Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls (17775 Views)

UK: Jonathan’s Govt Did Not Reject Help To Rescue Chibok Girls / Jonathan: "I Never Rejected British Offer To Rescue Chibok Girls" / Evidence That The First Rescue Chibok Girl Was Kidnapped By BH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Clerverly: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
The BringBackOurGirls (BBOG) has described the release of 21 Chibok schoolgirls as a “wonderful development,” saying it knew President Muhammadu Buhari could secure the release of girls.

On Thursday, the government announced the release of the schoolgirls, explaining that they were released after a successful negotiation with the Boko Haram sect.

According to Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, the negotiation was brokered by the International Committee of Red Cross and the Swiss government.

Reacting to the development in a statement signed by Aisha Yesufu and Oby Ezekwesili, the advocacy urged the government to work towards ensuring the well-being of the released girls.

“We welcome reports from the Presidential Spokesperson, Garba Shehu, of the negotiated release of 21 of our abducted #ChibokGirls today,” read the statement.

“This wonderful development confirms what we have always known about the capacity of our goverment to rescue our #ChibokGirls.

“While awaiting further details, we take this opportunity to salute the work of our security services at the front lines — the commitment, resilience and tireless efforts of our members of the Multi-national Joint Task Force and the civilian JTF. We also thank the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Swiss government and all negotiators involved in securing the release.

“Following this development, we trust that our government will continue to work to keep the safety, security, and well-being of the other girls a high priority.

“We further urge the international community to continue to support our government’s effort to rescue all other abducted Nigerians, so that parents, the Chibok community, the nation, and the world can finally put an end to this nightmare once and for all.”

The BBOG statement contradicts previous utterances of the group, which doubted the capacity of the president to rescue the girls.

“Mr President you are a failure, I dare President Muhammadu Buhari, you should stand up and behave like a man,” Aisha Yesufu, a leader of the group, said only in August after the police barred the movement from entering the villa — the second time in four days.

https://www.thecable.ng/u-turn-bbog-group-says-it-always-knew-buhari-could-rescue-chibok-girls

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Clerverly: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
[size=14pt]Onu Kwuru Njo Ga Ekwu Nma!

Thank You Mr. President![/size]

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
After giving jobs to your members undecided

11 Likes

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Firefire(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
I laugh at the high level stupidity of the Zone-Bs... cheesy

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by yeyeboi(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ok
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Firefire(m): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2016
Clerverly:
cool

Ngenekwenu, you don return to the use of this moniker...

You suddenly found reason(s) to gallivants around NL.

16 Likes

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
It's normal, nothing feels so cool like seeing your loved one's coming back home after three years...

Afterall we all human cool

I Pray for all parents to have thier daughters back from Bokoharam's imprisonment....

I'll be a father someday, I shouldn't be angry when I see these girls returning back home.

I AM NOT LUCIFER cool

God Bless Nigeria

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Realdeals(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
Firefire:
I laugh at the high level stupidity of the Zone-Bs... cheesy

It seem wailing is your way of life.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by chriskosherbal(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hmmm ok oo
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Clerverly: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Atmmachine(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
Buhari is the best president in the world

I knew he would rescue the 700 kidnapped Chibok girls.

I was there in sambisa forest when he handed 1 Boko Haram prisoner to Shekau,gave the Boko Haram members a good hand job and in return Shekau released 900 Chibok girls

I wish Buhari will rule Nigeria for 80 more years

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by veekid(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
Praise the Lord
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by DICKtator: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Akshow: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
Buhari... Fixing the mess of Jonathan since 2015 .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by OkoYibo: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
Firefire:

Ngenekwenu, you don return to the use of this moniker...

You suddenly found reason(s) to gallivants around NL.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by jaymejate: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Easy to make peace with your brothers than with a total stranger.
Gej was a stranger to them.
You're brothers.

Not surprised

6 Likes

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by JEWELCOSMETICS: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Gbam

1 Like

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Vicadonis(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lolz... They don't even know how it is doing them
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by whitebeard(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
coolBBOG..the boys are here..u understand nah..!!
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by holuwole12(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Keep deceiving yourself... All this na scam wink

1 Like

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by SSkillzzz(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
people will always say whatever you pay them to say - Luscious Lyon.....

this statement is so true...

3 Likes

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Oildichotomy(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
According to Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, the negotiation was brokered by the International Committee of Red Cross and the Swiss government.
We should give credit to who it is due if this news is eventually true.

A bomb yesterday, Chibok girls release today!! Are those suppose ladies not suicide Bombers in disguise?

My take
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by jmoore(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
How many Chibok girls were kidnapped?

How many have been released so far?

I need stats abeg.
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Femich18(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
holuwole12:
Keep deceiving yourself... All this na scam wink
We hear that everyday.. even if its scam or not its all for good

3 Likes

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by jeeqaa7(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
4kin liars ... no be only chibok girls ... na chibok women ....gullible nigerians
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by Zaramdgreat(f): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
As far as i am concerned Chibok girls doesn't exist...all na scam jst to hype Buhari
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by blezzymoore: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
Fake chibok girls
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by TippyTop(m): 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
Buhari would have released them last year but the scam would have been too obvious.

3 Likes

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by oluchivy(f): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Clerverly:
[size=14pt]Onu Kwuru Njo Ga Ekwu Nma!

Thank You Mr. President![/size]
who is deceiving who?,Anam anukwa

1 Like

Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by kings09(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
We r watching but pls can they face d economy now. Ppl r hungry. Even d chibok gals go soon de complain of hunger as d economy bad. All diz distractions shld be on 1side.
Re: 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls by vedaxcool(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
&na dem sabi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund / NIN Enrolment: NIMC Seeks N25bn For Storage Servers / Fuel Scarcity: Ibadan Residents Groan As Petrol Price Increases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.