Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1025) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322241 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 11:16pm On Feb 02
orjohn24:

SOWP applications are rarely refused if your documents are well-packaged and your school qualifies for SOWP. If a college doesn't offer PGWP, it means the primary applicant cannot work, which in turn affects the spouse's eligibility for SOWP. However, since SOWP has been canceled, except you apply to study for a master's or PhD due to current law , this rule does not applies to you since you already a student in canada Your spouse still qualifies.
I would advise you to apply for a CBSA note to understand why the visa officer rejected your spouse application becos most sowp are rejected based on finance and l guess you need to work on finance . Once you know the reason, you can address it and reapply. Applying for a visitor visa and then considering flagpoling should be your last option! I wish you good luck

Thank you very much for your prompt and comprehensive reply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 11:24pm On Feb 02
Orjohn24

Just for the sake of knowledge, what documents do you think I need as an international student to invite my wife over on a visit Visa??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 1:20am On Feb 03
Teeeteee130:
Orjohn24

Just for the sake of knowledge, what documents do you think I need as an international student to invite my wife over on a visit Visa??

Invitation Letter
Proof of Enrollment at a school in canada
Proof of Relationship( marriage cert)
Financial Support Documents
Accommodation Details( where you current live ur lease agreement)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 2:24am On Feb 03
stfadaanthony:
Thanks to everyone here. Asking this question out of curiosity. If I am to book my flight as a visitor to Canada, is it a must to book my return ticket too? Or simply tell the boarder officer you will be booking after the conference. Saying this to safe cost.

Apart from immigration problems at the point of entry, most airlines will not allow you to board with a one-way ticket if you’re traveling on a visitor visa.

Also, one-way tickets are expensive. The price of a one-way ticket is almost the same as that of a round-trip ticket.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1dorzine(m): 5:35am On Feb 03
Canadahome:

Congratulations bro.

Does she have travel history like US or UK visa before?

I have been waiting for my mother in law app since October, no response.

Sorry for the late response, she doesn't have any travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cjnick: 6:53am On Feb 03
Teeeteee130:
Good day guys my wife SOWP visa was refused so I want to apply visiting visa for her.

1. Does her biometric for SOWP visa cover her for the visiting visa or she has to do biometric again?

2. What specific documents do I need to submit from my side (as an international student).

Good day sir.
What’s the reason behind the refusal of your wife’s SOWP?
Please share with us.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 5:43pm On Feb 03
Good day everyone,

I have a question, please. If you have a parent who has traveled on a super visa before, did you need to buy a return ticket, or was a one-way ticket okay? I cannot book a return ticket for her length of stay. My mum will be traveling via KLM.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 6:45pm On Feb 03
Good evening, pls oo. Has ircc updated its website? I am on one that is asking for previous US visa and the entire form has changed.
Pls, anyone has applied recently?

Then, is it possible to use a portal you used before?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 7:31pm On Feb 03
@Emmafe How are you doing bro? My husband sent the mail abt my daughter’s application and i got a response from them the next day which was on the 31st of jan. they also updated the tracker on the 2nd of february for the first time since september last year, but i didn’t see anything on the portal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lebaron0312: 9:45pm On Feb 03
Hello Everyone. My wife and kids got their SP last year, they are in Canada already. My wife is attending a 2 years under graduate progamm due to the new restriction, I am rushing to submit my SOWP. Can someone advise me on the amount for POF knowing that my wife's tuition fees is fully paid and she has secured an apartment? PLEASE, PLEASE, your advice, I beg!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 1:23am On Feb 04
orjohn24:

Invitation Letter
Proof of Enrollment at a school in canada
Proof of Relationship( marriage cert)
Financial Support Documents
Accommodation Details( where you current live ur lease agreement)

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 1:27am On Feb 04
Cjnick:

Good day sir.
What’s the reason behind the refusal of your wife’s SOWP?
Please share with us.

The name on her bank statement was her maiden name and the fund on it was inadequate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 1:29am On Feb 04
How much do IRRC charge for visitor Visa for someone that is not doing biometric again?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:15am On Feb 04
Haryour124:
@Emmafe How are you doing bro? My husband sent the mail abt my daughter’s application and i got a response from them the next day which was on the 31st of jan. they also updated the tracker on the 2nd of february for the first time since september last year, but i didn’t see anything on the portal.
Dey are working on it. Once in a while u cn still send Webform for update.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:58am On Feb 04
Teeeteee130:
How much do IRRC charge for visitor Visa for someone that is not doing biometric again?
100cad
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Topskid101: 6:14am On Feb 04
Pls has anyone who submitted their application October and did biometric in October got response yet, the wait is long. October applicant pls respond.
Ilekunola:
Hello everyone,pls has anyone here that applied October 2023 got response from ircc,i noticed people that applied September has started getting response.thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 6:25am On Feb 04
I think your question could be best answered on the Canada student visa thread or ojc study group because this thread is for visit visa, except you are fortunate someone who has an idea about SOWP here answered you.

