Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan (17781 Views)

At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge / Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) / Umahi: FG has moved Boko haram prisoners out of south-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by bodsibobo(m): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
^^^^^
grin grin tongue tongue
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by TonySpike: 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
I don't why a bridge across a river, less than 2 km, should take 4 freaking years to build. Are they building an underwater tunnel or what? I hope this isn't a political gimmick?

5 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by daniel2090: 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
the progect is pdps arrangement..lol..chai....
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Pappyto: 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
Were tuti mu OGOGORO yo ...

D man just lyk to dey misyarn sha...

1 Like

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by oathman(m): 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
fear God....
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by ceejay80s(m): 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
The brigde na gold?
Why 10billion?
Thieves

1 Like

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by shegsrules(m): 9:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
With d painting or what?
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by bolajJP007: 9:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
Can someone please get a pix of that project so we can see and evaluate maybe the president is right.
Though, I dont like the government of GEJ, but it will be nice if we can get a pix of the famous 2nd Niger bridge.
Am currently in Asaba, and I go to Onitsha a lot, but I haven't seen anything.
Please, if anyone knows where it is, I can go and get pix of it.
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Waspy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
10 billion Meanwhile the refineries are cesspits cry
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Sant1m: 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
the president is telling us about the bridge but he is not telling us that the bridge will be built using ppp at a cost of more than 120b and igbos will be expected to pay toll on it for 25yrs, luxury buses 1000, cars 500. Why my brethren!, fashola's lekki ikoyi suspension bridge 1.2km was built with 29b, and the 2nd Niger bridge of 1.5km is taking 130b, this cannot happen in other parts of Nigeria, they want to en slave us and we are rejoicing over it ignorantly,

6 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Omooba77: 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

This President is just clueless. He cannot even get his figures right.

How can you claim to have spent more than the budget of the project? A PhD holder?

Dr Jonathan swore that the project will be completed by 2015 (this year)

Now he claims that the project will take another 48 months= 4 years. If we factor in usual project delays and the Nigerian factor, it will take another 8-9 years. The PDP will repeat this same line in 2019 if they are voted in just to emotionally bribe the Igbos.

This administration does not intend completing this project until kingdom come.

Vote for change.
Why do you people lie now,Nigeria belong to all of us;he said N130bn and that N10bn have been spent so far and N1.5bn have been paid as compensation.........I just heard him in the news now....If Ikoyi bridge cost billions of Naira;Onitsha will now be N130mn;please let us reason like enlightened fellows.God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by tivta(m): 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
Yes jonathan has not lived up to expection but when he has succeed we should commend him. This thread reminds me of how I was almost cursed when I commended him on the thread showing pictures of the on going construction. Majority of the people crying fowl or fraud have obviously. Not traveled to the east hence they have no clue as to what is going on. All I can say is if this bridge gets constructed in GEJ tenure then has done more than obansajo will ever do for people from the east. Time shall reveal all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by aspirebig: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
APC (ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS) has been consistent in saying that PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But at a very close look at the APC, I am seeing: 1)Rotimi Amaechi – 8 years speaker; 7 year, Governor under PDP. 2)Atiku Abubakar – 8 years Vice president under PDP. 3)George Akume – 8 years Governor under PDP. 4)Bukola Saraki – 8 years Governor; 2 years, Senator under PDP. 5)Timipre Sylver – 4 years Governor under PDP. 6)Audu Ogbe – 2 years National Chairman of the PDP. 7)Aminu Masari – 4 years as the Speaker, House of Representatives under PDP. coolChris Ngige – 3 years Governor under PDP. 9)Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years Governor; 3 years Defense minister under PDP. 10)El Rufai – 4 years FCT Minister; 2 years BPE Chairman under PDP. 11)Tambuwal-3years as Speaker House of Reps under PDP; and to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the APC, a man who spent 8 of the disastrous 16 years as the maximum ruler of Nigeria. It is now clear that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the 16 disastrous years are now dumped. So where is the change coming from? Are they now saints because they joined APC?Pls be WISE & VOTE not for those seeking power by force :- ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS (APC )

2 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Omooba77: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sant1m:
the president is telling us about the bridge but he is not telling us that the bridge will be built using ppp at a cost of more than 120b and igbos will be expected to pay toll on it for 25yrs, luxury buses 1000, cars 500. Why my brethren!, fashola's lekki ikoyi suspension bridge 1.2km was built with 29b, and the 2nd Niger bridge of 1.5km is taking 130b, this cannot happen in other parts of Nigeria, they want to en slave us and we are rejoicing over it ignorantly,
Was the Ikoyi water dredged and how many lanes and any connecting roads?Each time we write;let us not be partisan and give room to reasoning.I know much about project construction and what we don't understand we can google and check what is done in other nations.

1 Like

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Jabioro: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
bolajJP007:
Can someone please get a pix of that project so we can see and evaluate maybe the president is right.
Though, I dont like the government of GEJ, but it will be nice if we can get a pix of the famous 2nd Niger bridge.
Miserable and invisible GEJ Onitsha 2nd bridge,an over priced project,nawa o Poverty Developmental Party..PDP!!! So if you can notice it as common citizen something terribly is wrong with GEJ and the team..

