Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,114 members, 7,828,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Islam, The West And Its Double Standard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islam, The West And Its Double Standard (3494 Views)

President Buhari's Double Standard Syndrome. By Reno Omokiri / Buhari’s Anti-graft Policy, Marred By Double-standard - PDP / If Buhari Was Igbo; The Double Standard Of The Yoruba. A Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by Kenai: 11:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Rajman45:

what would u have done. Christians mocking Christians. I don't preach violent, and what does people did is not what Islam preaches

"Christians mocking Christians"? Charlie Hebdo members are atheists, you ignorant numbskull.
For you to have even said this, it doesn't surprise me. You people are the worst savages around. When that Danish cartoon was drawn by an atheist, dumbass muslims in Kano started burning churches. You're truly the worst type of people to live with.
Pigs.
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by GBTYO: 11:26am On Jan 17, 2015
Muslim clerics the world over are justifying the killings. In Pakistan a Muslim cleric demanded that the cartoonists be hanged and there was a protest in the Pakistani parliament.

This is valid proof that Muslims sided and defended the acts of the gunmen.

'Hang the cartoonists!' Pakistani Muslims demand death sentence for Charlie Hebdo staff for committing 'worst act of terrorism' by drawing the Prophet Mohammed.

Religious group rallies in Lahore with banners: 'Down with Charlie Hebdo'.

Pakistani lawmakers pass resolution condemning image of the prophet.

Turkish PM denounces the cartoon as an 'open provocation' to Muslims.

Prosecutors probe Turkish paper that published extracts of Charlie Hebdo.

Muslims call front cover image of Prophet renewed insult to their religion
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by kay1one(m): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2015
Rajman45:

thank u very much, but is sweet thing is am much more better than u.

Homo!
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by true2god: 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Rajman45:

the Jews and Christian living in our land most surely pay tax...jizya is refer in to tax *block head*. tax are been paid back them, when a country dominant another country. Muslim dominant does countries and der became under our protection. read our history very well

Which country are you from? Please note that Islam is not a race, an ethnic group or a country?

Where is your country?
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by drumstick: 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Now you see why i will NEVER condemn what those guys did to the charlie hebdo cartoonists. The cartoonists know exactly what they are getting into, yet they went ahead, so they can go to hell for all i care. To the west, like it or not, you are not the only ones on this earth, your ways of doing things are not the only ways, your lifestyles are not the only lifestyles, the sooner you accept that others exist the better for you. And for the gullible nigerian christians lurking around the corner waiting for every slight opportunity to insult islam, no matter how much venom you spew, the Light of Allah will continue to spread unhindered. You have the freedom to draw, we have the freedom to send you hell
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by christopher123(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
kay1one:

Islamic?

Christianity
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by thorpido(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Rajman45:

the west brought the war der, because of hatred towards the people and their religion. tell them to leave our lands, the world will be a better place.
The West also caused problems between the Shiites and Sunnis?
You guys are jokers.
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by Kingspin(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
Rajman45:

The point is that, similar incidents has happen in france, the government condem it nd acted on it. Why is the muslim own always different
Do what u like but, let it not affect or threat the next person.
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by Rexyl(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
true2god:
@ OP, I think you should advise all your lazy Islamist who are migrating to the west (or have migrated to the west) to go back to their Islamic hell holes. The same muslims who are fleeing their countries, in millions, to europe wants to dictate how the host countries should feel about Islam and 'profet' mohammed. Thats ridiculous!

If muslims cant stand their prophet being ridiculed, drawn in a cartoon, offended, they should remain in muslim countries where it is a capital offense of insult islam or mohammed.
Muslims are the highest hypocrites known to mankind, they will be demanding for respect, demanding to build mosques (from where they daily cursed the christian and Jews and instigate violence) in europe and america but will not allow churches built in arab countries. Thats nonsense!

If muslims are not happy that their pedophilee profet is insulted in europe, they should leave europe and move back to morroco, somalia, pakistan, saudi arabia, sudan, yemen, qatar, libya where they are religiosly killing each others daily.

You mean Christianity/Churches are not allowed to spring up in the arab countries the way Islam/Mosques are allowed in the West and American?
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by Rexyl(m): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
GBTYO:
Muslim clerics the world over are justifying the killings. In Pakistan a Muslim cleric demanded that the cartoonists be hanged and there was a protest in the Pakistani parliament.

This is valid proof that Muslims sided and defended the acts of the gunmen.

'Hang the cartoonists!' Pakistani Muslims demand death sentence for Charlie Hebdo staff for committing 'worst act of terrorism' by drawing the Prophet Mohammed.

Religious group rallies in Lahore with banners: 'Down with Charlie Hebdo'.

Pakistani lawmakers pass resolution condemning image of the prophet.

Turkish PM denounces the cartoon as an 'open provocation' to Muslims.

Prosecutors probe Turkish paper that published extracts of Charlie Hebdo.

