Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON (6908 Views)

Africa Prize For Engineering Innovation For Students And Engineers / 14 Year-old- SSS Wins PZ Lagos Schools' Chemistry Challenge 2015 / Oau, Futo And Unilorin Teams Shortlisted For Cima Global Business Challenge 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
Don't fear mistakes, there are none - Miles Davis
DARE TO DREAM.
Valeo is offering young engineers worldwide the opportunity to create the equipment that will make cars more intelligent and intuitive by 2030. Comprising teams of two to five people, engineering students can take part by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English. The aim is to stimulate the students’ creativity, enabling them to form multidisciplinary teams. In this way, engineering students can join forces with students in the social sciences or any other scientific discipline that they think could be useful for their innovation project.

Do not limit yourselves.The Valeo Innovation Challenge is part of Valeo’s innovation strategy, supported by the company’s annual Research and Development budget of over €1 billion. Innovation drives faster growth at Valeo, a technological partner to all automakers worldwide.

Context, purposes and objective

The purpose of the contest is to recognize an innovative automotive equipment project chosen from submissions by students from around the world.
To coincide with the 2014 Paris Motor Show, Valeo is kicking off its second "Valeo Innovation Challenge 2015" contest. The competition invites students from engineering, technology and science schools and universities worldwide to take an active role in automobile innovation. Their task is to come up with automotive solutions that will make cars smarter and more intuitive by 2030. The students will be asked to develop bold, revolutionary solutions for the communities of tomorrow.
The contest serves to demonstrate that innovation is part of Valeo's DNA and that Research & Development are a priority for the company. This strategy guides the work of Valeo's 9,000 engineers, who innovate daily to invent the car of tomorrow.
Valeo plans to hire more than 1,000 engineers and technicians a year over the next three years and wants to make students aware of the challenges offered by professions in the automotive industry.
Projects will be judged on the following criteria :

Boldness, innovation and originality.
Importance and relevance of the problem addressed and consideration of social needs.
Presentation quality of the submission.

Technical proficiency.
Feasibility and construction of the prototype.

The 20 projects shortlisted for the prototyping phase will receive funding as outlined in Article 12 below

How to Enter
Complete information about the contest as well as the online application form can be found at :
https://valeoinnovationchallenge.valeo.com

Duration of Project: From October 17, 2014 to 12 noon CET on February 2, 2015

Design a product or system
Take an active role in automotive innovation

Project requirements

All projects must meet the following criteria and technical requirements:
The projects must be written in English.

Phase 1 - Project outline limited to six pages, illustrations (photos, diagrams) permitted, including a mandatory, concise one-page summary of the entire project.

Selection criteria
:
- Boldness, innovation and originality (50%).
- Importance and relevance of the problem addressed and consideration of social needs (20%).
- Presentation quality of the submission (10%).
- Technical proficiency (10%).
- Feasibility of the prototype (10%).
Details will be available at: https://valeoinnovationchallenge.valeo.com

Phase 2 – Production of a prototype and/or other media (video, slideshow, flash animation, 2D or 3D images, etc.), as well as a written document not to exceed 20 pages. File types accepted:
- Standard office software (.xls, .doc, .ppt, .odt).
- 3D CAD files (Catia V5, NX).
- 2D CAD files (Autocad).
- 3D CAD design files (Allias).
- Video files (.avi, .mpeg).
- Audio files (.wav, .mp3, etc.).
- Image files (.png, .jpeg, .tif, etc.).
- PDF files (.pdf).

Selection criteria
:
- Boldness, innovation and originality (50%).
- Importance and relevance of the problem addressed and consideration of social needs (10%).
- Presentation quality of the submission (10%).
- Technical proficiency (10%).
- Construction of the prototype (20%).

To start Phase 2 of the contest, the organizer will send specifications to the 20 shortlisted teams on April 1, 2015 describing the required format for the next round of project submissions.
Details will be available at: https://valeoinnovationchallenge.valeo.com

Phase 3 – Project presentation to the jury.

