Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325943 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaymanz: 9:37pm On Apr 11
Good day everyone,

I need your input here. I recently lost my elder sister, who was a permanent resident in Canada, and we are planning to lay her to rest soon.

I have applied for and received a visitor's visa to attend the burial in Canada. Currently, I work as an accountant and earn relatively well as an entry-level staff.

Would it be a good idea for me to leave my job here in Nigeria and use this as an opportunity to relocate, considering that I only have 6 months to secure a job in Canada that could sponsor my work permit?

I would like to know my chances of securing a job or converting my visitor's visa to either a work permit or a study visa.

Please, I need your input, as I am very confused at the moment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zaza905: 1:38am On Apr 12
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

I need your input here. I recently lost my elder sister, who was a permanent resident in Canada, and we are planning to lay her to rest soon.

I have applied for and received a visitor's visa to attend the burial in Canada. Currently, I work as an accountant and earn relatively well as an entry-level staff.

Would it be a good idea for me to leave my job here in Nigeria and use this as an opportunity to relocate, considering that I only have 6 months to secure a job in Canada that could sponsor my work permit?

I would like to know my chances of securing a job or converting my visitor's visa to either a work permit or a study visa.

How are you going to relocate on a visitor visa? You can apply for a study permit right now. No one is going to sponsor you on a visit visa it, every job you apply for usually as if you have authorization to work in Canada and once you say no your application is thrown out. I would just apply for express entry from out of the country since you have experience and a degree.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 3:29am On Apr 12
If you try it!!! just remember after 6 months that I made this post.
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DaaSlim(m): 11:07am On Apr 12
Please someone should help me. I could not log in since last 4 days. What is happening pls? What else can i do
Is it a general problem or just me?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrblake(m): 1:32pm On Apr 12
how do I process Canada visit visa myself ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 1:59pm On Apr 12
mrblake:
how do I process Canada visit visa myself ?
Read this thread from the beginning, don't rush.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 2:03pm On Apr 12
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

You're doing well. Why not come back and apply for the right visa instead of spoiling the show for yourself? It won't take up to 6 months before you're done with your app whilst you still keep your job. You could be in Canada with the TRV for much longer without achieving your aim, mind you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 2:13pm On Apr 12
Eriokanmi:
You're doing well. Why not come back and apply for the right visa instead of spooling the show for yourself? It won't take up to 6 months before you're done with your app whilst you still keep your job. You could be in Canada with the TRV for much longer without achieving your aim, mind you.
Many of those who make these posts don't realise what damage they intend doing to themselves by planning to run away. They don't realise it goes straight into your travel records and can potentially permanently wreck their goals of relocation if it doesn't work. And most times it doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 5:06pm On Apr 12
Any update from November Biometrics?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 6:48pm On Apr 12
maziemeka2024:
Any update from November Biometrics?

We de wait o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12
In all you do pls dont claim assylum, you may spoil the chances of others in future that finds themselves in such situation. IRCC fast tracked ur visa and gave u based on compassionate ground. I remembered when some folks were saying they won't give while others said they will give you on compassionate ground. Imagine if someone else have abused such visit visa before you am sure you won't get it and we will all crucify them. Don't allow anyone push u into asylum exploration. Try study or express entry route.

Havinv said this i will say use the opportunity to visit some graduate schoo and make relationship . You can then return back and apply for a Masters. Getting job with a visit visa is at a chance of 1/100.

Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 7:55pm On Apr 12
Hi everyone. I was asked to submit my passport today and when I got to VFS Lagos they didn’t collect my passport. They only collected my contact details and said I will get an email or call. Were they not supposed to collect the passport and send it to ircc?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Electroweb(m): 8:00pm On Apr 12
Hello,
I want to know if one needs a transit visa to fly through United Kingdom to Canada using British Airways.

Reply if you done it before.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 8:02pm On Apr 12
Electroweb:
Hello,
I want to know if one needs a transit visa to fly through United Kingdom to Canada using British Airways.

Reply if you done it before.
Thanks
No transit visa is needed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 8:09pm On Apr 12
5454Darese:
Hi everyone. I was asked to submit my passport today and when I got to VFS Lagos they didn’t collect my passport. They only collected my contact details and said I will get an email or call. Were they not supposed to collect the passport and send it to ircc?
God don catch you. So,you're one of those silent readers who have benefited from the resources here but would just waka without sharing the good news abi grin? Congrats!

When did you apply for your TRV? Can you share the timelines? You may be encouraging those still waiting endlessly here.

