Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80203 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
elantraceey:

In just a year?

You people are making marriage look so easy o embarassed

Any relationship more than 2 yrs , with kurukere road. Run for your life

6 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
Carefree - where did you meet your spouse.
Tpiah - why did you meet your spouse.

grin cheesy
Now I'm going to bed

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin cheesy
Now I'm going to bed

angry angry angry

You aren't serious.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

Any relationship more than 2 yrs , with kurukere road. Run for your life

sad sad

I preferred long relationships o
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
elantraceey:

sad sad

Like 7yrs kind of.
Wetin I wan come do for the honey moon again cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by TV01(m): 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
moca:

Abeg TV01, come and finish what u started cheesy
I'm interested kiss

Moca, notin' to report o jare!

After being introduced to almost all the eligible women in the Pentecostal - and Nigerian community circles - London and SE UK (reesh Ireland sef) with nothing forthcoming - I was beginning to wonder? Different, different types of excuse; too short, too dark, scrawny, not in IT, drives small car, no property doesn't dress well, eats salad etc. etc.

As if finishing me wasn't enough, there were also questions about my family and lineage. "Is he not so and so's grandson", "wait 0, isn't he related to so and so"? Then one didn't actually make any complaint, just burst out laughing - I was in absolute despair - was marriage really meant for me or I for marriage?

All my mates were long since married and I was in that situation were even most of my younger ones were married. I know what it's like when they call you "uncle" with the silent "useless" before it. I was always the first call when someone was doing intro or naming. Afterall, "what is he doing"?

We thank God for technological advances grin

TV

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
TV01:

After being introduced to almost all the eligible women in the Pentecostal - and Nigerian community circles - London and SE UK (reesh Ireland sef) with nothing forthcoming - I was beginning to wonder? Different, different types of excuse; too short, too dark, scrawny, not in IT, drives small car, no property doesn't dress well, eats salad etc. etc.

As if finishing me wasn't enough, there were also questions about my family and lineage. "Is he not so and so's grandson", "wait 0, isn't he related to so and so"? Then one didn't actually make any complaint, just burst out laughing - I was in absolute despair - was marriage really meant for me or I for marriage?

All my mates were long since married and I was in that situation were even most of my younger ones were married. I know what it's like when they call you "uncle" with the silent "useless" before it. I was always the first call when someone was doing intro or naming. Afterall, "what is he doing?

TV
Yeso!
Thanks for sharing. Unless u don't want to, I believe everybody has a spouse waiting somewhere.
Sometimes, it looks like a fairy tale but that's d plain truth

May ur union continue to blossom! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
elantraceey:

sad sad

It's only few that stand d test of time
By then most gals are disadvantaged(u know what I mean)

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

Like 7yrs kind of.
Wetin I wan come do for the honey moon again cheesy

No na ,7yrs too much na , like 3-4

The special side go still dey na grin grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
moca:

It's only few that stand d test of time
By then most gals are disadvantaged(u know what I mean)

That's true o but both short and long has it's advantages and disadvantages.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
TV01:

All my mates were long since married and I was in that situation were even most of my younger ones were married. I know what it's like when they call you "uncle" with the silent "useless" before it. I was always the first call when someone was doing intro or naming. Afterall, "what is he doing?

TV

ROFL

TV, you cracked me up. smiley smiley smiley

Just to be sure, did you complain that the girls eat salad or did they complain? grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin cheesy
Now I'm going to bed

grin grin grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
elantraceey:

No na ,7yrs too much na , like 3-4

The special side go still dey na grin grin

Even that one's still quite long.

If the man and woman know what they want, then why wait beyond a year? Or two maximum? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hazardd:

your story is not interesting jor

This had me in stitches!!! gringrin

That's some brutally honest tone man.

I actually didn't understand her story at all and I was going to say something close to what you said but I didn't want to rain on anybody's parade, besides, this thread has a very warm, gentle feel and I didn't want to spoil that

@OP

Verg nice thread.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
elantraceey:

That's true o but both short and long has it's advantages and disadvantages.

