Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2341028 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexini: 3:46pm On Feb 06
good afternoon everyone

i got an email to submit my daughter's passport for visa stamping.

I intend to send it via dhl to their lagos office.

how do i go about this? are there documents i need to attach and any fee i need to pay?

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1dorzine(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06
Canadahome:

Thank you.

I didn't submit pay stubs or appointment letter but submitted account balance to show enough funds. Also, stated she will be staying with us.

The baby she suppose to come care for has arrived over a month now and still no response from IRCC.

Hahaha.. my mum's application took 11 months.. babu was 8 months before it was approved. IRCC can be funny
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 6:11pm On Feb 06
lexini:
good afternoon everyone

how do i go about this? are there documents i need to attach and any fee i need to pay?
All you need is her passport,and the paper given to you during biometric that's if she did....pls when did you submit her application?pls share
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hazy4love: 7:57pm On Feb 06
Kindly assist with the list of document you attached with your application.
Calistadee:
visit visa approved
Applied 26th of December
Biometrics 3rd of January
Passport request 16th of January
Passport submitted 19th of January
Passport returned 24th of January
May everyone get a favorable response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 9:02pm On Feb 06
lexini:
good afternoon everyone

Congratulations… pls when did you apply for your daughter?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by raddyworld: 9:06pm On Feb 06
Good evening All,

Please kindly assist me with answers to my questions.
I want to move myself with family (4) in total to Canada on a visit/tourist vis. But I don't have any travel history.
1. How much is the least amount that will I need for all these process?
2. What are the things need to do aside reservation, POF, visa fee.
3. Can I convert/ change my status to student after 2-3 month on Canada?.
4. Which route is easier with family? conference or tourism
5. How long does the process take before visa is approved after submission?
6. Can I go alone and later invite my family?
Please don't be offended with my questions.
And thank you all for the knowledge deposited.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexini: 9:39pm On Feb 06
Submitted for her September last year

She didn’t do biometrics - she’s an infant.

Ilekunola:

All you need is her passport,and the paper given to you during biometric that's if she did....pls when did you submit her application?pls share
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 10:54pm On Feb 06
The summary of the answer to your questions.....YOU CAN'T MOVE YOUR FAMILY TO CANADA ON A VISIT VISA....Try PR route

You can't change your status to study within 2-3 months. TRY PR ROUTE!!!

Again, you can't go on a visit visa and invite your family on a visit visa status. Try PR route
raddyworld:
Good evening All,

I want to move myself with family (4) in total to Canada on a visit/tourist vis. But I don't have any travel history.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SHITTU4444(f): 4:13am On Feb 07
lexini:
good afternoon everyone

Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ofime123(m): 9:19am On Feb 07
Email me matoddlogistic@gmail.com
raddyworld:
Good evening All,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 12:12pm On Feb 07
raddyworld:
Good evening All,

somebody already offer you an honest advice..you cannot relocate geniuely on tourist visa thinking you can comvert to work or student visa . best option is Express entry route or apply student visa as a master student some school offer 1 yeat master program and u allow to go with ur family as a master student and u get 3 years post graduate work permit instead of gambling ur life and money on visiting visa that will land you on fail promise of lmia and later you end in asylum route that is not sure you will be granted..becareful of people asking you to inbox them ..you may get scammed or victim of unproffession quack immigration advice pls let be careful !!

@ofime123 do not mislead people again becos same you claim last year and the admin warn you about lmia and truck driving job that people can travel on tourist or conference visa amd chamge in canada but many people that follow ur advice are now stranded in toronto will diff bogus asylum story after lmia and ur truck driver theory fail pls be honest with the truth and stop misleading people!!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ephenzy: 2:07pm On Feb 07
slimmsyyetty:
Could you please, share your timeline for 2019? Even if you can't remember the actual dates, you can summarize the interval from biometric date to refusal in weeks.

I wish you a successful approval on your current application 🙏

Hi
Sorry I’m just seeing your message
Oh I remember it very well..lol
Submitted April 20
Biometrics May 13
Refused June 14
In 2019

Thank you 🙏🏽
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chadx: 4:01pm On Feb 07
Hello all,

I need help/advise please.

I applied for a Canada visa. It has been approved and I received a letter to submit my passport.

I also received a ‘correspondence letter’ advising me of the validity of my biometrics. My biometrics expires before my passport. They told me in the passport request letter that my visa cannot be longer than my passport validity (which is fine). But they also told me in the biometrics correspondence letter that my visa cannot be longer than my biometrics validity.

