Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis (28984 Views)

Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them- Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by dvee2: 9:28am On Jan 18, 2015
Ok let's reason with open mind here, I do not support violence, however there is limit to what some people call freedom of expression. That's what the Pope is trying to say and the world knows it. The world know you have a limit when you insult Jews, the world knows there is a limit when you are racist, why does the world pretend not to know and cite freedom of expression when you insult muslims?
Last month Ballotelli was suspended, reprimanded and force to pay fine for putting an anti semitic cartoon on his tweeter, that time there is limit to freedom of expression. Just yesterday not many of you know Jim Clancy of CNN was sacked for expressing himself about Jews, that time there is limit to freedom of expression. Only when it comes to Islam we all declare there is no limit. What double standard is this. I still insists this is no justification for violence. But the Pope is right, there is indeed a limit to freedom of expression

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by cashmentor(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2015
He Means the Church, Christians and Muslims Alike...

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2015
henryobinna:
jeez!
look what you just wrote!

Is it a lie?

When a married woman got pregnant from someone who is not her husband; what will u called the act and the child?
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Empredboy(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2015
i wonder what u guys would have done if jesus were to say all the parables in the bible in this present generation. Well i am not surprise afterall jesus said " destroy this temple and in 3 days i will rebuild it" but i know if the bible had not explained it that he meant his body, i knw how bible school pastors will preach something else about that phrase. Anyway in a simple way the pope meant that there is a limit to any insult,abuse and disturbance. Respect me and i will do same to u. Simple! Jesus said if someone slap u turn the other cheek. But when he was been slaped by the soldier of pilate because of the way he answered pilate, how did he react? Did he turn his cheeck? Plz u ppl should understand the word of God because its not a novel.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by YurFatHer: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2015
Is he a boxer before?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by modash(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2015
Aspireahead:
i think muslim draw more enemies to themselves by attacking perceived critics, or mockers of their faith.
Yesterday in my school, the Muslim Student's Society organised a seminar on campus. The theme of the programme was centered around Biblical and Quranic support for science and western education but the guest speaker was bad mouthing Christianity and terming Jesus 'a bastard' and he not being the son of God, and how the Book of Matthew is fiction. Some students approached him and kindly asked him to focus on the theme of the gathering but he refused. Students didnt allow the programme continue.
Although i am not in support of the student's action, but i could'nt stop wondering what would have happened if the whole ish was the other way round.
People have freedom of speech, if you feel insulted, you either sue them, insult back or keep quiet...you dont kill..especially when your religion is that of 'peace.'
Which school is that? And what's the name of the speaker?
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2015
dvee2:
Ok let's reason with open mind here, I do not support violence, however there is limit to what some people call freedom of expression. That's what the Pope is trying to say and the world knows it. The world know you have a limit when you insult Jews, the world knows there is a limit when you are racist, why does the world pretend not to know and cite freedom of expression when you insult muslims?
Last month Ballotelli was suspended, reprimanded and force to pay fine for putting an anti semitic cartoon on his tweeter, that time there is no freedom of expression. Just yesterday not many of you know Jim Clancy of CNN was sacked for expressing himself about Jews, that time there is no freedom of expression. Only when it comes to Islam we all declare there is no limit. What double standard is this. I still insists this is no justification for violence. But the Pope is right, there is indeed a limit to freedom of expression

And when u use ur megaphone to disturb my sleep as early as 5 am; to u that's freedom of expression and association?

Not until when you Religious idio.ts learn how to respect other people who do not subscribe to your Religious fairytale, there will be no limit to freedom of Expression
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2015
This message is meant for the mature in spirit.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2015
This current Pope is the devil incarnate!
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by An2elect2(f): 9:44am On Jan 18, 2015
I'll be lying if i say am surprised. It's expected of an old blind bat and ecumenist to say things like this.

An unbeliever is always at variance with Christ.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2015
Empredboy:
i wonder what u guys would have done if jesus were to say all the parables in the bible in this present generation. Well i am not surprise afterall jesus said " destroy this temple and in 3 days i will rebuild it" but i know if the bible had not explained it that he meant his body, i knw how bible school pastors will preach something else about that phrase. Anyway in a simple way the pope meant that there is a limit to any insult,abuse and disturbance. Respect me and i will do same to u. Simple! Jesus said if someone slap u turn the other cheek. But when he was been slaped by the soldier of pilate because of the way he answered pilate, how did he react? Did he turn his cheeck? Plz u ppl should understand the word of God because its not a novel.
Yes oooo. Just like the way Jesus drove away the crowd that turned the temple of God into market. It simply shows there's a limit to everything.
Only the wise will understand the pope's message.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by lomprico(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2015
peteregwu:

pope is not a christian and was never a christian, he is beginning to show his true colour. he knows what you quoted in math 5:39 but he just want to give his followers another gospel.
The pope is only preaching respect for other religion. We are humans n if I insult u know u will pick offence. Like wise if I insult or mock ur beliefs u will react. Oyedepo slapped a girl for calling herself a witch for jesus, does that make him a non christian? Read btw the lines bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by DesChyko: 9:46am On Jan 18, 2015
I like this man's 'down-to-earth' manner..something lacking in most religious leaders. He doesn't look at himself like a righteous being who can't afford to sin. Rather he examines both sides of things, bringing forth a good way to live with the pressures of life and still make it worth the while.

