Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2355854 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ekpotek: 10:54am On May 21, 2017
Hi all, I am trying to help my pastor who have been invited to visit Canada in July 2017. Which is easier online or paper application? S
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ekpotek: 10:56am On May 21, 2017
Hi all, I am trying to help my pastor who have been invited to visit Canada in July 2017. Which is easier online or paper application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 12:39pm On May 21, 2017
PAPER.

ekpotek:
Hi all, I am trying to help my pastor who have been invited to visit Canada in July 2017. Which is easier online or paper application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:50pm On May 21, 2017
dynekest:

thanks bro. have really gained a lot reading through the thread which i didnt do earlier before asking the question. Can you pls help answer this as well.

I run a business, Am using the business as ties to Nigeria. Am also using the corporate account and my personal sop as part of my docs. I registered my business last year january and i think i cant get a TAX certificate till year end because new registered business are exempted from tax payments for a year after registration "Got that info from someone at the tax office". So how do i tell the embassy this since i will not include a tax certificate. someone said earlier that it is better to include tax certificate if someone is a businessman

Dear dynekest, please do not rush your application.in my opinion, you should include your own personal statement of account as it is not seen as appropriate, spending money in a company's account on vacation even if the company is yours. you should separate business from pleasure. i am not sure about the exclusion from tax payment but if you were told about this, you have to get documented evidence for it as mere words will not carry much weight. besides, if the company was registered Jan 2016 as claimed, it is currently 16 months old and should qualify for one. try to overwhelm the VO with concrete evidence in you application and please be honest.
Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ekpotek: 11:57pm On May 21, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
PAPER.

Thank you my brother. This Canada visa application is weird. I noticed there are 4 forms to be filled. One is the statutory declaration of common union law. Can you shed more light on this? If we use paper based application, will visa fee payment be collected at the VAC office in cash? How much is the current visa fee for tourist visa?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 8:48am On May 22, 2017
[quote author=ekpotek post=56752071]

That particular form is for spouses. Common Law Union is a marriage recognised by the courts
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dynekest: 10:40am On May 22, 2017
Jawa:

Dear dynekest, please do not rush your application.in my opinion, you should include your own personal statement of account as it is not seen as appropriate, spending money in a company's account on vacation even if the company is yours. you should separate business from pleasure. i am not sure about the exclusion from tax payment but if you were told about this, you have to get documented evidence for it as mere words will not carry much weight. besides, if the company was registered Jan 2016 as claimed, it is currently 16 months old and should qualify for one. try to overwhelm the VO with concrete evidence in you application and please be honest.
Best of luck

Thanks bro. One more question. I live in an apartment I inherited from my late father, Also I have two duplex and some landed properties, all inherited and all documents in my father's name. Can I use this as ties, if yes how do I go about that.

And up there I meant personal SOA, not sop

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 3:40pm On May 22, 2017
Which airline please?
wayinoma:

It was booked
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 22, 2017
johnpoko:
Good day everyone, please can I go to the Canadian embassy to seek asylum, I'm going through a rough time now please someone should reply me please its very critical.
LOL @ John. Abeg, take am easy ooh. Life na jeeje o. Things can always get better bro..keep putting your trust in God and never give up. Have you reapplied since last year? I think I still remember your case vividly.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2017
ekpotek:

Thank you my brother. This Canada visa application is weird. I noticed there are 4 forms to be filled. One is the statutory declaration of common union law.
A common law union is an informal union. In other words an informal marriage.

Download and use the guide to filling the forms from the IRCC website.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexycool01(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2017
I plan to travel to Canada on a visit. I am a student studying in cyprus but Canadian embassy is not located in the country I am. How do I go about that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ropodinho3633(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2017
Pls house I need info about how to write ....
Introduction letter to the embassy, I'm a student in China thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seun4FastLoans(f): 1:46pm On May 23, 2017
Quick one house

Someone said my company does not have an official website that it might be an issue. I am gathering my documents to submit for visa application. Does it matter please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 4:53pm On May 23, 2017
Hello house. Please I want to find out. My cousins who is presently doing his masters in usa.wants to apply for a Canada visiting visa Please I need advise from the house. Does he stand any chance of getting the visa while his doing his masters Programme. He intends to apply with his wife who is his dependent n child who was born in the usa. Pls what they chances of getting the visa. grin cool tongue angry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lifestyle1(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2017
Seun4FastLoans:
Quick one house

Someone said my company does not have an official website that it might be an issue. I am gathering my documents to submit for visa application. Does it matter please

It's not difficult to get a website running. So I don't think its necessary.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 7:29pm On May 23, 2017
No one knows the chance. Lets not deceive ourselves. its 50-50.

kokorita:
Hello house. Please I want to find out. My cousins who is presently doing his masters in usa.wants to apply for a Canada visiting visa Please I need advise from the house. Does he stand any chance of getting the visa while his doing his masters Programme. He intends to apply with his wife who is his dependent n child who was born in the usa. Pls what they chances of getting the visa. grin cool tongue angry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 25, 2017
jayfierce:
A common law union is an informal union. In other words an informal marriage.

Download and use the guide to filling the forms from the IRCC website.

Good evening my people,

I also intend applying for a visit visa next month.

My uncle invited me,

He has sent the invitation letter,PR no and statement of account.

