Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Questions For All Reasonable Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For All Reasonable Christians (7080 Views)

Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Questions For All Reasonable Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
In John 17:3, Jesus describes eternal life as knowing God. "Know" does not indicate a mere casual familiarity, but a very close relationship with God.
There are others verse that indicate God knows us.in mattew chapter 7 Jesus say"depart from me, I never KNEW you"

John 17:4
He says He had glorified the Father.
Since the Son has returned to the
Father in heaven, and the church is
formed and joined to the Son as one
organism, the church now has the
responsibility to glorify the Father.
How? By becoming one with Him just
as the Son was—by the power of
God's Spirit given to us.

And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God
HE IS REFERRING TO THE CREATOR OF THE WORLD
and Jesus Christ whom you have sent
JESUS IS A SERVANT THAT SERVE THE CREATOR OF THE WORLD {GOD}

. 4 I glorified you on earth, having

accomplished the work that you gave me to do.

THE CREATOR OF JESUS IS SPEAKING HERE

Isaiah 42:8English Standard Version (ESV)

8 I am the Lord; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols.

malvisguy212 NO FABRICATION LET US BE SINCERE IN THESE CONVERSATION
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
do you believe in this bible passages you are quoting? I thought you will use your book which you believe to prove your point.
WHEN YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN QURANIC VERSE THAT WHY I QUOTE FROM THE SCRIPTURE YOU BELIEVE

LET MOVE FURTHER

NEW QUESTION

WHY DID CHRISTIANS HAVE MANY VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE AND SOME CONTAIN 66 CHAPTERS SOME 77 WHICH 1 SHOULD WE ACCEPT AS THE WORD OF GOD BETWEEN THE TWO
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

3 HE IS REFERRING TO THE CREATOR OF THE WORLD
, JESUS IS A SERVANT THAT SERVE THE CREATOR OF THE WORLD {GOD}

. 4 I glorified you on earth, having

accomplished the work that you gave me to do.

THE CREATOR OF JESUS IS SPEAKING HERE

nor my praise to carved idols.

malvisguy212 NO FABRICATION LET US BE SINCERE IN THESE CONVERSATION

have you ever experience a man healed from a demon? He will start by saying"I was sent"in the old testament God sent his prophet to the people,but the people can't meet the righteousness GOD want. So God dwell in the flash,delivers the message of God.

You don't expect God to shere his glory with idols, when Jesus healed someone, the bible say "so that the glory of God will be made manifest" God don't shere glory with anybody,when Jesus healed someone, he give the glory to the Godly nature of his,not the flash.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=29887778]
have you ever experience a man healed from a demon? He will start by saying"I was sent"in the old testament God sent his prophet to the people,but the people can't meet the righteousness GOD want. So God dwell in the flash,delivers the message of God.
THESE IS WHAT U THINK IN UR OWN BRAIN BUT IS NOT LIKE THAT JESUS IS AMONG THE PROPHET GOD SENT TO PEOPLE OF ISRAELITE
MATTHEW15:22-24

You don't expect God to shere his glory with idols, when Jesus healed someone, the bible say "so that the glory of God will be made manifest" God don't shere glory with anybody,when Jesus healed someone, he give the glory to the Godly nature of his,not the flash.

NO EVIDENCE THIS IS CALLED FABRICATION THE MAJESTIC OF GOD IS GRATER THAN WHAT U THINK
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
NEW QUESTION

WHY DID CHRISTIANS HAVE MANY VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE AND SOME CONTAIN 66 CHAPTERS SOME 77 WHICH 1 SHOULD WE ACCEPT AS THE WORD OF GOD BETWEEN THE TWO
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
[quote author=tola9ja post=29888384][/quote]what do you understand by glory?
The earth is full of God glory,

John 11:4
When he heard this, Jesus said, "This
sickness will not end in death. No, it is
for God's glory so that God's Son may be
glorified through it."

