Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,855 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2336881 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (1108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 9:11am On Jan 18
Levels1:

That has always been hear say from Time memorial

I'm never an agent but I have friends and relatives who equally intend travelling out and still have about 4 families and friends waiting for their passport to be issue at Immigration office so I hope that as answered your question.

Assuming I don't know about this in particular then I will keep believing same.

For benefits of doubt I will mail you now, to show you exactly the details.

Talking about knowing what your agent fill for you to me are just rumors as I won't believe this particular one is favor.

The doesn't have access to the previous as the agent refuse to give him anything nor details before the new one.

You can respond to my mail, I won't be here misleading people. But you can as well tell us just one person you see that such affect if not hear say

@bolded... I know someone personally that got 5yrs ban cos of misrepresentation.
He used 2 different agent on both application but the second agent got him ban meanwhile the agent submitted all the personal information he presented and all documents are genuine. But got ban cos of contradicting information on his UCI.

Well, as for someone you know that got his own approved, I will say grace speak for him and some visa officer are calm and won't go deep while some will focus more on background check.
Any contradicting info will automatically lead to refusal or even ban... Don't play with Kenya VO....

I will not argue further on it cos you just told us your personal experience in such case but as for myself, I will never advice someone to risk such

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 10:04am On Jan 18
oluayebenz:

@bolded... I know someone personally that got 5yrs ban cos of misrepresentation.
He used 2 different agent on both application but the second agent got him ban meanwhile the agent submitted all the personal information he presented and all documents are genuine. But got ban cos of contradicting information on his UCI.

Well, as for someone you know that got his own approved, I will say grace speak for him and some visa officer are calm and won't go deep while some will focus more on background check.
Any contradicting info will automatically lead to refusal or even ban... Don't play with Kenya VO....

I will not argue further on it cos you just told us your personal experience in such case but as for myself, I will never advice someone to risk such

Noted..

But not about argument but rubbing minds.

I asked you to tell me if you ever seen anyone ban on such ground and you did so understanding but won't have given false information if I wasn't involved in the particular one I mentioned.

Anyways God will give all applicants a favorable VO, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Opeyemi007: 10:14am On Jan 18
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:58am On Jan 18
Levels1:

Noted..

But not about argument but rubbing minds.

I asked you to tell me if you ever seen anyone ban on such ground and you did so understanding but won't have given false information if I wasn't involved in the particular one I mentioned.

Anyways God will give all applicants a favorable VO, Amen.

You're absolutely right

You see IRCC ehn, you can never predict or understand how they operate

And Amen to the prayer

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayodayjy: 11:03am On Jan 18
Good morning guy's,

I'm curious cause the more I check the day of application process the more it gets increased.
Checked last year it was 111 now it's 135 or so
Has any September 20th visit applicant gotten emails for approval?
How long does this process take?
Also what's the guarantee of approval after waiting this long?
I would like a kind and matured reply
Thanks, have a lovely day ahead 😎
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 11:26am On Jan 18
oluayebenz:

You're absolutely right

You see IRCC ehn, you can never predict or understand how they operate

And Amen to the prayer

Please do you have any idea if someone that captured 12/12/23 passport will have been ready for collection?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jamolili: 11:45am On Jan 18
Ayodayjy:
Good morning guy's,

I'm curious cause the more I check the day of application process the more it gets increased.
Checked last year it was 111 now it's 135 or so
Has any September 20th visit applicant gotten emails for approval?
How long does this process take?
Also what's the guarantee of approval after waiting this long?
I would like a kind and matured reply
Thanks, have a lovely day ahead 😎

I did my Biometrics since Aug4 2023 and no decision yet
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eaglestsr(m): 12:01pm On Jan 18
Levels1:

Unfortunately you still need your email and the password details to login.

Since you have completed is fees, I will suggest you go back to him and request for the email and password but if after he refused, maybe you involves the police my opinion anyways... Because without that details can't access anything but you can only apply for a fresh one, forget about the saying that you need to know the details he filled for you talk.
Thanks brother I appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eaglestsr(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18
Eriokanmi:
You, Nickelodeon93 and a host of other naive applicants were the reason I posted that long epistle yesterday, out of my very tight schedule. There are useful tips on this thread, right from the beginning, if only you guys could exercise enough patience and read back to back and internalise them, you'd not need any fuckingg agent to help you in filing your application.

