Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting (69718 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Dami Osinbajo Is Gorgeous, Osinbajo's First Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oga you de underrate Jonathan's cluelessness? Person wey ask how much Nwobodo stole? Haba!!! PEJ get sense pass her husband by farrrrr
jaybee3:
I don't believe this story. Surely GEJ is not that callous to express such concern knowing fully well it's going to get out

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by free2ryhme: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
How will he. Not be afraid? A PhD holder who cannot make a comprehensive campaign speech all he keep saying is " do you want to go to jail"? How is that for a president

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whatever happens, there should be no campaign based on religion in this election.

We must talk about the issues...which is the falling oil price(and whether...as a result...severe austerity measures are warranted), rampant corruption, poor power supply, the current security crisis, the current crisis in our education system, our refineries, and tribalism and religous bigotry.

We should as Nigerians reject any Islamist or Christianist lies/campaign...because there are far more serious problems than the religion of the occupant of the Villa...whoever wins.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Jerry2i(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
tongue
lacasa:
And they say Muslims r the problem.

Just see what so called heads of tthe Christian religion are doing.

Getting involved in blatant smear campaigns and undermining the church's integrity cos of Naira notes

I am not against any religion, buut to be frank, Nigerian Christians that follow these evil men have to ask themselves if really Jesus would av ordained this kind of men his Kindred

Manipulate Religion for Jonathan all u want, what many Nigerians like myself know, is that GOD is not a hypocrite and the way He puut Jonna in Aso Villa He will surely remove him

Maybe this year or in Future.

Politics, the PDP way is like a Do or Die affair.

*spits*

God bless u GMB andd PYO, no matter the opposition, ig u will lead us, u surely will.

Sai APC!
they are not christain leaders.Just their church leader tongue[

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nicepoker(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
op u are high on cheap drugs.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by dollarlander: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
jcflex:

Ruffled by the momentum generated by the nomination of Pastor Yemi Osinbajo as General Mohamadu Buhari's running mate, President Goodluck Jonathan is asking a group of Pentecostal pastors to help him avert what he fears could be an impending loss in next month's presidential polls.

Osinbajo, a prominent cleric with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, law professor and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN emerged APC's presidential running mate last month giving President Jonathan and the ruling party, PDP, what is being described as sleepless nights, by sources.

Specifically last Thursday, the President held a meeting in Abuja, with a number of Pentecostal pastors led by Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel, with the main agenda being how to fashion out ways to solve the "Osinbajo" problem.

Sources at the meeting confirmed that President Jonathan confessed in a rather rattled and humbling manner that "Osinbajo is my problem."

According to those at the meeting, the President added that "everything was okay until APC picked Osinbajo."

This is coming against the background of wild speculations that APC is an Islamist party and that General Buhari is a religious fundamentalist-which has become one of the main planks of the PDP presidential campaign. While PDP chieftains and supporters have continued to characterize APC as an Islamist party, APC leaders have consistently dismissed such as unfounded, baseless and a scare tactic by the PDP.

Many observers say the nomination of a prominent Pentecostal pastor from the fastest growing church in Africa by the APC may have effectively doused such speculations and the attempt to label the party as one with an islamization agenda.

There has been a rather conscious attempt to make next month's presidential polls a religious one especially in the Southern part of the country where there is a much larger Christian population, observers say.

At the meeting organized by the Executive Secretary of the National Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC) John Kennedy Okpara, President Jonathan poured out his mind that running against a leading Pastor of the RCCG, who is also known to be very close to the much reverred General Overseer of the church, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, is an uphill task.

Sources at the meeting, said Jonathan was ruffled and much distracted as he confessed to the challenge to him, of the APC naming such a person as Osinbajo as General Buhari's running mate.

In response, the Pastors led by Bishop Oyedepo assured the President at the meeting that they would, "starting from today," use every device possible including social media, the pulpit and influence peddling, to campaign in support of President Jonathan and against the Buhari-Osinbajo ticket.

