Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai (6808 Views)

Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo / Tony Anenih Refuses To Honor EFCC Invitation / You Have No Excuse To Fail, Perfom Now – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 11:46pm On Dec 22, 2008
mark my words, these guys have a lot to hide.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by BOSS7: 11:55pm On Dec 22, 2008
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew Cre8tivity would be on it, but she's very controversial in her view as she thinks Ribadu's not done enough and now she's against El-Rufai, but she's trying to support DapoLam in his quest to be Nigeria'a congress man.

What's up now?

It's seems like you're into padipadi government, are you?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by brownbonno(m): 12:37am On Dec 23, 2008
Femi Babafemi

Head, Media & Publicity

21/12/2008

advertisement

Nasir El-Rufai replies:

The Facts Speak for Themselves

1. On 18 Oct, 2008, the EFCC vide a letter with reference number (CR: 3000/EFCC/ABJ/BF.2/Vol.33/389) wrote my client, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, to present himself before the commission to clarify matters relating only to petitions written against him with regard to a petition by Suleiman Yahya of Rosehill Nigeria Ltd, on:
i. Allocation of so-called PHCN land
ii. Allocation of NIPOST land

2. In a reply to this invitation dated 28th Nov., 2008, on behalf of my client Mallam El-Rufai, I intimated the commission about the strenuous nature of his studies abroad and impending Fall Term examinations he was about to take. I requested from the commission a questionnaire on the two subjects for my client through me, which he would gladly fill and assured that I will be at hand constantly to clarify any issue perturbing the commission since I am knowledgeable of the matter.

3. Strangely and most inexplicably, the EFCC proceeded to issue a 2 week ultimatum to El-Rufai to appear before it or it will declare him a wanted man for a matter that has endured for 2 or more years, is not of urgent national importance, and with a lawyer who has comprehensive documentary brief at hand to speak on his behalf at the EFCC.

4. Feeling apprehensive about the strange logic and difficult to explain nature behind this ultimatum, El-Rufai approached the Federal High Court on 15th December, 2008 for the enforcement of his fundamental human rights which are now under severe threat. Court papers were duly served the EFCC on 16th Dec., 2008 (copy attached).

5. In a bizarre and most disturbing turn of events, the EFCC, in utter disregard of a court order, validly served it, and as a servant of an administration that prides itself as a respecter of rule of law and due process, proceeded to declare El-Rufai wanted with fanfare, and in all available mass media channels, not for only the so-called PHCN and NIPOST matters for which he was invited to appear before it, but also for an unrelated issue of N32 billion proceeds from the sales of FGN properties in the FCT which has never been an issue between the EFCC and El-Rufai.

6. Regarding the issue of the N32 billion alleged unaccounted for proceeds from the sales of the FGN properties which the EFCC is now clutching unto as the basis for its ill-advised and illegal action, the records show the following:

i. Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai was FCT Minister Between July 2003 to May 2007 and supervised the Ad-Hoc Committee on the Sale of FGN Houses in Abuja during the period.

ii. The Committee for the sale of FGN Houses in the FCT functioned under El-Rufai’s chairmanship between 2005 and May 2007. Public servants handled the sales processes and all the proceeds of sale were collected by the Chairmen of the Ad-Hoc Committee (Dr. Abdu Mukhtar and Mr. Abbas Umar – who are still in the service of the FCTA). The FCT Director of Treasury, Mr. Ibrahim Ibrahim Habu Sule handled all financial matters relating to the proceeds of sale. He is still in the service of the FCTA.

iii. The Gross receipt as at 31st May 2007 stood at N55.88 Billion, from the seven rounds of public biddings. Walk in sales was also conducted in May, 2007. These accounts were jointly audited by Akintola Williams, Deloitte, Touche and Aminu Ibrahim & Co., and submitted to the Incoming Administration.

iii. It seems that the genesis of the alleged missing N32 Billion stems from the report of FCT Senate Committee that conducted public hearings on FCT Administrations (1999 – 2007). On page 44 of its report the committee claimed that:

“also on sale of FGN Houses, the total receipt is 96.7 Billion and deductions were N34.2 Billion and the balance was given as N62.198B The Bank statements show only N29 Billion, leaving a balance sum of N32 Billion unaccounted for despite all demands from him Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai and his officers.”

iv. Not only are these statements false, and this is partly why we have challenged the validity, fairness and legality of the entire report, in the Federal High Court - but also no one ever requested the officers named above (still in FCTA’s service, and not “El-Rufai and his officers”) to provide any information, which was not furnished.

v. It is clear that the Senate Committee reached it’s conclusion based on a submission of the FCT Adhoc Committee on sale of Government Houses, containing updated records of transactions up to April 2008. By this submission, total receipts have grown from about N55 billion to N96.74 Billion over 73% from the situation in March 2007. Most of these collections were made in the nearly one year that Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai was no longer Minister of FCT.

v. Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai wishes to place it on record that the Senate Committee, EFCC or any other body never at any point requested him to clarify or explain any issue relating to proceeds of sales of FGN houses. Even if they did he can only account for what happened when he was a Minister, and certainly not thereafter.

vi. The submission of the FCT Adhoc Committee on sale of FGN houses to the Senate Committee clearly accounted for the N96.7 Billion received at April, 2008 (and El-Rufai has nothing to do with collections beyond May, 2007) as the following data shows:

advertisement

S/No.
Item

Amount

Deductions

Total Receipts

Transfer to CBN (75%)

Transfer to FCT (25%)

Expenses

Refunds (to 2,191 persons)

Returned Drafts and Bank Charges

Total Deductions

Available Balance

a) General Accounts

b) Facility Accounts

c) Un-banked Drafts

Sub Total

d) Application Fee

Grand Total

It is clear that there was no basis for the Senate Committee to declare N32 Billion “unaccounted for”, and even if there are explanations to be made, it is for those in charge after May 2007 to do so. This is simply an attempt to smear El-Rufai’s reputation by blaming him for the incompetence, greed and sloppiness of his successor.

vii. Interestingly, the immediate supervising Minister in charge of FCT, Mr. Remi Babalola, was reported to have publicly declared that the accounts for the sale of FGN houses have been fully reconciled and N46 Billion was recovered and transferred to FGN accounts with CBN. Even though this has nothing to do with Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai or his tenure as FCT Minister, a more pertinent question to ask will be how the money was recovered and under what circumstances? Where had the money gone to when El-Rufai was being accused of “not accounting” for it?

viii. It is also pertinent to remind every agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria that the issue of the legality of the smear campaign against El-Rufai, including “N32 billion unaccounted for”, and indeed the entire Senate Committee’s report are issues for determination before a Federal High Court, a matter that should ordinarily not attract this kind of commentary but for the EFCC’s unwarranted action. During the substantive determination of the issues, we will evidence and witnesses that will answer some of the motives behind this whole charade, and will not want to say ay more.

http://www.saharareporters.com/Elrufai_v_EFCC.php
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by netotse(m): 1:07am On Dec 23, 2008
this is a vicious cycle, el-rufai forgot an important law, be kid to the pple u pass on ur way up u jst might meet them on ur way down, he and ribadu had too much action during OBJ's regime, they were jst talking anyhow up and down the place((they both did a lot of good i agree)and now they're reaping the rewards of all the misyarns and misdeeds, this brings to mind something i heard cecilia ibru say recent, she sed twas from her mother and i quote
", if u have a point to make and u dont package it well then u've missed it, " he missed the point and now he's paying,
this brings the words of one song to mind, one day bushmeat go catch the hunter, lol

this is not to say i condone wot the efcc under farida waziri is doing o! to me she is the worst of the kind, a toothless bullpuppy not even bulldog!
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by GettysBurg: 1:41am On Dec 23, 2008
Wrongly applied parable!

How do you be kind to criminals and wrongdoers? Then what is order in society all about?

