Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope (1346 Views)

I Found My Little Cousin Hanging From A Rope In His Bedroom. / Kenyan Couple End Domestic Squabble By Hanging From Roof / Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by mzjaney(f): 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Police are investigating the death of a six-year-old girl, Kendrea Johnson who is strongly considered to have committed suicide.

Kendrea Johnson was found dead at her foster home in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota on Saturday, December 27 with a rope around her neck.

Police said that the cause of the teenager’s death is yet to be determined yet but records have emerged suggesting that it might be suicide. According to The Star Tribune records have emerged which show that Kendrea in June and was ruled as having “homicidal and suicidal thoughts” and was placed on treatment.

Records state that the child “showed severe guilt, as she does not feel lovable or acceptable and reports feeling guilty and responsible for out-of-home placement,” the newspaper reports.

Kendrea according to reports was put in foster care in 2013 after a child protection unit accused her mother of drug abuse and failing to keep to an agreed protection plan.

The youngster’s behavior reportedly changed in care and one foster mother said the child had wanted to end her life by jumping out of a window and drew pictures at school of a child hanging from a rope.

The girl’s father however informed police that everything seemed fine when he had checked in on her at 8pm ten minutes before he found her hanged in the bedroom. Her grandmother Mary Lee Broadus, told The Star Tribune that she believed Kendrea did not take her own life.

http://darlingtonblog.com/2015/01/17/6-year-old-found-dead-hanging-from-a-rope/

Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by saaedlee: 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Oh My God *sobs*
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by kenny987(f): 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Is it a six-year old or a teenager @op?
What can push a little child like this to suicide? How does she even know she can kill herself with a rope? How is she able to fashion a noose at her age? So sad...may she RIP

2 Likes

Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
It is hard for me to believe that a 6-year-old could hang herself. They must investigate the case thoroughly.

2 Likes

Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by delishpot: 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
Abeg, make dem find wetin(who) kill this poor child.
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by dre11(m): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
Something went wrong somewhere for a little girl to have commits suicide just like that

This needs to be investigated
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by EfemenaXY: 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
Why did I open this tragic thread? Eh? sad sad embarassed

God bless her gentle soul. RIP little one. cry cry cry cry
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by 5minsmadness: 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
OH COME ON!

You people really believe a 6yrs old will understand the concept of life and death enough to want to end it all, then go to the extent of tying a noose(how many of you reading this know how to do it) with a thick enough rope(how will she know the one that wont break under her weight and how to tie it to the roof without help) and then go ahead to commit suicide without fear?

THIS CHILD WAS MURDERED!

1 Like

Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by Kimoni: 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
mzjaney:
Police are investigating the death of a six year-old girl, Kendrea Johnson who is strongly considered to have committed suicide.

Kendrea Johnson was found dead at her foster home in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota on Saturday, December 27 with a rope around her neck.

Police said that the cause of the teenager’s death is yet to be determined yet but records have emerged suggesting that it might be suicide. According to The Star Tribune records have emerged which show that Kendrea in June and was ruled as having “homicidal and suicidal thoughts” and was placed on treatment.

Records state that the child “showed severe guilt, as she does not feel lovable or acceptable and reports feeling guilty and responsible for out-of-home placement,” the newspaper reports.

Kendrea according to reports was put in foster care in 2013 after a child protection unit accused her mother of drug abuse and failing to keep to an agreed protection plan.

The youngster’s behavior reportedly changed in care and one foster mother said the child had wanted to end her life by jumping out of a window and drew pictures at school of a child hanging from a rope.

The girl’s father however informed police that everything seemed fine when he had checked in on her at 8pm ten minutes before he found her hanged in the bedroom. Her grandmother Mary Lee Broadus, told The Star Tribune that she believed Kendrea did not take her own life.

http://darlingtonblog.com/2015/01/17/6-year-old-found-dead-hanging-from-a-rope/

Is she six or sixteen??
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
kenny987:
Is it a six-year old or a teenager @op?
What can push a little child like this to suicide? How does she even know she can kill herself with a rope? How is she able to fashion a noose at her age? So sad...may she RIP
today I saw a 2 yr old child operating an ipad and taking pictures, who taught him? kids of nowadays are smarter than u think. they learn faster so its possible 4 d child 2 knot a noose around her neck and kill herself just like d movies
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by kenny987(f): 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
lofty900:
today I saw a 2 yr old child operating an ipad and taking pictures, who taught him? kids of nowadays are smarter than u think. they learn faster so its possible 4 d child 2 knot a noose around her neck and kill herself just like d movies

The noose ish na negative smartness o! Na wa! well I'm sure all those things are on d internet... all dem 'how to do dis and dat' searches. Seriously though, I'm still trying to imagine a 6-year old knowing to 'end it all' by hanging herself...too many unanswered questions....
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by Mimienudles(f): 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
Oh my God
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by BokoHaramm: 12:20am On Jan 18, 2015
Tears streak down my eyes seeing the sweet kid, we need to put more efforts in understanding the needs of kids around us. God bless her soul
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by SAMBARRY: 7:15am On Jan 18, 2015
Exactly but the issue is why murder such a cute little girl cry
5minsmadness:
OH COME ON!

You people really believe a 6yrs old will understand the concept of life and death enough to want to end it all, then go to the extent of tying a noose(how many of you reading this know how to do it) with a thick enough rope(how will she know the one that wont break under her weight and how to tie it to the roof without help) and then go ahead to commit suicide without fear?

THIS CHILD WAS MURDERED!
Re: 6-year-old Found Dead Hanging From A Rope by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 18, 2015
I think she was murdered cry, a 6 year old girl can't take her own life with a rope, nawa oh embarassed

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do To Your Mother In-law? (photo) / Marital Caution / Ladies: 8 Signs You Expect Too Much From Your Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.