Before the meeting with the President, sources said the pastors held a meeting on the same day to strategize and agree on how and what they would present to the president.

At that pre-meeting, some Pentecostal pastors suggested that they use the opportunity of the meeting afforded by the President to express their genuine fears on growing insecurity in the North with Boko Haram killing and attacking Christians and other innocent Nigerians.

But Bishop David Oyedepo, the most influential pastor at the meeting interrupted the idea, insisting that the meeting was to encourage and strengthen President Jonathan ahead of the elections and not to discuss compelling national issues of concern to majority of Nigerians.

While some of the pastors were shocked and disappointed that Bishop Oyedepo would not allow them to raise important issues bothering most Nigerians, they decided to keep silent not to be seen as spoilsports.

And later after meeting the president, the pastors gathered together again on the same day to device strategies they will use to campaign against Buhari/Osinbajo, with the main scheme being to label the ticket as an Islamist one.

Some of the pastors also suggested that they can influence Christians that the position of Vice President is not an effective one, and that having a Christian hold it makes no difference, although the Nigerian constitution and the order of precedence makes the office the next in rank to the president.

Indeed as if carrying out the resolve, members of the Winners Chapel said Bishop Oyedepo has already started using the pulpit to achieve the goals set out at last Thursday meeting in Abuja.

Some of the members said yesterday Sunday January 18, Bishop Oyedepo raised a prayer point that an Islamist would not become the President of Nigeria in the polls coming next month to the chagrin of many of the church attendants on Sunday.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/19/%E2%80%9Cosinbajo-my-problem%E2%80%9D-president-jonathan-cries-out-secret-meeting-pentecostal-pastors

I don't believe this report. Bishop Oyedepo cannot descend to this level. I know him every at very far distance.
This is an erroneous report.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by bsolo1(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Bigcake:
What biz do i have with politicians? Only N10 reduction fuel price? And Buhari may come in and increase it by N20.... They are all the same with empty promises..

No Burahi is going to reduce it to N20 wink
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by yougos(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
We must VOTE rightly in 2015.

If SOMEONE is;

J = Joyfully
O = On
N = New
A = Assignment
T = To
H = Help
A = All
N = Nigerians

THEN we must also resist anyone who will

B = Bring
U = Us
H = Hatred
A = And
R = Religious
I = Intolerance
CONTINUITY in 2015...is inevitable.

Pls be patriotic and send to others.

SAI Sai sai APC!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Vikkie14: 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Øops!!! I thought it's a CREDIBLE source until i notice it's from Sahara Reporters.

***hiss***
Arrant Codswallop

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Arysexy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
First thing I did was to scroll down and check d source.

No need reading further.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Bruteforce1o1: 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
post=29934599:
At that pre-meeting, some Pentecostal pastors suggested that they use the opportunity of the meeting afforded by the President to express their genuine fears on growing insecurity in the North with Boko Haram killing and attacking Christians and other innocent Nigerians.

But Bishop David Oyedepo, the most influential pastor at the meeting interrupted the idea, insisting that the meeting was to encourage and strengthen President Jonathan ahead of the elections and not to discuss compelling national issues of concern to majority of Nigerians.

While some of the pastors were shocked and disappointed that Bishop Oyedepo would not allow them to raise important issues bothering most Nigerians, they decided to keep silent not to be seen as spoilsports

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Suljosh: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Now that we know.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by tenry(m): 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
I respect Tinubu when it comes to annoiting candidates for elective offices,though he is not a perfect man, his political calculation is second to non. PDP couldn't believe APC would get it right with their VP selection.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by pekeyim: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sahara Reporters can Lie Sha!

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Elypsis(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=jcflex post=29934599][/quote]as for me,(a traimed journalist but not practising) I dnt believe in anytin this so called "sahara reporters" reports as a news agency cos they're fond of libelous and slanderous news materials....stewpid set of pple who are abusing the credibilty of the much revered journalism as a profession....
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
MODS!!!

