Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. (4217 Views)

One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape / Governor Ambode Is Fulfilling His Campaign Promises - PDP / Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Toks2008(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode is corrupt and unfit to govern Lagos?

I would like you all to read carefully to get the real facts before you judge for yourself but before I delve on the several corrupt practices I would like us to get a brief information about the man Ambode Akinwunmi

Ambode was born June 14, 1963 at the Epe General Hospital, Epe, Lagos, as the sixth of ten children. Ambode began his education at St. Jude’s Primary School, Ebutte Meta, Lagos, Nigeria in 1969. In 1974, while still in Primary 5, he sat for the National Common Entrance Examinations and was admitted to Federal Government College, Warri in the same year.

Ambode later spent 7 years in Warri, where he completed his Ordinary and Advanced Levels and had the distinction of achieving the second best result in all of West Africa in the Higher School Certificate Examinations in 1981.

He graduated from the University of Lagos with honors at a very young age of 21 in 1984, became a chartered accountant at the age of 24 and had completed his Masters Degree programme in Accounting, specializing in Financial Management. after which he joined the Lagos civil service and meritoriously served for 27years reaching the peak of his career by becoming a permanent secretary at the record breaking age of 37.

During his service in the state he had worked in various departments as well as different local government councils In 1998, Ambode was awarded the US Fulbright Scholarship for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program, in Boston University, Massachusetts, USA. His Fellowship Year was spent studying Public Leadership with emphasis on Finance and Accounting.

During this programme Ambode had professional internships at The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, the Cabinet Office of Administration and Finance (Governor’s Office), City of Boston Treasury Office as well as with the World Bank and IMF.

On his return from the programme, Ambode became acting AuditorGeneral for Local Government. This position was confirmed by the State House of Assembly in 2001 and in January 2005, Ambode was redeployed to mainstream public service as the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Finance.

By February 2006, Ambode was given the added responsibility ofaccountant general for Lagos State, in charge of all the financial activities of the state and directly responsible for over 1400 accountants in the state service

After 27 years in the civil service, Ambode voluntarily retired in August 2012. He founded Brandsmiths Consulting Limited to provide Public Finance and Management Consulting services to government at all levels, its parastatals and agencies. Brandsmiths, in collaboration withPrice Waterhouse Coopers, has trained government accountants and finance personnel to prepare them for the cut-over to the International Public Sector Accounting System (IPSAS) which is to become effective in 2015.

CORRUPTION ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM.

1.The diversion of civil servants allowances and bonuses; the diversion of monies meant
for the failed ENRON electrification project.

2. The diversion of 65% of funds approved for sports festival; diversion of LG funds released by President Obasanjo and Yaradua.

3. Collection of N9Billion from LASU grants; stealing from the roads and bridges purportedly constructed.

4. Diversion of funds in the abandoned light rail project; diversion of funds in the Lekki Free Trade Zone project;

5. Collection of the profits realizable in the BRT/LAGBUS project;

6. Conversion of the Capital and Profits in the then ECONET wireless shares; stealing of monies meant for Pensions.

7. Also, diversion of funds in the pool of the Lagos State Security trust
Fund;

8. Conversion of two Helicopter Choppers now in Niger Delta region;

9. Stealing of lagos Yacht;

10. Collection of international loans using LASG as front and many more.

These are the allegations leveled against him by PDP but the question is “CAN PDP SUBSTANTIATE THESE CLAIMS?”

We have just crossed a hurdle of similar baseless accusations concerning the president elect and I keep wondering if PDP will ever get it right.

We are more concerned with campaigns detailing what you plan to offer the electorates and not baseless and unfounded accusations that at the end will always work against them.

For now we have no cogent reason to vote out APC in Lagos and until we have one,we will not experiment with PDP that failed us in the national level for 16years and come April 11th, we will vote en-mass for continuity, we will vote for vivid and proven track record and we will vote for result oriented and focused team to move lagos to greater heights.

WE WILL VOTE FOR AKINWUNMI AMBODE…
WE WILL VOTE FOR APC.

17 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by WisdomFlakes: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lagos has been in the opposition camp since the advent of the fourth republic and has consequently suffered neglect from the Federal gov't ruling party. Now that APC is the de facto ruling party you now want Lagos to go back into opposition? Ko Jo! JK is DOA.

11 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by adeoladrg(m): 4:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Vote for competence. Forget campaign strategies. Vote for Jaykay.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Freelancer00(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
At first, i was like WTF until i finished reading. Ambode is the best candidate for that post. JK has nothing on him. Someone told me once 'JK knows how to run a private business better than Ambode'. I was like 'does Lagos look like a private busness?. Ambode served for 27 years in the public service and what we need is PUBLIC SERVICE not PRIVATE SERVICE.

PS: We get personal beef but its all politics grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Toks2008(m): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Lagos has been in the opposition camp since the advent of the fourth republic and has consequently suffered neglect from the Federal gov't ruling party. Now that APC is the de facto ruling party you now want Lagos to go back into opposition? Ko Jo! JK is DOA.

