Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Islamic Concept Of Human Nature - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Concept Of Human Nature (1124 Views)

Concept Of Marriage In Islam / Concept Of Cleanliness In Islam / Hajj: A Model Of Human Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by AgentXxx(m): 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
Asalam aleikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh smiley

In the name of ALLAH, The Most Merciful, The Most Beneficient.

INTRODUCTION: Islam and Christanity, the two religious systrm with massive following, project polarized conceptions of human nature. The attitude of christainity toward creation of man is essentially negative while Islamic attitude is essentially positive. Christainity believe that man is a product of sin i.e he is genetically tainted, he is cogenitally flawed. But Islam reject this attitude, it believes that the creation of man is a positive achievement, not an aberation, he is the relization of Divine Will, not a deviation from it. he is materialization of a purpose, not a refraction from it.The basic polarity in the two religious attitude is reflected in the attitude of the practitioners of these religion.

In islamic phraseology, al fitrah means creation. But it is not creation in the generic sense. it is reduced to its essentially human parameters. Thus it relates to the specifically human creation and exclude from its orbit other form of creation. We are therefore primarily concerned with human nature, and not with other varieties that may stake other claims as natural products, apparently with a matching degree of aggresion & inflexibility.

An eminent muslim scholar, Imam Raghib Asfahani observes "Nature is the creation & origination of things vested with apparent capacity to perform any act." (Zamakh: Al kashaf vol 3 Pg 377).

Thus, human nature is fundamentally the capability to opt for any particular conduct, positive or negative, that is vested in a person at the time of his creation.
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by AgentXxx(m): 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fitr and Iftar shares the same etymological origin, They signify the act of eating and drinking at the end of fasting. The action of iftar is a two-prolonged phenomenom.

At One Level, it suggest the termination of an existing situation and initiation of a new one. the period of time extending up to sunset represent the existing order, the order of restraint and prohibition, while the act of iftar represent the resumption of eating and drinking.More clearly, it is the replacement or substitution of a previous condition by a new condition.

At the Second Level, it is a fulfilment of Allah's will, the performance of an obligatory act as HE has ordered muslims to conclude the fast by sundown, which is obviously the fulfilment of Divine will.

The Quran elaborated the concept of creation of mankind at many places

For Instance: Then set face steadily and truly to Faith, establish God's handiwork according to the pattern on which HE has made makind, there is no change in Allah's creations, that is the standard religion (the right path) but most among mankind do not understand." Quran 30:30

The Quran statement is supplemented by a Prophetic remarked reported by Aswad bin Sare "Every child is born with the right nature".Tafseer ibn katheer vol 3 pg 432

It is further reinforced by the words of Jabir bin Abdullah "Every child that is born conforms to the true path".

This means every child is vested with fitrat-e-saleema at the time of his birth, he is born with the potential capacity to think and act fairly. it is immaterial whether his birth takes place in the house of a muslim or a non muslim.it is infact the birth right of a child, irrespective of his racial, tribal and ethnic affliations.

Abu Hurairah has also narrated a prophetic declaration which lends further conceptual strength to the statement and clearly endorse Divine articulation. No child is born but follows the right nature; then his parent make him jew, or a christain or magian, as a beast is born intact (or without defect) do you see one born maimed or mutilated." Sahih Bukhari vol 1 pg 185 ...

To read more on a detailed explanation, y'all should follow this link http://minhajbooks.com/english/Download/bid/263/Islamic-Concept-of-Human-Nature-by-Shaykh-ul-Islam-Dr-Muhammad-Tahir-ul-Qadri.html and download for free the book title "Islamic Concept Of Human Nature" by Sheykh ul Islam Prof Dr Mohammed Tahir ul Qadri.
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by Empiree: 3:31am On Mar 02, 2015
^ Seems like you admire Dr Mohammed Tahir ul Qadri a lot. That's good
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by AgentXxx(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
yes so so much grin...subhanallah! i love the fact he is both knowledgeable in the reality science of the quran (haqiqah) and modern science (philosophy) ... wat about you? read any of his books?
Empiree:
^ Seems like you admire Dr Mohammed Tahir ul Qadri a lot. That's good
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by Empiree: 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
AgentXxx:
yes so so much grin...subhanallah! i love the fact he is both knowledgeable in the reality science of the quran (haqiqah) and modern science (philosophy) ... wat about you? read any of his books?
Sure, i watch his lectures. I read one before
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by AgentXxx(m): 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
okay gud to noe, how did your day go by? got any great book you might want a bro to read smiley
Empiree:
Sure, i watch his lectures. I read one before
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by Empiree: 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
AgentXxx:
okay gud to noe, how did your day go by? got any great book you might want a bro to read smiley
I have actually not been reading him lately but watches his lectures more now. Islamic Book store by me doesnt seem to have his books. Have to check on them again. Those ones I see online are BUY ME NOW grin
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by AgentXxx(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
lol i hate seeing BUY ME sad got loads of his books already for free from his site...i mean books from other authors partaining to wayfaring
Empiree:
I have actually not been reading him lately but watches his lectures more now. Islamic Book store by me doesnt seem to have his books. Have to check on them again. Those ones I see online are BUY ME NOW grin
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by Empiree: 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
AgentXxx:
lol i hate seeing BUY ME sad got loads of his books already for free from his site...i mean books from other authors partaining to wayfaring
Lol.. give me his site pls. They shipped them to you or you meant you read them online?
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by AgentXxx(m): 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
books in pdf form not sure but i think you can also order its shipment [url]minhajbooks.com[/url]..heard about ahmed hulusi? a turk writer, he got free books and can be shipped check [url]ahmedhulusi.org[/url]...are you on facebook i belong to a closed group where peeps share loads of books in pdf form rho
Empiree:
Lol.. give me his site pls. They shipped them to you or you meant you read them online?
Re: Islamic Concept Of Human Nature by Empiree: 12:58am On Mar 04, 2015
^No, i ignored Facebook some 4 yrs ago.

(1) (Reply)

The Biography Of Shaykh Al Baani (1914-1999) / New York Times Enraged Over Showing Of Film On Stealth Jihad To NYPD / For Allah To Approve You, You Must Be Tested.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.