Now when Isaiah 6:3 says that angels are crying: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty, the next thing they say is this: The whole earth is full of his"GLORY".and you might have expected him to say holiness. And he doesn’t say holiness. He says glory.
The glory of God is the manifest beauty of his holiness. It is the going public of his holiness. It is the way he puts his holiness on display for people to apprehend. So the glory of God
is the holiness of God made manifest.
Listen to this word from Leviticus 10:3.
God says: I will be shown to be holy
among those who are near me and
before all the people I will be glorified. I
will be shown to be holy. And among all
the people, say it another way, I will be
glorified. So to see, to apprehend and to
reckon with his holiness and in some
sense perceive it is to see glory and,
thus, to glorify him.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 11:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
tola9ja:

NEW QUESTION

ok.before answering this one, are you clear on your previous question? Are you satisfied with my answer?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
ok.before answering this one, are you clear on your previous question? Are you satisfied with my answer?

you try but i can never accept this
God sent his prophet to the people,but the people can't meet the righteousness GOD want. So God dwell in the flash,delivers the message of God

the greatest fabrication i will ever come across unless you can provide a clear scriptural evidence

nor my praise
to carved idols
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
tola9ja:

you try but i can never accept this

the greatest fabrication i will ever come across unless you can provide a clear scriptural evidence

nor my praise
to carved idols

you did not accepts my teaching,then why did you jump to next question?

The earth is full of God glory,if a prophet performed miracle,it is for the glory of God, the opposite of glory is shame, whenever a verse in the bible say "God glory to be manifests" the verse is putting satan to shame, and because it is by God name the miracle has been done , NO ONE will share the glory with God.

Isaiah42:8
The verse start like this.
I AM they Lord»» the name Jesus claimed to be (I AM) when he was arguing with the teachers of the law.

That is my name »» That is the name
which I have chosen by which to
distinguish myself from all idols, and
which I regard as appropriately
expressive of my existence and
perfections.

Will I not give my glory to other »» I will not allow it to ascribed to another; I will not allow another to assume or receive the honor which is due to me.

To another »» To any other; whether it be an idol or anything. God claims that all appropriate honors should be rendered to him.

Neither my praise »» The praise which is
due to me. He would not permit graven
images to receive the praise of having
done that which he himself had
accomplished.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
you did not accepts my teaching,then why did you jump to next question?

The earth is full of God glory,if a prophet performed miracle,it is for the glory of God, the opposite of glory is shame, whenever a verse in the bible say "God glory to be manifests" the verse is putting satan to shame, and because it is by God name the miracle has been done , NO ONE will share the glory with God.

Isaiah42:8
The verse start like this.
I AM they Lord»» the name Jesus claimed to be (I AM) when he was arguing with the teachers of the law.

That is my name »» That is the name
which I have chosen by which to
distinguish myself from all idols, and
which I regard as appropriately
expressive of my existence and
perfections.

Will I not give my glory to other »» I will not allow it to ascribed to another; I will not allow another to assume or receive the honor which is due to me.

To another »» To any other; whether it be an idol or anything. God claims that all appropriate honors should be rendered to him.

Neither my praise »» The praise which is
due to me. He would not permit graven
images to receive the praise of having
done that which he himself had
accomplished.
NO EVIDENCE FOR THIS
God sent his prophet to the people,but the people can't meet the righteousness GOD want. So God dwell in the flash,delivers the message of God

UR DOCTRINE OPPOSE WHAT IS INSIDE THE BIBLE

GOD IS NOT A MAN

JESUS IS A MAN
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by malvisguy212: 11:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
tola9ja:

NO EVIDENCE FOR THIS

UR DOCTRINE OPPOSE WHAT IS INSIDE THE BIBLE

GOD IS NOT A MAN

JESUS IS A MAN

In His Sermon on the Mount,
Jesus uttered these words: “You
therefore must be perfect, as your
heavenly Father is perfect” (Matthew
5:48). This comes at the end of the
section of the sermon where Jesus
corrects His listeners’ misunderstanding
of the Law. In Matthew 5:20, Jesus says
that, if His hearers want to enter into the kingdom of heaven, their righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees, who were the experts in the Law.

