Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates (28680 Views)

APC Releases Timetable For Edo Governorship Primaries / BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Wahala90: 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
I laugh at Nigeria! A coupist dictator who cut short democracy, killed innocent Nigerian youth and massively disrespected human rights is suddenly the saint who wants to redeem the country! grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by AnanseK(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
Last time he absconded, he chickened out, his stand was vacant, he could not rise to the occasion , will he be there this time? Time will tell but either way he will vacate Aso rock come May 2015.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by pauldehero(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
a new hope for nigerian music, who said
nigerian artist can not win grammy,then u
are wrong, : lets make the glo network the
best in africa,download glo
unlimited ,artist
contact,paulheromusic@gmail.com.YOU
can port right now...Glo unlimited ....http://
www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
sucess001:
[size=20pt]make una dey decieve una selves...e go surprise all of you when jonathan go just go dey debate with Phyno or Olamide...no be so him do with dbanj for last election?[/size]
cheesy grin grin

But I recall Buhari missing a debate with OBJ in the run-up to the 2003 election.
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by omolami: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
I am wondering how the NEDG will go ahead to invite buhari whose certificate saga is on d front burner,who is yet to be considered qualified to contest election to the debate.If pdp has gone to court on the issue,then it will be prejudicial by NEDG to invite buhari to d debate.If pdp has not gone to court,i advise they do so immediately.Illiterate is not,wanted in aso rock.Lets see how d court wants to shif the post and rubish our constitution.f
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Gboliwe: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
It will be a very hilarious session. I am already laughing just imagining the outcome. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by adeA1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Sure! The prgrmm wll be highly welcom eventhough I envisage power bein interrupted on that day but the like of NIRALAND blog shall not leave the members in darkness. My very concerned Nigerias' elites I believ its worthwhile at this aged period Nigeria to deduce the actual discripancies in nigeria cert and its intellects. My point is that many nigeria Phd holders lack what it take to have such reverred cert.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by xtian234(m): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
debo07:
Osinbajo vs Sambo.....LMFAO.....Sambo go sh*t for body dat day.I'm confident GMB will also knock off GEJ. #APC CHANGE!!!!!

How on earth will u compare Gej with day stak illiterate am yet to see his qualities as a president he can never be Nigeria presidemt
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by omolami: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
I wonder how NEDG will go ahead to invite buhari to d planned debate when he is yet,to clear his certificate sage.If d case is in court,it will be prejudicial for the grp to invite him. If pdp has not gone to court i advise they do so immediately.Let the world see how d court will rubish our constitution as expected or otherwise.May be qouta system also work on constitutional matters
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by ThisisBuhari: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
am waiting to hear GEJ on whether stealing is corruption or not.
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by VoteWisely: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
"I got a lot of empty promises until YouWin, no YouWin, no Robotech2
-Ibrahim Raji - Lagos

#VoteWisely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=484nEnGFOMM
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by debo07(m): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
xtian234:

How on earth will u compare Gej with day stak illiterate am yet to see his qualities as a president he can never be Nigeria presidemt
wot abt ur Phd president dat said stealing is not corruption.even an illeterate can't make such statement.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by 989900: 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
BokoHaramm:
A plane was about to crash and there were only four parachutes in the plane. Meanwhile there were five passengers in it .The first passenger was Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the best footballer, I cant die now". So he took one parachute and jumped out of the plane. The second passenger was Aliko Dangote and he said "I'm the richest man in Africa and I'm too young to die". So he took the second parachute and jumped out of the plane. The third passenger was General Buhari and. he said: " I'm the person with the highest integrity in Nigeria and I'm about to win presidency so I can't die now, my people still need me". So he took one and jumped out of the plane.Then the remaining two passengers left werePope Francis and a little school girl.The Pope said to the little girl "take the last parachute, I'll sacrifice my life for you".The little girl replied "No need for that. There are two parachutes left".The Pope asked "How come?"The little girl replied; "General Buhari took my school bag"

lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by patrickmuf(m): 3:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
They should make sure GEJ doesn't runaway this this time and D'banj should respect himself...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by ooshinibos: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
BokoHaramm:
I will like to hear GMB english and how he will stabilise oil price that day.
either GEJ or GMB can control global price ..its a supply and demand issue globally
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by teejayone40: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
BokoHaramm:
A plane was about to crash and there were only four parachutes in the plane. Meanwhile there were five passengers in it .The first passenger was Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the best footballer, I cant die now". So he took one parachute and jumped out of the plane. The second passenger was Aliko Dangote and he said "I'm the richest man in Africa and I'm too young to die". So he took the second parachute and jumped out of the plane. The third passenger was General Buhari and. he said: " I'm the person with the highest integrity in Nigeria and I'm about to win presidency so I can't die now, my people still need me". So he took one and jumped out of the plane.Then the remaining two passengers left werePope Francis and a little school girl.The Pope said to the little girl "take the last parachute, I'll sacrifice my life for you".The little girl replied "No need for that. There are two parachutes left".The Pope asked "How come?"The little girl replied; "General Buhari took my school bag"
U'r a complete fool! We're talkin abt how nigeria will move forward nd u'r mkin dis dry joke..... beta luk 4 sumtin doin bro age no dey ur syd o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by LoveMEBaby(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
dridowu:
i never said Sambo is an illiterate, in every competition someone will emerge first and he/she will beat the other contestant hands down, that is my point, so i guess you need the common sense more than me. Haba i tire 4 una ooooooo
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww
G-O-A-T You'd better talk your mind
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by JumiaQuickSales(f): 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jumia Fashion Clearance Sales is on now!!!