When someone breaches the order, he should be corrected. Have you been to Abuja in recent times? You would appreciate what El Rufai did, and of course,
denigrate what his successor did or didnt.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by McKren(m): 6:02am On Dec 23, 2008
The problem with Waziri is that she does not investigate anything.

As soon as a petition lands on the table she starts haunting the accused to come for questioning. She must be thinking she is doing some kind of marriage counselling.

Not everyone has all that time. Like someone said, she should do her homework and charge El-Rufai to court. If El-Rufai is convicted in absentia in a court of law, the British will not give El-Rufai anymore VISA when his VISA runs out.

lets wait and see where all this drama will lead us all to.

For the facts check out

http://saharareporters.com/Elrufai_v_EFCC.php
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by otukpo(f): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2008
I feel very disappointed reading the opinions of brownbonno and his likes on this topic. It is the people like him that has made this country to be in this rotten state that it is. With people like them, corruption and hypocrisy will continue to be in Nigeria public service.

I really do not want to abuse anybody, cause it is not decent to do so. But i think it is only a daft, or a paid agent of those people they are promoting that will reason the way they do.

Obviously, some people really do not want Nigeria to move forward, they dont wish Nigeria well and they dont want Nigeria to be free from the clutches of poverty, hunger, hopelessness and sickness that the actions of our corrupt leaders have put us in.

With the Likes of brownbonno that are bent on supporting evil, the likes of Ribadu and El-Rufai, i feel very sorry for this country cos the future might be more bleak than we imagined.

Those that are trying to shield Ribadu and El-Rufai from justice, i urge u to have a rethink, because those people paying you to do so, does not have the interest of u and ur future generations at heart. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by otukpo(f): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity
you suck your mama breast well well.
Ride on girl.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by andyzoga: 8:30am On Dec 23, 2008
After reading carefully most of the contributions here,I wonder the kind of leaders this country is still gonna produce in the nearest future. People here are full of hatred and bitterness rather than looking for the way forward(411). What is El-Rufai presence at the EFCC's office got to offer this country?? I think HARD WORK should be recognised in Nigeria,the young can now boast without minding whose ox is gored,of achieving in the interest of the nation,what many of those after him now can't achieve in the FCT . I stand to be corrected:Abuja is now a better place than he met it! Let us shun politics of bitterness all because some people now feel they're now in the corridor of power and can do and undo. We all know this to be witch-hunting. I think there are many problems in this country vi:EDUCATION,TRANSPORT,SECURITY,ECONOMY,etc which should bother us more
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by SegzyJoe(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2008
@poster
I think sensible people on this forum should first and foremost ask themselves why is it that the only people being hounded by AGF, Okiri, EFCC and the Ibori of this world are the people that tried in their own little way to savage our decayed society. Out of about 40 ministers that served OBJ, why do we keep hearing the name of Ribadu, Soludo, El-Rufai? why are these people being subjected with all maners of frivolous allegations? Or is that to avoid wahala, all you need is to go to government, steal the money cool, don't disturb anybody and just go your way jeje. Is there no conscience in this nation again? Yet some people like Muza and cre8tivity are always ready to defend this insanity.

The point is this, if these evil men think they have clout and influence in Yar Adua govt, why can't they just go after OBJ, atleast he's still alive, why runinnig after people that served their country well. Can you imagine the committee that probed El-Rufai was chaired by a man who's building was demolished and one of his land revoked? The deputy of the probe panel's land was also revoked, yet they sat in council to probe El-Rufai and made their recommendations, all appeal to make them resign on allegation of conflict of interest in the probe was rejected by the two gentlemen. How many criminals living in Nigeria have they declare wanted? My fear is not even for those of us adult, but for the coming generation that will think selfless service to the nation is a taboo. Nigeria is setting an unprecedented path to self destruction.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2008
how would you define an individual that is running from facing the law? there is no such thing as " because of my studies i can't honour fbi's EFCC's invitation". this is nothing but a total disrespect. moreover, it brings more attention when this kind of statement comes from one of our role models. who the hell exactly these people think they are?