The truth of the matter is that, on our
own and by our own efforts, we can’t
possibly be perfect as our heavenly
Father is perfect. We don’t love God with
all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
We don’t love our neighbors as. ourselves. We have a problem, and it’s called sin. We are born with it, and we cannot overcome the effects of it on our own. Sin radically affects us to our core. Sin affects what we do, say, and think. In other words, it taints everything about us. Therefore, no matter how good we try to be, we will never meet God’s standard of perfection. The Bible says that all of our righteous deeds are like a “polluted garment” (Isaiah 64:6). Our own righteousness is simply not good enough and never will be, no matter how hard we try.

That’s why Jesus lived a perfect life in full obedience to the law of God in thought, word, and deed. Jesus’ mission wasn’t simply to die on the cross for our sins but also to live a life of perfect righteousness. Theologians refer to this as the “active and passive obedience of Christ.” Active obedience refers to Christ’s life of sinless perfection. Everything He did was perfect. Passive obedience refers to Christ’s submission to the crucifixion. He went willingly to the cross and allowed Himself to be crucified without resisting (Isaiah 53:7). His passive obedience pays our sin debt before God, but it is the active obedience that gives us the perfection God requires.
The apostle Paul writes, “But now the
righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who
believe” (Romans 3:21–22). Through our faith in christ,the righteousness of God is imputed in us.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
In His Sermon on the Mount,
Jesus uttered these words: “You
therefore must be perfect, as your
heavenly Father is perfect” (Matthew
5:48). This comes at the end of the
section of the sermon where Jesus
corrects His listeners’ misunderstanding
of the Law. In Matthew 5:20, Jesus says
that, if His hearers want to enter into the kingdom of heaven, their righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees, who were the experts in the Law.

The truth of the matter is that, on our
own and by our own efforts, we can’t
possibly be perfect as our heavenly
Father is perfect. We don’t love God with
all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
We don’t love our neighbors as. ourselves. We have a problem, and it’s called sin. We are born with it, and we cannot overcome the effects of it on our own. Sin radically affects us to our core. Sin affects what we do, say, and think. In other words, it taints everything about us. Therefore, no matter how good we try to be, we will never meet God’s standard of perfection. The Bible says that all of our righteous deeds are like a “polluted garment” (Isaiah 64:6). Our own righteousness is simply not good enough and never will be, no matter how hard we try.

That’s why Jesus lived a perfect life in full obedience to the law of God in thought, word, and deed. Jesus’ mission wasn’t simply to die on the cross for our sins but also to live a life of perfect righteousness. Theologians refer to this as the “active and passive obedience of Christ.” Active obedience refers to Christ’s life of sinless perfection. Everything He did was perfect. Passive obedience refers to Christ’s submission to the crucifixion. He went willingly to the cross and allowed Himself to be crucified without resisting (Isaiah 53:7). His passive obedience pays our sin debt before God, but it is the active obedience that gives us the perfection God requires.
The apostle Paul writes, “But now the
righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who
believe” (Romans 3:21–22). Through our faith in christ,the righteousness of God is imputed in us.

in all ur write up i dint see the evidence for these

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
malvisguy212

am still expecting the evidence for this

but if you cant provide evidence answer the next question
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
iamtewwy:
lol he did not die! he died only in d brain off the brainwashed christians cheesy
ok lets assume he truely exist!! he died because he knows d imaginary fat sky daddy wont abandon him in the grave!! lol grin
hollywood script acters cheesy
nigerian pastors b like! JESUS suffered and die for your sins! mstchewwww na me send am work? grin #thrash
blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. What the hell on earth are you?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Anas09: 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
LoL,clowns. What's it to u if jesus died or not? Ur quran teaches that isa dint die, but what u don't know or maybe u r suffering from selective amnesia, is that Isa is not the same character with the Jesus the son of God. Ur master satan can never believe in the divinity of jesus. U r making a fool of urself, go get a life.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Mezie01(m): 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
I came to Nl new but dis chat caught my attention faa..

