Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:05 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2416983 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) ... (1133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 2:15pm On May 24
olajisunkanmi:
Hi, gurus. My visitor visa was refused today based on the reason in the photo below. Please who can elaborate me on this issue and how I can go about it. Thanks

order your GCMS or cbsa notes, but do not be surprised if they contain the same refusal genetic reasons, with no detailed explanation provided by the visa officer in the notes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kcenyimbk: 3:24pm On May 24
Please,how long did the response take?
larrybam:

Thank you very much, we got an email from them to submit my daughter's birth certificate and we sent it. We got another email from them yesterday which is procedural fairness stating that I refused to declare my us refusal and I have the opportunity to explain, my husband sent an email explaining and we attached the refusal letter. To God be the glory, woke up this morning to the ppr for my daughter and I.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dontrixt43: 3:26pm On May 24
I am trying to raise a webform to indicate a change of my passport because it expired, can anyone help with a link to that effect and also pls indicate what options to choose while filling it. Thank you and God bless
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olaoluwa83: 4:30pm On May 24
[quote author=olajisunkanmi post=130118709][/quote]

Order your GCMS Note to get to the main reason of the refusal then fire another application after u believe u have addressed the main issue of the refusal. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 4:50pm On May 24
Hi guys,, please i have a valid canada visitors visa until 2026,, but i changed my surname on nin due to marriage,,,,

Will it affect my current visa being that my surname is now different??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by irookie(m): 5:23pm On May 24
Did you change your passport that have the Visa due to the name change? If yes just travel with the old passport with Visa and new one along with any affidavit/newspaper change of name documents
Deronke1:
Hi guys,, please i have a valid canada visitors visa until 2026,, but i changed my surname on nin due to marriage,,,,

Will it affect my current visa being that my surname is now different??

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gingeruch: 5:50pm On May 24
affoncad:

Your mom can apply and has a chance based on her age, but where is the home tie here? She is a widow, not working, and being taken care of by her children. Your best approach is to include a letter from a church or any organization that she is committed to. Secondly, what do you mean by airline policy? I have seen single mothers travel for birth purposes to the USA and Canada, even to Mexico and Chile, with no issues.

Thank you so much for the response! I think we may be able to find a tie if we look deeply. Airline policy on how many babies one passenger can carry.. I'm having multiple babies and I and my husband can't carry them all back home on any airline.. If you know of any that doesn't require one adult per baby, please let me know. I appreciate you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 6:26pm On May 24
Ashirioluwa:

He will apply normally, but his application might enjoy priority treatment because of the US visa, which means they will make a decision on his application quickly compared to those who don’t have US visas.

Also, they will ask him to upload only a few documents because of the US visa.

You’re blessed boss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 6:37pm On May 24
Ashirioluwa:

He will apply normally, but his application might enjoy priority treatment because of the US visa, which means they will make a decision on his application quickly compared to those who don’t have US visas.

Also, they will ask him to upload only a few documents because of the US visa.

One more thing please....

Is it possible one can retrieve UCI number if an agent applied on someone’s behalf and didn’t let the person know if he was granted a visa or not.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 7:39pm On May 24
Gingeruch:

Thank you so much for the response! I think we may be able to find a tie if we look deeply. Airline policy on how many babies one passenger can carry.. I'm having multiple babies and I and my husband can't carry them all back home on any airline.. If you know of any that doesn't require one adult per baby, please let me know. I appreciate you!

You cannot buy this type of ticket online. You need to contact the airline directly and be prepared to buy a full ticket. Note that only one infant may be seated in the lap of each ticketed accompanying adult, and the infant must be included in the reservation. Additional infants under 2 years old must be ticketed and occupy an infant car seat in a separate aircraft seat. Most airlines accept this, but you have to contact them ahead of time and request to buy an extra seat for an infant.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olajisunkanmi: 8:00pm On May 24
affoncad:
if that’s the case then how can I tackle this problem? Get money in my personal account?

order your GCMS or cbsa notes, but do not be surprised if they contain the same refusal genetic reasons, with no detailed explanation provided by the visa officer in the notes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jwgirl: 10:33pm On May 24
Please whats the email address for ircc about application updates?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:55pm On May 24
modskiller:

Is it possible one can retrieve UCI number if an agent applied on someone’s behalf and didn’t let the person know if he was granted a visa or not.