@ Creativity - U missed the point, FBI does not Invite you for questioning, See the case of the sitting gov of chicago, He was arrested, after they had conlcuded their Investigation, Dont understand why u cant get ur head around a simple process, Investigate a crime then effect arrest. Not sending of Invitation; see it some kind of party IV.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by chidichris(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2008
any investigation concluded before a confrontation with the culprit is incomplete.
police can gather enough information before inviting or arresting anyone so el rufai is still innocent and that is why in law it is called invitation. it is only when he fails to clarify himself b4 efcc that he will be arrested and detained and possibly charged to court.
assuming he meets with efcc and they ask him where is N32b and he said i gave it to Mr. O, the next thing will be efcc inviting Mr. O to ask him if the funds was given to him.

mamajama, you are the most stupid thing that i have ever seen in my life. a couple of months back, you will always storm this forum with efcc arresting criminals and now is not longer efcc, it is waziri now.
you claim to be living in the usa, tell me the situation with the ILLinios governor. does he have a lawyer or not? is it possible for el rufai to ask his lawyer to represent that gov in need.
what happened to clinton when he had issues with monica lewinsky?
why is it that almost all the top guys in the obj's regime has refused to face this particular efcc? what is the difference between efcc and ribadu?

okonjo iweala, a western trained economists had been invited once to testify and she did the same and went back to her base without telling nigerians that she is working. a clear conscience fears no accusation.
most people are saying el rufai will die, why? how many people have been killed during theo yar adua's admin.? was killing part of their own tenure?
they all lived by sword and they must die by sword-that is just biblical. the evil that politicians do in nigeria are living with them and their supporters.
most of the govs that endorsed thrid term agenda have been in the corridores of powers since then enjoying one political appointment or the other.
while the anti thrid term govs are still moving from one court to the other.
if mentioning of names here is important, Ibori, igbenedion and kalu were all anti thrid term and their ribadu induced court cases have been online while achike undenwa the then imo state gov who was the first to endorse third term is now a minister. odili who was asked to drop his presidential ambition or face efcc is still a free man till date. jonathan goodluck who worked with ribadu in impeaching alams later enjoyed the gov's seat and is now the vice president of nigeria even without our consent.
who among the past govs is a saint and who are the scape goats?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2008
move darling, you just don't get it. just because efcc has invited your boys doesn't necessarily mean they've done anything wrong. what is killing your boys is the ridiculous excuses they've given for not honoring the invitation. and just in case you did not know, fbi does invite people for questioning all the time, just because people in united states obey the rules and regulations doesn't mean fbi doesn't invite them. without questioning few people surrounding an investigation, how the hell do you expect a successful outcome? move love, this is why i tend to ignore you most of the time, you just don't think properly before posting.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Muza(m): 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2008
chidichris:

any investigation concluded before a confrontation with the culprit is incomplete.
police can gather enough information before inviting or arresting anyone so el rufai is still innocent and that is why in law it is called invitation. it is only when he fails to clarify himself before efcc that he will be arrested and detained and possibly charged to court.
assuming he meets with efcc and they ask him where is N32b and he said i gave it to Mr. O, the next thing will be efcc inviting Mr. O to ask him if the funds was given to him.

mamajama, you are the most stupid thing that i have ever seen in my life. a couple of months back, you will always storm this forum with efcc arresting criminals and now is not longer efcc, it is waziri now.
you claim to be living in the usa, tell me the situation with the ILLinios governor. does he have a lawyer or not? is it possible for el rufai to ask his lawyer to represent that gov in need.
what happened to clinton when he had issues with monica lewinsky?
why is it that almost all the top guys in the obj's regime has refused to face this particular efcc? what is the difference between efcc and ribadu?

