Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Questions For All Reasonable Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For All Reasonable Christians (7061 Views)

Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Questions For All Reasonable Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 10:19am On Jan 17, 2015
THIS THREAD IS OPEN TO EDUCATE ONE ANOTHER NOT ABUSE ANY RELIGION

A QUESTION WILL BE POSTED AND WE WILL BE EXPECTING A GOOD ANSWER WITH EVIDENCES BEFORE WE PROCEED TO ANOTHER QUESTION

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T ABUSE ANYBODY HERE

Q

DID JESUS REALLY DIED?

DID GOD ACCEPT JESUS PRAYER ?

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Feranmicharles(m): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2015
Jesus death isn't new any more,he didn't DIE,He died okay?

Be a good student nxt time cheesy
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Jesus death isn't new any more,he didn't DIE,He died okay?

Be a good student nxt time cheesy

IF YOU AGREE HE DIED THAT MEANS GOD DOSE NOT ANSWER IS PRAYER ?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Firmjudge(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
He died and its a historical event not just a made up stuff...

And what prayer are you talking about as per your second question. Be more specific..?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Firmjudge:
He died and its a historical event not just a made up stuff...

And what prayer are you talking about as per your second question. Be more specific..?

Hebrews 5:7English Standard Version (ESV)

7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus[a] offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

If is prayer was answers that means he did not died
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by iamtewwy(m): 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
lol he did not die! he died only in d brain off the brainwashed christians cheesy
ok lets assume he truely exist!! he died because he knows d imaginary fat sky daddy wont abandon him in the grave!! lol grin
hollywood script acters cheesy
nigerian pastors b like! JESUS suffered and die for your sins! mstchewwww na me send am work? grin #thrash

1 Like

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by bolaji3071(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

IF YOU AGREE HE DIED THAT MEANS GOD DOSE NOT ANSWER IS PRAYER ?
jesus Christ was sent by God to die for our sin, that is Jesus Christ died after completing his mission... If he hadn't died he wouldn't have she'd bloods, and if he doesn't she'd bloods how do u expect us to be forgiven? Besides God had d power to let him live. So God answered jesus Christ prayer.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Firmjudge(m): 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus[a] offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears,to him who was able to save him from death and he was heard because of his reverence.

Oga Where did he say Jesus did not die everywhere in th Bible even in this book of hebrews infer Jesus Died Stop PUTTING words into the bible.

[b]Jesus did die and was saved from death {{SAVED FROM DEATH JUST AS REQUESTED}} by being raised from the dead – the resurrection from death[/b].
When one reads the entire book of Hebrews cover to cover you will see that its holds this position of this interpretation .

If we can demonstrate that the context of the book of Hebrews is that Jesus died for our sins as a sacrifice then we have to understand Hebrews 5:7 as Jesus dying and then being saved from death by rising from the dead – the way Christians have always believed.

Clearly Jesus was answered in his prayers he knew what will befall him no wonder he said if it is your will father Please let this cup pass me by.
But it was the will of the Father that Jesus should Die and then being saved from death.
Please show me where it said JESUS DID NOT DIE.

Look what i have for you from the bible book of hebrew that you qouted..
you see it supports what i wrote above.

But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor[b]because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.[/b] For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.” “Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, [b]that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,[/b] and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham. Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. (Hebrews 2:9-10, 14-17)

You cant argue Jesus did not die it is a Historical event.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by enilove(m): 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
[quote author=tola9ja post=29877611]

7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus[a] offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

What was the question ,if I may ask?
The verse you quoted above was referring to a request of Jesus in :

*[[Mat 26:39]] ISV* Going on a little farther, he fell on his face and prayed, “O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me. Yet not what I want but what you want.”

The prayer was "IF IT IS POSSIBLE ,LET ME NOT DIE. BUT FATHER, DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND PERFECT, ACCORDING TO YOUR WILL.
And God answered his prayer by doing His will to bring to pass the purpose for which Jesus came to the world. Which was to die for our sins.