How did Muhammad die plz?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by sonmvayina(m): 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
why do every christian refer to the bible? has God stopped talking to people? some of the in formations in the bible are outdated. they need to be revised and updated. with the light of the present circumstances why has nobody written about any inspired letter or Gospel telling the story with updated events. i will like to know how Jesus felt during the holocaust, the world wars and his plan for the world after September 11 and other things we need to know, we cannot not keep basing our belief on a 2000 year old storybook that we do not know who wrote, we want new information.who are those with him in heaven?etc...like me for example i want to know the real story of his passion, how many animals did he ride to Jerusalem, who carried his cross, him or Simon etc?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Mmayor(m): 8:13am On Jan 22, 2015
tola9ja:

Hebrews 5:7English Standard Version (ESV)

7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus[a] offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

If is prayer was answers that means he did not died

When you ask someone for assistance as human and he says no, does that mean He did not answer?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 2:05am On Jan 25, 2015
malvisguy212

answer thus question

why did we have many versions of the bible
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by adsonstone: 4:48am On Jan 25, 2015
tola9ja:

WHEN YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN QURANIC VERSE THAT WHY I QUOTE FROM THE SCRIPTURE YOU BELIEVE

LET MOVE FURTHER

NEW QUESTION

How do you expect your question to be answered when it is a lie in itself?

I believe you mean books, not chapters.
...and please, will you provide me a Bible with 77 books?
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 9:13am On Jan 25, 2015
adsonstone:

How do you expect your question to be answered when it is a lie in itself?

I believe you mean books, not chapters.
...and please, will you provide me a Bible with 77 books?
GOOD NEWS BIBLE FOR THE CATHOLIC CONTAIN 77 BBOKS
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by lastmessenger: 9:51am On Jan 25, 2015
tola9ja:

See the evidence that Jesus is God.

John1:1-4

1In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2From the very beginning the Word was with God. 3Through him God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without him. 4The Word was the source of life, and this life brought light to humanity. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.

Then jump to vs 15 to 18

14The Word became a human being and, full of grace and truth, lived among us. We saw his glory, the glory which he received as the Father's only Son.
15John spoke about him. He cried out, “This is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘He comes after me, but he is greater than I am, because he existed before I was born.’ ”
16Out of the fullness of his grace he has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another. 17God gave the Law through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

Please read for yourself and find the evidence that Jesus is God.
Another thing is that you are not here to get answers to your question rather you just want to tell us what you think.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by lastmessenger: 9:59am On Jan 25, 2015
tola9ja:

Another thing you have to understand is that those who read 66 and 77 books all believe in the same thing. The 66 or 77 books are all pointing to one thing and that is the righteousness of God. The 66 does not contradict the 77 books. It is all the same thing.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
lastmessenger:

Another thing you have to understand is that those who read 66 and 77 books all believe in the same thing. The 66 or 77 books are all pointing to one thing and that is the righteousness of God. The 66 does not contradict the 77 books. It is all the same thing.

you are the funniest man on earth

1 contain 66 the other contain 77 and you said they are the same

1st and 2nd Maccabees, Baruch, Tobit, Judith, The Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach (Ecclesiasticus)

some of the addition to the 66books
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
lastmessenger:

See the evidence that Jesus is God.

John1:1-4

1In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2From the very beginning the Word was with God. 3Through him God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without him. 4The Word was the source of life, and this life brought light to humanity. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.

Then jump to vs 15 to 18

14The Word became a human being and, full of grace and truth, lived among us. We saw his glory, the glory which he received as the Father's only Son.
15John spoke about him. He cried out, “This is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘He comes after me, but he is greater than I am, because he existed before I was born.’ ”
16Out of the fullness of his grace he has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another. 17God gave the Law through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

Please read for yourself and find the evidence that Jesus is God.
Another thing is that you are not here to get answers to your question rather you just want to tell us what you think.

jesus is a prophet not GOD evidence

Matthew21:11 and the crowds said this is the prophet jesus from nazareth of galilee.

Mark6:3-4 is not this the carpenter the son of mary and brother of james and joses and judas and simon and are not his sisters here with us? And they took offence at him .and jesus said to them A prophet is not without honour except in his own country and among his own kin and in his own house.