Annoyingly, the majority of them don't know jack, when it comes to visa application handling. The few of them too come here to learn, secretly and they suddenly become visa pro. Imagine, he used a wrong state of origin for you..that alone is implicating and a clear proof that, most of them are as good as agberos and touts you see on the street shouting owo mi da. You're much more knowledgeable than they are but because you don't have that patience to read, you always fall prey each time.

Is it the possibility of wasting the money you spent that one would be worried about , or the panick modes they would put you into, or the anxiety...this alone can be killing, especially when others are receiving good news about their application while agent is turning his back at you, after putting you on a long wait. Or is it the risk of being banned by the country you're applying to by submitting fraudulent documents? Sadly, you'd not even detect all these fraudulent activities because the majority of them would deny you access to your profile.

No agent has ever taught me how to go about anything. I read widely. Before NL came up with such a useful thread as this, I had exposed myself to Indian threads, quora, etc on useful visa and travel tips and they've really helped me.

STOP PATRONISING AGENTS,. Its for your own good. Always DIY!
Brother, I understood everything you said. The thing is that I was never intending to meet an agent to handle the application for me. However, my senior brother took me to him because he has helped him with a Chinese visa in the past and he'd developed a trust for him oblivious to him that he could later turn a tiger. Anyway, I appreciate your comment.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayodayjy: 12:43pm On Jan 18
Jamolili:

I hope they answer before I make my decision đŸ€”
Don't use to take this long before a reply..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 1:03pm On Jan 18
Most people here are new applicants or agents trying to recruit clients with bogus stories. If you are an applicant, do not take any advice here as professional immigration advice. Do your own research because I live in Canada, and many people get banned and later have to look for a lawyer, which is not cheap or even just a wasted effort. People should stop attaching sentiment to immigration matters and follow the rules to avoid being banned, not relying on somebody else's friends and family storylines. I just corrected another man on another forum claiming a cleaner earns over 100k in Canada, which is 100% lies. This kind of misleading fake story makes people sell property thinking it's all rosy here in Canada. Let's be patient, do your own research, and know that some just share different fake imaginary stories here for different reasons. If you are an applicant, focus on other aspects of your life, not just online, because IRCC timelines differ. I see many planning to stay back on visitor visas, but that's another episode itself. Jobs are highly competitive in Canada due to over-immigration, so start learning the right skills that will be useful in a competitive market. Most young Nigerians arriving in Canada now lack the needed skills and struggle daily for jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 1:18pm On Jan 18
Eaglestsr:

Brother, I understood everything you said. The thing is that I was never intending to meet an agent to handle the application for me. However, my senior brother took me to him because he has helped him with a Chinese visa in the past and he'd developed a trust for him oblivious to him that he could later turn a tiger. Anyway, I appreciate your comment.
Yes, always do it yourself like i said. Read widely and research on your own. Agents have misled a lot of unsuspecting applicants and their lives have never been same again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18
Eaglestsr:

Thanks brother I appreciate your assistance.

In case of next time, kindly do it yourself and never rely on agent.

If you are finding it a bit complex, you can join a group on telegram called Canada do it yourself( Canada DIT) you will be assisted and guide on how to go about everything.

Say no to Agent

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 1:48pm On Jan 18
Jamolili:

I think it start counting from the day your Biometric was update on the IRCC website and not the day you submitted your application or the day you did your biometric.
. Then you can start counting removing all Saturdays,Sundays, Public holidays and other Canada holidays .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Opeyemi007: 2:01pm On Jan 18
Passport Submitted On Tuesday 16th Of January Vfs Lagos
Passport picked up today 18th.
Thanks to all the contributors here.
Opeyemi007:
Application Submitted December 26/27 2023
Biometrics January 2, 2024
BVL and PPR 15 January 2024.

@Johndooe009 I hope your parents got their PPR as well.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by linconab(m): 2:34pm On Jan 18
Thanks so much for this...i really appreciate it
Eriokanmi:
Hello. Don't entertain any form of worry. Why were you refused? Work on that.