okonjo iweala, a western trained economists had been invited once to testify and she did the same and went back to her base without telling nigerians that she is working. a clear conscience fears no accusation.
most people are saying el rufai will die, why?
how many people have been killed during theo yar adua's admin.? was killing part of their own tenure?
they all lived by sword and they must die by sword-that is just biblical. the evil that politicians do in nigeria are living with them and their supporters.
most of the govs that endorsed thrid term agenda have been in the corridores of powers since then enjoying one political appointment or the other.
while the anti thrid term govs are still moving from one court to the other.
if mentioning of names here is important, Ibori, igbenedion and kalu were all anti thrid term and their ribadu induced court cases have been online while achike undenwa the then imo state gov who was the first to endorse third term is now a minister. odili who was asked to drop his presidential ambition or face efcc is still a free man till date. jonathan goodluck who worked with ribadu in impeaching alams later enjoyed the gov's seat and is now the vice president of nigeria even without our consent.
who among the past govs is a saint and who are the scape goats?

very true!
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
chidichris:

police can gather enough information before inviting or arresting anyone so el rufai is still innocent and that is why in law it is called invitation.
Are u saying that the above are the same thing; not in my books, An Arrest is an a arrest, heard of warrant of arrest yet to hear of warrant of invitation, Arresting someone does not mean they are guilty, even with all evidence acquired it the job of the court of law to decide if one is guilty or not.
it is only when he fails to clarify himself before efcc that he will be arrested and detained and possibly charged to court.
Did u read the his reply above; if it was as simple as asking him a question there is no need for him to be physically represent,

El-rufai has also appeared at the public hearing to answer questions and account for his part in the FCT
The Problem am stating is that if we are saying that things should be done correctly; that we should stop handing out invitations; arrest this guys after u have concluded investigation and charge them straight to court,
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2008
i still find it very unbelievable to realize the high number of lost young nigerians. how could you condone anyone to disregard the rules of law? it is totally absurd. we may have bad leaders and we may even have a bad country, but we must never allow these set-backs to prevent us from understanding the importance of obeying the rules of law. now that el-rufai and ribadu have made it known that efcc could kiss their behinds, how would you feel if another 40m citizens start following the same foot steps of these "your role models"? what you guys are doing is not that different from what adedibu's supporters did during his time.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

move darling, you just don't get it. just because efcc has invited your boys doesn't necessarily mean they've done anything wrong. what is killing your boys is the ridiculous excuses they've given for not honoring the invitation. and just in case you did not know, fbi does invite people for questioning all the time, just because people in united states obey the rules and regulations doesn't mean fbi doesn't invite them. without questioning few people surrounding an investigation, how the hell do you expect a successful outcome? move love, this is why i tend to ignore you most of the time, you just don't think properly before posting.

I do get it; What am saying is that it is not a wedding or tea party that invitations are being sent out for; u say all men are equal before the law; so those the robbery suspect that steals N1 million get same invitation as someone suspected of stealing N32 Billion ?
That is why am saying; there is no need for invitation; conclude ur investigations and then arrest any bastard that is found culpable, Not the press fanfare thats happening,
Btw, What planet do u live ?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2008
i wouldn't be surprised if el-rufai is arrested by uk officials and deported back to nigeria. regardless of the matter, people over there in uk understand the importance of rules of law. i think it would happen soon.
just in case you did not know, ribadu has finally realized his mistakes and he's now willing to submit. i just wonder how long it would take you people to see clearly that for any progress to be witnessed in our country, we, as the citizens of nigeria must first be willing to obey the rules of law at all time. it doesn't matter if bad leaders are in-charge, the rules of law must be obeyed. it is that simple.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2008
move baby, if you know anything about carrying out a complete investigation, especially the one that involves top federal government officials from the last administration, it is a standard rule to exhaust all options by ensuring that all stones are turned before making your conclusion. any silly mistake may result into a very embarrassing and devastating outcome. i guess, you did not know this simple rule, but i can not blame you, afterall ribadu, your role model didn't know this rule either. he rushed like a figure head into 95% of his operations, and this is why none has been resolved as yet.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

