Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Seven TOP Lying Professions. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Seven TOP Lying Professions. (40479 Views)

Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions / 10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by joshrare(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:
im complete naija girl, but im not too familiar with all the nigerian dresses u knw

But you have attended traditional marriage sha?
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by dejibimbo(m): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2015
What ashuebi, ashebi.....
Its a yoruba word....Aso Ebi
Meaning....Family Cloth, used in uniform
Now used generally to mean cloth used in uniform for an occasion....

2 Likes

Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by ggrin(f): 10:21am On Jan 21, 2015
emusmith:

Omitting "o" for "u"...? my bad smiley
smiley
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 21, 2015
dechandel:
I no even know which one i go come take.. Whether awesome or horrible tongue
Thanks all the same kiss
smiley smiley
awesome it is!
How today dey go?
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Precide(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:
im complete naija girl, but im not too familiar with all the nigerian dresses u knw
he means Aso ebi.....yoruba madness
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by hardbody: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2015
emusmith:

Logic? Really?

Yes Sir. Give me one example of a lawyer lying and i will explain to you how logic has been applied in that instance. No lawyer, for instance ever claims that Mr A, is not the owner of a house or land, all he tries to prove on a balance of probability and based on 3rd party instruction and advise is that Mr. A may not actually be the owner based on Facts A,B,C and D as provided by Mr B who is also claiming ownership.

Besides, on quite a number of occasions, matters are struck out purely on technical grounds but to the non-initiates, you think the lawyer has told one big and massive lie.

Finally, in the example cited above, who brings the claim of counter ownership, is it the lawyer, No. It is Mr B and he provides facts that the lawyer works with. I do not know why this simple fact is difficult for people to comprehend
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by XKZ(m): 11:25am On Jan 21, 2015
hardbody:

Yes Sir. Give me one example of a lawyer lying and i will explain to you how logic has been applied in that instance.

Bill Clinton (a lawyer) lying under oath, before a grand jury, that he did not sleep with Monica Lewinsky.
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Revolva(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2015
Hahah I knew lawyers will be there

1 Like

Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by hardbody: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2015
XKZ:

Bill Clinton (a lawyer) lying under oath, before a grand jury, that he did not sleep with Monica Lewinsky.

He lied because he is Bill Clinton not because he is a lawyer. People lie everyday and they are no where near being lawyers. Buhari here has told us several versions of what happened to his SSCE and even swore to an Oath on the fact that the army has it, then the army came out to deny it. Did Buhari perjure because he is a lawyer?

Your example does not hold water. Cite another
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by XKZ(m): 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
hardbody:

He lied because he is Bill Clinton not because he is a lawyer. People lie everyday and they are no where near being lawyers. Buhari here has told us several versions of what happened to his SSCE and even swore to an Oath on the fact that the army has it, then the army came out to deny it. Did Buhari perjure because he is a lawyer?

Your example does not hold water. Cite another

Well, you have made a very good point. But if that's the standard we are going to use to determine if lawyers lie then it will be hard to prove it. Because you might as well argue that lawyers who were disbarred for lying are an aberration (and lie because they are liars ordinarily), that the vast majority of lawyers are not liars hence have not been disbarred.

A New York woman tripped on the street across from a church, but changed her story when her lawyers told her
there was more money in suing churches than homeowners. They pulled the client's statements from the file and hired another lawyer to handle the trial. When they faced the NY disciplinary authorities, the two lawyers admitted their conduct was "dishonest and shameful," said they were really really sorry (I assume), and excused
themselves on the grounds of their "youth and inexperience."
They were suspended for 9 months.

lab.lawyerist.com/ethics/1016-things-that-wont-get-you-disbarred-lying-to-the-court.html

overlawyered.com/2013/05/n-y-p-i-lawyers-are-suspended-encouraging-client-lie/
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by hardbody: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
XKZ:

Well, you have made a very good point. But if that's the standard we are going to use to determine if lawyers lie then it will be hard to prove it. Because you might as well argue that lawyers who were disbarred for lying are an aberration (and lie because they are liars ordinarily), that the vast majority of lawyers are not liars hence have not been disbarred.

A New York woman tripped on the street across from a church, but changed her story when her lawyers told her
there was more money in suing churches than homeowners. They pulled the client's statements from the file and hired another lawyer to handle the trial. When they faced the NY disciplinary authorities, the two lawyers admitted their conduct was "dishonest and shameful," said they were really really sorry (I assume), and excused
themselves on the grounds of their "youth and inexperience."
They were suspended for 9 months.

lab.lawyerist.com/ethics/1016-things-that-wont-get-you-disbarred-lying-to-the-court.html

overlawyered.com/2013/05/n-y-p-i-lawyers-are-suspended-encouraging-client-lie/

The point made an interesting reading. The lawyers saw and explored an opportunity. Sold the idea to a client 'who was going to tell the lie' perhaps to only 'be guided on technical approach to be applied', by the lawyers. Who tripped? Who lied about the circumstance of what happened? definitely not the lawyers. My point? Lawyers are mouth pieces of their clients. The lawyers advocate what their clients claim. This client who is not a lawyer lied. She could have distanced herself from such a line of argument.

Even the title of your document posted says the lawyers were suspended for 'encouraging a client to lie'. They on their own did not lie. Or did they?
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Preshochyx(m): 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
dechandel:
Thanchu smiley

oh yu speak Chinese too.. grin
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
hardbody:

The point made an interesting reading. The lawyers saw and explored an opportunity. Sold the idea to a client 'who was going to tell the lie' perhaps to only 'be guided on technical approach to be applied', by the lawyers. Who tripped? Who lied about the circumstance of what happened? definitely not the lawyers. My point? Lawyers are mouth pieces of their clients. The lawyers advocate what their clients claim. This client who is not a lawyer lied. She could have distanced herself from such a line of argument.

Even the title of your document posted says the lawyers were suspended for 'encouraging a client to lie'. They on their own did not lie. Or did they?

Just passing...
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by leookagbare: 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
Lol...cool bro...you should visit this blog I visited yesterday...you will read about the ways you can lie that no one would know you are lieing....
http://
www.reekwhat.
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
leookagbare:
Lol...cool bro...you should visit this blog I visited yesterday...you will read about the ways you can lie that no one would know you are lieing....
http://
www.reekwhat.

I don't want to learn that o...

1 Like

Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by maskid(m): 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
dechandel:
Thanchu smiley

Na only make up abi make out i dey see 4 ther.

Dnt flatter urself plz
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by emmie4luv(f): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
@op everything u said was correct, I really agree wit u
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
emmie4luv:
@op everything u said was correct, I really agree wit u
Thanks sweethrt... wink
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Patrictemmy(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=emusmith post=29853521][/quote] bros you omitted #Radionic
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by vdavydenko: 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
I don't understand why lawyers are said to be a lying profession? I always met only nice and highly professional lawyers. I've had some horrible bankruptcy experience... I don't know where I would be if guys from http://my-bankruptcy-law-advisor.com didn't help me that time. I am so grateful.
Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by ArcToyin(m): 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
dechandel:
Lawyers are Angels!! Ask any Criminal undecided
abi liars

1 Like

Re: Seven TOP Lying Professions. by Nmeri17: 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
jvera:
lol...u go sew thats not a problem make the time reach first
the time is now smiley just say yes to me wink kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.