Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (201328 Views)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication / Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
@johnnyessence
You are welcome sir,you can always contact me for any help in any area of agricbusiness.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2015
Double bunch sucker
The challenge about double bunch varieties is that the yield is low which is not advisable to cultivate.

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:20am On Jan 21, 2015
THE NO 1 REASON PEOPLE FAIL IN THIS PLANTAIN BUSINESS IS THAT THEY WANT TO DO IT ALONE WITHOUT THE INPUT OF A PROFESSIONAL FARMER,
I HAVE VISITED ABOUT 15 FARMS WITHIN THE LAST 2 MONTHS AND MOST PEOPLE WILL INVITE YOU AFTER THEY HAVE GOT THEIR FINGER BURNT

BEFORE YOU START YOUR FARM,WHY DONT YOU CONSULT WITH EXPERIENCE FARMERS TO HELP YOU OUT.

I HAVE SAID A LOT ON THIS THREAD BUT YOU STILL NEED PRACTICAL GUIDANCE FROM ME

MY OWN CONSULTATION IS FREE BUT YOU TAKE CARE OF THE LOGISTICS ARRANGEMENT SO CONSULT ME TODAY BEFORE YOU START THAT AGRICBUSINESS.

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
Watch out for new plantain project
You will learn from this project how to start a profitable plantain business,
i will also be given out FREE hybrid tissue cultured suckers to plantain farmers and intending farmers on this platform.
...Stay connected

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by noble007: 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
hello.we are suppliers of agro products.we can supply you 2000000mt of sesame seed,cashewnut,fresh ginger,cocoa beans,etc.call igwe 07084326961
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
noble007:
hello.we are suppliers of agro products.we can supply you 2000000mt of sesame seed,cashewnut,fresh ginger,cocoa beans,etc.call igwe 07084326961
wow,where are you based?
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:00am On Jan 22, 2015
Good morning people.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:34am On Jan 22, 2015
I will dedicate some days to addressing the challenges and risks you are to face in plantain farming business and how to mitigate it.
stay connected.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by robonski15(m): 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
I will dedicate some days to addressing the challenges and risks you are to face in plantain farming business and how to mitigate it.
stay connected.
Following Boss wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
The first challenge is the challenge of procuring a good suckers which i have explain in details in some of my thread.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
robonski15:

Following Boss wink

thanks for following sir.
God bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
robonski15:

Following Boss wink
thanks for following sir.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
One of the major mistake you can make in plantain is using the wrong suckers,the mistake is irreversible and will determine whether you will have bountiful harvest or not.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
THE NO 1 REASON PEOPLE FAIL IN THIS PLANTAIN BUSINESS IS THAT THEY WANT TO DO IT ALONE WITHOUT THE INPUT OF A PROFESSIONAL FARMER,
I HAVE VISITED ABOUT 15 FARMS WITHIN THE LAST 2 MONTHS AND MOST PEOPLE WILL INVITE YOU AFTER THEY HAVE GOT THEIR FINGER BURNT

BEFORE YOU START YOUR FARM,WHY DONT YOU CONSULT WITH EXPERIENCE FARMERS TO HELP YOU OUT.

I HAVE SAID A LOT ON THIS THREAD BUT YOU STILL NEED PRACTICAL GUIDANCE FROM ME

MY OWN CONSULTATION IS FREE BUT YOU TAKE CARE OF THE LOGISTICS ARRANGEMENT SO CONSULT ME TODAY BEFORE YOU START THAT AGRICBUSINESS.
bro well done how was farm today sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Johnnyessence:
bro well done how was farm today sir.
it was very wonderful,thank you
God bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
The main reason why the use of tissue cultured suckers is very important is that its allow use of uniform fruiting.
The thing about plantain is that it if you harvest plantain january this year january,you keep harvesting every january for the rest of the lifecycle of the farm.

If you use the normal suckers for your plantain farm,there will be no uniform fruiting meaning that you will have to harvest several times when matured which will increase your harvesting cost,transportation cost every time you harvest and overall reduce drastically your profit.
This is also what will happen for decades throughout the lifecycle of your plantain farm.

Did you see why many plantain farmers does not make profit?
Agricbusiness is profitable but you need to know the basics.

I can not overemphasizs this aspect,it is very important as any operation of your farm.

Stay connected for more information.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thank you.Mr Dennis for your call 2days ago
Your prayers,word of encouragement will take me decades far into the future to help more people create wealth,provide more opportunity through latest information in the agribusiness industry.
God bless you sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:10am On Jan 24, 2015
The second challenge is the challenge of weeding.
Weeding takes more of your time and supervision.
You can either use herbicides or manual workers for weeding.
Both has its advantages and disadvantages and which will be explain later on this thread.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
The second challenge is the challenge of weeding.
Weeding takes more of your time and supervision.
You can either use herbicides or manual workers for weeding.
Both has its advantages and disadvantages and which will be explain later on this thread.
but Mr lesgupnigeria is it advisable to use herbicides during rainy people Cos' of d heavy weeds that will be much hmmmm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2015
@johnyessence:
You apply herbicides when the weeds are not all that grown.
From my experience, you apply heebicides every 2months but with manual weeding every 3-4weeks.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
@johnyessence:
You apply herbicides when the weeds are not all that grown.
From my experience, you apply heebicides every 2months but with manual weeding every 3-4weeks.
Thks for ur reply and pls when u start d planting of d plantain early enough when rain start is it advisable enough to start applying fertilizer on it hmmmmmmm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Johnnyessence:
Thks for ur reply and pls when u start d planting of d plantain early enough when rain start is it advisable enough to start applying fertilizer on it hmmmmmmm.
you start applying fertiliser 2months after planting preferably poultry manure.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

you start applying fertiliser 2months after planting preferably poultry manure.
bro is NPK fertilizer not applicable to it niiiii hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
Johnnyessence:
bro is NPK fertilizer not applicable to it niiiii hmmmm.
NPK fertiliser is good but poultry manure is the best.
I have used the two and the difference is clear.
Plantain grow bigger when poultry manure are used than when fertiliser are used.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Eefosa1: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
I am going into plantain farming in oke odan,which I want to know your cost of sucker of hybrid tissued sucker to location,i am also interested on your free hybrid sir,i need your guide as stated.@lesgupnigeria
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
Eefosa1:
I am going into plantain farming in oke odan,which I want to know your cost of sucker of hybrid tissued sucker to location,i am also interested on your free hybrid sir,i need your guide as stated.@lesgupnigeria
ok.
you can contact me on 08164628081,07092034147 for more info.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Belexy(m): 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
Nice and interesting.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
Belexy:
Nice and interesting.
Thanks for following.
stay connected to this thread to get more.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ask more questions from experience farmers before kickstarting your business.
By doing that you gain more knowledge about the business.
Post your questions here and i will answer you immediately.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Do agric....create wealth

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2015
Good morning and Happy sunday to you.
Starting an agribusiness? Act on all the information on this thread with a little guidance from me,you are assured of flying higher than i do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.