Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

What Buhari Never Said......... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Never Said......... (3334 Views)

I never said Wike And Fayose Will Be Expelled: Sherrif / Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe: "Buhari Never Sat For WASC" / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
...that he will make Nigeria ungovernable.........

Fact: The statement was actually made by Lawal Kaita, currently a PDP member from the North who said if a Notherner doesn't win the 2011 election, they will make Nigeria ungovernable. Guardian Newspaper published an article written by Reuben Abati, claiming that Buhari made that statement. Buhari sued both Guardian and Abati. The presidency begged Buhari to settle out of court, which he did. An apology was printed in the same Guardian retracting the false claims

.....that Muslims should only vote for Muslims...........

Fact Buhari never said that. He gave a speech in Sokoto in 2001, at a launching in Hausa language. what he said was people in Sokoto knows themselves, so when the ban on politics is lifted, they should choose responsible leaders to represent them. The reporter that wrote the story is a notorious Hammed Oyerinde, a Yoruba man who was not at the event, and did not understand nor speak Hausa, yet produced the story. Few days after, Bishop Matthew Kukah, visited Buhari, challenging him on the alleged statement. Buhari told Father Kukah that his speech at the event was tapped and he should listen to the tape. Many people had listened to the tape, and found out what Buhari truly said. Hammed Oyerinde later confessed that he wasn't at the event and that he doesn't understand Hausa......the big question was, so why did Oyerinde cook up the story? Hammed Oyerinde's antecedents dates back to when he was accused of taking bribes and fabricating stories. He was disciplined by the Nigerian Press watchdog....

..................spill the blood of dogs and baboons...............

Fact: Buhari quoted a popular Hausa proverb - "Kare jinni birin jinni" direct translation - If a dog bites a monkey, both will end up bloody, contextual meaning - this competition will be fierce. Buhari never spoke in English, and this is even a popular proverb used freely in the north. For example if Kano Pillars are scheduled to have a soccer league game with Gombe united, fans from both side use the proverb to predict the outcome of the anticipated match. How the media interpreted it to mean blood of dogs and baboon is unfortunate

.........total implementation of Sharia in all Nigerian States....................

Fact: Buhari had clarified this and wondered why he will make such a statement, especially in a cosmopolitan Nigeria

......PDP's allegation that Buhari made Nigeria join OIC.......

Fact: Buhari refused to sign Nigeria up to OIC. It was IBB (Babangida) that signed Nigeria up to OIC. Funnily enough in 2013 GEJ led the Nigerian delegates to OIC.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
I have always accused NLers and lots of young folks in Nigeria, that we are so lazy, we just gobble up and regurgitate falsehood instead of doing simple research. so let's make this simpler. Can anybody give evidence either to authenticate my clarification or to rebut it. I believe this clarity are needed to add a positive perspective to the preparation for the elections

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
Please good sire, can you throw more light on the Sharia implementation??

Does Buhari support Sharia??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by eaglechild: 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Medicine after death.

No need to cry over spilt milk.

Too little too late.

Tell that to the marines.

Done bun can't be undone/ cooked moi moi can't be uncooked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by kestolove95(m): 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
Even if him talk all dox tinz...e still no concern me...I most vote buhari cum feBUHARI 14
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
kestolove95:
Even if him talk all dox tinz...e still no concern me...I most vote buhari cum feBUHARI 14

You are irredeemable...

Goodluck2you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
kestolove95:

https://www.nairaland.com/599987/rev-father-mathew-hassan-kukah
https://www.facebook.com/apc.london.7/posts/1553155474928073
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
DDeliverer:

Bros,

1. Sharia is not my forte. I am a Christian in good standing with assurance of my salvation. But like Fr. Kukah, I am very pragmatic of the world we live in.
2. Only Buhari himself can answer the question of his support for Sharia. I believe he's done so, save for misrepresentation of his views by media.

