Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Crude Oil Prices:obj:yaradua:gej What Really Happened To The Foreign Reserve/eca - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Prices:obj:yaradua:gej What Really Happened To The Foreign Reserve/eca (679 Views)

Buhari's Health: His Time Is Almost Up Like Yaradua, World Will Be Shocked - FFK / Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista / Foreign Reserve Has Risen By $2.89b In One Month Under Buhari – Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crude Oil Prices:obj:yaradua:gej What Really Happened To The Foreign Reserve/eca by deflover(m): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2015
when i hear OBJ saved more i begin to wonder if alot of people know much more about the market ....... i want to break it down through facts and movement of the price of crude oil which i know its not by obj good looks that made him enjoy a boom nor is it by GEJ stealing that made him enjoy a side ways market....

i will be using different lines to tell a story so please bear with me as you see these lines.....the problem is there are a lot of misinformation flying around and now one has thought it wise to show nigerians how things work.....
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BLUE LINE REPRESENT OBJ

THE PURPLE LINE REPRESENT YARADUA

AND THE YELLOW LINE REPRESENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN.

i will start with obasonjo...as at may 29 1999 when obj came to power the price of crude oil has hit a low of $16.96 and a steady boom came into the market and soared to $78.40.....we saw a period of boom like never before in the international market......did obj do anything to get this boom and surplus money that he had so much to save in the excess crude account, pay off the debts and also have money to finance the budgets with minimal debts on nigeria.....the answer is no.....will you call him lucky since he had a profit margin of $78.40-$16.96= $61.44 range ...

No obj had a govt who happened to fall within a boom in the oil industry and was able to build power plants, build roads, fund the lust of our national assembly and all the other goodies the country enjoyed...

now came 2007 and obj handed over to yaradua ...

as at the time he handed over to yaradua the price of crude was @ $65.80 for may 2007.....this price soared higher to peak @ $147.19 and did yaradua get lucky well i cant say but he too had a nice run on the international market and we saw a steady flow of more petrol dollar....so we had yaradua having so much till it fell below the price obj left for him and crashes to $33.12.....did yaradua do something wrong to be punished by the market....no it was all about supply and demand.....and the market moved up again for a while crossing the obj mark of $65.80 till it got to $78.40 in may 2010 which was the same month yaradua died....

so GEJ got this price and we didnt see a boom nor fall but a market that moved up for a till may 2011 to peak @ $114.86 and fell to $74.60 and moved up again to $110.56 of 2012 march and fell again to $77.28 on same 2012 june, before picking up again to $112.22 on August 2013....and falling again to $91.24 on january 2014 before it moved to $107.71 on june 2014 before we are having the biggest crash of the moment....

so one can see that the said times if compared the market did have a steady up movement for OBJ and yaradua while for GEJ it was just up a little down a lot till its present crash....

did GEJ do anything to cause this for himself.....the answer is a big NO NO.....like Jesus said when they asked of the lame man....master who sinned....is it this man or his parents that he should be born like this....Jesus answered niether this man sinned nor his parents but that the works of God may be made manifest in him......

please we should try to understand this as best as we can......i am a retail investor so i tried to make this as easy as one can read the crude oil chart .

God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

View KATSINA APC Live Presidential Rally / If You Were A Governor,would You Impose A Successor? / Hiring The Next President: Percentage Rating of GEJ And GMB for the job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.