Like us on:

http://www.Facebook.com/JumiaQuickSales

It's pay on delivery...

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by dridowu: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
LoveMEBaby:
G-O-A-T You'd better talk your mind
@bolded, what da fvck is ds ? Don't tell that is how you are trained ? so any1 that fails to agree with your opinion the next thing is that you should abuse them ? Okay, if my previos comment pained you sorry but don't show me your talent again
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by okestev: 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
leshluap:
cant wait.....abeg dem ask dem about their qualifications,, I wan hear wetin Buhari wan say!....
what has Nigerians benefited from your incompetent PhD master in the last 6 yrs...
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Orikinla(m): 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
[size=18pt]Every vote for Buhari is a vote for a better, richer and safer Nigeria.
Where criminals and corrupt politicians will not go unpunished.

The Dawn of a New Nigeria.
A Better Nigeria and A Safer Nigeria.

- See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2015/01/why-there-will-be-change-of-government.html#sthash.6hF0l1MT.dpuf[/size]
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by elbinmanny(m): 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
Kingspin:
Good! Let the educated ones vote for Jonathan and the uneducated go for Buhari afterall, like father like son!
the ones wwy no go school will all BOAT and MESS (VOTE en MASS) in Buhari's voice cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
Joel3:
[size=25pt]

every government anywhere in the world only performs their very best during the first term, this is to ensure they secure a second term in office and a name for themselves after completion of first term.

This will not only guaranty the people trust but also massive support for the government for second term election, and even for him to enjoy as saying thank you for what you have done for us.

The second term is the season of branding the image the government made for itself in first term struggle.

As far as nigerians are concern for 2009 to 2015 that is 6 years, we can boldly say that this is the best of jonathan. if this is the best of jonathan and the pdp we do not want them again.

What jonathan cannot do for 6years he Simply cannot do for another 4 years.

its not by force, You must be selected by the people to serve them in a public office.

bringing back jonathan will be the biggest mistake nigerians will ever make. And his second term will even be worst with what we are seeing. Jonathan has nothing new to offer and we have seen it all and his best.

Watch his campaign tricks. He is attacking personal characters rather than what he has done for good 6 years.

Lets try someone else, look what jonathan has reduce nigeria to.

Think very well before making decision this february 14

[/size]
. Nice one, I need a rethink. What an eye opener
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by okestev: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
debo07:
wot abt ur Phd president dat said stealing is not corruption.even an illeterate can't make such statement.
even a fool can't make such statement..I think the PhD he claimed to have should be questioned!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by BokoHaramm: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
teejayone40:

U'r a complete fool! We're talkin abt how nigeria will move forward nd u'r mkin dis dry joke..... beta luk 4 sumtin doin bro age no dey ur syd o
when was the last time you were happy? Idioot who told you I'm a bro or I'm old, it seems you lost some of your senses from birth. Go and gasp on top of your fellow gay and experience your orgasmic rantings there
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by CzarChris(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
BokoHaramm:
Dude, you're mean. I just fell off a tomato tree while laffing. Guy you just made my week with this.
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by invokegrac: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
The 'Debate Organisers' have set it up to fail right from the beginning.
It is being designed in such a way that nothing substantive will be said or can be taken away from the debate.
What will be the duration of the debates? 3 hours at the most; which means each candidate gets to speak for only a maximum of 13 minutes. It is almost certain that the two principal candidates will be arranged in such a way that there will be no crossfires between them.

It will be Jonathan's waterloo if the other 13 candidates decide to cross examine or highlight deficiencies in his record, but I see the 'Debate Organisers' trying to prevent this. This debate format will be the best option for Jonathan.

To be worth the while the debate should be between the principal contestants (Jonathan and Buhari) because the other contestants will only serve as a distraction. Goodluck Jonathan will still be in a tight spot because Buhari has no record per se to run upon. It will be unwise of Jonathan to attack Buhari's personality or record from 30 years ago because majority of the people think that Buhari's administration was not corrupt. This format will give the populace the chance to be able to dissect the content of their speeches but I don't see Jonathan coming out of this looking good.