I LIKE THIS MAN

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by sanerugwei: 9:46am On Jan 18, 2015
Do not be surprised for God is not mocked and Jehovah knows His own elect.
What the present pope just preached is what the Church of Rome a.k.a. Roman Catholic sect did in the Dark Ages centuries ago by murdering millions of Christian believers by calling them heretics.
Is anyone in doubt of the similarities between the papacy and the islamists? The have been following in that same path by murdering the so called infidels.

Even when a Roman soldier's ear was cut off by Peter..The one you claim to be your first pope. What's was Jesus reaction? Did He punch the others soldiers, even when he said he had the power to call forth legion of angels from heaven. Did Jesus preach violence.
Christ preached love but this so called vicar of Christ is preaching punching and justifying killing by Islamists.
Na wa o...Religion is truly the opium of the intoxicated people.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 18, 2015
Jeez.... this write-up has absolutely nothing to do with the Pope's mother who, I'm sure, is dead. It's ridiculous the way we understand things down here. The Pope was only using an analogy to explain the need for different religions to respect and tolerate one another!

And yes, everyone gets angry. It's a fact. Whether the Pope said it or not, it's not a hidden fact that everyone has a limit to which he can take heart piercing insults. So, while we exercise our freedom of expression, let's also bear in mind that those receiving the verbal blows are humans and have their limits too! Respect me and I respect you! That's the Pope's message and I don't have to be a Catholic to understand that!

Instead of us to pick the message, we're more interested in picking faults. Sorry for our generation!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by lomprico(m): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2015
An2elect2:
I'll be lying if i say am surprised. It's expected of an old blind bat and ecumenist to say things like this.

An unbeliever is always at variance with Christ.
Witch!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2015
afrika:

I always feel for myself cos I'm. The youngest fool in the planet earth....
If only I can reason for once and shut my stupid mouth, that would have shown some maturity.

However Wisemen speak because they have something to say: Fools like me speak cos we want to say something.

Eyaa, take heart but it is not late yet to amend after all knowing your problem is one way of getting the problem solved.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by poundlander: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2015
all i keep hearing/reading is HE DOESN'T MEAN IT, it is just a parable. if it were to be an Islamic scholar, he would have been casted and binded for promoting violence. In as much as i agree with the Pope and honestly believe he doesn't mean it, i am so amazed at the level of HYPOCRISY of some people that won't stop at nothing in cursing any Muslim that make similar statement. LIVE AND LETS LIVE. SALAM!!!
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by AdekunleBalogun: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2015
Are Nigerian really this dump? Yes I know our educational system is pretty bad bt never imagine to this point when people can't read simple meaning to a very simple sentence. Having said that, its also very unbelievable that some people here are saying the Pope is no more a christian, am a muslim and I can very well relate wit what the Pope is saying, can u imagine if someone start drawing the pictures of Jesus naked standing next to a prostitutes or say thing that are contrary to the teaching of Jesus. All am saying is there are thing that should be separated from religion such Politics,blasphemy against other peoples religion as so on. May souls of those killed in Paris attack rest in peace and our brothers and sisters who lost their soul Baga rest in as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by henryobinna(m): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2015
wordcat:

Is it a lie?

When a married woman got pregnant from someone who is not her husband; what will u called the act and the child?
abeg abeg... I can't involve myself in your argument
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by lomprico(m): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2015
Uncletony:
Am a catholic & i knw he did'nt say this. But if he did, i dnt concur!
Read the message again.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 18, 2015
AdekunleBalogun:

Are Nigerian really this dump? Yes I know our educational system is pretty bad bt never imagine to this point when people can't read simple meaning to a very simple sentence. Having said that, its also very unbelievable that some people here are saying the Pope is no more a christian, am a muslim and I can very well relate wit what the Pope is saying, can u imagine if someone start drawing the pictures of Jesus naked standing next to a prostitutes or say thing that are contrary to the teaching of Jesus. All am saying is there are thing that should be separated from religion such Politics,blasphemy against other peoples religion as so on. May souls of those killed in Paris attack rest in peace and our brothers and sisters who lost their soul Baga rest in as well.