Engineering is one's ability to copy nature - Prof. S. N. E Omorodion (ETG)
Stretch your imaginations, it never breaks - Engr. Gc.akunne
Now I wish I was still in school.

For further information: https://valeoinnovationchallenge.valeo.com/the-challenge

Goodluck.

Copy:
Ishilove,
Richiez,
Olawalebabs,
Fynestboi

Help our ministry MOD's, Technology and Inovation drives a nation.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
Scrypt, if you form a team, let me know. I am interested.

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
standd:
Scrypt, if you form a team, let me know. I am interested.

Unfortunately standd, the average Nigerian youth is concerned about what whizkid is wearing. Only a whit would want to apply themselves. Quite dolorous. embarassed embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by davide470(m): 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Scrypt,

Why not start a team first before concluding.. Am in by the way..

4 Likes

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
davide470:
Scrypt,

Why not start a team first before concluding.. Am in by the way..

The stuff is supposed to be meant for undergrads. So far, no one has shown interest. Fortunately, I am not an undergrad, but I am willing to provide technical support for whoever has interest.

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by mcpat(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Faculty of engineering, Uniben already has an automobile design and fabrication group sponsored by shell JV.. I will try and pass the information to them that is if they have not gotten it already. They have successfully created the Eco -tuketuke and Eco cruise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:
Faculty of engineering, Uniben already has an automobile design and fabrication group sponsored by shell JV.. I will try and pass the information to them that is if they have not gotten it already. They have successfully created the Eco -tuketuke and Eco cruise.
Great! Please do.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by davide470(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:
Yeah, saw them on TV during the Netherlands Event.

My surprise was seeing Jenny there. She never strike me as an "academia" per se
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by mcpat(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
davide470:

Oh Jenny, Jenny is in charge of the interior design of the car.. The seats the floor etc... Lool you don't have to be an academia to be part of the team.. If you know how to use your machine tools well.. Woola!!
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by kingstylo01(m): 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
I love this. How i wish our youths will invest their time in something creative rather than wasting precious time on celibrity gist.

2 Likes

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by ignis: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
More of this. ...
This will go a long way in bringing advancement in technologies and life. Unlike useless BBA contests.

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by ichidodo: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
Children wiff mad skills...
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by DeCritique(m): 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
Cool
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by kelaG: 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Beautiful
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by DopeAngel(m): 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
didnt even understand a single thing the op posted
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Feraz(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
davide470:

You know Jennifer I for like join this oh. . .

OP, just checked the website. There are selected universities to participate. Ten universities were selected to participate. cry
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
DopeAngel:

You don't mean it. shocked
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Joskiro50: 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
LAND FOR SALE!!!

3rd time on FP this year. This year is gonna rock mehn.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by coldsoup(m): 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
im an undergrad in FUTO, SEET
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Daverytimes(m): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
DopeAngel:

Am sure you would understand better if they posted a celebrities breast, but seriously its not hard to understand.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Any team

Mechanical Engineering graduate with production, manufacturing and computer aided designs and manufacturing experience.

Let's form a team

#Lagos residents only
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
Team #alpha
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
Register now with team #alpha
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
I'm claiming the team leader position.

##TeamAlpha
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by pekeyim: 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
I'm in
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Genea(f): 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
Would av loved to join bt am a microbiologist,*feels like crying*
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by vin12(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Thanks OP for the info. Am sooo interested in this. Going to check out the site
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
Genea:
Would av loved to join bt am a microbiologist,*feels like crying*

You can still join. Just find a bunch of egg heads engineering students, then act as team manager, maybe interior decorator, errand woman, something anything.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:
I saw it last time a friend took me there. Though the design isn't aesthetic enough but understand the Nigeria we live in. So I must say they triee
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Ksslib(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
I trust Nigeria and NL'ers especially, this thread will struggle to cross page 1.

Hopefully, one day, we'll get our priorities right.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking:- ASUU Calls Off Strike / PTDF INTERVIEW QUESTIONS / WAEC Timetable 2018/2019 Pdf For May/june Examination Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.