You need to start scrutinizing LIES from SAHARA REPORTERS before putting it in FP angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by justscorch: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
*yawns* na wa oh politics no dey tire una,abeg anybody wen go,go win.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Newkidoo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
This is a total rubbish jhor!!,who go believe this nonsense..

This story is laughable sha..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by stagger: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sahara Reporters and their lies again. Let them show us a video of that purported meeting: with phones having this ability, surely the so-called source should have had no problem producing this as evidence.

Trust Nigerians with their gullibility to believe any garbage.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by buskopam(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Why won't u call Christains while the heads of islam re busy clearing every thing that can be a stumbling block to Old Buhari. It is not yet over until it is over.I rest my Case
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by todayboy: 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Anything Sahara reporters like make them write all i know we Northerners we never allow a sick man rule Nigeria again, Buhari can never rule Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
No worries my president, i am fully behind you.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
Oga you de underrate Jonathan's cluelessness? Person wey ask how much Nwobodo stole? Haba!!! PEJ get sense pass her husband by farrrrr

So you choose to believe Sahara? angry

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by FreeGlobe(f): 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
I don't believe Jonathan knows who osibanjo is. How does every unconfirmed gossip grace nairaland front-page Seun and co?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

So you choose to believe Sahara? angry
there is element of truth here because Oyedepo is a known Jonathanian

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by ayodot(m): 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
I won't believe the story for now until hear Bishop Oyedepo say something around religious line rather than capacity and credibility.

Enrich Ur MIND

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Durchmann(m): 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
News fabricated in the backwaters of Lagos, where the Sun don't shine...

Very lame reporting. Sahara Reporters have no integrity whatsoever to do any format of journalism. They seem to write jokes and fairy tales instead of real news.

Which way Nigeria?

Well, it's GEJ for me and my house till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
See the traffic viewing this slanderous & malicious lie from Sahara reporters

Anyways my Corkk itches for an Akwa-ibom chick to bang

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by ubyways(m): 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mr oyedepo...is the rule of gel a I will of God? am not sure, the bible say when the evil one rules the people suffered. we are suffering in this country and u are there ganging up against a mandated change. no wounder a common man's child can't have admission into ur university.we nigerians have learned our lesson. Muslim or no Muslim, we stand for change...Sai GMB
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by callmenow: 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
APC FLEXING. I wonder how Osibanjo can influence the polls. He does not register on nigerians. It is more, 'Osibanjo who?' He is infact a liability. He says the opposite of whatever Buhari is saying. Another clueless one

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
If Jonathan like he should go to the Pope for endorsement, it won't help his evil cause. The era of religious politics is over. Mr Oyedepo and co won't save his course. Nigerians have made up their mind to vote amiable Muhammadu Buhari. There is nothing any CAN, PFN, Witches and Wizard Union, Muslim Union or any sycophant group(s) can do about it. Politics is politics, religion is religion. Almighty God can never be mocked. Power belongs to God and he has given the masses the right to decide their leaders. Any pastor, imam, sheikh, dibia or whatever that feels he can manipulate his religious position for political goal will be embarrassed. Sai Buhari/Osinbajo 2015
He could go and kiss the ring of the pope, as he once did, it won't stop him from being kicked.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Newkidoo(m): 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Whatever happens, there should be no campaign based on religion in this election.

We must talk about the issues...which is the falling oil price(and whether...as a result...severe austerity measures are warranted), rampant corruption, poor power supply, the current security crisis, the current crisis in our education system, our refineries, and tribalism and religous bigotry.

We should as Nigerians reject any Islamist or Christianist lies/campaign...because there are far more serious problems than the religion of the occupant of the Villa...whoever wins.
I get what you saying bro!!
But what is christianist again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu / Fatima Ganduje-Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Can Never Come Close To Ajimobi / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.