Intelligent point.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by easytouch030: 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
if is d only jk to vote for, I w rather stay indoor and continue watching channels TV, cause I discovered he has nothing tangible to offer us.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
This was how u started ds defamatory messages abt buhari, and it only makes people stronger knowing u were just cheap lie peddlers. Won't u shut up now before u destroy agbaje like u finished jona?
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Toks2008(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
easytouch030:
if is d only jk to vote for, I w rather stay indoor and continue watching channels TV, cause I discovered he has nothing tangible to offer us.

That is my point. Lets leave sentiments aside, Agbaje has no vivid plan for Lagos compared to a man who have served lagos for solid 27years

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by tatosh: 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Dear Lagosians, now that we have taken out the trash at the Federal Level, let us not dump the trash at our own doorstep Lagos. I can assure you that we will regret it.
Four years at this time of our democracy is not a time to toy with

Vote Ambode!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by talktoUTI: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
This pdp tho, whats the proof
Am sure they are looking for t as they were looking for buharis result
Toks2008:

I would like you all to read carefully to get the real facts before you judge for yourself but before I delve on the several corrupt practices I would like us to get a brief information about the man Ambode Akinwunmi

Ambode was born June 14, 1963 at the Epe General Hospital, Epe, Lagos, as the sixth of ten children. Ambode began his education at St. Jude’s Primary School, Ebutte Meta, Lagos, Nigeria in 1969. In 1974, while still in Primary 5, he sat for the National Common Entrance Examinations and was admitted to Federal Government College, Warri in the same year.

Ambode later spent 7 years in Warri, where he completed his Ordinary and Advanced Levels and had the distinction of achieving the second best result in all of West Africa in the Higher School Certificate Examinations in 1981.

He graduated from the University of Lagos with honors at a very young age of 21 in 1984, became a chartered accountant at the age of 24 and had completed his Masters Degree programme in Accounting, specializing in Financial Management. after which he joined the Lagos civil service and meritoriously served for 27years reaching the peak of his career by becoming a permanent secretary at the record breaking age of 37.

During his service in the state he had worked in various departments as well as different local government councils In 1998, Ambode was awarded the US Fulbright Scholarship for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program, in Boston University, Massachusetts, USA. His Fellowship Year was spent studying Public Leadership with emphasis on Finance and Accounting.

During this programme Ambode had professional internships at The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, the Cabinet Office of Administration and Finance (Governor’s Office), City of Boston Treasury Office as well as with the World Bank and IMF.

On his return from the programme, Ambode became acting AuditorGeneral for Local Government. This position was confirmed by the State House of Assembly in 2001 and in January 2005, Ambode was redeployed to mainstream public service as the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Finance.

By February 2006, Ambode was given the added responsibility ofaccountant general for Lagos State, in charge of all the financial activities of the state and directly responsible for over 1400 accountants in the state service

After 27 years in the civil service, Ambode voluntarily retired in August 2012. He founded Brandsmiths Consulting Limited to provide Public Finance and Management Consulting services to government at all levels, its parastatals and agencies. Brandsmiths, in collaboration withPrice Waterhouse Coopers, has trained government accountants and finance personnel to prepare them for the cut-over to the International Public Sector Accounting System (IPSAS) which is to become effective in 2015.

1.The diversion of civil servants allowances and bonuses; the diversion of monies meant

2. The diversion of 65% of funds approved for sports festival; diversion of LG funds released by President Obasanjo and Yaradua.

3. Collection of N9Billion from LASU grants; stealing from the roads and bridges purportedly constructed.

4. Diversion of funds in the abandoned light rail project; diversion of funds in the Lekki Free Trade Zone project;

6. Conversion of the Capital and Profits in the then ECONET wireless shares; stealing of monies meant for Pensions.

Fund;

These are the allegations leveled against him by PDP but the question is “CAN PDP SUBSTANTIATE THESE CLAIMS?”

We have just crossed a hurdle of similar baseless accusations concerning the president elect and I keep wondering if PDP will ever get it right.

We are more concerned with campaigns detailing what you plan to offer the electorates and not baseless and unfounded accusations that at the end will always work against them.

For now we have no cogent reason to vote out APC in Lagos and until we have one,we will not experiment with PDP that failed us in the national level for 16years and come April 11th, we will vote en-mass for continuity, we will vote for vivid and proven track record and we will vote for result oriented and focused team to move lagos to greater heights.

WE WILL VOTE FOR APC.

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Tzmilez: 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sometimes I just can't tell how stupid some people are. Fayose said Buhari can't win, and he was the first to congratulate; if you have been paid to spoil the name of a good man you better return the money, All you're trying to say is people should not vote APC, yet you can't compare lagos to your state its 50years backward in terms of development, just watch what you say because me I'm voting Ambode and there's nothing you can do about it; if you like write 1000 lies here on Nairaland it will not stop me from voting for ambode.

Sai Buhari
Sai Ambode
#Ambode2015 !!!!! Apc all the way !!!

6 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Freelancer00(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
Toks2008:

That is my point. Lets leave sentiments aside, Agbaje has no vivid plan for Lagos compared to a man who have served lagos for solid 27years
You sir have said it all

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Clerverly: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
This was how u started ds defamatory messages abt buhari, and it only makes people stronger knowing u were just cheap lie peddlers. Won't u shut up now before u destroy agbaje like u finished jona?