You just have to wait for your agent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 12:18am On May 25
Ashirioluwa:

You just have to wait for your agent

Wahala. Please are kids exempted from paying biometrics fee?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 12:28am On May 25
When we advised people against it, they claim they must survive at all costs by claiming asylum . Everybody go collect now.

affoncad:

Do not worry yourself, just carry both passports to the visa center. You will be fine with or without any webform. Your case is not about a missing or stolen passport. My guess was perfect and you matches the category of approval I have seen recently . Canada is not smiling now with visa approval for visitors applicant . The refusal rate is too high! Thanks and no thanks to many who claim asylum on a visit visa, and we all see the effect now.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 12:41am On May 25
sammiy:
Hello Everyone, this an appreciation post to everyone that makes this forum an amazing resource place.
All the information i got here guided me to put together my application and it was a success.

Submitted: August 2nd 2023
Bio-metrics Capture: August 15th 2023.
Bio-metrics completed: September 23rd 2023
BVL & PPR: December 19th 2023
Passport submitted: December 21st 2023
Pick-up stamped passport: December 28th 2023.
Visa type: Visit.

For everyone waiting.....your PPR will drop.

Hello, please I’d like to ask what portal you used. Gckeys or IRCC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:32am On May 25
modskiller:

Wahala. Please are kids exempted from paying biometrics fee?

Yes, if they haven’t reached the age of 14.

Generally, applicants who are younger than 14 or older than 79 are not required to provide biometrics for their Canadian visa applications.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by larrybam(f): 2:25am On May 25
Kcenyimbk:
Please,how long did the response take?
I got a response the next day.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zimzee: 5:43am On May 25
Has anyone experienced this before? I applied for canada visiting visa using my married name as last name. Every document i submitted has my husband's name as my last including my passport. My application portal is showing my correct last name. Even my biometric instruction letter came with correct name.
However, after my visa was approved, the original passport request letter and biometric validity letter came in today, bearing my MAIDEN name instead of my MARRIAGE name as my last name., it was shocking to me.
The only place I mentioned my maiden name was where I was asked in the application form If I have used any other name in the past and I said yes and I put the name. I have carefully gone back to check my application form but there was no such error.

I don't know how they mixed it up.

I am going to VFS office to drop my passport for the visa stamping on Tuesday. I don't know how to rectify this issue. Should I send webform or should I explain at vfs?
Who has a better idea? My travel date is very near.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 11:10am On May 25
Zimzee:
Has anyone experienced this before? I applied for canada visiting visa using my married name as last name. Every document i submitted has my husband's name as my last including my passport. My application portal is showing my correct last name. Even my biometric instruction letter came with correct name.
However, after my visa was approved, the original passport request letter and biometric validity letter came in today, bearing my MAIDEN name instead of my MARRIAGE name as my last name., it was shocking to me.
The only place I mentioned my maiden name was where I was asked in the application form If I have used any other name in the past and I said yes and I put the name. I have carefully gone back to check my application form but there was no such error.

I don't know how they mixed it up.

I am going to VFS office to drop my passport for the visa stamping on Tuesday. I don't know how to rectify this issue. Should I send webform or should I explain at vfs?
Who has a better idea? My travel date is very near.

Congratulations 😊I don’t think you have a problem , you can verify at vfs when submitting .

Please share your timeline to encourage others waiting
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 12:10pm On May 25
modskiller:

Your UCI is on the biometric letter or the agent collect the biometic letter back from you after biometric atlest that not login and password ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by harmonyedu: 12:51pm On May 25
Dear Nairaland,
Kindly advise on the below for students that are currently in Lakeland College, Vermillion, Alberta.

I want to book my flight next week against the third
Week of August, so it will be a bit affordable.
For a family of 4(2 adults, 3 year and A year old).