3. Perharps I should lift some of the words in Fr. Kukah's article maybe it would assuage your thirst......

Fr Kukah:

What this issue raises for me is the way Nigerians generally react in the face of the public discourse on very sore but deeply important issues, especially religion. We all retreat into our cocoons of prejudice and from that comfort, we continue to throw stones at the centre, defending our own but also raising the tensions. The result is that we fail to realize the extent of the damage done to our institutions, causes and integrity. I know that many readers who have rather made up their minds and would rather remain in their laagers will accuse me of blindly supporting the General, pandering to the North, or even trivializing what they consider to be a serious issue.

[b]The Patron (he is usually male, a chief, a fake appellation of Dr and a fake Sir, all titles he garners to compensate for his semi literate and modest credentials) is not so much concerned about the welfare of his people, for he requires that existing condition as a grazing field to satisfy his personal ambition and hold on to power. He uses this condition to negotiate with the state, which being largely uncaring about the general condition co-opts this patrons as one of its fellow negotiators (s party member, an office-holder in the dispensation or of a member of the ruling council as the case may be). The patron then invents an identity for his people and builds a brick wall to stop them from both realizing their conditions and negotiating with others in the larger society who may share their depressing conditions. The people are told that they are Hausas, Northerners, Muslims, Yorubas, Igbos, Urhobos or whatever. Their imagined ancestry, with no historical or anthropological basis, becomes the fig leaf for covering the unclothedness of the patron's greed. When the people begin to experience the pain and it seems that they are likely to listen to the voice of reason (based on the sermon of those who have seen through this deceit), the people are told by their patron that they cannot contaminate the purity of their linage. We, the descendants of so and so must remain united and stand together. If this identity has been hammered on the anvil of religion, the people are told that the new elite challenging the status quo is betraying the cause. The patron charges anyone exposing this hypocrisy with unbelief or at best those who have abandoned the true religion as ordained by God. This has been the philosophy driving the idea of we, the Northerners, we the descendants of Oduduwa, we the Ndigbo and so on[/b]

[b]For those who have resorted to Sharia to buy time and legitimacy, it is not clear yet whether the worst is still to come. But I have it on good authority from at least two highly placed Muslims from Katsina and Funtua that since the introduction of Sharia, the cost of alcohol has gone up by over two hundred per cent, in some places, much higher. I also hear that the price of kettles has gone up because the elite need at least two, one for real ablution and the other for storing alcohol. At the beginning of the 21st century, at a time when there is no nation in the world that is practicing Sharia at the level we crave for, the ruling elite in Northern Nigeria seemed determined to take a road that will lead to a cul-de-sac. This is not a judgment on the application of Sharia per se. I know that any and every honest Muslim knows that the Laws of God are written in our hearts. We do not need promulgations, proclamations or declarations to implement he love of God. The Iranians tried this road under ayatollah Khomeini. Today, many of the solders of the revolution have changed track and are in a quest for modernization. President Khatami is leading Iranians on the road of modernization. It is nonsense to argue that modernization undermines faith[/b]
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
eaglechild:
Medicine after death.

No need to cry over spilt milk.

Too little too late.

Tell that to the marines.

Done bun can't be undone/ cooked moi moi can't be uncooked.

Bros,

1. The General does not need to undo what he didn't do in the first place.
Fr. Kukah:
Secondly that General Buhari would consider it beneath him to come our defending himself. Anyone remotely familiar with the mind of a Northern Muslim would concede that the General would remain calm and philosophical, believing in the judgment of his conscience on the one had and that of Allah on the other.
2. It is we that should not allow the "Patron" as described by Fr. Kukah to drag us in the cesspit of ignorance, deception and destruction
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

1. Sharia is not my forte. I am a Christian in good standing with assurance of my salvation. But like Fr. Kukah, I am very pragmatic of the world we live in.
2. Only Buhari himself can answer the question of his support for Sharia. I believe he's done so, save for misrepresentation of his views by media.