Again, to those uploading all their towns master plans, lol. All you need do is , just follow the simple procedure. Their requirements are precise on their website. If they need more information, they'd contact you. You don't have to pay for any hotel in advance my broda. Hotel and flight booking aren't realistic nowadays too. I booked a hotel for Hungary last September and they were asking me to pay in 24 hours. I cancelled it. I now booked another one and kept it. On arrival early October, the rate wasn't the same anymore and i wasn't informed beforehand.

I booked a flight for a North American trip last week on travelwings, they called me the following day to pay. travelstart does that too. If you don't pay within 24-48hrs, it will be cancelled so, flight or hotel booking in advance is old-fashioned. Visa Processing time is pretty long now and IRCC knows that. Unlike when we used to get a decision within 2 weeks back then. If you go to booking.com, book and keep your details, by the time you're ready to fly after approving your visa, rates won't be the same again because you may have held it for too long due to the ridiculously
long processing time for Nigerian applicants.

Next time, do the following:

Just state you're spending 10 or 12 days and put like 4000CAD (I've always stated this figure right from my first visa approval) and upload an itinerary( places you'd like to visit as a tourist), book some fun parks and upload the bookings, watch before you book, so you don't book expensive ones and overshoot your 4000cad budget. As a tourist, an invite isn't necessary. Under that column on the IRCC website where you're asked to upload your invitation letter just upload the bookings made on those fun parks. Most of them don't ask for payment when booking.

The below is an example of your itinerary...

16th January, arrival in BC
17th visit to XYZ Park and take a short ride
18th visit to XYZ and repeat the visit on 19th and 20th.
21st, travel to XYZ Town and have a feel of the Niagra falls. It takes an xyz hours to get there so I'd rest on arrival. I hope to spend 3 days there(22nd 23rd and 24th), etc.
On Sunday, I'd go to church located at XYZ for service and if you're a Muslim, on Friday, state the nearest mosque where you'd like to visit and pray...though not compulsory,

Just precise itinerary and locations wouid suffice.

Your bank balance was good. Maybe because I've been traveling before, I don't bother myself with the above stories, I only did in my first time of applying. It may be necessary for first time applicants. Even during my first time applying, I didn't have a house or property document so, I didn't submit one. My visa was approved. The IRCC only wants to know that you'd come back to Nigeria after your visit and you've shown proofs that you had a company from what I read on what you stated that you submitted. If you're a member of any professional body or association, you may upload certificates under documents on the portal not your academic certificates except you're applying to study. Also, highlight your leave period in your introduction letter and upload . Your company can sponsor your vacation. It's allowed and don't forget to state that also

There are people who have houses and have sold them. They uploaded proofs, got to Canada but never came back. The VOs are psychologists too, mind you. That 12k is much. Having 100m in your account isn't a criterion for a visa approval. They'd look at your inflows and outflows for the period requested, not just a lump sum deposit. Please take note of this next time. Even if you don't have travel history, it doesn't matter, just be precise, honest and plan well ahead, though travel history helps boost your application, especially to the US. They hardly reckon with visits to UK from experience. My cousin had been to UK 2 times and his visa was still refused until he got USA visa and reapplied with a fresh visa and same documents he uploaded in the previous application. He got 5 years on a 5-year validity passport. I still don't know why usa visa ( valid or expired) is a plus till now. Maybe because they're neighbours.

Try next time, Tell them the 4000cad doesn't include your flight ticket but only for your stay. They'd do the maths with the credit balance and your account performance ( esp the in flows)with the bank statement you uploaded on a rough estimate of your flight ticket . I hope you got my points.

Pls Pardon my long story. I felt you needed help and this would help. Still read widely on this thread. The information garnered would also help you.

Good luck next time.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jamolili: 3:21pm On Jan 18
nkem2023:

I think it start counting from the day your Biometric was update on the IRCC website and not the day you submitted your application or the day you did your biometric.
. Then you can start counting removing all Saturdays,Sundays, Public holidays and other Canada holidays .

How would i know if my biometric is updated?although i got mail from them when i did biometric that says Biometric Only.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nkem2023: 5:32pm On Jan 18
Jamolili:

How would i know if my biometric is updated?although i got mail from them when i did biometric that says Biometric Only.