My little opinion, though

Lebaron0312:
Hello Everyone. My wife and kids got their SP last year, they are in Canada already. My wife is attending a 2 years under graduate progamm due to the new restriction, I am rushing to submit my SOWP. Can someone advise me on the amount for POF knowing that my wife's tuition fees is fully paid and she has secured an apartment? PLEASE, PLEASE, your advice, I beg!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:01am On Feb 04
When a webform is raised by applicants and treated by IRCC webform agents, IRCC update your tracker if the webform raised is linked to your application portal for the VO to see. You will notice this only on your tracker (and not on your application portal) with this caption: "we have received your update" OR "we received your enquiry", aside the 2nd February last update on your tracker.
Some IRCC webform agents may push an application forward to the embassy in charge for decision if they find it "SO URGENT"
While it is uncertain when you will get a response from IRCC as regards to your child's application, you may raise another webform if you didn't get any response from them in the next 2 weeks from the day your tracker was updated.

Someone on this thread raised a webform for her child too not quite long and she got a PPR 3 days later for her baby

This is just my opinion

Haryour124:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadahome: 7:22am On Feb 04
1dorzine:

Sorry for the late response, she doesn't have any travel history

Thank you.

I didn't submit pay stubs or appointment letter but submitted account balance to show enough funds. Also, stated she will be staying with us.

The baby she suppose to come care for has arrived over a month now and still no response from IRCC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:27am On Feb 04
I believe you should be able to book a one-way ticket on a super visa if students could fly in with a one way ticket. Just orientate your mum coming in with that super visa on what to say at the POE if questioned...."THERE WAS NO RETURN TICKET FOR MY LENGTH OF STAY (MAYBE 2 YEARS) AS A SUPER VISA HOLDER WHEN I WAS SEARCHING FOR MY FLIGHT.

My little opinion

Newmum0615:
Good day everyone,

I have a question, please. If you have a parent who has traveled on a super visa before, did you need to buy a return ticket, or was a one-way ticket okay? I cannot book a return ticket for her length of stay. My mum will be traveling via KLM.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:42am On Feb 04
IRCC response is like a raffle draw grin grin It has gotten nothing to do with who applied first. Only God knows how the sorting is done grin Are we even sure IRCC is done reviewing August and September applications? Don't be surprised a June applicant may still be waiting for a decision here undecided

You can raise a webform for update if your application is more than than the processing time on their website for Nigerians, but while you wait, be hopeful and pray.

My little opinion
Topskid101:
Pls has anyone who submitted their application October and did biometric in October got response yet, the wait is long. October applicant pls respond.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iyaaliyah: 8:35am On Feb 04
Pls, has the website for Canadian visa application changed. This site is asking for previous US visa number. Pls who knows. Good morning
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 9:08am On Feb 04
slimmsyyetty:
When a webform is raised by applicants and treated by IRCC webform agents, IRCC update your tracker if the webform raised is linked to your application portal for the VO to see. You will notice this only on your tracker (and not on your application portal) with this caption: "we have received your update" OR "we received your enquiry", aside the 2nd February last update on your tracker.
Some IRCC webform agents may push an application forward to the embassy in charge for decision if they find it "SO URGENT"
While it is uncertain when you will get a response from IRCC as regards to your child's application, you may raise another webform if you didn't get any response from them in the next 2 weeks from the day your tracker was updated.

Someone on this thread raised a webform for her child too not quite long and she got a PPR 3 days later for her baby

This is just my opinion

Oh thanks so much for this response, i will wait for two weeks to send another mail again. I don’t know why they are delaying a toddler’s visa that didn’t even go for biometric. But i believe since her tracker has been updated for the first time since september, i should get a response anytime soon.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 9:11am On Feb 04
Emmafe:
Dey are working on it. Once in a while u cn still send Webform for update.

Thanks bro🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:30am On Feb 04
Newmum0615:
Good day everyone,

Thank you.
In my humble opinion, by a return ticket for her. At times, difference in price of a one-way ticket and that of return isn't much. This is what you'd do. As soon as she arrives in Canada, open the return ticket. IIt's alid for one year. She can use it to return anytime she wants. All you need do anytime she's ready is update the ticket with the airline. With this, she'd also have an easy clearance at the POE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 10:14am On Feb 04
Please how do you open a return ticket?

Eriokanmi:
In my humble opinion, by a return ticket for her. At times, difference in price of a one-way ticket and that of return isn't much. This is what you'd do. As soon as she arrives in Canada, open the return ticket. IIt's alid for one year. She can use it to return anytime she wants. All you need do anytime she's ready is update the ticket with the airline. With this, she'd also have an easy clearance at the POE
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beejaymic: 11:12am On Feb 04
G morning Fam
I need quick response on dis
Application: August 30th
Biometrics: September 20th
Till now i haven't received any mail from them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 12:23pm On Feb 04
sanyaolurilwan:
Please how do you open a return ticket?

Just call the airline to leave it open and that way you don’t have to keep making several changes, you can just leave it open until you decide on a definite return date but delta airline doesn’t offer that option they’ll tell you to take the unused portion as airline credits

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeeteee130: 1:19pm On Feb 04
Debbieeeeeee:

100cad

Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.