Luke24:19 and he said to them what things? And they said to him concerning jesus of na*reth who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before god and all the people

if jesus is god that means GOD sleep

Mark 4:38King James Version (KJV)

38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

if jesus is god that means GOD was circumcised grin grin grin

Luke 2:21English Standard Version (ESV)

21 And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb

if jesus is god that means GOD suck breast shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shockedgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Luke 11:27English Standard Version (ESV)
True Blessedness

27 As he [Jesus]said these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, “Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the [b]breast[/b]at which you nursed!”
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by lastmessenger: 5:36am On Jan 26, 2015
tola9ja:

jesus is a prophet not GOD evidence

Matthew21:11 and the crowds said this is the prophet jesus from nazareth of galilee.

Mark6:3-4 is not this the carpenter the son of mary and brother of james and joses and judas and simon and are not his sisters here with us? And they took offence at him .and jesus said to them A prophet is not without honour except in his own country and among his own kin and in his own house.

Luke24:19 and he said to them what things? And they said to him concerning jesus of na*reth who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before god and all the people

if jesus is god that means GOD sleep

Mark 4:38King James Version (KJV)

38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

if jesus is god that means GOD was circumcised grin grin grin

Luke 2:21English Standard Version (ESV)

21 And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb

if jesus is god that means GOD suck breast shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shockedgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Luke 11:27English Standard Version (ESV)
True Blessedness

27 As he [Jesus]said these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, “Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the [b]breast[/b]at which you nursed!”
One thing you have to understand is that God took up human form and therefore must act and behave like human and that is why Jesus( God in human form) slept, sucked his mothers bosom, went to toilet and even became hungry.
People called him a prophet, carpenters son and teacher and that is exactly what he is but the scripture which I have shown made us to inserts that he is God that took up human form and can therefore be a teacher or even a prophet.
Now look at it again
John1:18
18No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

That is it saying that the only Son who we know as Christ Jesus is the same as God.

Look at what Jesus said of himself again in and how those around him reacted John10:30-33
30The Father and I are one.
31Then the people again picked up stones to throw at him. 32Jesus said to them, “I have done many good deeds in your presence which the Father gave me to do; for which one of these do you want to stone me?”
33They replied, “We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!”

Exactly there it is for you,the people wanted to stone him because just like you they could not understand how a man can say he is God

Another scripture in john14:9

9Jesus answered, “For a long time I have been with you all; yet you do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. Why, then, do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Do you not believe, Philip, that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I have spoken to you,” Jesus said to his disciples, “do not come from me. The Father, who remains in me, does his own work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.

I think you should let those who understand the words of the scripture to teach you what the scripture means. It is not by going to the bible and picking up some random pages and screaming Jesus is not God. Jesus called himself God and at the sometimes called himself a Human and this depends mostly on the circumstance.
Most people called him a prophet because they don't understand the mysteries of a God.
Like I said earlier, you did not come to have answers and understand scriptures from those who worship Christ rather your aim is to tell us what you think.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by lastmessenger: 5:46am On Jan 26, 2015
tola9ja:

you are the funniest man on earth

1 contain 66 the other contain 77 and you said they are the same

some of the addition to the 66books

Like I said earlier the people who read the 66 and 77 books are the same people.
The difference is that Pentecostals do believe that the additional 10books are not inspired books while the Catholics are very much ok with the other 10 addition. One thing is clear and the fact is that the additional 10 does not in anyway contradict that 66 books red by Pentecostals.
Just like you have Sunnis and Shias in Islam who have some little variations so it is in Christianity.so one should not make it a big deal in Christianity.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
lastmessenger:

Like I said earlier the people who read the 66 and 77 books are the same people.
The difference is that Pentecostals do believe that the additional 10books are not inspired books while the Catholics are very much ok with the other 10 addition. One thing is clear and the fact is that the additional 10 does not in anyway contradict that 66 books red by Pentecostals.
Just like you have Sunnis and Shias in Islam who have some little variations so it is in Christianity.so one should not make it a big deal in Christianity.