The school advise we land in Calgary International airport and take a local flight to lloydminster Local airport and from there take a cab or bus to Vermillion which is 40 minutes drive.

Another option is Edmonton International airport and 2 and half hours by road to Vermillion.

For students that are currently at Lakeland College or graduate from the College, kindly advise the best route and Airline to book.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 1:52pm On May 25
harmonyedu:
Dear Nairaland,
Kindly advise on the below for students that are currently in Lakeland College, Vermillion, Alberta.

I want to book my flight next week against the third
Week of August, so it will be a bit affordable.
For a family of 4(2 adults, 3 year and A year old).

The school advise we land in Calgary International airport and take a local flight to lloydminster Local airport and from there take a cab or bus to Vermillion which is 40 minutes drive.

Another option is Edmonton International airport and 2 and half hours by road to Vermillion.

For students that are currently at Lakeland College or graduate from the College, kindly advise the best route and Airline to book.

Thanks

Traveling from Edmonton International Airport (YEG) to Vermilion by road is generally recommended as the best option. Taking a local flight to Lloydminster is not advisable due to the high cost and the fact that mostly private jets or chartered flights land at Lloydminster. Additionally, if you are coming from Lagos by private jet or chartered flight, there is no need to fly to Calgary first; you can fly directly to Lloydminster.
Please hold on to the receipt of your first semester tuition fee payment and your proof of living expenses. Canadian airports boarder officers are now randomly selecting students for extra checks, focusing on proof of funds for tuition fees and living expenses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by harmonyedu: 3:56pm On May 25
Thank you for your advise.

House34:

Traveling from Edmonton International Airport (YEG) to Vermilion by road is generally recommended as the best option. Taking a local flight to Lloydminster is not advisable due to the high cost and the fact that mostly private jets or chartered flights land at Lloydminster. Additionally, if you are coming from Lagos by private jet or chartered flight, there is no need to fly to Calgary first; you can fly directly to Lloydminster.
Please hold on to the receipt of your first semester tuition fee payment and your proof of living expenses. Canadian airports boarder officers are now randomly selecting students for extra checks, focusing on proof of funds for tuition fees and living expenses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kcenyimbk: 5:15pm On May 25
larrybam:

I got a response the next day.
Ok…..
Did they send you pre arrival?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:36pm On May 25
Ashirioluwa:

To request a GCMS note, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or an individual residing within Canada, and it will cost you CAD$5.

Applicants outside of Canada can still apply for GCMS notes through use of a representative who is either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or corporation in Canada.

Note: Someone mentioned here on this forum that anyone can request for a Gcms note, irrespective of whether the requester is a Canadian citizen or not.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by giftfromGod(f): 7:59pm On May 25
Happy to find this platform.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olaoluwa83: 9:08pm On May 25
Ashirioluwa:

Note: Someone mentioned here on this forum that anyone can ask for a Gcms note, irrespective of whether the requester is a Canadian citizen or not.

To order GMCS note, u need not be a Canadian citizen, infact, u can even order a free GCMS note from Nigeria or anywhere that u are in the world.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 11:10pm On May 25
affoncad:

Your UCI is on the biometric letter or the agent collect the biometic letter back from you after biometric atlest that not login and password ?

It’s not for me actually, it’s for a family member but he didn’t tell me when he applied.

Terrible part is the guy no gree give them the papers. He collected everything back.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 9:13am On May 26
modskiller:

It’s not for me actually, it’s for a family member but he didn’t tell me when he applied.

Terrible part is the when no gree give them the papers. He collected everything back.
shocked
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zimzee: 9:54am On May 26
Thank you.
Application submitted 2nd January 2024.
Biometrics given 31 January 2024
Passport Request 24th May
Visit Visa

tblaze007:

Congratulations 😊I don’t think you have a problem , you can verify at vfs when submitting .

Please share your timeline to encourage others waiting

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Honora24: 10:52am On May 26
Zimzee:
Thank you.
Application submitted 2nd January 2024.
Biometrics given 31 January 2024
Passport Request 24th May
Visit Visa

Congratulations. Did you have a US visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) ... (1133) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: hayesconcept(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.