Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2314580 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (1096) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
I also applied march did biometrics on the 23rd, and nothing yet. Don't know how the process works but the waiting game is tiring. I've just taken my mind off it, praying and hoping tho

anniora:
Please I submitted my application online and had my biometric taken since on the 19th of March, 2017. I haven't heard from them as regards the status of my application. Please should I send an email, if yes kindly assist with the email address please. Secondly, I am based in port harcourt, will I have to return back to the VAC to submit the passport if asked to produce it or can it be sent via courier. Kindly respond thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by peppers: 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and I have a question.

If one is refused, would it be on the person's international passport? Also, if it is not, does one need to ever state it on other travel documents or information?

I did not attach a return ticket and i paid for hotel reservation as advised by the agent.

I also did an online application and I was asked to go for biometrics, I went the next day and i was sent my tracking number but it reads no records on VFS and on my CIC portal, it now shows we do not need biometrics as against wat it was showing before which was asking me to go for biometrics. my application also shows submitted as against in process.

please advise.

thank you

Jawa:

Hi, please dont be in a hurry to reapply. Apply for your GCMS notes. This may clarify things further. Then address its issues with documents. If this is properly done, then you have overcome the presumption and should qualify for a visa. I get confused when people say things like 'repackage and refire'. a VOs decision is not personal. When an applicant reapplies, One of the things the new VO may do is to make reference to the refused application . They work to implement immigration laws which are even online and you can read them. VOs are more confident when they see you know what you're doing. The best, always.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Meggito:
It's past 60 days already, I also applied march 21 and nothing yet, it's so tiring tho.

Just calm down sir Canadian embassy are treating loads of applications right now.

I can assure you before the months Ends you will hear from them.

Have you been called Medicals?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Love12345123456: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
expertman:

Just calm down sir Canadian embassy are treating loads of applications right now.

I can assure you before the months Ends you will hear from them.

Have you been called Medicals?
I don't think visitor visa needs to undergo medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
Love12345123456:

I don't think visitor visa needs to undergo medicals.

Yes I also noticed that as I couldn't find the upload section of I need medicals.

Well it is well. It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justmechika: 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=justmechika post=56465017][/quote]

hi Jawa, thank you for your previous responses. Please i'd appreciate your response on this. Like i stated previously, my application was refused based on limited economic and social ties. So i'v been thinking, in trying to address this issue what can i really use as social and economic ties? Does pension statement account count? (Cos i didnt include it in my previous app), i have 3 years work experience. I don't have landed properties tho my dad has lands and houses which i am entitled to. Can it serve as one? Please i really need your input. I want to get it right this time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Prinzgwealth: 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
Pls I wanted to travel to Canada but I need info on how to start the process?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
Prinzgwealth:
Pls I wanted to travel to Canada but I need info on how to start the process?

Kindly go through the thread from the first page.

Also what's your purpose of travelling.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
Bros Jawa,

Pls EPP.

A friend was refused. The only thing in his refusal letter was *did not provide further information upon request*

He says he did not get any request for further info from embassy and the letter did not even state the information they requested.

Can you share your thoughts on this kind of situation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Domdiv: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Hello Nairalanders in the house, please I need your advise from anyone who is experience in Canadian applications. I have this IMM 0008 (03-2017) E, GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA.
1. After filling the form, how do one submit it? Is it online or by post?
2. Do i need to pay any money for the Application or any fee to Canada, or is it free?
3. Any receipt of fund accompanying the filled form?
4. I the principal applicant have an international passport but my spouse and children don't have international passport which is requested on the form, will the application be refused if I tick no passport?

Any vital information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justmechika: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=Jawa post=56285583]

hi Jawa, thank you for your previous responses. Please i'd appreciate your response on this. Like i stated previously, my application was refused based on limited economic and social ties. So i'v been thinking, in trying to address this issue what can i really use as social and economic ties? Does pension statement account count? (Cos i didnt include it in my previous app), i have 3 years work experience. I don't have landed properties tho my dad has lands and houses which i am entitled to. Can it serve as one? Please i really need your input. I want to get it right this time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
nefertitiram:
Bros Jawa,

Pls EPP.

