Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,029 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON (6918 Views)

Africa Prize For Engineering Innovation For Students And Engineers / 14 Year-old- SSS Wins PZ Lagos Schools' Chemistry Challenge 2015 / Oau, Futo And Unilorin Teams Shortlisted For Cima Global Business Challenge 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by mcpat(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
2sExy1:
I saw it last time a friend took me there. Though the design isn't aesthetic enough but understand the Nigeria we live in. So I must say they triee
Which of the cars did you see, Tuketuke was their first try at producing something as a group and they had a deadline to meet in short notice and where it lacked in aesthetics it thrived in creativeness.. It can only be started by the drivers finger print, the gears are changed with buttons and the lights can go on and off by claps.. The Eco cruise is way better though and it won the award for the best design at the Last Shell Eco marathon( Sub- saharan Africa).

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:

Which of the cars did you see, Tuketuke was their first try at producing something as a group and they had a deadline to meet in short notice and where it lacked in aesthetics it thrived in creativeness.. It can only be started by the drivers finger print, the gears are changed with buttons and the lights can go on and off by claps.. The Eco cruise is way better though and it won the award for the best design at the Last Shell Eco marathon( Sub- saharan Africa).

Whoa! Nice work, that's some crazy technology. There is hope for Nigeria. It seems this Eco whatever assembly/design facility was recently introduced. It wasn't there during my time at the faculty. All the same, great work. It is in the Shell 2015 almanac. Saw it first on Linkedin, was very busy so couldn't read much about it.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by UGLYS: 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:

Innovation change the world.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:

yeah... It's a laudable venture. I forgot to add creativity... Thanks
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Scrypt:

Whoa! Nice work, that's some crazy technology. There is hope for Nigeria. It seems this Eco whatever assembly/design facility was recently introduced. It wasn't there during my time at the faculty. All the same, great work. It is in the Shell 2015 almanac. Saw it first on Linkedin, was very busy so couldn't read much about it.
bro, lots of guys are doing crazy things across the Nigerian tertiary institutions but the Nigerian government, private sector, corporate orgs aren't doing much to encourage this folks... Ideas are dying a natural death. In 2002, some guys built a fantastic and optimally performing hovercraft in UNILAG.... Where are they today, what about the hovercraft?
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Feraz(m): 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:

There's currently a third one going on. An urban concept or so!!!
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
2sExy1:
bro, lots of guys are doing crazy things across the Nigerian tertiary institutions but the Nigerian government, private sector, corporate orgs aren't doing much to encourage this folks... Ideas are dying a natural death. In 2002, some guys built a fantastic and optimally performing hovercraft in UNILAG.... Where are they today, what about the hovercraft?

Yes, I can relate with that. We even had an hovercraft developed right in our faces back then in UNIBEN too. Most times, these guys are not encouraged by these overfed engineering bodies who just sit and look for sponsorship for seminars. That's all they are concerned about, collect registration money and stamp you with a title without even a torch light to show as your invention.

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by mcpat(m): 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Scrypt:

You are an alumnus too? Lool we plenty for here O.. What department?
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
mcpat:

You are an alumnus too? Lool we plenty for here O.. What department?

White House, '10
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by mcpat(m): 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Scrypt:

White House, '10
Good to meet you scrypt...

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by tomzman: 12:15am On Jan 18, 2015
This is the kind of competitions we need in Nigeria! Nice one.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by TheRealAdonye(m): 4:39am On Jan 18, 2015
So Far!

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by jonddon(m): 4:40am On Jan 18, 2015
Time to contribute my quota!!! SPREAD the WORD to the WORLD. Most time there is no money to finance such a project that's why many nigerian youths lack interest not that they are not capable.
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Oahray: 7:38am On Jan 18, 2015
Only undergrads? sad
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Genea(f): 8:05am On Jan 18, 2015
Scrypt:

You can still join. Just find a bunch of egg heads engineering students, then act as team manager, maybe interior decorator, errand woman, something anything.
lol,tnx never tot abt dat

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by sleekyjay(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2015
Genea:
Would av loved to join bt am a microbiologist,*feels like crying*

who says u got nothing to offer??
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Genea(f): 8:15am On Jan 18, 2015
sleekyjay:

who says u got nothing to offer??
couldnt think of any way possible 2 help
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 18, 2015
Oahray:
Only undergrads? sad

I tire. embarassed
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by DopeAngel(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Scrypt:

You don't mean it. shocked
i swear down

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by DopeAngel(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
Daverytimes:

Am sure you would understand better if they posted a celebrities breast, but seriously its not hard to understand.
lolzzz... You bad grin grin grin
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by jimts(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
I shall participate! Let start making contacts with good old friends to set up my team cool.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by skydancer: 5:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good work OP. If Nigeria begins to participate actively and win International competitions, it will be only a matter of time before companies start sponsoring similar competitions here in Nigeria. Good human resources are scarce in Nigeria
Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by sleekyjay(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
Genea:
couldnt think of any way possible 2 help

A car uses an air conditioner, u can work on purifying the air i guess.. Erm, u can work on the toxicity of the carbon it secrets, maybe covert it to air freshner. LoL #just saying tho'

1 Like

Re: VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON by Chiemeka30: 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2015
Casing Design of a Two Hanger Casing System
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/casing-design-hanger-casing-system/

This Petroleum Engineering project topic and materials is fantastic
Check for your department.. www.uniprojecrsearch.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Na POS This Guy Later Open. Him Shop Dey My Area (photo) / 2010/2011 Admission Into Hnd,pre-nd,part-time,nd Programm Is Out. / 45% Pass In Waec; Good But Suspect News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.