3. Perharps I should lift some of the words in Fr. Kukah's article maybe it would assuage your thirst......

This is life is very easy o..But people keep making it difficult..
Does Buhari support Sharia? Yes or No..
Fr.kukah's article didn't answer my question..
You seem sincere so I'm trusting you'll tell me the truth..Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by jahbiz: 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
mapet:
...that he will make Nigeria ungovernable.........

Fact: The statement was actually made by Lawal Kaita, currently a PDP member from the North who said if a Notherner doesn't win the 2011 election, they will make Nigeria ungovernable. Guardian Newspaper published an article written by Reuben Abati, claiming that Buhari made that statement. Buhari sued both Guardian and Abati. The presidency begged Buhari to settle out of court, which he did. An apology was printed in the same Guardian retracting the false claims
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by hushmail: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
No matter how you attempt to bury the truth,

it will always surface

how can the Op come here to give us his own interpretation of buhari's words

abi I no study English again?

I fully understand what means that the monkey and baboon will soak in blood

I also know what means to say Muslims should vote Muslim

likewise, the intention to Sharialize the entire Nigeria

and honestly speaking anyone associated with the above statements

does not deserve to be our president

because I still intend to remain a Christian

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
DDeliverer:

This is life is very easy o..But people keep making it difficult..
Does Buhari support Sharia? Yes or No..
Fr.kukah's article didn't answer my question..
You seem sincere so I'm trusting you'll tell me the truth..Yes or No?

........ I think you should seek Buhari himself to answer your question then. But if I may ask, what if he does? He's a muslim and he's entitled to his religious beliefs.

Do you support your church doctorines? (that is if you're a Christian)

Meanwhile sorry for my seeming overestimation in quoting Fr. Kukah's analysis........... simply put, some of us are wiser and sees through the charade than to let the deception from "leaders" (including Christians and Muslims) to use religion as a weapon rather than address the real pertinent issues
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by zigger(m): 12:03am On Jan 17, 2015
Are u buhari's P.A or wat
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 12:08am On Jan 17, 2015
hushmail:

it will always surface

1. Bros, I think Fr. Kukah himself had helped me to open my reaction to you in his article
Fr. Kukah:
know that many readers who have rather made up their minds and would rather remain in their laagers will accuse me of blindly supporting the General, pandering to the North, or even trivializing what they consider to be a serious issue. It might also be said that the General may have settled me, as is common with us whenever anyone dares to beat a track away from the popular and wide road tarred with prejudice. They will wonder why I have broken ranks with my own tribe when all good Christians ought to have stood on one side.

2. I don't think you read my posers well enough, neither do I think you understood it. I do not disagree with you that you studied English, but guess what? Buhari did not make the alleged statement in English. It was our media, probably who didn't understand Hausa that did.

3. Neither did he say Muslim should vote for Muslim. Bros, I wonder your recalcitrant attitude when evidence abound. https://www.nairaland.com/599987/rev-father-mathew-hassan-kukah

4. I threw the challenge that all these allegation and rebuttal be prove. Please prove the allegation to "Sharilize" Nigeria. Let's make this discourse worth the while and not just bear parlour supposition (check my ps). Please provide substantial evidence....

PS: I was at the Driver's licensing office lately and while we were waiting, discussion on politics ensued. Very interesting I must say. But what I found most intriguing was that the most vociferous, arguing a lot on wrong premise and assumption and false information, yet with audacity, could not read or write, could not remember his DOB/age when the FRSC officers wanted to do his data capture grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 12:10am On Jan 17, 2015
zigger:
Are u buhari's P.A or wat

Nope. Just a Nigerian, yet choose to be ideal
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by hushmail: 12:30am On Jan 17, 2015
mapet:

1. Bros, I think Fr. Kukah himself had helped me to open my reaction to you in his article

2. I don't think you read my posers well enough, neither do I think you understood it. I do not disagree with you that you studied English, but guess what? Buhari did not make the alleged statement in English. It was our media, probably who didn't understand Hausa that did.