Muslims call front cover image of Prophet renewed insult to their religion

instead of doing all this and creating more tension globally, thus making religion look like a threat to lives of many people, I think they better leave the matter for God. If God is really involved he has the power to uphold his creation and prevent its destruction by human beings.

If they should continue reacting this way to media resources for describing someone who lived many years ago, I wonder the number of people they will be attacking at once, now that access to internet is like having a bottle of water bedside you. Children and adults are better being informed than ever before.
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by kay1one(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
christopher123:

Christianity

Confused!
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by gists: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
Well I have said this before on another thread and I will repeat it here. First I must condemn the killing just like any sane human should do. But for me, I think the problem is people always look at things from religious perspective. I can tell you categorically that there is freedom of speech everywhere in the world and whether people believe it or not there is freedom of speech in saudi, iran, indonesia just as there is freedom of speech in US, France, Russia, North Korea and of course Nigeria.

But what people fail to realise is that, although you are guaranteed your freedom of speech anywhere in the world, NOBODY CAN GUARANTY ANYBODY'S FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH. And this applies to all countries on this planet be it Saudi, Iran, US, France, India etc. People hold different things sacred. I just read on another thread that Jim Clancy of CNN was fire just because of some unguarded statement. Edward Snowden exercised his FREEDOM OF SPEECH in US and now he doesn't have his FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH. Does that make US (although secular but a largely christian nation) an intolerant country?

You are free to go to India and exercise your freedom of speech in whatever way you like and start mis-yarning or being satirical about their temple gods, but bear in mind that you may lose your freedom after speech. People should be responsible enough to respect what other humans hold sacred. People should be responsible enough to know the boundary and respect it no matter the topic - religious, politics, national security, economic etc. For some, it may be religious, for others it may be national security or something else. Know for sure you have freedom of speech, but no one can guaranty you freedom after speech anywhere in the world.
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by true2god: 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
gists:
Well I have said this before on another thread and I will repeat it here. First I must condemn the killing just like any sane human should do. But for me, I think the problem is people always look at things from religious perspective. I can tell you categorically that there is freedom of speech everywhere in the world and whether people believe it or not there is freedom of speech in saudi, iran, indonesia just as there is freedom of speech in US, France, Russia, North Korea and of course Nigeria.

But what people fail to realise is that, although you are guaranteed your freedom of speech anywhere in the world, NOBODY CAN GUARANTY ANYBODY'S FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH. And this applies to all countries on this planet be it Saudi, Iran, US, France, India etc. People hold different things sacred. I just read on another thread that Jim Clancy of CNN was fire just because of some unguarded statement. Edward Snowden exercised his FREEDOM OF SPEECH in US and now he doesn't have his FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH. Does that make US (although secular but a largely christian nation) an intolerant country?

You are free to go to India and exercise your freedom of speech in whatever way you like and start mis-yarning or being satirical about their temple gods, but bear in mind that you may lose your freedom after speech. People should be responsible enough to respect what other humans hold sacred. People should be responsible enough to know the boundary and respect it no matter the topic - religious, politics, national security, economic etc. For some, it may be religious, for others it may be national security or something else. Know for sure you have freedom of speech, but no one can guaranty you freedom after speech anywhere in the world.
Your post is only encouraging tyranny. It is never recorded in history that any satarical magazine had been attacked in europe for publishing cartoons sensitive to christian, jewish or islamic belief. Besides, most muslims in france (over 97%) are african migrants which means that europe is not their traditional home. If muslims dont want to be offended they should leave europe.

Have you researched how muslims are treating christians in arab countries? Respect is not a one-way trafick. If muslims want respect, they should start in saudi arabia where owing a bible is a criminal offense.
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by teufelein(f): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
[size=18pt]Only a DEAD MUSLIM is a GOOD MUSLIM...!!!![/size]
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by teufelein(f): 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by teufelein(f): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by erinolu(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
Rajman45:

A problem with christain is that...u only look at the order side of a story. A true muslim will never incourage fightin of any such. They are so many incident that our prophet was insulted, laugh at and many more. He never fought back and neither did his companion. A true muslim never participated in violent. Islam is peace.

Lie Lie !!!

2 Likes

Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by teufelein(f): 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
[size=13pt]In addition, once more i maintain that if you see evil happening - especially if it's in the name of your religion - and you just keep silent, you're not only being indifferent, you are aiding and abetting the terrorists and fanatics of this world.
You're part of the problem and you're a terrorist and should be killed!
[/size]
Re: Islam, The West And Its Double Standard by true2god: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
Rajman45:

A problem with christain is that...u only look at the order side of a story. A true muslim will never incourage fightin of any such. They are so many incident that our prophet was insulted, laugh at and many more. He never fought back and neither did his companion. A true muslim never participated in violent. Islam is peace.
Altaqiyya mode activated. Readers beware!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: 4yrs Old Children Joined The Free Nnamdi Kanu Protest-pics / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi And Wife After Wike's Supreme Court Win / 2019: Atiku's Potential Running-mates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.