As regards the passport submission, there's a process involved,as you know and the VFS had initiated that already. You'd hear from them

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:33pm On Apr 12
5454Darese:

VFS suppose collect your passport for stamping.

Did they send you passport request letter or biometric request letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 9:10pm On Apr 12
BuildingProject:
So here is my timeline for those that might catch one or 2 from it.

Applied for TRV. MAY 3 2023.
Biometrics was. MAY 7 2023
GCMS Notes. APRIL 3 2024
PPR APRIL 8 2024.

So I applied from the UK for a tourist visa with hotel booking, No IV used , processing time showed 385 days but I filled the form and my traveling date was to be April 13th. Airline won't allow me to book a flight more than a year.

After my biometrics, I got my 5 years US visa, so I submitted a webform in October with the visa page. The profile was updated on 27th Dec but nothing changed. Sent several webform asking for update but no response.

So I decided to order a GCMS notes base on advised given here. I think $19 or thereabout. Added additional webform same day that my traveling date is fast approaching and I have a non-refundable flight tkt and some other points.

PPR dropped today.

QUESTIONS:

Is it possible to submit my passport if I am in Texas?
And how long before the passport is returned?

Hi, please what’s the process for submitting passport to vfs Lagos? I went there to submit and they did not collect the passports and just said I will get a call or email?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 9:11pm On Apr 12
oluayebenz:

VFS suppose collect your passport for stamping.

Did they send you passport request letter or biometric request letter.

It was passport request letter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 9:29pm On Apr 12
Eriokanmi:
God don catch you. So,you're one of those silent readers who have benefited from the resources here but would just waka without sharing the good news abi grin? Congrats!

When did you apply for your TRV? Can you share the timelines? You may be encouraging those still waiting endlessly here.

As regards the passport submission, there's a process involved,as you know and the VFS had initiated that already. You'd hear from them

Lol it’s for my mum actually. I have not been here since 2022 .

Applied for my mum
Applied March 1 2024
Biometrics March 5
Refusal 13 March
I wrote a letter to reconsider March 13
Approved April 11 2024

Just wanted to know if it’s a new development or something. I guess my mum has guffed again 😕😤
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 9:44pm On Apr 12
5454Darese:

Applied for my mum
Applied March 1 2024
Biometrics March 5
Refusal 13 March
Approved April 11 2024

Congrats to your mum. That was pretty quick even for ones parent If you don't mind, by writing a letter to reconsider, do you mean you appealed or just sent a web form? How did you do that?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 10:22pm On Apr 12
deejay102:

Congrats to your mum. That was pretty quick even for ones parent If you don't mind, by writing a letter to reconsider, do you mean you appealed or just sent a web form? How did you do that?

Thanks. Appeal letter(word/ pdf doc) and also copied the same thing on webform and then attached the pdf as attachment. . Via webform and emails

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:30pm On Apr 12
5454Darese:

It was passport request letter

Did you book for passport submission appointment with vfs before going?

Documents needed for submission...

Appointment letter
Passport request letter
Original passport
Biometric slip copy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 10:35pm On Apr 12
Good evening sir/maa
Please I need ur advice on my application
On Nov 2021, I applied for Canada visitors visa and it was refused on June 2023.
Reason: debt to the crown, from my findings the agent that handle d application did not pay the application fee. So have paid the fee (185canadian dollars) for d debt to the crown and it was confirmed by IRCC.
On Sept 2023, I applied for anoda visitors(2ND) visa but it was also refused on Feb 27th 2024.

Reason: you are not truthful filled the form given to u. So I ordered for GCMS NOTE
BASED ON MY 2ND APPLICATION TO KNOW THE REASON IN DETAILS, THE GCMS NOTE CAME TODAY AFTER READING TRU IT DIS IS WOT I FIND OUT

I HAVE REVIEWED THE APPLICATION. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT THE APPLICANT HAS BEEN TRUTHFUL IN THE DOCUMENTS AND ANSWERS SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION, AS REQUIRED BY SUBSECTION 16(1) OF THE ACT. SPECIFICALLY, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT D FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS TRUTHFUL: FAILED TO DECLARE PREVIOUS MISREPRESENTATION.
FOR DIS REASON I HAVE REFUSED THIS APPLICATION
PLS,MY QUESTION IS THAT SHOULD I STILL NEED TO ORDER FOR ANODA GCMS NOTE FOR MY 1ST VISTORS APPLICATION B4 I APPLY FOR THE NEW ONE AND IF I ORDER FOR IT AND I FIND OUT THAT THE INFORMATION IS DIFFER HOW SHOULD I GO ABT IT WEN APPLY FOR THE NEW APPLICATION OR SHOULD I JUST STICK ON THE INFO ON MY 2ND APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR THE NEW ONE.
NOTE : MY 2ND APPLICATION WAS ANDLE BY ME.
THANKS

