Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President (1533 Views)

Why Obj Suddenly Appeared In Jonathan Last Elder Statesmen Meeting / Is The PDP Certificate Of Registration With Obasanjo, Atiku Or Lamido? / Jonathan Considers Backing Out On 2015, May Support Atiku Or Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by bigB3: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2006
Is OBJ's intention is to protect Nigerian people or to protect himself and his political folks from being exposed and humiliated by the next president? I'll like to know what you guys think.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by OBJ3(m): 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2006
the aim is to protect OBJ, and to a lesser extent his country. The problem with atiku is personal as u all know, O-B-J is vindictive. never forgives, no pardon. so atiku must never rule nigeria. not while O-B-J is still breathing. NEVER angry

IBB had the temerity to stop the 3rd term and he wants to rule. no way. O-B-J must hold the record of the longest serving head of state as well as the only head of state to serve and return.

only O-B-J has that privilege.

nonsense angry
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by otokx(m): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2006
don't underestimate the intervention of divine personalities.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by oshkosh(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2006
Atiku and IBB are not saints. In oposing the third term, these theives were only trying to protect their interest and not that of Nigeria. Not only will that have put paid to their presidential ambitions for ever, it would also have meant another four years at least of EFCC, which as we all know, would have been a big concern to them. I'm still eager to know their source of the billions of dollars they have to their name. At least with OBJ, we can all see his farms. But no. They will not invest in Nigeria, they have bought up oil blocks for themselves and sold on to multinational prospectors then move their billions to Geneva. And you mention them as saints. OBJ is far far better than these lot, and I hold no brief for the baba himself.

Brothers and sisters, lets elevate our thinking. Off all the credible leaders in the land, why do we still mention IBB and Atiku as if they had anything to offer? These men are nothing but criminals. Rogues that will only turn back the clock. This administration has made some gains, foreign reserves being one of them. The kleptomananic duo, should they return, will only continue to acquire bigger mansions abroad, pay the local press to sing their praises, 'settle' most voices of dissent and carry on with business as usual.

There is a general saying that a people deserve the leaders they get. This is proving more and more the case in Nigeria.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by bigB3: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2006
OSHKOSH: Could you please name any Nigerian leader (PAST and PRESENT) that is not corrupted? Don't be blind, they are all the same and the new generations are waiting for their turns to do the same, This is the fact and nature of life. Hence, for Nigerians to stop any one from contesting for presidential position because he or she is corrupted will be unrealistic and ridiculous. Even OBJ knows this fact and that is why is beginning to start up his plan B, which is the Vasta's killing situation, Very soon Nigerian people will get smarter and detect OBJ's true motive.

In order for EFCC to clean up their image, they might as well arrest everybody. This is a corrupted land just like the rest of the world. We need to wake up and understand that there is no such thing as clean leader in Nigeria or else where and I hate to tell you guys that regardless of EFCC effort or noise, corruption is not going anywhere. It is part of life in every society, including USA. One just has to be systematic, For more information you can tap into Bush's administration policy or strategy.

I'm sick of people saying "IBB being our next president will just steal more money", Come on now, be smart, it is easier for IBB to steal more money as a civilian than as a president, Trust me, that is the fact.
And I will not touch OBJ and his OTA farm, that is a whole different topic, OSHKOSH, please don't be brainwashed, This is a game that can never be understood unless you are part of it.

It is uncivilized and crazy lie for any leader in Nigeria to paint himself or herself as being a saint. There is no saint in the cage; they are all the same animal with different colors.

IBB, EFCC and OBJ; their issue reminds me of the bad, the good and the ugly, Don't let no one blind fold you, they are all linked to one another. It is a game, let us just hope for the best for our country.

[/b][b][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by oshkosh(m): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2006
Curruption exist everywhere in the world. But comparing corruption in the US to that in Nigeria is like comparing night and day. I live in the UK and I'm part of the system so I know exactly what obtains. There are roads, hospitals, transport, security, all that work because the money that acrues from tax is being applied efficiently and prudently. Whilst I will not expect this level of accountability in Nigeria, what obtains there is so bad that we constantly appear at the top of every curruption index in the world.

Let's not excuse this behaviour. We must tackle and reduce it, even by 20% will be a major accomplishment. These thieves in public places destroy our schools then send their kids to London for 'proper' education. They destroy our hospitals then fly to London when they get stomach upsets. They destroy the foundations of our society then fly to their mansions for every short vacation they get. How often does the US president or vice fly to Nigeria, England, South Africa, Switzerland for vacation? That's character of leadership which is so lacking in oour country. That's because they believe they have a genuine stake in their country and work to develop it. IBB and Atiku have no descernable business, yet they are billionaires in dollars and we talk of them being persecuted. Even if OBJ is a thief and he decides to bar these other thiefs from office, it's a most welcome development. There are many younger people in the country who can take the nation forward, Soludo and Okonji Iweala being some of them.