3. Neither did he say Muslim should vote for Muslim. Bros, I wonder your recalcitrant attitude when evidence abound. https://www.nairaland.com/599987/rev-father-mathew-hassan-kukah

4. I threw the challenge that all these allegation and rebuttal be prove. Please prove the allegation to "Sharilize" Nigeria. Let's make this discourse worth the while and not just bear parlour supposition (check my ps). Please provide substantial evidence....

bros, pls do not quote Fr. Kukah out of context, or where it suits you,

The Patron (he is usually male, a chief, a fake appellation of Dr and a fake Sir, all titles he garners to compensate for his semi literate and modest credentials) is not so much concerned about the welfare of his people, for he requires that existing condition as a grazing field to satisfy his personal ambition and hold on to power.[i][/i]

what of monkey and baboon blood bath? didnt buhari make that statement? a respected elder statesman should not make provocative sttaments. 11 youth corpers died in 2011 because of buhari's call to arms of his supporters.

say all you like, the truth still remains the truth, it never changes, and no matter how you play with words, facts are facts

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by dguyindcorner(m): 12:31am On Jan 17, 2015
hushmail:

it will always surface

you really need deliverance
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by dguyindcorner(m): 12:33am On Jan 17, 2015
Some of them are TANoids and when you ask them for proof they resort to GEJ TILL...

I sorry for most of them, they just follow blindly.
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 12:41am On Jan 17, 2015
Bros,

why are you show some comprehension issues........ I just told you the Buhari spoke in hausa and spoke a popular proverb which means "competition will be fierce". It is the media pps that should answer the question of the mistranslation. Pinning the death of NYSC on Buhari is begging the issue......

I have rightly quoted Fr. Kukah's article and rightly in context, because by the time you realise the "Patron" is simply taking advantage of you lot, using religion and ethnicity, provide you continue to graze in his field of deceit, while he achieves his aim of keeping you down, ignorant and lacking in knowledge.
hushmail:

bros, pls do not quote Fr. Kukah out of context, or where it suits you,

The Patron (he is usually male, a chief, a fake appellation of Dr and a fake Sir, all titles he garners to compensate for his semi literate and modest credentials) is not so much concerned about the welfare of his people, for he requires that existing condition as a grazing field to satisfy his personal ambition and hold on to power.[i][/i]

what of monkey and baboon blood bath? didnt buhari make that statement? a respected elder statesman should not make provocative sttaments. 11 youth corpers died in 2011 because of buhari's call to arms of his supporters.

say all you like, the truth still remains the truth, it never changes, and no matter how you play with words, facts are facts
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 12:41am On Jan 17, 2015
dguyindcorner:
Some of them are TANoids and when you ask them for proof they resort to GEJ TILL...

I sorry for most of them, they just follow blindly.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mrmetoo1: 12:58am On Jan 17, 2015
OP, thank you very much you're doing a great job. I don't see how people don't realize this election is more important than the candidate you support. The guys on the ruling side I've spent a lot of time attacking the opposition's character, a lot of time just wicked lies. While the opposition has had to spend a lot of time defending these lies meanwhile the real issues facing this country has been put on the back burner. It gets tiring sometimes but I'm encouraged by your post.

If Buhari loses on issues, fine, it's a democracy, the people have spoken. However when you talk to people and their reason for not voting Buhari is he'll islamize Nigeria, he's Boko Haram sponsor and all these ridiculous accusations, I just lose hope in the country.

Unfortunately a lot of these guys are hell bent on spreading these lies, no matter how untrue, just take a look at this thread. The dog and monkey statement could be used in a number of scenarios including sports but people don't want to face the truth. The main reason for this is, if all these lies are debunked then they have no reason not to consider voting for the opposition, they'll rather be guided by lies. A lot of us know first-hand how much these politicians are worth, it's ridiculous that we can easily sell our soul for crumbs, for ethnic bias and religion.

