Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

How Do Carriers Pay 3rd Party Service Providers? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do Carriers Pay 3rd Party Service Providers? (388 Views)

Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services / Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans / Whatsapp Now Permanently Banning 3rd Party App Users. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do Carriers Pay 3rd Party Service Providers? by n3rve(m): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello, I'm seeking a response from anyone with some insight as regards how telecommunication companies pay 3rd party service providers. I've seen several companies integrate their services with carriers. I'll mention two and how they are integrated.

GTBank: With a GTBank account, you can use a USSD code to recharge a mobile number from your bank account as long as the request comes from your registered phone number with the bank.

Jobberman: Customers can easily subscribe to text message alerts from Jobberman. More information here: mobile.jobberman[.]com/smsalerts

How do these work and how are the companies paid? I understand that GTBank can simply purchase credit in bulk from the telecom providers and sell when a request comes in from the carriers (customer using the USSD). In the case of Jobberman, am I completely clueless. Do the carriers pay Jobberman cash or do they give out top-up credit (calculated based on the number of subscriptions and amount charged) in exchange? Does Jobberman pay the carriers or do they share proceeds?

Do you have any information on these processes?
Re: How Do Carriers Pay 3rd Party Service Providers? by kedavra(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
for all things android and the latest cheats on all networks, check out http://www.ibloggtech.com

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Can Now Update users Of Tweets Missed / Xiaomi Wants You To Trade Your Iphone For A Mi Note / Things Too Look Out For When Choosing A Smartphone To Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.