Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,639 members, 7,854,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

Did The Bible Justify Stealing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Bible Justify Stealing? (643 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Does The Bible Justify Lusting After People's Husbands Or Wives? / Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Bible Justify Stealing? by buccal(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
Was at the service this morning so a verse of the bible was called.that's proverbs 6: 30-31 the verse goes thus:
30 Men do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy
his hunger when he is starving. 31 Yet if he is
caught, he must pay sevenfold, though it costs him
all the wealth of his house. This verses got me wondering, is there a justification for stealing? Can someone steal if only you want to satisfy your hunger,but if you are caught,you should return what you have stolen and we can't say its a sin. And we are always told there is no little or big sin before God. Don't know if anyone has got a better understanding of this verse.you could share please.
Re: Did The Bible Justify Stealing? by Isomerizm(m): 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Don't mind the bible jare. You might wanna try it to clear your doubts.
Re: Did The Bible Justify Stealing? by tola9ja: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Did The Bible Justify Stealing? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
while I wait for a teacher I will like to say that the bible itself comprises of the good and the bad choose the good side that you may life well

(1) (Reply)

We Killed The People Of Baga, As Our Lord Instructed Us In His Book – Shekau / Can You Believe These? / Why A Muslim President Must Rule Nigeria Now Or Never

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.