Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services (7308 Views)

NCC To Sanction Telecom Operators For ‘call Masking’ / NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Yarnvibes(f): 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
The Nigeria Senate on Tuesday rose in condemnation of poor services rendered by GSM network operators in the country.

In a motion sponsored by Senator Andy Uba (APC), representing Anambra South Senatorial district, he expressed concern over increasing rate of dropped calls and other unwholesome practices, saying GSM operators in Nigeria have robbed Nigerians in billions of naira.

Explaining experiences of poor services, Uba said, “Nigerians encountered incomprehensible speech and voice quality that sounds like speaking from the bottom of a fish tank.”

He was emphatic that GSM operators were reaping billions from subscribers for services not provided.

Uba’s motion also pointed that it was wrong for subscribers to be charged per minute which he said had given undue advantage to operators as they ended up charging the whole minute if they were drop calls.

He further maintained that GSM operators were recalcitrant to the regulatory body’s directives in the past, hence, he urged the upper chamber to prevail on service providers to refund for disrupted calls henceforth.

Part of the prayers sustained was the directive that Nigeria Communications Commission and other relevant agencies should investigate the causes of dropped calls and see to improving on it.

http://fabinfos.com/senate-urges-ncc-to-sanction-telecom-service-providers-over-poor-services/

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by sotall(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
Welcome development.
The guy below me...na turn by turn. Keep trying , e go reach you someday

7 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by zamwazi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
The guy above me sha...nah so you stop my ftc groove..After so many years on nairaland. .God dey o sad
Mnwhil...Biko make them start with glo..Abeg cry

6 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by SexyNairalander: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
booked
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by seunny4lif(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Nice one
Glo oya make una begin dey provide better network.
But where is the money NCC collected from MTN

7 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Sagay212: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Especially GLO. Sanction them sharply.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by nonxo007(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Glo will suffer aswear, all they do is sign artist upadan, if they want to be record label make them face their signing well and leave network.... Glo record label or globacomm entertainment... Use the money for signing artist to build better infrastructure....misplacement of priority..

14 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Partnerbiz(f): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
You
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Neyo44(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Na dem Sabi...fct for the first time
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Alayorbobo(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ok!!! !

Good move
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Josmila(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Everyday urge, urge, urge, urge, urge... nothing ever changes, services from these telecoms guys still remain shitty

2 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by maberry(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Its high time
Please start with Glo
Them done waste my time too much

2 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by kristian98(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Glo should be specially probed. Nice move Andy. How many likes for the nigga?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Golibe Communication!!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Jaeljael: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
even the reformers needs serious reforms
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by oshe11: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
ntin wud be don as usual...

I supose be FTC bt their network no allow me
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Glo right now...

1 Like

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by maberry(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Neyo44:
Na dem Sabi...fct for the first time
You dey learn work grin

7 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by liftedhigh: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dats Good... But u pple also need to be sanctioned 4 delivering bad govt to Nigerians too!

1 Like

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by bonifieldstun(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Sanction does weyre jare
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by benueguy(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Mtchhhwwwwwwwww
How can MTN increase goodybag from 60 naira to 150?
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by booblacain(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Honestly, MTN network signals has been so horribly poor these past few months.

1 Like

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by EvilMetahuman: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ncc should sanction themself for poor, terrible service.

They fixed data and call rates for telecoms (I don't know where that is done in 21st century)

They collect fines/bribe and embezzled them while networks go on rampage acting like gods.

Scrap ncc. They are totally useless.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Freeman59: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
I swear they should be sanctioned. MTN and GLO should be hit harder.
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by dee02(m): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
About time. No room for mediocrity!!!!
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by thoollz: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
In fact sanction everybody, senate, ncc, glo. Una father.

1 Like

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by EvilMetahuman: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
benueguy:
Mtchhhwwwwwwwww How can MTN increase goodybag from 60 naira to 150?
blame ncc not mtn
They forced these networks to increase data prices.
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by pokipoki: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
The Senate must be stupid for that.
The clown Senate should please tell nigerians the followings;
1. What infrastructure has improved in the last 17 years.
2. Why the Naira was devalued by more than 70%.
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by dadavivo: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
Please abeg, 20GB should be N1,000

2 Likes

Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by DWJOBScom(m): 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
that will be so cool

MTN has dwelt with me so bad , paid for data and wasn't browsing at all
Re: Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services by Bowlexzy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello, I am Samuel Bolu; Freelance computer technician, product manager, web content strategist and social media manager. I have worked with eCommerce companies and also small medium enterprise to help manage and monitor their sites. So do you want to start selling your products on Konga, Jumia, Bargainmaster, SME Markethub etc or you need your products on your site? Or are you new to e-commerce? And you need help registering and uploading your products? With marketing that increases sales? I am Looking for brilliant and exciting idea to help product manage. If you are running an e-commerce company, contact me if you need a product manager and management help. 07035943189 or 08154326177

https://www.nairaland.com/3844154/need-web-content-strategist-e-commerce

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone 7 Plus Vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro / Please, Is There Any Good Phone I Can Purchase With N37,000? / Unlock Code For Huawei G2200 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.