This really isn't for anyone to vote the opposition, this is just for us to be true to ourselves. Nigeria is a great country what it's lacking is people that really love this country believe it or not. Obama spoke yesterday he talked about marking the 200th anniversary of the battle of new Orleans, he said it with pride appreciating those that came before him. Our president on the other hand, disrespected the office of the presidency just for re-election by saying "they" didn't buy a single rifle. A president coming out and telling a bold faced lie and his supporters still come here and support. I'm not saying don't vote for that reason but we need to start holding our leaders accountable.

It's not like even Jonathan can't be a great president but when we the citizens help in pushing lies and covering up our leader's inadequacy then there's really no incentive to be great.

I pray for our dear country!
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by hushmail: 1:14am On Jan 17, 2015
mapet:
Bros,

why are you show some comprehension issues........ I just told you the Buhari spoke in hausa and spoke a popular proverb which means "competition will be fierce". It is the media pps that should answer the question of the mistranslation. Pinning the death of NYSC on Buhari is begging the issue......

I have rightly quoted Fr. Kukah's article and rightly in context, because by the time you realise the "Patron" is simply taking advantage of you lot, using religion and ethnicity, provide you continue to graze in his field of deceit, while he achieves his aim of keeping you down, ignorant and lacking in knowledge.

bros, pls lets us be sincere, I do not claim to understand Hausa, but one thing I do know is that "the monkey and baboon statement was made as a threat if PDP rigs election" it has nothing to do with fierce competition. Now you also want to wipe the slate clean on these young corpers who lost thier lives serving their father land, by saying buhari should not be held accountable? actually, I will like to go further about these corpers, but I wouldnt want their families to be reminded of their pain and lost.
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by hushmail: 1:20am On Jan 17, 2015
hushmail:

bros, pls lets us be sincere, I do not claim to understand Hausa, but one thing I do know is that "the monkey and baboon statement was made as a threat if PDP rigs election" it has nothing to do with fierce competition. Now you also want to wipe the slate clean on these young corpers who lost thier lives serving their father land, by saying buhari should not be held accountable? actually, I will like to go further about these corpers, but I wouldnt want their families to be reminded of their pain and lost.

thanks to google

mapet see the link and be truthful

https://www.nairaland.com/938100/dog-baboon-soaked-blood-buhari

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-under-fire-over-threat-of-bloodshed/

if you spend time and read the punch of 16 May 2012, (above) you see

that indeed this country heading for serious trouble. even a soothsayer could

not have predicted the present situation of things then. but obviously there

are forces beyond comprehension playing out here. that article simply proves

that the blooth bath is for sure.

pple pls pray for our Nigeria
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by Nobody: 4:08am On Jan 17, 2015
For the first time in my life, I see a 'christian' who sees nothing wrong in sharia..Nice one mapet.
I also love your clever insult. If I didn't look hard enough, I'd probably won't have noticed it. Well played!

When its convenient for them, they say don't vote according to ethnic, regional or religious sentiments but only on the competence value of the candidate. LIARS! Nigerians will vote along ethnic, tribal, regional, religious AND merit lines. Nigerians have allowed a reasonable percentage of each of these facts to shapen our choice of #OurGEJ.

Where were your competent voices when most states in the north were allowed access to the unity schools with cut off marks as ridiculously low as 02? What did you do to protest this shameful anomaly?
Where was your 'things should be done on the basis of merit only' voice when the tambuwal-led house called for a suspension of presidential scholarship scheme for first class just because most states in the north were found incompetent for the award.
How about the PTDF scholarship? Is it entirely based on merits? If everything in nigeria were to be earned only on the basis of merit, who do you think would lose more; those who over time created ( and are still creating) a massive pool of uneducated children or those who see proper formal education as a worth empowerment and liberating tool?

How many of you pretender competence preacher got to where you are now solely on the basis of competence with no trace of corruption? How many of you? Are we not still searching for Buhari's certificate?