In summary Jesus prayer was answered because it was part of his prayer that "God's will should be done".
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
iamtewwy:
lol he did not die! he died only in d brain off the brainwashed christians cheesy
ok lets assume he truely exist!! he died because he knows d imaginary fat sky daddy wont abandon him in the grave!! lol grin
hollywood script acters cheesy
nigerian pastors b like! JESUS suffered and die for your sins! mstchewwww na me send am work? grin #thrash

we dont allow abusive words here please

1 Like

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by iamtewwy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

we dont allow abusive words here please

pls list my abusive words there
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
[quote author=bolaji3071 post=29879130]
jesus Christ was sent by God to die for our sin
any evidence for that,

that is Jesus Christ died after completing his mission... If he hadn't died he wouldn't have she'd bloods, and if he doesn't she'd bloods how do u expect us to be forgiven? Besides God had d power to let him live
Deuteronomy 24:16English Standard Version (ESV)

16 “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin

So God answered jesus Christ prayer.
that means he dose not die
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
iamtewwy:

pls list my abusive words there
brainwashed
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Rilwon: 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
bolaji3071:
jesus Christ was sent by God to die for our sin, that is Jesus Christ died after completing his mission... If he hadn't died he wouldn't have she'd bloods, and if he doesn't she'd bloods how do u expect us to be forgiven? Besides God had d power to let him live. So God answered jesus Christ prayer.

The very fact that sin remains and flourishes in the world, 2000+ years after Christ supposedly "conquered" sin on the cross, is more than enough for the non-deluded to see that the judicial execution of that one man is perfectly meaningless in terms of redeeming the spiritual state of mankind as a race.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:
malvisguy212,PASTORKUN ANSWER THE QUESTION
you don't understand the nature of God, your mind can't comprehend it, to you it's foolishness.

Jesus has two nature;
1.the word of God that was made flash. (john1:14) in other word Jesus has a flash nature.
2.the. Spirit of God.( Luke4:18 and isaiah 61:1)even the quran proves my points, Jesus the spirit of God.

When Jesus cried, he was in the nature of the flash, spirit don't feel pain, so yes, God did not answer the prayer of Jesus because he prayed when he was indwelling in the flash.

Bible say he became sinner so that we would became righteous, he became a caused and free us from the nature of sin.

1 Like

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

brainwashed
there are evidence in the quran that prove Jesus died.

If Jesus did not died, do you also believe john the baptist did not died?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
you don't understand the nature of God, your mind can't comprehend it, to you it's foolishness.

Jesus has two nature;
1.the word of God that was made flash. (john1:14) in other word Jesus has a flash nature.
2.the. Spirit of God.( Luke4:18 and isaiah 61:1)even the quran proves my points, Jesus the spirit of God.

When Jesus cried, he was in the nature of the flash, spirit don't feel pain, so yes, God did not answer the prayer of Jesus because he prayed when he was indwelling in the flash.

Bible say he became sinner so that we would became righteous, he became a caused and free us from the nature of sin.

god bless you but why did some christians believe jesus is lord/god
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
there are evidence in the quran that prove Jesus died.

If Jesus did not died, do you also believe john the baptist did not died?

...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God." They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Qur'an, 4:157)
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

god bless you but why did some christians believe jesus is lord/god
have you ever seen a demon possessed person? the person has two nature,demon and flash.

Jesus is God,, GOD HIMSELF POSSESSED A WHITE/BLACK SKIN FLASH DWELL AMONG US. when Jesus prayed it is the flash nature that prayed.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God." They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Qur'an, 4:157)

did john the baptist died?
Surah 3;55
God said, “O Jesus, I shall cause you
to die and will raise you up to Me
and shall clear you [of the calumnies]
of the disbelievers, and shall place
those who follow you above those
who deny the truth, until the Day of
Judgement.” (W. Khan)

This verse emphasizes that Allah caused
Jesus to die before he was raised to
heaven. But more importantly, this verse shows that the death and ascension of Jesus occurred before the “Day of Judgement.”

Jesus had the following conversation with Allah in heaven After he died
Surah 5:177
I was a witness to what they did as
long as I remained among them, and
when You did cause me to DIE, You
were the watcher over them. You are
the witness of all things. (W. Khan)
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
have you ever seen a demon possessed person? the person has two nature,demon and flash.

Jesus is God,, GOD HIMSELF POSSESSED A WHITE/BLACK SKIN FLASH DWELL AMONG US. when Jesus prayed it is the flash nature that prayed.

