Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven (1025 Views)

"Pastor Prays For Recharge Cards From Heaven Into His Members Phones". Photo / Is She A Satanic Agent? See The Busty And Bra -less Model Who Came To Meet Pope / Boy Who ‘came Back From Heaven’ Admits Story Was A Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven by Weah96: 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
We've all heard it. Someone in a coma goes to heaven or hell and comes back to share the exact same information that we ALREADY have.

Well, this boy, now 16, says that his whole story was made up.

[b]Nearly five years after it hit best-seller lists, a book that purported to be a 6-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after being injured in a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

The book's publisher, Tyndale House, had promoted it as "a supernatural encounter that will give you new insights on Heaven, angels, and hearing the voice of God."

But Thursday, Tyndale House confirmed to NPR that it is taking "the book and all ancillary products out of print."

The decision to pull the book comes after Alex Malarkey wrote an open letter to retailer LifeWay and others who sell Christian books and religious materials. It was published this week on the Pulpit and Pen website.

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

He concluded, "Those who market these materials must be called to repent and hold the Bible as enough."

Here are a few key background details of the story: Alex Malarkey was paralyzed at the age of 6 when he was in a car wreck. He then spent two months in a coma. He's now a teenager. The book lists him as a co-author along with his father, Kevin Malarkey.

Calling the book a "spiritual memoir," The Washington Post notes that it "became part of a popular genre of 'heavenly tourism,' which has been controversial among orthodox Christians.[/b]"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/01/15/377589757/boy-says-he-didn-t-go-to-heaven-publisher-says-it-will-pull-book

1 Like

Re: The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven by lepasharon(f): 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
LOL is all i'll say
Re: The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven by hopefulLandlord: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
fraud, that's what they all are

it doesn't take a genius to know that since none of them seem to have visited the same heaven or hell

there's always differences between the heaven each person visits

(1) (Reply)

Undercover Polytheism / Funny Names Of Church By Emmanuel Okwori / Can Any Christain Tell, Why We Should Believe Paul's Word In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.