May you live long. May your generation be blessed by Allah.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by texazzpete(m): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2015
peteregwu:

pope is not a christian and was never a christian, he is beginning to show his true colour. he knows what you quoted in math 5:39 but he just want to give his followers another gospel.

Strange you didn't come out with such condemnation when oyedepo slapped that underage girl in church.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by sagaciousblog: 10:01am On Jan 18, 2015
peteregwu:

so if someone shud insult his mum, he should be quiet??come on, that you are a christian doesnt make u a mumu..

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 10:02am On Jan 18, 2015
henryobinna:
abeg abeg... I can't involve myself in your argument

I know. I was once in your shoes, always afraid to question some certain things look absurd in the bible so as not to invite god's wrath upon myself.

Happy sunday
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by An2elect2(f): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2015
EvilBrain1:
Pope Francis is using the wifebeater's defence (she provoked me!) to support mass murdering islamist fanatics. Personally, I'm not surprised since he and the islamists are selling different flavours of the same poisonous drink. They know what they are preaching is bullshit which is why they dont want it criticized. When the Catholic church still had political power, they were murdering people everyday just like the muslims are now. They havent changed at all, theyre just better at hiding it nowadays. But once in a while, the mask slips and you can see the rotten face beneath.

Dont worry, humanity will eventually eradicate christianity along with islam and all the other violent religions. Its just a matter of time.

Oh yeah? i almost liked this post until i saw the "...eradicate Christianity" part.

News flash: Catholics ain't Christians, the are catholics. That's what they are.

Christianity is not and has never been a violent religion. We cause trouble among men when we preach the truth cos men love the lie. We don't convert people forcefully. God forbid! If we do that then our gospel is void of power.

I can't say the same for the Muslims who worship not the true God.

The truth is that no one can make him/her self a Christian. Only God can do that.

So someone saying he is a christian doesn't make him one angry

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by An2elect2(f): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
lomprico:

Witch!
One unbeliever here who is...of course blind.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by cold(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
Islam is not a race & neither is Christianity. Thus, cannot be above scrutiny & criticism.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by sanerugwei: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
AdekunleBalogun:

By their words we shall know them. A true Christian will never fight talk less of killing people because of some inconsequential cartoon or writeup about Jesus. Even bhuddist...Hindus or even sang worshipper won't kill for their gods...why do mohammedans always take the law into their hands. Are practitioners of other faiths not being killed and persecuted in Saudi and other pariah islamists countries? Very sad that people will take lives because of cartoons drawn with paper and ink. What are you worshipping...A bloodsucking god..or the Almighty God for God is love and will never justify murder in His name.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by dvee2: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
wordcat:

And when u use ur megaphone to disturb my sleep as early as 5 am; to u that's freedom of expression and association?

Not until when you Religious idio.ts learn how to respect other people who do not subscribe to your Religious fairytale, there will be no limit to freedom of Expression

Should I respond to this? Nah :-o
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 10:08am On Jan 18, 2015
AdekunleBalogun:

I've said worse thing even on this thread and the only who threatened me is YOU, a muslim for that matter. y is it that killing is the way you muslims seek redress?
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by thiscounts(m): 10:08am On Jan 18, 2015
Of course TRUTH IS BITTER it will make every hypocrite squirm and scream! Pope Francis just said the truth that to every action there's reaction, no matter how religious or strong we with might be, for we are biologically wired to react to whatever feelings being provoked within our system.

You can't insult my mother, and expect that you have triggered a good sense of laughter in me, nope...you are injecting a poisonous feeling into my system and because my system is at peace it will get it disturbed, worried and jerks to react.

THERE ARE LIMITS TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH when you want peace...but if you are a man who cares not about peace you have all the air in the world to weave your words and be ready to receive what is coming at you.

Though, we will all feel embarrassed that we are forced to take to anger, but can't you tell the provocative non-peace loving to respect my feelings?

My mother, my wife, my home, my tribe, my religion and those whom I hold dear shouldn't be your subject of ridicle if you want me peaceful at you.

PROPHET MUHAMMAD means alot to we Muslims and so are the other PROPHETS, the trouble makers in the world might not respect them and can disrespect them as part of their freedom of speech BUT not to my face where my own freedom starts to hold them dear and show my stance....their would be conflict of FREEDOM OF SPEECH....and the hypocrites shouldnt pretend of this.

May d dead of CHARLIE HEBDO rest in peace, both the victims and the perpetrators, the blame is not theirs but the world that stands on hypocrisy fanning the ember of violence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daniel Olukoya Files N10bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos / Nasarawa Pilgrim Returns N.5m To Afghan Mate, Gets Free Hajj Seat(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.