For as long as no presidential candidate has come out to say Nigeria will run mainly from money collected PROPORTIONALLY from all citizens/companies from the north and south, we will continue to have ethnicity,tribalism and all their cousins determine who presides over the redistribution of proceeds from the sale of the SOUTH's crude oil.

Na our money dey run Nigeria and these northerners don't even show appreciation at all. Oil exploration has totally destroyed Niger-Delta, yet you sit in the cozy comfort of your homes elsewhere in Nigeria and tell me n0nsense.

What competent plan do you people have to remediate the Niger-delta environment. Oh! I forgot, the only problem in nigeria is the poorly defined and much abused word, corruption and the only solution is to return power to the North! Unlike you mapet, I no be melu melu.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by egift(m): 5:43am On Jan 17, 2015
DDeliverer:

Buhari explained that every Nigerian have the right to practice whatever he wants as long as it is not illegal. He also is not again sharia as dictates by Islam.

It is just PDP agent that are spinning these to make Buhari look bad because PDP has no new ideas for reelection.

Sai Buhari/Osinbajo 2015
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
hushmail:

1. Bros let's review the situation in 2 folds. I have submitted that from my findings, we have the issue of correct translation. The hausa "Kare jinni birin jinni" has it's literal meaning, yet was misconstrued. That is yet to be debunked.
2. to the best of my knowledge, what Buhari said to his CPC deligates in Hausa is "a kasa; a tsare; a raka" which literally told the electorate to vote, protect the votes and follow up to the points of counting/collation. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/muhammadu-buhari-the-meaning-and-politics-of-language/#sthash.htMpAszM.dpuf
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by ellechrystal(f): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
Na wa O. All these stories. I will say wait till feb2014. No need to dig up rotten n shivery threats.
Most of us know the truth n don't think we should get involved in any argument by some ppl who's minds r clouded with a particular candidate,that no matter what he does they defend. N thus us one man that if he happens to win, he has no business with u. Y kill ur self over political figures? When they r liars. They r worst than d devil. They say one n then say another or deny they never did.
They just come lie destroy their opponents n walk away, leaving d youths to engage in Bartle of words over their best candidates. Please feb14 is just around d corner. Chill out n vote. It's just in three weeks. D only reasonable n best thing to do for ur best candidate is to vote him. N not defend him in Nairaland or any other media.
We talk too much. Let's keep shot n vote.
By then we will know who d next president is.
STOP LETTING THIS POLITICIANS WHO DONT KNOW THEIR JOB DECEIVE U.!!!
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by mapet: 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bros,

1. My Christian conviction does not tell me to condemn the other man of his religious conviction, as I won't want him to do mine. I believe the bother line stops at the point I am persuaded to share the gospel with him and out of his own volition he accepts Christ.
2. I also acknowledge that we live in a cosmopolitan society and a constitution that gives every Nigeria the right to practice his/her religion, a constitution that recognizes Sharia in the first place. I've never shied from ascerting my spiritual convictions, yet I am pragmatic enough to live peaceably with all men. as the scripture wont us to do
3. Now to your issues.....First off, I'll be disciplined to address these issues primarily from the topic of discussion before delving into deviations you've introduced. My preoccupation here is that we put the truth on the plate with regards to the allegations spread in the media by GEJ machinery and PDP. Has that been debunked Coincidentally APC has also taken the gauntlet to sensitize people on same.
4. Ok let's see the deviations. If you choose to vote along ethnic, tribal, religious and regional lines fine by you. My only objection is that hardly can merit be in the mix. it's too complicated. As soon as Osinbajo's name was announced, have you seen any negative report about his competence and integrity? Have you even heard people will support GMB because of where Osinbajo comes from? Despite being an in-law to Awolowo family, have APC even tabled that as a selling point? Have they ridden on his Pastorship of in Redeem? Everything mentioned about him has been about his antecedents, his integrity and competence.
5. So it every other thing had shaped your choice of Jonathan, then I submit that every other thing in place for GEJ but merit
6. Let's not go into sentiments. Two wrongs will never make a right. If we collectively feel the injustice of the quota system, then that is a different issue. It should not be used as basis to justify outright lies against the candidature of GMB. I don't know the workings of the PTDF scholarship, but I do know that what has been published in the newspapers lately has shown a defined balance, even skewed in favour of the producing communities. There is no scientific proof that if things are done solely on merit, the North will loose.
7. Now the part in bold is where you got me to even question any iota of integrity you claim. Don't worry about my accompaniment as it makes no meaning to you. But I type currently from my Hotel room, pursing the highest level academic pursuit. Besides I will not claim no favours came my way as no man can do so, but it is important to state that 2 wrongs don't make a right. If roles a reversed today and the cut-off marks on common entrance was reduced to 2 for south-south states, will that assuage your ill-feeling? Is the desertification and probably destructon of the north enough price for you? That you endorse corruption is no surprised, Jonathan has done so many times. but bros we do not share the same value system
8. But I should have sensed that I was in debate with a South-South Crusader. I make no bid to convince you otherwise with ownership of oil. I have long concluded it an exercise in futility. But I pray one day you guys we realise that you will enjoy "your Oil money"better with a competent leader in the saddle