(1) go to your application status tracker which you have created or
(2) go to the
IRCC website, your email and password which you have created duing your application and check the status of your application.
All this is possible if you did it yourself if not consult your visa agent.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 6:28pm On Jan 18
Hello house I'd like to ask you something about my application, i applied for visiting visa to Canada which my company is sponsoring me and it was written in all documents provided by my company that they're sponsoring me but in my application i mistakenly select am sponsoring myself, i hope this does not affect my application.

I'd like to know your opinions, thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 6:50pm On Jan 18
Levels1:

Please do you have any idea if someone that captured 12/12/23 passport will have been ready for collection?

Captured for Nigerian passport?

I have no clue about passport office o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 7:25pm On Jan 18
I am applying for work permit and I want to fill the form IMM5645. It’s my intention to relocate my family though but should I select NO for now on where it asks “WILL HE/SHE ACCOMPANY YOU TO CANADA” then after approval I can apply for them or I should just select YES?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 8:30pm On Jan 18
oluayebenz:

Captured for Nigerian passport?

I have no clue about passport office o

Yes

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 11:17pm On Jan 18
Good evening house, please I want to book ticket for Vacation to Pearson international airport,TĂłronto.......but I'm worried about what these airlines do to Nigerians and those with visitors visa on transit.

I need a guide on best airline choice that doesn't require transit visa. I tried book united airline it says I need transit to stop at FFK.

I would really appreciate your candid advice ASAP.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 1:18am On Jan 19
XYZJAZZY:
Good evening house, please I want to book ticket for Vacation to Pearson international airport,TĂłronto.......but I'm worried about what these airlines do to Nigerians and those with visitors visa on transit.

I need a guide on best airline choice that doesn't require transit visa. I tried book united airline it says I need transit to stop at FFK.

To where,Canada?
Klm
Air france
Lufthanza
I think i.also.saw ethihad stand
Turkey
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 1:24am On Jan 19
abousanogo83:
I am applying for work permit and I want to fill the form IMM5645. It’s my intention to relocate my family though but should I select NO for now on where it asks “WILL HE/SHE ACCOMPANY YOU TO CANADA” then after approval I can apply for them or I should just select YES?

Do your own first,when successful, you can do theirs later
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 1:32am On Jan 19
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 11:26am On Jan 19
dafeoroyo:

To where,Canada?
Klm
Air france
Lufthanza
I think i.also.saw ethihad stand
Turkey

Yes to Canada YYZ ........The airline you mentioned does it require transit visa to fly them? Have you seen anyone that travel through these airlines.....please I would appreciate if someone can share their experience with me.

Also is Skyscanner a trusted site to book ticket đŸŽ«
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EnglishUsa: 11:30am On Jan 19
Eaglestsr:
What other ways can I get to know the status of my application?

I submitted an application on the June 27, 2023 through an agent. The agent has been paid his money in full and ever since then he has refused to either let me have access to the application or inform me about its current status. To make the matter worse, he created a track account for the application using my UCI and I neither have access to the track nor application. Please fellow Nairalanders, I need your help.
bro be calming down, my was on June also but nothing has happened yet. People that their visas are been delayed for long period of time always got Visa approval, hardly you see any person that his/ her Visa stayed over a year that don't get Visa approval
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 11:44am On Jan 19
My brother PPN arrived this morning. Visit visa
Applied August
Biometric: September
PPN letter this morning. Jan19

Congratulations to us

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:22pm On Jan 19
XYZJAZZY:

With your Canada visa, you can transit through any of the European countries without a transit visa.

Unless you’ve a US visa, don’t book a flight that will route you through US.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XYZJAZZY: 1:37pm On Jan 19
Ashirioluwa:

With your Canada visa, you can transit through any of the European countries without a transit visa.

Unless you’ve a US visa, don’t book a flight that will route you through US.

Thanks you very much 🙏🙏.

Please is Skyscanner a reliable or trusted site to book ticket,other ticket is cheaper than wakanow, travel start and travel wings

(1) (2) (3) ... (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) ... (1108) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: DAramis, apeleone(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.