i wouldn't be surprised if el-rufai is arrested by UK officials and deported back to Nigeria. regardless of the matter, people over there in UK understand the importance of rules of law.
i think it would happen soon.
-This shows Ur ignorance regarding how the rules of law are applied in the UK, The EFCC or FG have to provide evidence that makes the above action necessary, the home office minister has to be convinced that his fundamental human right will not be infringed upon, Both the AGF & EFCC knows this,so unless they are able to this; u can keep dreaming
just in case you did not know, ribadu has finally realized his mistakes and he's now willing to submit. i just wonder how long it would take you people to see clearly that for any progress to be witnessed in our country, we, as the citizens of Nigeria must first be willing to obey the rules of law at all time. it doesn't matter if bad leaders are in-charge, the rules of law must be obeyed. it is that simple.
Until those charged with enforcing the Law; start enforcing within the remit of the law; in the correct order; with victimisation & prejudice, no progress will be made, IT IS THAT SIMPLE
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

move baby, if you know anything about carrying out a complete investigation, especially the one that involves top federal government officials from the last administration, it is a standard rule to exhaust all options by ensuring that all stones are turned before making your conclusion. any silly mistake may result into a very embarrassing and devastating outcome. i guess, you did not know this simple rule, but i can not blame you, afterall ribadu, your role model didn't know this rule either. he rushed like a figure head into 95% of his operations, and this is why none has been resolved as yet.
This is the point am making, if by the time his has be done; and the investigating officer sees a need to taking further action on the matter; instead of inviting the suspect u proceed to effect an arrest, It is that simple,
U need to learn to argue contructively without attcahing personal sentiments, Ribadu cannot be my role model becos i have never stated that he is; that i take a stand based on integrity rather than liason maybe a strange concept to u
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2008
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew Cre8tivity would be on it, but she's very controversial in her view as she thinks Ribadu's not done enough and now she's against El-Rufai, but she's trying to support DapoLam in his quest to be Nigeria'a congress man.

What's up now?

It's seems like you're into padipadi government, are you?

sorry boss, i just hate hypocrites, who think they're smarter than the rest. i do not know what it is, but from the way these bushmen "ribadu and el-rufai" have been handling things, something tells me that they have a lot of reasons to hide.
dapolam on the other hand is a young man who is trying to change the page, i believe in giving people a chance. i will never give him credit or take anything away from him because of his father's performance as the gov of oyo state. and i think this is how it should be.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Muza(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2008
But when carrying out an investigation,u need to question some suspects,
especially when  shocked huge amounts are involved.
And in this case the suspect happens to be the one time powerful former minister of FCT.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
This is the point am making,  if by the time his has be done; and the investigating officer sees a need to taking further action on the matter; instead of inviting the suspect u proceed to effect an arrest,  It is that simple,
U need to learn to argue contructively without attcahing personal sentiments,  Ribadu cannot be my role model because i have never stated that he is; that i take a stand based on integrity rather than liason maybe a strange concept to u
move darling, you can not complete an investigation without questioning 5 to 50 people. that is the point and the right way.
now, if you're invited by fg, it is your duty as a great citizen to immediately make yourself available, so that an investigation could be completed on time. any delay from you may jeopardize the successful outcome. this is what we have been preaching. ribadu as a former top fg official understands the importance of questioning people during investigation, but he refused to work with fg. now his best friend is pulling the same stunt. and you people see nothing wrong with this ridiculous action. it is sad, very sad indeed. we want a better nigeria, but we do not want the proper steps toward improvement to take place. a great example of lost souls.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2008
do you want me to list how many former top officials ribadu questioned during his time as the chairman of efcc? do you want me to list what happened to many nigerian citizens that did not immediately respond to ribadu's invitation?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2008
do you think ribadu and el-rufia have 2 heads each? do you think these people are too damn special to obey rules of law just like you and i?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

move darling, you can not complete an investigation without questioning 5 to 50 people. that is the point and the right way.
If U r Investigating a minister; and u have questioned all his juniors and have not found any issue to charge him with; what sort of investigation r u conducting, arresting and charging him to court based on evidence collated does not make him guilty, that is a pronounciation that a judge will make, if the FG or EFCC have such evidence instead of making silly noises in newspaper .they should contact their Uk colleague and arrest will be effected,

