Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,337 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2409276 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (1131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by modskiller(m): 1:35pm On May 26
Zimzee:
Thank you.
Application submitted 2nd January 2024.
Biometrics given 31 January 2024
Passport Request 24th May
Visit Visa

Congratulations Sir.

Conference or Tour.

Please help with a list of what docs you submitted so as to enlighten the house🙏

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Clapaudan: 2:55pm On May 26
Big Congratulations to you...

Zimzee:
Thank you.
Application submitted 2nd January 2024.
Biometrics given 31 January 2024
Passport Request 24th May
Visit Visa

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 4:00pm On May 26
Honora24:

Congratulations. Did you have a US visa?

Yes, from her previous post, she has a USA visa and a UK visa. She graduated from a UK university and also work experience in the uk , and her sister's family lives in Canada. I hope that answers your question! 😊

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AWonder: 4:21pm On May 26
Visa refused.
Same insufficient fund and I don't think I am convinced you'd leave.

Please what that link to get a free GCMS Note again abeg.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Vannie12(f): 4:35pm On May 26
Sorry about that. Can you share your timeline?
AWonder:
Visa refused.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AWonder: 5:24pm On May 26
Application: 21 November 2023
Biometrics: 28 November 2023
Refusal: 30th April 2024

Vannie12:
Sorry about that. Can you share your timeline?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 7:03pm On May 26
It is well.

Canada Canada Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 7:07pm On May 26
https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/

if you choose under CBSA Thats border agency you wil get your gcms note for free

if you choose the normal one you pay for it.

I did GCMS thru CBSA twice last year for free.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AWonder: 7:08pm On May 26
Someone should help me with this link please

AWonder:
Visa refused.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 7:18pm On May 26

if you choose under CBSA Thats border agency you wil get your gcms note for free

AWonder:
Someone should help me with this link please

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MelaninGemstone(f): 8:17pm On May 26
Hey guys, I’m currently in the US on a tourist visa. Can I apply for a visa to visit Canada ?

I have a friend I want to go visit over there

Please advise
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 10:38pm On May 26
chatmate:

Pls how long did it take to get the result?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 10:52pm On May 26
maziemeka2024:

Pls how long did it take to get the result?

It takes 2 to 4 weeks; it is faster now compared to the past.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 10:56pm On May 26
MelaninGemstone:
Hey guys, I’m currently in the US on a tourist visa. Can I apply for a visa to visit Canada ?

Please advise

Sure, you can apply for canada visa inside usa on a b1/b2 visa and add a letter stating that you want to visit a friend in Canada before your return to Nigeria. Also, include a copy of your USA visa as long as you have not overstayed in the USA. It should be fast processing, but still, nobody can guarantee how fast or slow it will be. Most importantly, you can submit your passport anywhere in the world when it is requested after the visa is approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MelaninGemstone(f): 11:34pm On May 26
affoncad:

Sure, you can apply for canada visa inside usa on a b1/b2 visa and add a letter stating that you want to visit a friend in Canada before your return to Nigeria. Also, include a copy of your USA visa as long as you have not overstayed in the USA. It should be fast processing, but still, nobody can guarantee how fast or slow it will be. Most importantly, you can submit your passport anywhere in the world when it is requested after the visa is approved.
Thank you for this information
Please, which documents do I need to submit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibrahim8358(m): 4:45am On May 27
MelaninGemstone:

Please advise
if you have a US visa you don't need visa to enter Canada thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ndubestjude: 6:38am On May 27
AWonder:
Visa refused.

is this the second time you wan to reapply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gingeruch: 6:42am On May 27
Ibrahim8358:

I think you mean if you have US passport..? Visas are only valid for entry into the country that issued it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 6:51am On May 27
Gingeruch:

I think you mean if you have US passport..? Visas are only valid for entry into the country that issued it

Nope! Not all countries, Are you aware that as a Nigerian, you can enter Mexico with a multiple Schengen visa?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 9:46am On May 27
Ibrahim8358:

.you need a visa to canada even with your usa visa...only usa green card holder domt need visa to canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 9:57am On May 27
MelaninGemstone:
Thank you for this information
Please, which documents do I need to submit?

Everything is done online,Just upload the normal visa document like ur pof,invitation letter and explain why you want to visit canada,copy ur return ticket to nigeria and copy ur usa visa. And after payment you go for biometric.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 10:09am On May 27
yes sir

affoncad:

.you need a visa to canada even with your usa visa...only usa green card holder domt need visa to canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibrahim8358(m): 12:26pm On May 27
chatmate:
yes sir

you don't need to wait to get Canada visa if you have US visa to enter Canada but you need US visa if you have Canada visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 12:32pm On May 27
Ibrahim8358:

you don't need to wait to get Canada visa if you have US visa to enter Canada but you need US visa if you have Canada visa

can you quote canada or usa offiical immigration website where you get this information because it 100% wrong !!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 2:04pm On May 27
I dont know for him o. Wrong information, with Nigerian passport? hell na. We need visa for both countries.

affoncad:

can you quote canada or usa offiical immigration website where you get this information because it 100% wrong !!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 2:32pm On May 27
Ibrahim8358:

sir,you are mixing up resident visa with tourist visa

below is the correct statement:

"you don't need to wait to get Canada visa if you have US resident visa (usa green card) to enter Canada but you need US visa if you have Canada resident visa(Canada Permanent resident card)"

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside3020(m): 3:49pm On May 27
Ibrahim8358:

Is this a joke or what?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by futureenergy: 4:36pm On May 27
harmonyedu:
Dear Nairaland,
Kindly advise on the below for students that are currently in Lakeland College, Vermillion, Alberta.

I want to book my flight next week against the third
Week of August, so it will be a bit affordable.
For a family of 4(2 adults, 3 year and A year old).

The school advise we land in Calgary International airport and take a local flight to lloydminster Local airport and from there take a cab or bus to Vermillion which is 40 minutes drive.

Another option is Edmonton International airport and 2 and half hours by road to Vermillion.

For students that are currently at Lakeland College or graduate from the College, kindly advise the best route and Airline to book.

Thanks

Book your flight to Edmonton. Then take a bus to Vermillion. Rider Express serves that route.
Please contact me a week before you arrive, so we can work out best option for you (don't get bus ticket yet).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Educhopper(m): 6:40pm On May 27
You just confidently dey spew wrong answer. Please don't mislead people.
As an international student, you need a USA visa to enter USA and a Canada visa to enter Canada. If they are citizens or PR, then it is different
Ibrahim8358:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Trueigbo: 9:10pm On May 27
good day all

1.can i use my IRCC sign on i used when i applied for student Visa to apply for visitors visa though i was denied visa then.
2.i want to go with my spouse for my younger brother wedding anniversary in Dec( he recently got a job in canada and he moved with his family from UK) i also have a sister who just finished her maters in canada.
3. i work in a bank and my wife a govt worker

please i need advice

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 9:36pm On May 27
Yes you can use the same ircc if you able to log on . Either new ircc account or the previous one, your name and passport number and biometric will come up for your new application. They have the records.

do you have travel history?

Trueigbo:
good day all

1.can i use my IRCC sign on i used when i applied for student Visa to apply for visitors visa though i was denied visa then.
2.i want to go with my spouse for my younger brother wedding anniversary in Dec( he recently got a job in canada and he moved with his family from UK) i also have a sister who just finished her maters in canada.
3. i work in a bank and my wife a govt worker

please i need advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jwgirl: 9:43pm On May 27
Please ircc email oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (1131) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Eriokanmi, IamR and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.