Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Jimi Agbaje 58, Is Too Old To Govern Lagos State --Fashola. How Old Is GMB? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje 58, Is Too Old To Govern Lagos State --Fashola. How Old Is GMB? (473 Views)

I’m Too Old To Be Governor – El-rufai / Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage / Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje 58, Is Too Old To Govern Lagos State --Fashola. How Old Is GMB? by kinharold(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
Governor Fashola while campaigning for the APC governorship candidate,

Mr. Ambode. According to the Governor: "...the task of governing Lagos State was daunting and needed vigour on the part of the person at the helm of affairs, RECALLING that in 2007 when he took over governance at age 44, he could count the number of grey hair on his head.

“Today, at 52, I am counting the number of black hair on my head. Akinwunmi Ambode is the man that can do it. If you put an old man there, he cannot do it. If you call him in the night, he may not pick your calls... (Tribune.com, January, 15, 2015)”

Now, is it not funny that this same Governor Fashola (SAN) who is now questioning the capability of Mr Jimi Agbaje's performance on the basis of age[b] (Jimi Agbaje is 58)[/b] has been going around campaigning for the APC Presidential flag-bearer, General Buhari who is 72 years old already. This position is not only paradoxical in nature as some have described it, it is also ludicrous in my humble opinion.

What Governor Fashola is indirectly saying is this: A man of 72 is strong and vibrant enough to oversee the whole of Nigeria, even if that man is already manifesting the basic signs of old-age...like forgetting the correct names of his running mate that he sees daily and talks to daily...but a man of Jimi Agbaje's physical stamina at 58 years is considered too old to lead a single state like Lagos state. While this postulation by Governor Fashola might make a great headline in the world of "political flip-flopping," let me also add that what Governor Fashola has inevitably conveyed to Nigerians is that he really does not believe in General Buhari's capacity to function at an optimal frequency.

Hypocrisy or what do you call this?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Leadership-Platform/167579090079892

(1) (Reply)

Reveled:buhari Bemon Lagos-ibadan Express Rd Contract / Will Buhari Scrap Jamb? / Pvc Collection. People Tell Their Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.