Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN (9534 Views)

More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) / The "Boko Haram Are Not Muslims Because They Have Killed More Muslims" Excuse / Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians- UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
The United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has raised the alarm that more Nigerians may be displaced in the coming days as a result of the resurgence of Boko Haram in the country’s north-east region.

Peter Lundberg, OCHA humanitarian coordinator for Nigeria said in a Press Conference in Abuja on Tuesday that the main driver of the humanitarian crisis in the north-east continues to be the threat of Boko Haram.
He said up to 1.8 million people remain displaced across the six states of the north-east.

“The onset of the dry season enables greater mobility and the number of attacks on civilians has increased, which could see further displacement to the main centres,” OCHA says.

The organisation also expressed concerns that the use of suicide bombers may continue targeting crowded areas to maximise fatalities and create fears.

Data provided by OCHA shows that 338 Boko Haram related incidents have been recorded this year alone in the north-east with at least, 2,553 fatalities recorded within same period.

OCHA also raised concern about cases of right abuse in the Internally Displaced Persons camps, saying it was making effort to sensitize women and children on safety measures.

Speaking on the right violation in the internally displaced persons camps, Lundberg said OCHA’s job was to work towards the prevention of such cases.

He said efforts will be directed towards the provision of food to the displaced persons as well as those who have returned to their communities, as scarcity of food was responsible for the right abuse on the women and female children in the region.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/boko-haram-displacing-nigerians-un/

1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by etcme(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
Just tell those guys that their days are numbered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by prince9851(m): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
by dis time last century, it was northeners who were displacng and Slaughtering biafrans shouting araba! araba! (which means seccesionist), dat one was not enof, dey came to us in 1967 and killed 3.5million môre biafrans...today boko haram is doing d same to dem..

d moral of dat story is dat no mata how long it takes or how fast u run, d law of karma will always come to u.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by onatisi(m): 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
Immediately the girls were released ,boko haram became deadlier and the dullard plus his fellow fools keep telling Nigerians that no money or boko haram commanders were used as exchange!!!
I have said it that this will be the worst government in the history of Nigeria ,ppl didn't believe me then

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by chiwetaluAGU(m): 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
cheesy grin
Asi egbugonu nwokea ana akpo liar mohamade

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by danmasani101: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
onatisi:
Immediately the girls were released ,boko haram became deadlier and the dullard plus his fellow fools keep telling Nigerians that no money or boko haram commanders were used as exchange!!!
I have said it that this will be the worst government in the history of Nigeria ,ppl didn't believe me then

Its already the worst & most corrupt government so far. Breaking all records for the wrong reasons.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by onatisi(m): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
danmasani101:

Its already the worth & most corrupt government so far. Breaking all records for the wrong reasons.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by danmasani101: 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=51068208][/quote]

www.nairaland.com/3465478/herdsmen-kill-31-sack-4#51041683

Herdsmen (mobile wing of BH) are spreading their terror to other parts of the country.

Some of us cautioned our people not to vote for Gen. Cassandra because we knew he has nothing to offer but they said they have to vote him based on religion.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Paperwhite(m): 12:16am On Nov 16, 2016
In a government with a general that was supposed to "lead from the front" according to the midget VP but every steps all the way have been fatal. undecided Behold what "Change" has caused. undecided

16 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Paperwhite(m): 12:18am On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=51068208][/quote]My dear-you seems to have the spirit of discernment.I'm baffled but kudos bro.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:55am On Nov 16, 2016
hmmmmmm

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by eezeribe(m): 12:58am On Nov 16, 2016
OK
Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Chugavey(m): 1:23am On Nov 16, 2016
Waging war from both ends with obsolete ammunitions... I don't even wish for my enemy to join Nigerian force right now, cos BUBU is hell bent on sacrificing gallant men like lamb.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by kettle84(m): 1:56am On Nov 16, 2016
prince9851:
by dis time last century, it was northeners who were displacng and Slaughtering biafrans shouting araba! araba! (which means seccesionist), dat one was not enof, dey came to us in 1967 and killed 3.5million môre biafrans...today boko haram is doing d same to dem..

d moral of dat story is dat no mata how long it takes or how fast u run, d law of karma will always come to u.
karma always finds its way in time.no matter how long it takes.