Sunnis and Shias THEY BOTH USED A SINGLE QURAN BUT IN CHRISTIANITY IT IS DIFFERENT JEHOVAH WITNESS BIBLE IS DIFFERENT FROM CELESTIAL BIBLE
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=lastmessenger post=30137911]
One thing you have to understand is that God took up human form and therefore must act and behave like human and that is why Jesus( God in human form) slept, sucked his mothers bosom, went to toilet and even became hungry.
GOD COME INFORM OF HUMAN PROOF IT CHAPTER AND VERSE YOU CAN NEVER SEE IT INSIDE THE BIBLE
WORLD GREATEST FABRICATION
NUMBERS23:19
God is not man, that he should lie,
or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it?
Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

People called him a prophet, carpenters son and teacher and that is exactly what he is but the scripture which I have shown made us to inserts that he is God that took up human form and can therefore be a teacher or even a prophet.

Acts 3:13English Standard Version (ESV)

13 The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus, whom you delivered over and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release him.

Acts 3:26English Standard Version (ESV)

26 God, having raised up his[b] servant[/b], sent him to you first, to bless you by turning every one of you from your wickedness.”
Now look at it again
John1:18
18No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

Genesis 32:30King James Version (KJV)

30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved

That is it saying that the only Son who we know as Christ Jesus is the same as God.
grin grin grin grin

Look at what Jesus said of himself again in and how those around him reacted John10:30-33
30The Father and I are one.
31Then the people again picked up stones to throw at him. 32Jesus said to them, “I have done many good deeds in your presence which the Father gave me to do; for which one of these do you want to stone me?”
33They replied, “We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!”
John 14:28English Standard Version (ESV)

28 You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Exactly there it is for you,the people wanted to stone him because just like you they could not understand how a man can say he is God

Another scripture in john14:9

9Jesus answered, “For a long time I have been with you all; yet you do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. Why, then, do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Do you not believe, Philip, that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I have spoken to you,” Jesus said to his disciples, “do not come from me. The Father, who remains in me, does his own work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.

I think you should let those who understand the words of the scripture to teach you what the scripture means. It is not by going to the bible and picking up some random pages and screaming Jesus is not God. Jesus called himself God and at the sometimes called himself a Human and this depends mostly on the circumstance.
Most people called him a prophet because they don't understand the mysteries of a God.
Like I said earlier, you did not come to have answers and understand scriptures from those who worship Christ rather your aim is to tell us what you think.
The deliberate act of deviating from the truth.

A deliberately false or improbable account.

Writing in a fictional form.

1 Share

Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by tola9ja: 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ifeann saintsinner360

how old is Saul when he became king
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 08, 2015
tola9ja:

Sunnis and Shias THEY BOTH USED A SINGLE QURAN BUT IN CHRISTIANITY IT IS DIFFERENT JEHOVAH WITNESS BIBLE IS DIFFERENT FROM CELESTIAL BIBLE

now i see your reason. Ok now my only one question to you is - assume Christ never died and the bible is added... How will this stop islamic terrorist like isis boko haram from shedding blood which they base on the koran? You mention shia and sunni all using one koran, yet iran (shia) and saudi arabia(sunni) are never on the same page! We have 77 vs 66 books of the bible yet we (catholics and protestants) dont kill ourselves like the shia and sunni do! We might disagree among ourselves but we dont go all out to kill each other like you do. You see logical reasoning of twisting the bible is left between the twister and God but shedding innocent blood becos koran authorise it yet you peeps call it peaceful jihad is between sane and insane peeps which will not make it peaceful until there is a NEW KORAN! Ask president sisi of egypt.
Re: Questions For All Reasonable Christians by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 08, 2015
tola9ja:

how old is Saul when he became king

i dont know, can you inform me. Pls i want you to come and give me your views on this https://www.nairaland.com/2084386/rilwayne001-yazach-etc-think-time#29636732

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Mothering Sunday / What Gives You Joy As A Christain? / Jesus Also Preached Jihad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.