I refuse to accept that my country will remain backward and oppresed by it's leaders as it currently is. So excuse me if I don't share your argument that everyone in the country is corrupt, so we should allow that major league rogue IBB/Atiku to rule over us.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by chidichris(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2006
i like the ideas here.
they are all the same.
Obj is nothing but afraid.
we are only knowing the sins and imvestments of IBB and ATiku now bcs obj is still on seat and mind u by the time Atiku comes up he will let nigerians into what they shldknow about baba.
let such not be the case.
let them go bcs they do not have anything to offer.
Atiku participated in the government that has failed to provide nigerian with basic armenities for the past eight years.
he shld be ashamed of himself.
if out of old age, obj has refused to be ashamed of himself, what happened to atiku who appears younger. he shld find a way to commit suicide.
IBB is not worth discussing.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by Mariory(m): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2006
chidichris:

Atiku participated in the government that has failed to provide nigerian with basic armenities for the past eight years.
he shld be ashamed of himself.
if out of old age, obj has refused to be ashamed of himself, what happened to atiku who appears younger. he shld find a way to commit suicide.
IBB is not worth discussing.

LOL
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by joshO: 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2006
Interesting question, I have a counter question for you,

Why was the Nigerian police force so "Paranoid" that they had to eliminate a "law abiding" citizen "Lawrence Anini" many years ago, ?

Why is the force so paranoid that they are "returning fire-for-fire" against the armed robbers on the streets of Lagos.

The answer to this is the same reason why everyone should do their best to ensure Atiku and IBB rot in HELL!!! angry
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by imageman(m): 2:52am On Sep 19, 2006
As far as am concern, Ibb, Atiku and all other old politicians can take a quick jump to oblivion.Ibb in particular can take a quick jump to hell,because that's where he belongs and not to be seeking to be president.One day,the long arms of justice will catch up with all these warp politicians.The best thing for Nigeria is not to recycle corrupt politicians,so let's retire all the corrupt ones for the good of Nigeria.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by BigB11(m): 3:44am On Sep 19, 2006
No-one seems to follow up with the topic.
The topic is no about expressing how much you like of hate IBB and Atiku.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by BigB11(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2006
Some one is reading my mind or my comments. Check this out this article from Thisday newspaper