During my application I stated that I had biometrics on file (thinking that visa will be according to passport date). I didn’t know it will be limited to biometrics validity.

The letter also said I can extend my biometrics validity by paying for a new one and getting another 10 years validity. Does anyone know goes to go about this?

HOW DO I GET A LETTER FROM THE IRCC TO ENABLE MAKE PAYMENT AND BOOK A BIOMIMETIC APPOINTMENT SO AS TO GET 10 YEARS VALIDITY?

Please help.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07
Chadx:
Hello all,

I applied for a Canada visa. It has been approved and I received a letter to submit my passport.

I also received a ‘correspondence letter’ advising me of the validity of my biometrics. My biometrics expires before my passport. They told me in the passport request letter that my visa cannot be longer than my passport validity (which is fine). But they also told me in the biometrics correspondence letter that my visa cannot be longer than my biometrics validity.

During my application I stated that I had biometrics on file (thinking that visa will be according to passport date). I didn’t know it will be limited to biometrics validity.

The letter also said I can extend my biometrics validity by paying for a new one and getting another 10 years validity. Does anyone know goes to go about this?

HOW DO I GET A LETTER FROM THE IRCC TO ENABLE MAKE PAYMENT AND BOOK A BIOMIMETIC APPOINTMENT SO AS TO GET 10 YEARS VALIDITY?

Please help.

Thank you.
Send webform
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexini: 6:11pm On Feb 07
Good evening everyone

Please, does VFS lagos offer passport delivery via courier?

If yes, how do I go about it?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 6:44pm On Feb 07
Yes they do
You'll pay at the point of passport submission but the rate is crazy, about ₦22,560 and it'll be mailed to you via DHL.

lexini:
Good evening everyone

Please, does VFS lagos offer passport delivery via courier?

If yes, how do I go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexini: 6:48pm On Feb 07
thank you very much for this.

i am about to courier the passport to them.

do i make the payment and attach the receipt of payment to the package I am submitting?

sanyaolurilwan:
Yes they do
You'll pay at the point of passport submission but the rate is crazy, about ₦22,560 and it'll be mailed to you via DHL.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MadamDee: 7:04pm On Feb 07
Hi guys ,

I’d share my timeline.

I applied for Canada tourist visa in June 26 2023 September 6, 2023 we(myself , husband and daughter) got a reject mail.

I immediately reapplied in September 13, 2023 just myself and my daughter and we got an approved February 2024. To everyone still
Expecting feedback just hang in there, your response is around the corner.

14 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:44pm On Feb 07
Chadx:
Hello all,

Please help.

Thank you.

To extend the biometric validity of the application already submitted, you will first need to make a payment and then send a copy of your payment receipt to IRCC through the web form.

You can also upload the receipt to your application portal if you submitted your application through the GCKey portal.

IRCC will later send you the biometric information letter to enable you to do a new biometric that will extend the biometric on file to 10 years.

Use the link below to make payment.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10097

*Don’t forget to send the receipt to IRCC.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ilekunola: 7:45pm On Feb 07
Chadx:
Hello all,

Please help.

Thank you.
Pls when did you apply and when did u get response,pls share
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 8:15pm On Feb 07
What I know is that: you courrier your passport to them, then when you receive an email for passport collection, then you chat/mail them to courrier it and make the payment. This I think I read it but forgotten now.

But I'm sure of when you make payment during passport submission because I didnsame and it was sent to me.

lexini:
thank you very much for this.

i am about to courier the passport to them.

do i make the payment and attach the receipt of payment to the package I am submitting?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chadx: 9:44pm On Feb 07
Ashirioluwa:

To extend the biometric validity of the application already submitted, you will first need to make a payment and then send a copy of your payment receipt to IRCC through the web form.

You can also upload the receipt to your application portal if you submitted your application through the GCKey portal.

IRCC will later send you the biometric information letter to enable you to do a new biometric that will extend the biometric on file to 10 years.

Use the link below to make payment.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10097

*Don’t forget to send the receipt to IRCC.

Thank you very much for your kind response.

I already got the link to make payment during my research, but what I don’t know is how to send the receipt/proof of payment to the IRCC.

When I log on to my account via GCKey, there’s no option to add any other document to my application as my application has already been approved (awaiting my passport).

Is there something else I’m missing that I’m not seeing? Do you know how I can send the receipt to the IRCC? Can you direct me?