YOUR DOCTRINE OPPOSE WHAT INSIDE THE BIBLE

Numbers 23:19King James Version (KJV)

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

JESUS WAS BORN YES

Job 25:4King James Version (KJV)

4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

BUT HE SAID HIS FATHER IS GRATER THAN HIM THAT MEANS HE REFER TO SOMEONE CAN HE REFER TO HIMSELF ?
he said this word because he don't want to comperd his nature(flash) and the Godly nature of His spirit.

Have you seen a demon possessed man speak? He speak as if he was talking to himself.

When God created adam and eve, he had a personal relationship with them he walk and talk to them, but when they disobeyed God, they lost everything,but because God is mercifully and loving,he promise to reconciled us back to Himself,how did he do that? He possessed the body of that man from Bethlehem,(Jesus) and dwell in his flash, (sometimes a possessed man can speak his will) so when Jesus prayed "Father, if you are willing, take this cup
from me; yet not my WILL, but yours be
done." Jesus(the flash) was talking to the Godly nature of his other side.

I know all this will be difficult for you to comprehend , you don't possessed the spirit of God because you don't believe in Jesus. Jesus say" he who believe in me can be called the son's of God"it is only the children of God can explained the true nature of God.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

YOUR DOCTRINE OPPOSE WHAT INSIDE THE BIBLE

Numbers 23:19King James Version (KJV)

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Job 25:4King James Version (KJV)

4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

Numbers 23:19 . God is not a man That he should lie;
Break his promise made to his people for their preservation and benediction.

Neither the son of man that he should
repent ;
Change his counsels or purposes, as men change theirs, either because they are not able to execute them, or because they are better informed, or their minds are changed by some unexpected occurrence, or by their
passions, none of which things have
place in God.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
Tola9ja
I notice, you don't want to answer my question, did john the baptist died?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
Numbers 23:19 . God is not a man That he should lie;
Break his promise made to his people for their preservation and benediction.

Neither the son of man that he should
repent ;
Change his counsels or purposes, as men change theirs, either because they are not able to execute them, or because they are better informed, or their minds are changed by some unexpected occurrence, or by their
passions, none of which things have
place in God.

FINAL ANSWER WE HAVE MANY QUESTION TO ASK

JESUS IS A HUMAN BEING

John 17:3-4English Standard Version (ESV)

3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.

Isaiah 42:8English Standard Version (ESV)

8 I am the Lord; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
Tola9ja
I notice, you don't want to answer my question, did john the baptist died?

YES

Hebrews 9:27English Standard Version (ESV)

27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment

Job 7:9English Standard Version (ESV)

9 As the cloud fades and vanishes,
so he who goes down to Sheol does not come up
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
NEW QUESTION

WHY DID CHRISTIANS HAVE MANY VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE AND SOME CONTAIN 66 CHAPTERS SOME 77 WHICH 1 SHOULD WE ACCEPT AS THE WORD OF GOD BETWEEN THE TWO
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

YES

27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment
wonderful, thank God you believe in the scripture.

You avoid using the quranic verse that indicated john the baptist died because the EXACTLY word john use is the same word Jesus us when prophecies his death.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

John 17:3-4English Standard Version (ESV)

3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.

Isaiah 42:8English Standard Version (ESV)

8 I am the Lord; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols.

In John 17:3, Jesus describes eternal life as knowing God. "Know" does not indicate a mere casual familiarity, but a very close relationship with God.
There are others verse that indicate God knows us.in mattew chapter 7 Jesus say"depart from me, I never KNEW you"

John 17:4
He says He had glorified the Father.
Since the Son has returned to the
Father in heaven, and the church is
formed and joined to the Son as one
organism, the church now has the
responsibility to glorify the Father.
How? By becoming one with Him just
as the Son was—by the power of
God's Spirit given to us.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
wonderful, thank God you believe in the scripture.

You avoid using the quranic verse that indicated john the baptist died because the EXACTLY word john use is the same word Jesus us when prophecies his death.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU

ANYBODY THAT DIED WILL NEVER COME AGAIN JESUS NEVER DIED

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU

do you believe in this bible passages you are quoting? I thought you will use your book which you believe to prove your point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Human Sacrifice In The Bible: Lev 27: 29 & Judges 11 / The Power Of Candle Burning! / Why Did The Crowd Choose Barabbas Over Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.