Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

#NigeriansboycottDSTV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #NigeriansboycottDSTV (3322 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
I just found out that DSTV premium bouquet has been increased from 13,400 to 16,100. I had grudgingly agreed to pay 13,400 when it was increased from 10,000 just a few years back because of my kids and wife. Now it struck like a lightening bolt and I asked myself why I should pay minimum wage to a south african company when this is the average monthly pay for many Nigerian families today; upon this in the flip side of Nairaland is the horrific xenophobic attacks and killings of Nigerians by south africans. I also recently read that DSTV actually violated a Nigerian court order against this planned 20% increase in tarrif. Nigerians have become a milk cow for this south african company and we are violated with impunity and disregard to our laws. I call on Nigerians to resist this ugly trend by DSTV by boycotting subscription to its services. If we think we cannot survive without it, you may just observe that you actually view less than 10% of these DSTV channels and many of us dont even have the time to view up to 5%. Nigerians please be wise, let us resist this unlawful exploitation by DSTV by boycotting its services.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by KingTom(m): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Yes you are right! We shall say no to this day light robbery! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by kodded(m): 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
DSthieving angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
kodded:
DSthieving angry
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by tayoxx(m): 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
I wish we can do this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 16, 2015
For once I wish people can come together and do this. Really!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by redsconsult(m): 12:16am On Apr 16, 2015
my subscription will end today and i think i will subacribe on cosat till they reduce their price and respect our court order

2 Likes

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 12:58am On Apr 16, 2015
redsconsult:
my subscription will end today and i think i will subacribe on cosat till they reduce their price and respect our court order

Mine just expired and I have put it on coast till our voices are heard and till our voices makes a difference for once. This blatant, lawless, daylight thievery by DSTV must be stopped.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by HammedSodiqq: 4:14am On Apr 16, 2015
Going out to get ABG today. Learnt they also have numerous gud channels. N3,500 and u have a fun-filled weekend watching d Champions, Chelsea and others.
DSTV Decoder retires to d store

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by seunfly: 4:20am On Apr 16, 2015
kodded:
DSthieving angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Naija people sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 16, 2015
When they don't have any competition we all know most Nigerians will still pay the new fees.....we are being duped in our own backyard......DSTV and MTN your days are really numbered.......you provide horrible services and charge large amounts? Why can't we do pay-per-view it's not like our light is good......they ate using our money to develop there country......#babanowthatyourthere please help us

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by fitzmayowa: 5:09am On Apr 16, 2015
The only cure to this DSTV madness is competition, I wonder what happened to HITV, DAARSAT and others...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by silica(m): 5:10am On Apr 16, 2015
Only real action can make them stop this nonsense. I have refused to renew my subscription (i was on premium bouquet) and in the last two days, they have called twice with each call lasting for minimum of 10mins. each time they call, I tell them it's not worth the price and they will spend all that time justifying the increase and pleading with me to reconsider. So far am sticking to my gun.If we all do the same, they will get the message. Am not going to waste my time hastaging when I can take real action.this is not bring back our girls with millions of hastags tweets while the girls remain missing. we need real action like I have taken. If I don't watch premiership, it's not the end of the world.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by nationwide1(m): 5:50am On Apr 16, 2015
Seun and concerned moderators, do the needful to this thread - move it to front page.

Nigerians are sapped of her resources at home by South Africans who take pleasure in effecting massacre of our citizens in their homeland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Segadem(m): 6:52am On Apr 16, 2015
nationwide1:
Seun and concerned moderators, do the needful to this thread - move it to front page.

Nigerians are sapped of her resources at home by South Africans who take pleasure in effecting massacre of our citizens in their homeland.
don't blame south Africa for its bussiness strategy for the failure of our government to do the right thing,DSTV first came to Nigeria I think in '93 or 1994 but was rejected by our dictatorship Gen. Sanni Abacha .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by emeka2847: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2015
Try Startimes. The only think absent is BPL. But laliga, UEFA, documentaries, music, cartoons, news are abundant.

All at 600, 1k, 2k, or 3k per month.

I watched CL last night and captured it to show guys. I am angry with DSTV cos,

1. Every year they increase charges
2. They have refused to do pay per watch like in other countries
3. They're violent court injunction not not increase price.

But it's not their fault. When our senior citizens keep violating court orders.

Sad!