Thank you very much for helping out.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chadx: 9:46pm On Feb 07
Ilekunola:

Pls when did you apply and when did u get response,pls share

Applied: late December
Response: last week

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 10:23pm On Feb 07
Chadx:

I already got the link to make payment during my research, but what I don’t know is how to send the receipt/proof of payment to the IRCC.

When I log on to my account via GCKey, there’s no option to add any other document to my application as my application has already been approved (awaiting my passport).

Is there something else I’m missing that I’m not seeing? Do you know how I can send the receipt to the IRCC? Can you direct me?

Login using your tracker and you’ll see the webform option right underneath your contact details. Utilize that webform to send the receipt to them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:58pm On Feb 07
Chadx:

Send it through the webform, and make sure you upload a copy of the receipt.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Send it to webform Nairobi also.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

And Lagos
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=lagos

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Elohor111: 11:01pm On Feb 07
Hello sir...
Pls how to I write itinerary for Canada visit visa?
I intend to visit Halifax and I have no travel history I'm currently a Regional manager of an insurance company and my bank statements is 10million naira, also I intend to stay for 2weeks.
Kindly put me through
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 11:01pm On Feb 07
MadamDee:
Hi guys ,

I’d share my timeline.

I applied for Canada tourist visa in June 26 2023 September 6, 2023 we(myself , husband and daughter) got a reject mail.

I immediately reapplied in September 13, 2023 just myself and my daughter and we got an approved February 2024. To everyone still
Expecting feedback just hang in there, your response is around the corner.
Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigkenny: 11:16pm On Feb 07
Chadx:

Please share the link you use to make payment with me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 1:54am On Feb 08
Elohor111:
Hello sir...
Pls how to I write itinerary for Canada visit visa?
I intend to visit Halifax and I have no travel history I'm currently a Regional manager of an insurance company and my bank statements is 10million naira, also I intend to stay for 2weeks.
Kindly put me through

Google is your friend. Google sample itinerary for visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ade1122: 3:26am On Feb 08
Good day. I need expert opinion on this case scenario. I have been following this page since last year October as guest.

I submitted visit visa with following timeline:
Submission: 28th Sept 2023
Biometric: 3rd Oct 2023
Biometric Updated on application: 10th Oct 2023.

I later submitted SOWP with following timeline:
Upfront Medicals: 14th December 2023
Submission: 24th Dec 2023
Biometric on application still showed: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometric Updated on application: 27th Dec and showed completed in tracker

Medicals was updated passed Jan 3rd 2024 on visit application and completed on tracker but no update on SOWP application and tracker.

Application of visit visa was approved on 7th January 2024 and Passport request in 30 days, however nothing on SOWP.

Should I wait for result of SOWP before I submit passport (i.e. is there is possibility of outcome before 30 days) or make the submission right away? Thank you for your expert suggestions.

Timelines are to encourage all of us in the waiting list (I am always encourage seeing applications approved).

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 4:56am On Feb 08
Ade1122:
Good day. I need expert opinion on this case scenario. I have been following this page since last year October as guest.

I submitted visit visa with following timeline:
Submission: 28th Sept 2023
Biometric: 3rd Oct 2023
Biometric Updated on application: 10th Oct 2023.

I later submitted SOWP with following timeline:
Upfront Medicals: 14th December 2023
Submission: 24th Dec 2023
Biometric on application still showed: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometric Updated on application: 27th Dec and showed completed in tracker

Medicals was updated passed Jan 3rd 2024 on visit application and completed on tracker but no update on SOWP application and tracker.

Application of visit visa was approved on 7th January 2024 and Passport request in 30 days, however nothing on SOWP.

Should I wait for result of SOWP before I submit passport (i.e. is there is possibility of outcome before 30 days) or make the submission right away? Thank you for your expert suggestions.

Timelines are to encourage all of us in the waiting list (I am always encourage seeing applications approved).

Go and submit ur passport for the vist visa firstly becos you applied 2 diff category of visa ..and paid 2 diff fees.also note that the visit visa approval does not mean ur sowp will be approved automatically.so go pick the visit visa and wait the outcome of the sowp.good luck

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ade1122: 6:39am On Feb 08
orjohn24:

Go and submit ur passport for the vist visa firstly becos you applied 2 diff category of visa ..and paid 2 diff fees.also note that the visit visa approval does not mean ur sowp will be approved automatically.so go pick the visit visa and wait the outcome of the sowp.good luck

Many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Meshach171(m), Terminalia(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.