A friend was refused. The only thing in his refusal letter was *did not provide further information upon request*

He says he did not get any request for further info from embassy and the letter did not even state the information they requested.

He should apply for GCMS and then look at the situation for the refusal and refire.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Domdiv:
Hello Nairalanders in the house, please I need your advise from anyone who is experience in Canadian applications. I have this IMM 0008 (03-2017) E, GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA.
1. After filling the form, how do one submit it? Is it online or by post?
2. Do i need to pay any money for the Application or any fee to Canada, or is it free?
3. Any receipt of fund accompanying the filled form?
4. I the principal applicant have an international passport but my spouse and children don't have international passport which is requested on the form, will the application be refused if I tick no passport?

Any vital information will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Firstly let me ask if you are submitting online or through VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Domdiv: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
I downloaded the form from the net

But I don't know the best way to submit it.
and I don't have much idea on requirement for submission

expertman:

Firstly let me ask if you are submitting online or through VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Domdiv:

I downloaded the form from the net

But I don't know the best way to submit it.
and I don't have much idea on requirement for submission

Hmmmmmm this is really hard because it shows you actually don't have any idea of what you doing.

I will implore you to read from page 0 of this page
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello gurus.

I just realized a "minor" mistake in my application, whilst I was going through the documents I submitted. In my SOP and LOE, I wrote 2016, instead of 2017, for the date of my travel. This is due to the fact, I used the letter that I wrote for the visa application of my vacation last year as a template. I changed the dates and months but apparently, the year skipped my sight. The other documents (application form, hotel bookings, flight reservation) all carry 2017, just the SOP and LOE. Should I be worried? If yes, how can I correct this in time, before it causes any problems?

Dear SamReinvented, as advised by Awelekiti, you can send correction email to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca and accra.immigration@international.gc.ca but dont lose sleep over this, it is indeed minor and your application will not be refused for it. major errors are mostly when it comes to an applicants DOB or issues about criminal history.best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
peppers:
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and I have a question.

If one is refused, would it be on the person's international passport? Also, if it is not, does one need to ever state it on other travel documents or information?

I did not attach a return ticket and i paid for hotel reservation as advised by the agent.

I also did an online application and I was asked to go for biometrics, I went the next day and i was sent my tracking number but it reads no records on VFS and on my CIC portal, it now shows we do not need biometrics as against wat it was showing before which was asking me to go for biometrics. my application also shows submitted as against in process.

please advise.

thank you

dear peppers, this is the 21st century and the digital era. nobody needs to stamp 'refused' on anybody's passport but let that not deceive you. the documentation of the digital age is top notch and most 1st world country visas are MRVs meaning any authorized person with the right computer can read circumstances even considered before issuance. so to answer your first question, you have to always agree to your refusals. it does not weigh down your application per say especially if you have addressed its issues.it also shows youre honest but this honesty is expected of you also so no reward points there. once you lie about refusals, for canada, you will be refused and even if issued, it can be cancelled anytime, sometimes without prior notice.
secondly, it is wrong to not attach a return ticket. it shows absolutely no plans of return to your home country. this may cost you but again every application is different and this is a holistic approach. paying for a hotel does not improve your chances of getting a visa. dont spend your hard earned money prior to that foil being affixed.
i am not sure what you're asking in the last part but if you have done your bio-metrics, your application is considered complete and it shall be queued and await its turn for a VOs assessment.Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
justmechika:

dear justmechika, canadian VOs are thorough and one of the ways to go is overwhelming them with relevant and truthful documents.
the pension has been built over a period of three months and its your hard earned money so why not? it should be in your application.
you have three years work experience; in your letter of explanation, did you explain to the VO how significant this is? how you expect a promotion in a certain period that you'd rather wait for than to disappear to a country where you cant work on a certain visa you seek?
if you are entitled to the land your father owns, can you get it converted to yours? if no, can you get documentation showing that this land has been willed to you and notarize it?
if you husband resides in canada fully, point out how you both have planned to handle visits and how this will not be violated and why.
take your time and make sure you are convinced everything is right.best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
nefertitiram:
Bros Jawa,

