Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN (1183 Views)

Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by jiggaz(m): 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
I saw dis on BellaNaija dis morning. Nigerians una don hear, mae una wake up oo.....

The western world’s response to the recent terror
attacks in France, in comparison with the
response to the Boko Haram Baga massacre, is
currently a hot topic.
Many have questioned why a large amount of
attention has been placed on France, while the
horrific Baga massacre in Nigeria seemed to
receive lukewarm attention.
CNN military analyst, Maj. Gen. James “Spider”
Marks recently revealed a controversial
perspective on the matter.
According to him, the United States has the
capability to root out Boko Haram but it’s not a
priority. He also stated that Black West Africa is
not a priority. He goes on to state that if Boko
Haram were in some other region of the world
perhaps in “White Africa” (North Africa) or in the
Middle East, it would cause more alarm.
“Very stark, very hard to say, but that’s the case
right now,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by wagazala: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2015
I remember when Nigerians celebrated Obama winning the presidential elections in the United States like he was going to reach out and solve all our domestic problems. Years later and the relationship between both countries is on a decline, how did we come to this? Its about time we make our votes count, we cannot continue this way or else there will be no Nigeria, we are loosing international allies by the day.
Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by orinocopulse: 9:05am On Jan 18, 2015
I wonder why we are SURPRISED/UPSET about this. OUR PRESIDENT condemned the Paris attacks but didn't speak about Baga! OUR PRESIDENT. So to him, it wasn't a priority, and we expect to be a priority to another nation?

It's hard to hear and say, but what he said is the truth. America has a LIST of priorities and I doubt that Boko Haram will TOP ISIS, Syria, Alqueda, the Taliban or Ukraine. It's just that simple.

Lastly, it's time we learnt to handle our issues and stop blaming others for it. How can CNN say that? How can Obama do that? Why did the US Military leave us? First Ask your govt questions!!

1 Like

Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:13am On Jan 18, 2015
The US Doesnt put hand in matters it wont gain from..I tell if this boko haram issue was in the oil producing south,US troops for Don full 9ja...but what would they gain from the north,NOTHING.
Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by jiggaz(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2015
wagazala:
I remember when Nigerians celebrated Obama winning the presidential elections in the United States like he was going to reach out and solve all our domestic problems. Years later and the relationship between both countries is on a decline, how did we come to this? Its about time we make our votes count, we cannot continue this way or else there will be no Nigeria, we are loosing international allies by the day.

Yes
Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by jiggaz(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2015
orinocopulse:
I wonder why we are SURPRISED/UPSET about this. OUR PRESIDENT condemned the Paris attacks but didn't speak about Baga! OUR PRESIDENT. So to him, it wasn't a priority, and we expect to be a priority to another nation?

It's hard to hear and say, but what he said is the truth. America has a LIST of priorities and I doubt that Boko Haram will TOP ISIS, Syria, Alqueda, the Taliban or Ukraine. It's just that simple.

Lastly, it's time we learnt to handle our issues and stop blaming others for it. How can CNN say that? How can Obama do that? Why did the US Military leave us? First Ask your govt questions!!

So true
Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by jiggaz(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
The US Doesnt put hand in matters it wont gain from..I tell if this boko haram issue was in the oil producing south,US troops for Don full 9ja...but what would they gain from the north,NOTHING.
lol
Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by charliebiz(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2015
Sad but true.
Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 18, 2015
The west supported the French, but the French solved the problem themselves. Have we done the same?

No one will sympathize with a Nation, or a people, that seemingly does not care for over two hundred girls kidnapped almost a year ago.

The French deployed armies nation wide for 12 people. Have we done the same?

Charity begins at home, but Nigerians always want it to begin abroad.

Chadians passionately sentforth their army with chants of encouragement to fight BokoHarm. As a nation, have we done the same?

1 Like

Re: Black West Africa & Boko Haram Are Not A Priority To The West - CNN by jiggaz(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
MOBJECTIVE:
The west supported the French, but the French solved the problem themselves. Have we done the same?

No one will sympathize with a Nation, or a people, that seemingly does not care for over two hundred girls kidnapped almost a year ago.

The French deployed armies nation wide for 12 people. Have we done the same?

Charity begins at home, but Nigerians always want it to begin abroad.

Chadians passionately sentforth their army with chants of encouragement to fight BokoHarm. As a nation, have we done the same?
True talk

(1) (Reply)

Have Southern Nigerians Become Foolish Again? (opinion) / Chadian Troops Enter Nigeria To Battle Boko Haram (pic) / Photo,deputy Governor Of Ekiti Aides Shoot A Guy At Pooling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.