#Boycott DSTV

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by megacity: 7:58am On Apr 16, 2015
Nigerians can do without DSTV. Most of the African films they show are Nigerian films. We only need a Nigerian company with enough financial strength to take premier league and champions league rights for Nigeria. Hi Tv tried to do that some years ago but unfortunately they didn't last

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by tunwumi: 8:00am On Apr 16, 2015
We have laws in Nigeria but those laws have no consequence. Until

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by geedeex2(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2015
Seconded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by bettercreature(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2015
There is no alternative,even if it's increases to 2million we have no choice ,we need Hitv to get back online before we can boycott Dstv

1 Like

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by dickoflife(m): 8:23am On Apr 16, 2015
bettercreature:
There is no alternative,even if it's increases to 2million we have no choice ,we need Hitv to get back online before we can boycott Dstv
May God not give your salvation a Choice. People like you are our problem. Am sure you are a dstv staff... I have bought startimes and smashed my dstv decoder..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by GoldCircle: 8:57am On Apr 16, 2015
I like my Nigerian brothers. Many of the people harsh tagging and calling for boycott still have their subscriptions running and their smart cards inside their decoders.

Well, I am not boycotting dstv simply because they are still the best there is. Others are far far behind and are no substitute. if you personally want to boycott them, then feel free and go ahead but I wont join such a campaign.Where are our regulatory authorities? where is Daarsat, HiTV, Montage, Consat and co? why can't they give them a run for their money? HiTV got a chance a few years ago. What happened?! it is like saying I should boycott MTN because of their exorbitant tariffs when I know they alone have the coverage I need for the tracking device on my vehicle that plies the length and breadth of Nigeria.

see, if we all hold our people accountable, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. There are so many other ways we can make our voices heard. This campaign thing IMHO is the least effective of the lot because I know my Nigerian brothers. I know them.

1 Like

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by GoldCircle: 9:01am On Apr 16, 2015
dickoflife:

May God not give your salvation a Choice. People like you are our problem. Am sure you are a dstv staff... I have bought startimes and smashed my dstv decoder..
I wish you well sir. I hope you will still share this same enthusiasm when the rains commence.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by dickoflife(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2015
GoldCircle:

I wish you well sir. I hope you will still share this same enthusiasm when the rains commence.
It has never been easy for Nigerians. Should we weather this storm it will be better for us...
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by MurderX: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2015
Read the recent twits by AKA the south african rapper where he acknowledged Nigeria's contribution in the liberation of S.A from apartheid and what we get in return is that their "white supremacists" have diverted their craving for black exploitation to Nigerians and our black south african brothers are killing Nigerians in xenophobic attacks? These south africans must be stopped and DSTV will be the first casualty, we will not be exploited in our own country. Nigerians we call on you to boycott DSTV, enough is enough.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by MzansiBeat: 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
MurderX:
Read the recent twits by AKA the south african rapper where he acknowledged Nigeria's contribution in the liberation of S.A from apartheid and what we get in return is that their "white supremacists" have diverted their craving for black exploitation to Nigerians and our black south african brothers are killing Nigerians in xenophobic attacks? These south africans must be stopped and DSTV will be the first casualty, we will not be exploited in our own country. Nigerians we call on you to boycott DSTV, enough is enough.
Foolish talk. That's making you feel better, huh? Go take your meds. DSTV is by subsc only. You don't pay, they cut off their service - isn't that simple. You want to enjoy the service for free aren't you? Don't invite other ppl to fight your evil ideas. If you can't afford it, stop it period. I'm SAcan for your info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by bakila: 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Lets do it
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by crownprince102: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
#NigeriaBoycottDSTV
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by crownprince102: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
Wetin dem no fit try for south africa, this neocolonialism must stop.

When MTN came to Nigeria, their estimated profit of 5 years was made in 6 months.

#NigeriaBoycottDSTV
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by nationwide1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
emeka2847:
Try Startimes. The only think absent is BPL. But laliga, UEFA, documentaries, music, cartoons, news are abundant.

Sad!

#Boycott DSTV
Do you mean Startimes features live La Liga and Champions League matches?
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by redsconsult(m): 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
#boycotdstv
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Geraucald(m): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
emeka2847:

Sad!

#Boycott DSTV

Check it out at
http://www.startimes.com.ng/

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!mother Of All Battles As Rivers Govt. Fixes Lg Elections May 23 / APC Zoning: Ndigbo Not Worried On Being Left Out, Says Ezeife / White Police Officer With Black Youth Is Warming Hearts Across The World (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.