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubaiboy1: 10:37pm On Apr 12
I've never heard a case like this before ! Fascinating
Congratulations to your Mum.
5454Darese:

Applied for my mum
Applied March 1 2024
Biometrics March 5
Refusal 13 March
Approved April 11 2024

Just wanted to know if it’s a new development or something. I guess my mum has guffed again 😕😤

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 10:38pm On Apr 12
oluayebenz:

Did you book for passport submission appointment with vfs before going?

Documents needed for submission...

Appointment letter
Passport request letter
Original passport
Biometric slip copy

Yeah I did. And she also took all these along.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 10:40pm On Apr 12
dubaiboy1:
I've never heard a case like this before ! Fascinating
Congratulations to your Mum.

Thanks 😊
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Readymove: 12:22am On Apr 13
Please, please, please do not quit your job because of Canada visit visa ooo. It does not worth it . Attend the burial and return to work jejely. Presently, it is very difficult to convert visit visa to work permit.
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:49am On Apr 13
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

Aside from using Canada visiting visa to visit, touring and have fun.
That visa is very very useless in Canada.
Basically changing status while holding a visit visa is almost impossible.

Don't say we didn't warn you o.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:51am On Apr 13
5454Darese:

Yeah I did. And she also took all these along.

Seriously I do not know what is going on again.

Pencil down ✏️
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 1:10am On Apr 13
Temitaryor1:
Good evening sir/maa
Please I need ur advice on my application
On Nov 2021, I applied for Canada visitors visa and it was refused on June 2023.
Reason: debt to the crown, from my findings the agent that handle d application did not pay the application fee. So have paid the fee (185canadian dollars) for d debt to the crown and it was confirmed by IRCC.
On Sept 2023, I applied for anoda visitors(2ND) visa but it was also refused on Feb 27th 2024.

Reason: you are not truthful filled the form given to u. So I ordered for GCMS NOTE
BASED ON MY 2ND APPLICATION TO KNOW THE REASON IN DETAILS, THE GCMS NOTE CAME TODAY AFTER READING TRU IT DIS IS WOT I FIND OUT

I HAVE REVIEWED THE APPLICATION. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT THE APPLICANT HAS BEEN TRUTHFUL IN THE DOCUMENTS AND ANSWERS SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION, AS REQUIRED BY SUBSECTION 16(1) OF THE ACT. SPECIFICALLY, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT D FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS TRUTHFUL: FAILED TO DECLARE PREVIOUS MISREPRESENTATION.
FOR DIS REASON I HAVE REFUSED THIS APPLICATION
PLS,MY QUESTION IS THAT SHOULD I STILL NEED TO ORDER FOR ANODA GCMS NOTE FOR MY 1ST VISTORS APPLICATION B4 I APPLY FOR THE NEW ONE AND IF I ORDER FOR IT AND I FIND OUT THAT THE INFORMATION IS DIFFER HOW SHOULD I GO ABT IT WEN APPLY FOR THE NEW APPLICATION OR SHOULD I JUST STICK ON THE INFO ON MY 2ND APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR THE NEW ONE.
NOTE : MY 2ND APPLICATION WAS ANDLE BY ME.
THANKS

Hello Temitaryor1,

1. There is a section in the application form that ask if you have been refused visa before, did you confirm yes, that you have been refused Canadian visa and explained the issue that transpired. ( the debt to the crown issue and your subsequent payment)? Also, bear in mind an application cannot be successfully submitted and transmitted to IRCC without payment. I suspect payment was made and their was a chargeback on your application.

2. Do you have access to all the information the agent filled in your first application and where you consistent with that same information in your 2nd application?

I would advise people to avoid agents, some of them dont understand this visa application thing. Better doing it yourself.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by godslead(f): 2:39am On Apr 13
Good day everyone please how can I book for biometrics capture in Nigeria? Apart from Lagos and Abuja is there another location? Ran here for clear directions please help if you have answers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by godslead(f): 3:32am On Apr 13
Bukolab99:
Use providus Naira card it works but at black market rate
Wow really? Thanks for your response I've sorted it out. Remain blessed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.