A town hall style format where people can be planted to ask pre planned questions may be Jonathan's best bet if the 'Debate Organisers' can get it to work.

Unfortunately, most people who will vote don't speak English and will not watch the debate. So it's not a big deal after all and no undecided voters will be won or lost.

I still think it's a travesty of the Nigerian commonwealth that Goodluck Jonathan and Buhari are the best that we have to offer as leaders. I hope that whoever emerges victorious at the polls leads the country in the right direction.
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Adeyinka12(m): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
BokoHaramm:
haaahaaa ''olorun wa o '' there is Good ooo
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by lozanni(m): 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
debo07:
Osinbajo vs Sambo.....LMFAO.....Sambo go sh*t for body dat day.I'm confident GMB will also knock off GEJ. #APC CHANGE!!!!!

I had no idea you live in dreamland.
GEJ until Roosters grow teeth.
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
eighTHREAD:

Waiting for Jonathan the Runaway Debater.

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

He had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting the 2011 election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he went ahead debating himself alone on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

QED!
Re: Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates by GOGMIG(m): 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
London (NDR) – There is an adage that
says “a lie repeated several times seems to
be true.” This is exactly the case of Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari as regards to the
Nigerian refineries. Many Nigerians, maybe
out of ignorance believe the lie that Buhari
built our 4 refineries. This can be regarded
as the ‘lie of the century.’ If you are one of
those that believed this repeatedly told lies,
this special and well investigated report by
NewsDay Reporters will cure you of
ignorance.
For the records, Nigeria has four refineries
namely Port Harcourt, Alesa-Eleme (PH 1),
Warri, Kaduna and PH 11 refineries.
In 1960, Shell and the then British
Petroleum (BP) now African Petroleum
(AP) came together in a mutual joint
venture that gave birth to Nigerian
Petroleum Refining Company (NPRC). This
process led to the construction of the now
popular Alesa-Eleme (PH 1) in the outskirts
of Port Harcourt with a capacity of
38,000b/d. The construction started in 1963
and was completed in 1965 (in this period,
where was Buhari? he just joined the army
in 1962). As the demand for local
consumption increased rapidly, the
refinery’s capacity was raised to 60,000b/d
after the FG acquired 60% equity in 1970
and the remaining 40% in 1978 through the
1977 decree 77.
The administration of Gen. Olusegun
Obasanjo, in order to enhance the
performances of the oil sector, promulgated
Decree 77 of 1978 establishing the Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
The NNPC initially had five bodies, each
with a managing director. They were all
supervised by a group general manager.
The number of subsidiaries rose to nine
and later 11.
Following the indigenization policy of the
Federal Military Government under the
Obasanjo’s regime, the name NPRC was
changed to NNPC and its equity totally
bought over by the Federal Government in
1978. Therefore, the NPRC constructed the
first refinery in Nigeria generally known as
Port Harcourt 1 in 1965 while the NNPC
built the Port Harcourt 11, Warri and
Kaduna refineries.
However, the Warri Refinery was awarded
by Yakubu Gowon to Snamprogetti Spa
Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari
was the governor of North-eastern state) at
the cost of $478 million and commenced
operation in 1978 (now he was a
Petroleum. Minister). It had the design
capacity of 100,000 b/d.
The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by
Murtala Mohammed in 1976 and was built
by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction
Company - a Japanese firm, at the cost of
$525 million and was completed by
Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari's tenure as the
Petroleum. Minister ended in 1978). It had
two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels
units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes
Asphalt plants).
Port Harcourt 11 was awarded by Gen IBB
in 1985 with an installed capacity of
150,000 b/d and completed in 1989.
Meanwhile in 1985, IBB undertook an
expansion of the capacities of the fuels
units in both Warri and Kaduna refineries to
125,000b/d and 110,000b/d respectively.
He therefore added 185,000b/d capacity to
the total 445,000b/d as at 1989. No further
addition has been added till date.
So, when did Buhari build the four
refineries?
Lets I forget, Buhari has no legacy as a
former Head of State despite ruling the
country with an iron-fist.

MUHAMMADU BUHARI
7th Head of State / President of Nigeria
In office
31 December 1983 – 27 August 1985
Preceded by Shehu Shagari
Succeeded by Ibrahim Babangida

Vote wisely, VOTE GEJ/N. SAMBO. PDP,,

wat we need nw is transformation.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

http://m.mobilewebsiteserver.com/site/live_site_id_79634?nosim=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsdayreporters.com%2Fwhat-s-hot%2F536-specialreport-muhammadu-buhari-did-not-build-any-refinery-for-nigeria-editorial-newsday-reporters.html#2582

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Blackmail" - Okorocha Replies Oshiomhole Over Battle With Catholic Church / Discos: We’ve Offered To Return Our Licences Twice But FG Refused / How Mamu Thwarted Efforts To Rescue Train Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.