You are right. wink

Besides, no need to rush. Each couple has their own time.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
InZA:

This had me in stitches!!! gringrin

That's some brutally honest tone man.

I actually didn't understand her story at all and I was going to say something close to what you said but I didn't want to rain on anybody's parade, besides, this thread has a very warm, gentle feel and I didn't want to spoil that

@OP

Verg nice thread.

You did the right thing first and then spoilt it. tongue grin

11 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You did the right thing first and then spoilt it. tongue grin

I know right grin

I couldn't help it.

Sorry embarassed
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
InZA:

I know right grin

I couldn't help it.

Sorry embarassed

It's ok. smiley

Have you got a story to tell? cheesy
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by edwife(f): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
TV01:

TV

grin grin grin what a description!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Lumpyy(f): 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
We lived 5houses away from eachother for years,i was very young though and he graduted early and moved to a bigger city so we only see during the holls but he was closer to my mum.He came home for Xmas dt year and i caught him staring at my hips and sayin,you are big girl now oo cheesy(me i was lyk see ds boda o grin)not to bore you,we dated for 4yrs and we now have gorgeous 1yr old,il choose him in d next life and after..........!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lumpyy:
We lived 5houses away from eachother for years,i was very young though and he graduted early and moved to a bigger city so we only see during the holls but he was closer to my mum.He came home for Xmas dt year and i caught him staring at my hips and sayin,you are big girl now oo cheesy(me i was lyk see ds boda o grin)not to bore you,we dated for 4yrs and we now have gorgeous 1yr old,il choose him in d next life and after..........!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Did you ever think he could be this one before this Xmas holiday?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Even that one's still quite long.

If the man and woman know what they want, then why wait beyond a year? Or two maximum? undecided

Well i will say to understand each other better , you know humans are very good at pretending but not for long , it depends on the age of the lady sha and if they are both ready to tie the knot on time.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lumpyy:

Chaii don't cut the story na

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Otta, 2003: Sunday afternoon, went to drop off dad's car at the mechanic, had no change(bike fare was #30 and I had a #1000 note on me) and decided to enjoy a walk home. I decide to explore a new route and, viola, I come upon a business centre and decide to put a call through to a friend make we for hang out; see we had phones but no airtime in those days.

Someone was on the phone when I got there so, I had to wait my turn. In the meantime, there was a lovely looking gyal sitting by the side eating ofada rice and as I was hungry I asked to join, and with the most dazzling smile made to give me the dish, I said thanks and said I was kidding and asked her name which she told me. So, I put my phone on silent mode, took their phone and dialled my number twice and told them the guy didn't pick, I totally forgot to call my homey.

I get home and dial the number and asked to speak to her, it turns out she was the daughter of the phone centre woman and I only had the chance to chat her up because mom was attending to another customer. Anyway, her mom tells me to call her own phone and I say it's not going through. She hands over the phone to daugjter and I proceed to introduce myself "erm, I'm the guy that asked for rice now now. Please, don't hang up". Somehow, she found it funny angry and the rest is history. We're currently trying for baby number 2. Hehehehe. grin

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

It's ok. smiley

Have you got a story to tell? cheesy

Maybe by this time next year I'd have a story. *fingersandLegsandHandsandMouthCrossed* grin

4 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lumpyy:
i caught him staring at my hips and sayin,you are big girl now oo
I'm giving that brother major side eye right now.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by TV01(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
moca:

Yeso!
Thanks for sharing. Unless u don't want to, I believe everybody has a spouse waiting somewhere.
Sometimes, it looks like a fairy tale but that's d plain truth

May ur union continue to blossom! kiss
Amen.
My actually finding someone was a miracle - I was convinced it was a single life - maybe as a missionary for me. I sold every asset I had and just had one big pile of cash. Just waiting to be directed to my duty station grin.

carefreewannabe:

ROFL

TV, you cracked me up. smiley smiley smiley

Just to be sure, did you complain that the girls eat salad or did they complain? grin

Me complain? Who dash monkey banana? I just used to turn up for dates - or call, I did lots of cold calling - with a hopeful look on my face (or tone of voice). I only provided a snapshot of reasons.