now, if you're invited by fg, it is your duty as a great citizen to immediately make yourself available, so that an investigation could be completed on time. any delay from you may jeopardize the successful outcome. this is what we have been preaching. ribadu as a former top fg official understands the importance of questioning people during investigation, but he refused to work with fg. now his best friend is pulling the same stunt. and you people see nothing wrong with this ridiculous action. it is sad, very sad indeed. we want a better nigeria, but we do not want the proper steps toward improvement to take place. a great example of lost souls.
that is incorrect, u failed to take into account convenience to the individual, in this case which el-rufai has made known, Appearance is also @ the discretion of the individual whilst a bench order is compelling, This same guy has appeared for questioning during the senate public hearing, did u read his retort above
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

do you want me to list how many former top officials ribadu questioned during his time as the chairman of efcc? do you want me to list what happened to many nigerian citizens that did not immediately respond to ribadu's invitation?
This is Exactly the point am making, Whilst ribadu was NIPSS if the EFCC wanted him for questioning they could have just gone there and arrested the man, just like he would have done to any other person in his time, Instead they where making noise in the dailies, Can u please supply information where EFCC stated that they wanted Ribadu for questioning

Likewise in the case of El-rufai, if they have evidence of him being culpable they can enlist the help of the MET police, the school he is in , is public knowledge; what we need is action not press fanfare,
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2008
move love: when you're invited by efcc, what would your excuse be?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2008
the problem is, if it turns out that El-Rufai is innocent. All creativity has to do is to change name and continue her propaganda.

This time she might turn into a heamophrodite, having moved from male to female.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by chidichris(m): 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2008
when ribadu wanted to arrest orji uzo kalu, kalu wanted the court to stop efcc and ribadu was telling nigerians how criminal minded kalu is and most of us here were jumping up and down but today the same ribadu wanted to take efcc, ministry of justice, the police and fg to court for the singular act of efcc wanting to question him.
that this administration is celebrating prof. Iwu today for his excellent perfomance in the april polls does not stop another govt tomorrow from inviting him to explain why he exposed nigeria's inabilities to the whole world or the nollywood from asking him why he decided to perform without their permission.
every admin has heros but what matters most is after the tenure, to what extent will u be celebrated?
we all knew chukwumereije during ibb, mustapha and the bamiyis during abacaha but after the tenure, what next? obj's regime celebrated such heros as ribdu, el-rufai, adedibu, chris uba, andy uba, tonny annenih, bode george, borishade, fani kayode amng whom only few have been invited. am not celebrating yet. my prayers is that let there be a real transission that will see a real man on seat and nigerians will be ashamed of what the last administration did.
upon we call war against corruption with ribadu, have we asked if the rate of corruption in the last admin is high or low.make me a president tomorrow, the likes of late adedibu will cease to die until he explains his position in the last admin. the likes of chris uba will tell nigerians the punishment for coup and reconfess what he confessed to nigerians before on how he rigged ngige into power.
who is blind about the evil ways of the last admin? who was deaf when obj made an open announcement that the election was going to be a do or die affair. can a normal person say this in a democratic setting?
our president yar adua recieved a house as gift from el rufai and he returned it after been president, what about the others? who is el rufai to hsare govt lands and properties and who are worthy to recieve all these gifts?
till date, ribadu did not tell nigerians what transpired in the nigerian ports authority as he investigated under obj.
the list can never end but as long as there is God  in heaven who have seen the sufferings of the poor masses in a country of plenty, they will never go free.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

move love: when you're invited by efcc, what would your excuse be?
No Excuse, If the time is convenient i will appear; but they have to pay for my flight and accomodation, as I dont work for them, The present EFCC are going about things in the wrong way, they should do the right thing, dont care who ox is gored,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The New Look Of A Federal Road Governor Ugwuanyi Of Enugu Is Constructing(pi / See What Okonjo-iweala Was Spotted Doing After Her Posters & Atiku Surfaced Onli / CJN, Tanko Study Law Without English & Mathematics (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.