DDeliverer:
For the first time in my life, I see a 'christian' who sees nothing wrong in sharia..Nice one mapet.
I also love your clever insult. If I didn't look hard enough, I'd probably won't have noticed it. Well played!

When its convenient for them, they say don't vote according to ethnic, regional or religious sentiments but only on the competence value of the candidate. LIARS! Nigerians will vote along ethnic, tribal, regional, religious AND merit lines. Nigerians have allowed a reasonable percentage of each of these facts to shapen our choice of #OurGEJ.

Where were your competent voices when most states in the north were allowed access to the unity schools with cut off marks as ridiculously low as 02? What did you do to protest this shameful anomaly?
Where was your 'things should be done on the basis of merit only' voice when the tambuwal-led house called for a suspension of presidential scholarship scheme for first class just because most states in the north were found incompetent for the award.
How about the PTDF scholarship? Is it entirely based on merits? If everything in nigeria were to be earned only on the basis of merit, who do you think would lose more; those who over time created ( and are still creating) a massive pool of uneducated children or those who see proper formal education as a worth empowerment and liberating tool?

How many of you pretender competence preacher got to where you are now solely on the basis of competence with no trace of corruption? How many of you? Are we not still searching for Buhari's certificate?

For as long as no presidential candidate has come out to say Nigeria will run mainly from money collected PROPORTIONALLY from all citizens/companies from the north and south, we will continue to have ethnicity,tribalism and all their cousins determine who presides over the redistribution of proceeds from the sale of the SOUTH's crude oil.

Na our money dey run Nigeria and these northerners don't even show appreciation at all. Oil exploration has totally destroyed Niger-Delta, yet you sit in the cozy comfort of your homes elsewhere in Nigeria and tell me n0nsense.

What competent plan do you people have to remediate the Niger-delta environment. Oh! I forgot, the only problem in nigeria is the poorly defined and much abused word, corruption and the only solution is to return power to the North! Unlike you mapet, I no be melu melu.
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by dlondonbadboy: 10:04am On Feb 09, 2018
kestolove95:

Howfa?
Re: What Buhari Never Said......... by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
mapet:

PS: I was at the Driver's licensing office lately and while we were waiting, discussion on politics ensued. Very interesting I must say. But what I found most intriguing was that the most vociferous, arguing a lot on wrong premise and assumption and false information, yet with audacity, could not read or write, could not remember his DOB/age when the FRSC officers wanted to do his data capture grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, have you read Bishop kuhah's letter to Buhari? Care to comment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

#NigeriansboycottDSTV / KARMA ; APC'S Past Now Haunt Them Badly. SCREENSHOT. / President Buhari Declares Assets After Pressure From Bacanista!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.