Even the good ones were turned into excuses. "Why always gymming? at least you are not fat na"? "You mean you have no children or have never been married? What's wrong with you. I'd be more comfortable if you had some tangible history - what are you hiding?" embarassed

Most of them didn't pass first date. And I suspect that many of the ones that persevered through the first date were mostly out of pity. Second dates sef, I used to fear. That's when they would bring up their immigration issues and explain how they needed to marry within the next 3 months or return home sad!. Or their impending homelessness, or dire financial situation.

TV

14 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by iykedare(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lumpyy:

,il choose him in d next life and after........!

Best part of the story.

Lovely thread but not for single guys like me.
I'll keep watching.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Lumpyy(f): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Did you ever think he could be this one before this Xmas holiday?
Hmmmmm,not before he came o,but i was sure the minute he did cos he asked me to marry him str8 ni grin,my mum wasso excited she dint sleep tru d night cheesy because wev know the family for ages and he was obviously a gentle man!

12 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
TV01:

Amen.
My actually finding someone was a miracle - I was convinced it was a single life - maybe as a missionary for me. I sold every asset had and just had one big pile of cash. Just waiting to be directed to my duty station grin.

Me complain? Who dash monkey banana? I just used to turn up for dates - or call, I did lots of cold calling - with a hopeful look on my face (or tone of voice). I only provided a snapshot of reasons.

Even the good ones were turned into excuses. "Why always gymming? at least you are not fat na"? "You mean you have no children or have never been married? What's wrong with you. I'd be more comfortable if you had some tangible history - what are you hiding?" embarassed

Most of them didn't pass first date. And I suspect that many of the ones that persevered through the first date were mostly out of pity. Second dates sef, I used to fear. That's when they would bring up their immigration issues and explain how they needed to marry within the next 3 months or return home sad!. Or their impending homelessness, or dire financial situation.

TV

But everything was different when you met your wife, right?
Please tell us more, only if you don't mind, of course. Sorry for being so curious. I was born this way. undecided smiley

4 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lumpyy:

Hmmmmm,not before he came o,but i was sure the minute he did cos he asked me to marry him str8 ni grin,my mum wasso excited she dint sleep tru d night cheesy because wev know the family for ages and he was obviously a gentle man!

Nice story. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
Otta, 2003: Sunday afternoon, went to drop off dad's car at the mechanic, had no change(bike fare was #30 and I had a #1000 note on me) and decided to enjoy a walk home. I decide to explore a new route and, viola, I come upon a business centre and decide to put a call through to a friend make we for hang out; see we had phones but no airtime in those days.

Someone was on the phone when I got there so, I had to wait my turn. In the meantime, there was a lovely looking gyal sitting by the side eating ofada rice and as I was hungry I asked to join, and with the most dazzling smile made to give me the dish, I said thanks and said I was kidding and asked her name which she told me. So, I put my phone on silent mode, took their phone and dialled my number twice and told them the guy didn't pick, I totally forgot to call my homey.

I get home and dial the number and asked to speak to her, it turns out she was the daughter of the phone centre woman and I only had the chance to chat her up because mom was attending to another customer. Anyway, her mom tells me to call her own phone and I say it's not going through. She hands over the phone to daugjter and I proceed to introduce myself "erm, I'm the guy that asked for rice now now. Please, don't hang up". Somehow, she found it funny angry and the rest is history. We're currently trying for baby number 2. Hehehehe. grin

I like your story a lot. cheesy

Sometimes it is good when things develop their own way, like not having change when you actually need it or having to wait in a queue. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / First Families Of The World.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.