Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why Manchester City Lost To Arsenal Today - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Manchester City Lost To Arsenal Today (966 Views)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal today at 1:30pm / Photo: See The Cause Of Manchester United 3-0 Loss To Arsenal. / Gabriel Paulista ‘to Join Arsenal Today’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Manchester City Lost To Arsenal Today by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
[b]Congratulations to Arsenal FC and Coach Arsene Winger for a well crafted and played game. Arsenal FC were impressive in their approach and the way the players carried out the coach's instructions. It was a well deserved victory and Man City Fans should look more into our play than the officiating errors that took place.

The players of Manchester City looked weak today. Some will say Arsenal players stopped us from playing our game but I saw different. The players were not driven and did not give in enough.

Aguero does not deserve criticism because our mid fielders did not create good chances for him.
The first point I will like to talk about is the set piece scored by Giroud. It was a replica of the goal scored by Everton in our last match. It is unbelievable that Arsenal FC played the same method and the result was the same. Many will want to put the blame on only Fernando for letting Giroud go unchallenged but the blame has to go to Joe Hart. He should have taken a position close to the attacking players and he would have been able to get that ball out. 

In the game against Everton, Joe Hart came out to deal with the ball but he stood far away from the attacking players and was late to deal with the ball. This time, he chose to stay put. That was even worse. He should have been close to his six yards box and should have been out quickly to deal with the ball. I hope Coach Pellegrini and his crew handle this.
This was the wrong game to drop Mangala. Some might argue that we were not under much pressure but what Mangala brings to the side is defensive pace. Kompany was rash in his decision because he knew without him in defence, pace would be lacking. Arsenal FC are a pact side and playing Fernando and Demichelis was a wrong combination. I hope Coach Pellegrini tackles this.

Lack of creativity. Without Nasri, Man City looks out of touch with only Silva being the creative one. Milner and Navas offered nothing creatively and it affected our chance of creating goals.
Aguero played as a creative attacking midfielder for Independiente and Athletico Madrid. He is perfect to feel Nasri role and Edin Dzeko leading the line. We looked sluggish on the ball and the interchanging changes needed to unlock the solid approach of Manchester City was not there. I hope Coach Pellegrini and his crew noted this and handle it in our next game.
It is still a long season and I hope we keep working on our game and pick up in our display.

COME ON YOU CITYZENS.

http://wearecitizens..com/2015/01/why-manchester-city-lost-to-arsenal.html[/b]
Re: Why Manchester City Lost To Arsenal Today by acenazt: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hahahahahahhahahahhaahhahahhahahhahahhahaha Man City Cityzens of crap. Chelsea up on your backs like you a cross Breed between a goat's stupidity and a donkey's idiocy. Up Blues!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Manchester City Lost To Arsenal Today by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:06am On Jan 19, 2015
acenazt:
Hahahahahahhahahahhaahhahahhahahhahahhahaha Man City Cityzens of crap. Chelsea up on your backs like you a cross Breed between a goat's stupidity and a donkey's idiocy. Up Blues!!!!!!!!
The league ends in May. This is still January.

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm / Premiership Player That Impressed You The Most Last Season. / Who Is The Best Actor/faker In Modern Day Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.