Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming (1460 Views)

PHP Browserbox 5.0 Is Out With Its Own Website / Kivy Vs Android Studio Which Is The Best For Android App Development? / Fingerprint App (4-4-2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming by Borwe: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
So I just recently started programming for android 5.0 and wow, it's so different from programming for 4.4.x or under. There are now two new projects created on creating first project, I don't even know what that second auto generated one is for. There is more change. Using eclipse by the way. Now almost starting to see Android going down hill unless they change their new programming tructure or stop forcing people to go for the anrdoi studio because most of us already depend on eclipse and don't ind it necessary to change. COMMENTS!!
Re: Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming by nollyj: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Borwe:
So I just recently started programming for android 5.0 and wow, it's so different from programming for 4.4.x or under. There are now two new projects created on creating first project, I don't even know what that second auto generated one is for. There is more change. Using eclipse by the way. Now almost starting to see Android going down hill unless they change their new programming tructure or stop forcing people to go for the anrdoi studio because most of us already depend on eclipse and don't ind it necessary to change. COMMENTS!!

Eclipse is no longer updated/supported. So the earlier you switch to Android Studio the better for you. I feel the same since I haven't used any other IDE for android development apart from Eclipse. Now I have started using Android Studio. One thing I notice is that it make life easy because it can generate many code snippets for a particular feature for you. By the time I finish one or two projects I will become a lot familiar with it.

I will also suggest you look into Material Design. Now it is backward compatible to android 4.
Re: Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming by Borwe: 7:33am On Jan 18, 2015
nollyj:

Eclipse is no longer updated/supported. So the earlier you switch to Android Studio the better for you. I feel the same since I haven't used any other IDE for android development apart from Eclipse. Now I have started using Android Studio. One thing I notice is that it make life easy because it can generate many code snippets for a particular feature for you. By the time I finish one or two projects I will become a lot familiar with it.

I will also suggest you look into Material Design. Now it is backward compatible to android 4.

Even gingerbread?
Re: Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming by promise46(m): 10:07am On Jan 18, 2015
Borwe:
please i also want to start android app development please where can i download the android studio
i don't have any previous knowledge on programming please
what are the requirements?
Thank you
Re: Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming by Kennyinusa(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2015
promise46:

please i also want to start android app development please where can i download the android studio
i don't have any previous knowledge on programming please
what are the requirements?
Thank you

Google is your friend
Re: Android 5.0+ Vs Android 4.4.x- Programming by candylips(m): 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Borwe:

Only difference i see is material design principles and the new animation framework for activities and maybe google play services..

I will advice Android studio. You can easily import an eclipse project into android studio and it will create the dir structure and gradle files for you automatically.

(1) (Reply)

How To Go For Building An Android App For A Wordpress Blog? / Buy A Top Level .com Domain Name, Ssl Support And Host For N5,000 (per Year) / Android Creation And Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.