Hope you read the article?
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by talktoUTI: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
all these measures taken by pdp tho,,, whatever they do they are not fit to rule lagos
jK out AMBODE IN
Toks2008:

Toks2008:

Fund;

WE WILL VOTE FOR APC.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by itzKonani: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ambode's Plan is Clear, Ambode is the only man for now who can rule lagos with wisdom. I don't think any opponent can do that.we need That continuity for lagos we need ambode

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by talktoUTI: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
true talk o
Freelancer00:
You sir have said it all

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by talktoUTI: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
Wake to reality famm,, jk is only suck Lagos dry
adeoladrg:
Vote for competence. Forget campaign strategies. Vote for Jaykay.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Clerverly: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
@Op No need to worry, even Agbaje knows that, with the emergence of General Buhari of APC, his ambition of governing Lagos State is all over! The man is Just Kidding!

4 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Charlotte15: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
I will even mobilise for him. Ambode is the next governor of Lagos by the mighty grace of God. Lagos will not be an opposition with the centre. APC up and down.

Ambode we know.
Ambode all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Toks2008(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
Clerverly:

Hope you read the article?

Leave him. People like them are everywhere,jumping to conclusion without reading.Olodo

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Toks2008(m): 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
Tzmilez:
Sometimes I just can't tell how stupid some people are. Fayose said Buhari can't win, and he was the first to congratulate; if you have been paid to spoil the name of a good man you better return the money, All you're trying to say is people should not vote APC, yet you can't compare lagos to your state its 50years backward in terms of development, just watch what you say because me I'm voting Ambode and there's nothing you can do about it; if you like write 1000 lies here on Nairaland it will not stop me from voting for ambode.

Sai Buhari
Sai Ambode
#Ambode2015 !!!!! Apc all the way !!!

Are you from Benin rep or Togo that you cant comprehend? please learn to read before making beer parlor comments.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by luknice: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
This article have no ground... we lagosian are proud of APC principle.. #ambode is the man... all this are political abracadabra

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by foliks(f): 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hmn
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by ultimatum: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fellow Nigerians and Lagosians in particular,

We cannot tell lies to ourselves, we do not only need a competent man, we need someone with a wealth of experience and knowledge about governance. Agbaje is only second to Ambode give this criteria.

The allegations by the opposition are only normal, we as Lagosians are to ask ourselves the following :

1. Are you unhappy with Fashola's performance?
2. Do you want this path of excellence which Lagos is known for to stop?
3. Is Agbaje tested, tried and trusted?
4. Can you afford to experiment with a state as crucial as Lagos.

Fellow Lagosians, let's put all these into consideration.

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by thimothypaul: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Corrup? Who said that?? The Ambode we know is a the one with a good leading technique, he carries everyone along and that's why we want him to rule lagos State....because we all want progress and continuity in our good state, please lagosians don't be decieved and don't sell your vote for nobody... Peace!!!!!!!

Eko o ni baje ooo!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by Toks2008(m): 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
luknice:
This article have no ground... we lagosian are proud of APC principle.. #ambode is the man... all this are political abracadabra

You mean to say the accusations have no ground but you need to seee how gullible people can buy into unsubstanciated accusations with so much veracity. Some even say he was sacked.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by thimothypaul: 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
The AKINWUNMI AMBODE WE KNOW is not corrupt, he wants the best for lagos so go out people on the April 11th, 2015 and vote for AKINWUNMI AMBODE as the governor of lagos state.

Eko o ni baje oooo!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by obas01(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Logosian are now wise wthout frivoloty we no d best candidate for d job JK okay.
Check my post I strongly appose PDP and support APC at the presidential level ...
But best governir to ever come on board will b JIMI let pls support his effort and ambition EKo o ni baje ooo
Don't let Ambrose spoil out Lagos .
Lagos for all.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by obas01(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
I
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by shewenzy: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
Unfit ke? AKINWUNMI AMBODE is even the fittest for this post if we all want progress in lagos state, let's not sell our votes to cheep chats, let's conclude we want continuity and who can give us this continuity??v That's the big question and I can boldly say the continuity we all want is here which is AKINWUNMI AMBODE, all we just need to do is go out there on the 11th of April, 2015 and vote #Ambode

#sayAmbode
#sayprogress

Eko o ni baje ooo!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by dharblue: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
No competition in Lagos We all know it's #Ambo2015

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. by itzKonani: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
obas01:
Logosian are now wise wthout frivoloty we no d best candidate for d job JK okay.
Check my post I strongly appose PDP and support APC at the presidential level ...
But best governir to ever come on board will b JIMI let pls support his effort and ambition EKo o ni baje ooo
Don't let Ambrose spoil out Lagos .
Lagos for all.
APC has been doing Good For Lagos, and we want that Good to continue. Ambode is actually the right man for lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari To Host West African Leaders In Abuja Today / 120 Countries To Celebrate May 30th Biafra Heroes Day- Ipob / Ipob trends no 1 as Nigerians React to the Launch of Security Outfit (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.