I have seen the form but everything just looks confusing to me

I need a serious guide as regards filling and submission.

The visa fee too?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by irewole1: 10:08pm On May 25, 2017
This thread is interesting, am new to the page. I love to relocate to Canada. I have gone through the websites of couple of Province and Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan caught my attention. Alberta in particular, do I need to get employment offer to be qualified? Please help out!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yerwachic: 8:51am On May 27, 2017
Hello house.
Thank you guys for the helpful information.
I am thinking of visiting Montreal this summer
with my 2 daughters for like 2 weeks.
Is it possible to get the visa because we don't
know anyone there? What documents will the girls and I need?
And how much roughly will be enough for our
trip.
And then how much account balance should be in my account.
Bless you all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 10:40pm On May 27, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:15pm On May 28, 2017
dynekest:

Thanks bro. One more question. I live in an apartment I inherited from my late father, Also I have two duplex and some landed properties, all inherited and all documents in my father's name. Can I use this as ties, if yes how do I go about that.

And up there I meant personal SOA, not sop

Hi, you should bear in mind that you cannot qualify for a visa with another persons ties. Properties are just a way to show you have something tangible to bring you back home, its not a must to own one to qualify for a visa. People with no properties get issued visas all the time. If these are now yours, why not follow through the legal proceedings and make them officially yours first. As always, you cannot convince a VO if you are not convinced yourself. Best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josessybj: 5:03am On May 29, 2017
Paper route is the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 8:59pm On May 29, 2017
kokorita:
Please I want to ask. Is Abuja application treated in Abuja. Or Lagos Because I noticed Abuja applications are treated faster. Then Lagos ... shocked

@kokorita, I would appreciate if you can share with us a list of all documents you submitted with your application so it can be beneficial to everyone. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 4:44pm On May 30, 2017
Please visa s applied for in abuja, is the issuing post abuja or Lagos
for those who were successful that applied through abuja
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 4:45pm On May 30, 2017
Because I noticed that visa s applied for in abuba takes 1 month and 13 days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:26pm On May 30, 2017
johnpoko:
Good day everyone, please can I go to the Canadian embassy to seek asylum, I'm going through a rough time now please someone should reply me please its very critical.

Dear Johnpoko, i am sorry for whatever you are going through but please reconsider. apart from the fact that you have to first qualify for a visa, be issued a visa and land in Canada to even start this process, it is a very long and tricky process. you will be subjected to various hearings and it is almost impossible that you dont change your story which of course is a big problem once you do. this is also a tormenting process and it doesnt always end well. please reconsider.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:33pm On May 30, 2017
lexycool01:
I plan to travel to Canada on a visit. I am a student studying in cyprus but Canadian embassy is not located in the country I am. How do I go about that

Hi Lexycool01, this will largely depend on the part of cyprus you temporarily reside and study. to the best of my knowledge, the northern cyprus region is governed by Turkey while the southern part is governed by Greece. so depending, you will have to turn in your application in Ankara or istanbul in turkey or Athens in Greece. i dont know cyprus well but if you reside in the nicosia region, you may have to visit Ankara which i think is closer than istanbul.best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:37pm On May 30, 2017
irewole1:
This thread is interesting, am new to the page. I love to relocate to Canada. I have gone through the websites of couple of Province and Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan caught my attention. Alberta in particular, do I need to get employment offer to be qualified? Please help out!!!

Hi, the express entry requirements have greatly changed in the past six months. you can get an invitation without a job offer. for very detailed information, you may have to visit the Express Entry Thread here on nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:44pm On May 30, 2017
yerwachic:
Hello house.
Thank you guys for the helpful information.
I am thinking of visiting Montreal this summer
with my 2 daughters for like 2 weeks.
Is it possible to get the visa because we don't
know anyone there? What documents will the girls and I need?
And how much roughly will be enough for our
trip.
And then how much account balance should be in my account.
Bless you all

hi yerwachic, Montreal is a great choice, you'll love it. it is completely possible to secure visas without any invitations. you just need to get your documentation right and your story convincing. the financial part of the trip may be on the high side. montreal is a french city; largest Quebec city i guess. so the french culture is there and one of the things that comes with the french culture is high cost. if you have made any trips to francophone africa, you'll understand what i mean. you may have to budget 5000CAD for this trip including flight tickets and for your planned duration but of course it depends on things you'd want to do.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:48pm On May 30, 2017
Graceee:
Please visa s applied for in abuja, is the issuing post abuja or Lagos
for those who were successful that applied through abuja

Hi Graceee, i am honestly not sure how this is done. my first Canadian visa was issued in lagos. newer was accra. my little sister's own was issued in london while my big sister's was issued in accra. we all applied in lagos via paper in earlier years and online post 2013. i dont understand how it works but it matters not really as the VOs worldwide receive the same training.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 6:24pm On May 30, 2017
Oga jawa I salute you for the good works done here.

Please I really need to rub minds with you.

I have tried sending you pm which you never replied to.

Hope to hear from you big boss

Jawa:

Hi Graceee, i am honestly not sure how this is done. my first Canadian visa was issued in lagos. newer was accra. my little sister's own was issued in london while my big sister's was issued in accra. we all applied in lagos via paper and online post 2013. i dont understand how it works but it matters not really as the VOs worldwide receive the same training.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.