Umar: Why Presidency is Afraid of Credible Contenders

Former Military Governor of old Kaduna State, Colonel Abubakar Umar (rtd), has cited fear of investigation after leaving office as one of the reasons President Olusegun Obasanjo was at war with those he (Umar) called credible presidential aspirants.
Umar, who is Chairman of a political pressure group, Movement for Unity and Progress (MUP), therefore, concluded that the President would rather induce internal political crisis to truncate next year’s general elections and take advantage of section 135 of the 1999 Constitution “in order to cling to power for the remaining period of his life.”
The former governor, whose views were contained in a press statement, titled: “A Time for Vigilance”, also contended that the President had other concerns sufficiently serious to scare him from willingly handing over on the 29th May, 2007.
“Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s tenure is marked by an all-time high government revenue earnings but a tenure, which coincides with an unprecedented destitution among the broad masses.
“The minimum action a successor government would take is to ask Chief Olusegun to proffer some explanation. So, presumably, it is likely that the President would rather die in office than face the disgrace of justice which his successor may have to dispense for his ineptitude and his many transgressions.”
Umar warned that given the foregoing, “Nigerians must beware that they may be dealing with a leader that may have strong motives to contrive crisis at the end of his tenure so as to invoke the provisions of the Constitution (section 135) in order to cling to power for the remaining period of his life.
“We feel therefore duty bound to call on all Nigerians, especially members of the National Assembly, to remain vigilant and be fully prepared for any eventuality. We must be prepared to defend this democracy and our country no matter the cost.”
Giving a kaleidoscope of political, social and economic developments in the country in the last few months, the MUP chairman said Nigerians have justifiable reasons to be alarmed by the run of events in the country over the past several months, particularly over the past week or two.
He added: “Discontent and restiveness are escalating and are spreading to hitherto stable and peaceful corners of the country. Growing bitterness and animosity among politicians is fueling a frightening outbreak of hate and antagonism; citizens are getting increasingly divided along ethnic, religious and sectional camps. People have been seized by apprehension and fear; fear for their security and apprehension over their future and the future of their families.”
Umar cited the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which he described as an organization starved of funds and which appears not prepared to conduct credible election, “because the federal government schemes to subvert preparations for the 2007 polls, it has ensured that INEC runs from pillar to post, struggling to put together within three months what it ought to have been allowed three years to do.”
Besides, he alleged that the federal was not ready to relinquish to power to a successor government next year because the “multi-pronged assault and virulent campaign against persons showing interest in the seat Chief Obasanjo is occupying, has intensified.
“This assault is especially vicious upon those that appear to possess good chances of winning, thereby leaving on the stage those whose prime motive in joining the race is probably to be known and addressed as ‘presidential aspirant’. He is prosecuting this operation by using, or, rather mis-using the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).”
Further questioning the pragmatism of the EFCC, Umar frowned: “In the six years while Chief Olusegun Obasanjo doubled both as president as well as Minister of Petroleum, he disallowed access to the books of the NNPC, not even to the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Commission, RMFC. However, early this year, against sustained pressure, when the HART Group, the international firm of auditors, looked into those books, what they found was mind boggling.”
Raising more questions, he challenged the EFCC to provide answers to the puzzle Nigerians have been facing on the identity and lawmakers who allegedly received N50m each to support constitution amendment to accommodate tenure elongation for the president as well as unveil the identity of the financiers.
“Billions of Naira of sleaze money was known to have been shared among many members of the National Assembly to get them to endorse the 3rd Term Bill. In the night of Wednesday, the 10th and Thursday, 11th of May, 2006, some patriotic Nigerians accosted dozens of National Assembly members at the premises of a commercial bank in the Wuse area of Abuja collecting and stacking millions of Naira into the boot of their cars. The number plate of some of the vehicles used in carrying the sleaze money was recorded and published in the press. Some staff of the bank volunteered information, including the name of the account from which the money came.
“Despite these, the EFCC officials later said they were unable to investigate the scam unless the public fully ‘cooperated’ and come up with ‘more’ details. In the end, EFCC walked away and headed straight to Zamfara state where they made a rich harvest of arrests — of cashiers and other officials of the state government.
“Their offences, we were told, was that they were pick-pocketing government money and the figures range as lowly as their lowly official positions. As we speak, over 60 days since their arrest, the hapless ‘pick-pockets’ of Zamfara state are still languishing in EFCC detention cells while the Commission remains unable to arrest any of the takers or givers of the billion Naira 3rd Term bribe in Abuja.
On the contentious Transcorp shares, Umar asked: “Why would the President purchase shares in a company that is evidently being given unfair advantage by the government he heads?
“At what price did the President sell his shares if indeed he has sold them and how much money did he make in the deal?”
On Obasanjo/Atiku feud, Umar said: “It is too early to pass any judgement or even comment on the issue while revelations are still flowing in from the two camps. We call on Nigerians especially the media and civil rights groups to keep an open mind on this issue and only pass judgement when both sides are fully heard. We have an opportunity to test this government’s sincerity in its war against corruption. We must not squander it by being biased.”
He therefore argued that since the “executive arm of our government has imploded and has become a clear and present danger to the security and integrity of our democracy,” opportunity has offered itself to the other tiers of government, particularly the parliament, that Nigerians look up to for rescue.
“It must rise to the occasion and apply its enormous powers to restore order to the country. The National Assembly must be resolute, patriotic and unshaken in discharging its constitutional duties. The National Assembly must play its patriotic duty of salvaging and protecting our most cherished democracy as did similar parliaments in similar circumstances in history.
“The National Assembly must move speedily to conduct a high-powered enquiry into the activities of the President and the Vice-President which brought about the current crisis and mete out appropriate sanctions to either or both officers found culpable.”
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by Odeku(m): 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2006
THAT IS RUBBISH perpetrated to stop OBJ ambition to prevent crooks like ATIKU and IBB to ever rule Nigeria again
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by joshO: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2006
I sympatize with Umar, he was decisively, shut out during the entire OBJ's tenure, despite his desperation for relevance. No taking away any credit due to him, but he is starting to sound more and more like the dis-illusioned man he has suddenly become.

As the elections approach, expect to hear more and more of these rants from those seeking attention, self promotion and relevance relevance in the coming dispensation, something the uncompromising OBJ adminstration failed desperatly to accord them.

I'm however keen to know the 'credible' candidates he refers to are, IBB? Atiku? Ogbeh? Kalu?

These people should learn that national interest should preceed theirs, and accept that time has come for the many quasi leaders and opportunists of yesteryears to vacate the stage for capable and solid leaders, able to chart a new path of prosperity and stability for our beloved nation.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by jaso1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2006
Guys,
I perceive what is happening in this nation now as drama with full of commedy and stragedy. i pray we should able to see the end of the movie. whataver baba is doing now is spiritual and he himself doesn't know where the whole drama is heading to, is just been furtune that this started in his era.  the stragedy part of it is for those looters while the formal is for we reputable nigerians. we all don't need to rush neither fear, we only need to feel relax and enjoys the drama.
Re: Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President by OBJ3(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2006
OVER MY DEAD BODY WILL I LET ANY OF THOSE CROOKS RULE THIS COUNTRY

IDIOTS

NONSENSE

(1) (Reply)

Blockbuster Atuegbu Is Dead! / Anenih Godson & Inlaw Ugbesia Denies Collecting N500m / Define Nigeria In Your Words.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.