23 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Firefire(m): 4:41am On Nov 16, 2016
onatisi:

Very useless government with brain-dead followers.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 16, 2016
2,533 casualties.. 338 attacks...

Our media outfit truly are either being gagged or corrupt.. This is the first most of us are seeing this casualty death rate and attacks.

I personally think that. With all these true words coming out.. Buhari's support numbers are declining by the day within all aspect.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by chemicalDisease: 5:19am On Nov 16, 2016
etcme:

Are you the one counting it?

20 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:45am On Nov 16, 2016
Esseite:
2,533 casualties.. 338 attacks...

Our media outfit truly are either being gagged or corrupt.. This is the first most of us are seeing this casualty death rate and attacks.

I personally think that. With all these true words coming out.. Buhari's support numbers are declining by the day within all aspect.
I once said on this forum that our media house(s) are not reporting the real events on ground about the fight against terrorism but, guess what, zombies attacked me left, right & center that day and at the end of the day I was tagged IPOD Yoot & Wailer as they always do. My very tight friend(a soldier) has been in Bornu state for over three years now, we always chat about events on ground & what he always say about fight against terrorism is different from what our media house dishes out to the masses. Buhari & APC has gagged our media house, they can't talk and the worst part of it is that the top military men are not helping out either. They always report what the FG would like to hear. If you are still in doubt, Why Is It That At Times Foreign Media House Would Report An Attack In Maiduguri But, None Of Our Indigenous Media House Would Carry The News??

if you are still doubting, do you remember that earlier this year it was reported that 105 soldiers were missing. The army debunked the news but, its true. Boko Haram Are Annihilating & Decimating Our Soldiers On Daily Basis, But To Buhari Supporters, WE ARE WINNING THE WAR AGAINST TERRORISM..

Remember that Buhari made us & UN to believe and understand that boko Haram has been technically defeated, but that same Boko Haram attacked UN convoy. Buhari and APC are pathological liars, but Buhari in particular is a monumental failure..

I Will Lead The Way Against Terrorism- Buhari..

Buhari Promised To Visit Bornu State.

Has He Done Any Of These?? Your guess is as good as mine.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by etcme(m): 5:48am On Nov 16, 2016
chemicalDisease:

Are you the one counting it?
Did you just convince me now that you are one of them or an informant?
Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Mujaheeeden: 5:55am On Nov 16, 2016
onatisi:
i would have said more but you arre a true prophet hee and your words always comes to pass

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Mujaheeeden: 5:57am On Nov 16, 2016
etcme:
continue bragging while BH runs roughshod over Nigeria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by MrEverest(m): 5:59am On Nov 16, 2016
They should keep intimidating the media and blocking them from reporting the attrocities boko haram is doing in the NE. No one is fooled, if a number of high ranking army officers are being killed with reckless abandon, then the rank and file with civilians are endangered species!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by MrEverest(m): 6:01am On Nov 16, 2016
onatisi:
FACT!

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by etcme(m): 6:27am On Nov 16, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
continue bragging while BH runs roughshod over Nigeria
What I do? Are you one of them?
Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Abeymills(m): 6:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Buhari is evil n very wicked useles old fool

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by henrydadon(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2016
angry

ah the thunder way go fire buhari still dey receive modification

[img]http://i./3o7qE4opCd6f1NJeuY.gif[/img]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by loomer: 8:00am On Nov 16, 2016
But government no let us hear of attacks na.

Who dey lie?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by veekid(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2016

okay next
Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by ceeethru(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2016
Boko haram suddenly regain their strength after the release of 21 chibok girls. The rate at which they have been attacking military base and villages is high now. Hope we are not going back to square one?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by jeeqaa7(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2016
UN ... please leave nigerians and their problems ... we trully are our own enemies

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by dunkem21(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2016
There's no more BH in Nigeria lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2016
What a Con3

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu / Discos Are Sabotaging Fg’s Efforts - MURIC / Employment Slots Scandal: SERAP Calls On ICPC, EFCC To Probe Senate, MDAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.