Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? (1080 Views)

That Igbo Man Has Finally Arrived Home, His Grand Mother Cried When She Saw Him / Muhammadu Buhari: Great Expectation, Disappointing Outcome By Frank Ijege / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
I heard this from an elderly man but dismissed it as a joke but later heard it again from three different people. it seems that this rumour wherever it originated is now making rounds that the general's (paternal /maternal ) great (grand) mother was an Igbo woman from what is known as Imo state and she named him "OKECHUKWU " before she died which he's never used. HOW TRUE IS THIS?
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Sloan: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yes, it is true! Confirmed!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by RotrEmmanuel: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
No it's not true.
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Sloan:
Yes, it is true! Confirmed!!! grin grin grin

confirmed by who?
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
No it's not true.

what makes it false?
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by menix(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yes he is, his mother was frm Imo.
I loved his mother dearly buh she broke my hart wen she slept wiv my gateman wo happens to b Buhari's father.

U can Pm mii if u nid d full gist...

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by DanielBlanc(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
Oooh yes dats true and the name of his great grandfather is IBINABO, so much for family tree

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by temitemi1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
And his grandfather is a yoruba man... Nonsense!!! GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Blankstare(m): 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lmao..... Omerta
menix:
I loved his mother dearly buh she broke my hart wen she slept wiv my gateman wo happens to b Buhari's father.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Kylekent59: 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
una dey find watin una go take win election, lols
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Trendy247: 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
NO... I mean yes! It is politically true
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
@OP, Yes oo.
Even one his daughters is Igbo.

Source: noblezone
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
noblezone:
@OP, Yes oo.
Even one his daughters is Igbo.

Source: noblezone
adopted daughter you mean?
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
menix:

so im be your step son?
I wonder how old you will be since he is about 70 plus
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Trendy247:
NO... I mean yes! It is politically true

what do you mean?
Re: Is It True That Buhari's Great-grand-mother Was An Igbo? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
Kylekent59:
una dey find watin una go take win election, lols

Nigerian politics na wa oo
Demi wan show say im belong so that AS and SE go follow am the same way Jonathan death add ebele and azikiwe for im name.

so now he is to be called General Muhammadu Okechukwu Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Photo:Meet The Septuagenarian Who Donated N1million 4 Buhari Campaign In Kebbi / BREAKING NEWS: INEC Has Decided To Postpone The February 14 Presidential And Leg / PDP Master Plan For Election Postponement!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.