2 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by devour129: 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
komek:
What is the scam about it. How many of u have taken ur time to travel to the Eastern part of the country. All u do is to sit in Lagos and blab.
am in the east right now and there's nothing like that going on . Jona ekperima don't even use that line anymore we know you don't and never had intentions of building any bridge ,the money has been shared.

2 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by fkaz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
When did president jonathan become an historian?

The great zik is from Anambra state - jonathan

I am the second Azikewe - jonathan

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu rolls-royce car was used to carry the queen of england when she visit nigeria - jonathan

Onitsha is the biggest market in africa - jonathan

Anambra has great sons and daughters

Chinua Achebe, you know him, he is from anambra state - jonathan

Dame ojukwu chukwuemeka is from anambra state - jonathan

Anambra people are naturally business minded, that is why am working with your son my good friend innoson motor - jonathan

Anambra people has the highest number of jet in nigeria, one in evry three jet is owned by anambra man and Those of you who want to live big and also own private jets, we have a programme for you - YouWIN- jonathan

Onitsha is a commercial town - jonathan

I believe you all know what is happening and how far we have gone on onitsha river port

I said i will first visit the 2nd niger bridge before coming here and i am impress with the level of work that have been done so far. They have almost complete the kilometre of road leading to the bridge - jonathan

If you vote for me, me and sambo will come and commission the bridge - jonathan

My wife is your daughter, so i am your son automatically - jonathan

I won't like to bore you with the numbers of road we have constructed in anambra because governor peter Obi has mention them, thank you and god bless - jonathan
unfortunately jonathan lack idea on issue-based campaign, jona is a clawn
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by komek(m): 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
devour129:
am in the east right now and there's nothing like that going on . Jona ekperima don't even use that line anymore we know you don't and never had intentions of building any bridge ,the money has been shared.

What do u know. Do u know where the Bridge is in the East? Na ur type dey sleep for motor from upper Iweka to Mile 2 in Lagos. And when u alight, u tell stories that u no nothing about.

6 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by bameyi(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pBjmjiEspU. Watch the video link and tell me if 2nd Niger bridge was not a scam?
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by silenthor1: 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

How can you claim to have spent more than the budget of the project? A PhD holder?

Now he claims that the project will take another 48 months= 4 years. If we factor in usual project delays and the Nigerian factor, it will take another 8-9 years. The PDP will repeat this same line in 2019 if they are voted in just to emotionally bribe the Igbos.

Vote for change.
you wrong
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
Somebody should post images of the bridge,please!

1 Like

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by BraveAfrican(m): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Vote for change.

Even a "R-E-T-A-R-D" knows that's definitely a "typo" error....hate the man (GEJ), its your opinion but please, don't blot out your due sense of reasoning. Thanks!
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Locapito(m): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
DopeAngel:
And some Fools will still say he is clueless... Does a clueless person know how to handle financial matters?...#GEJtill2019
he's clueless. Read his statement "out N130millions budgeted for the project, N10billions has been spent" N10billions out of N130millions, hmm? He's not only clueless but thief and pickpocket. Now tell me, who's a fool? You ofcourse.

1 Like

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by issylarry(m): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
ichidodo:
We are solidly behind you Mr President....We are ensuring you 100% votes Mr President.
I wonda y pple go c truth for ground,dem go go dey dine with lies!can he give good accountability of how the 10billion waz bn spent?u go help am?luk at u
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by wola44: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
After waiting for 4 years plus completion time ,this bridge will still be toll.
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by annurhaske(m): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
You have gone jona and you lie more than hundreds time
Everyone knows it.
Just we need change2015,
U should go back to zoo and earn ur
3rd degree.

2 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Omooba77: 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
Locapito:
he's clueless. Read his statement "out N130millions budgeted for the project, N10billions has been spent" N10billions out of N130millions, hmm? He's not only clueless but thief and pickpocket. Now tell me, who's a fool? You ofcourse.
I just heard him on Channels news few minutes back;he said N130b. I hope you people shouting now,we be prepared for communication lock down incase Buhari wins;just look at the amount of insults. Will GMB be tolerant enough;Lagos has not allow for passage of FOI

2 Likes

Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by Locapito(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
komek:
What is the scam about it. How many of u have taken ur time to travel to the Eastern part of the country. All u do is to sit in Lagos and blab.
its a very BIG S C A M . Re u blind, can't u read his statement? N10billions spent out of N130millions according to ur clueless, corrupt and incompetent president? Ok na mistake due to excesss taking of janjanweed soak with ogogoro abi? Honestly ur man is CLUELESS.
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by drnoel: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Vote for change.

are u well at all or did u read the vanguard write up with ur buttox. Did u not see they wrote the total cost of the project is 130 billion and mr GEJ said FG has spent 10 B of it. I hate sentiments, just cos ur APC bosses dont like GEJ does not mean u have to resort to blackmail so every other people will hate him too. Abeg, move on jor. Propaganda will not kill u APC people
Re: FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan by ascendo(m): 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
bolajJP007:
the bridge is located one km downstream of the current one. You can find the way leading to it after KWALE rd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage / 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls / INEC, Police, Army Culpable In Rivers Elections Violence — Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.