Pls EPP.

dear nefertitiram, sorry for your friend's refusal. i shall question the honesty of your friend first before i question the VOs possible mistake of omission. let me remind you that a VO makes further requests mostly when a document seems fraudulent and most of the times, applicants don't reply because indeed the document was fraudulent. if this is not the case with your friend, he can appeal. this is however, a long and annoying process which may not end well and it may even do him more good to just reapply. if he applied online, this request letter always pop up in the messages but i do not know how it is sent over in paper applications as i didn't have any refused paper applications prior to 2013 before the online became conversant to everyone. this is a rather unfortunate situation because when VOs request for clarification, they are just somewhat in-between and need a little more convincing from the applicant to win them over for issuance.
i would not expect his refusal letter to contain this detail but his GCMS notes will.
best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Domdiv: 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
I am filling the form online and to submit via same. But do i need to pay anything fee

expertman:

Hmmmmmm this is really hard because it shows you actually don't have any idea of what you doing.

I will implore you to read from page 0 of this page
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jawa:

dear nefertitiram, sorry for your friend's refusal. i shall question the honesty of your friend first before i question the VOs possible mistake of omission. let me remind you that a VO makes further requests mostly when a document seems fraudulent and most of the times, applicants don't reply because indeed the document was fraudulent. if this is not the case with your friend, he can appeal. this is however, a long and annoying process which may not end well and it may even do him more good to just reapply. if he applied online, this request letter always pop up in the messages but i do not know how it is sent over in paper applications as i didn't have any refused paper applications prior to 2013 before the online became conversant to everyone. this is a rather unfortunate situation because when VOs request for clarification, they are just somewhat in-between and need a little more convincing from the applicant to win them over for issuance.
i would not expect his refusal letter to contain this detail but his GCMS notes will.
best of luck.

Baba o nice response please do you know how online applicants can apply for GCMS request?

Tuale big boss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Domdiv:
I am filling the form online and to submit via same. But do i need to pay anything fee

Yes you will need to pay 100CDN application fee and 85CDN Biometrics fee before you can successfully submit your application online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Domdiv: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ok. Thx a lot.

But how much is it in naira? And how do I make this payment?

Also, my spouse and children don't have international passport, will it disqualify my application?

quote author=expertman post=57192274]

Yes you will need to pay 100CDN application fee and 85CDN Biometrics fee before you can successfully submit your application online. [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
expertman:

Baba o nice response please do you know how online applicants can apply for GCMS request?

Tuale big boss

dear expertman, GCMS notes can be applied for online. the route i know is via http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp or https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/ but you may need a canadian resident to help you out with this.

@justmechika, please can you assist with this to help expertman out here. thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jawa:

dear expertman, GCMS notes can be applied for online. the route i know is via http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp or https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/ but you may need a canadian resident to help you out with this.

@justmechika, please can you assist with this to help expertman out here. thank you

Okay bro. Thanks I found gcmsnow. Com
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=Domdiv post=57192928]Ok. Thx a lot.

But how much is it in naira? And how do I make this payment?

Also, my spouse and children don't have international passport, will it disqualify my application?

quote author=expertman post=57192274]

It depends on your bank you using what you will do is check abokifx.com look for your bank and see their bank charges rates to a Canadian dollars then multiply it by the 185CDN.

If your children and wife will not accompany you on your trip then not neccesary they have international passports.

Just submit yours. Wish you successful trip
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justmechika: 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=Jawa post=571932

@justmechika, please can you assist with this to help expertman out here. thank you[/quote]

hi @expertman, i used the link gcmsnow.com.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
Meggito:
I think I'll just wait a while. I applied about 10 days after you, so I'll wait that time frame out, if nothing then, I'll email them.

My passport is back from vfsglobal and I was given 3yrs . i.e till my current passport expires

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
awelekiti:
Have it corrected asap and send them an email, attaching the corrected docs. To err is human. I and colleague had made worse mistakes in the past. What we simply did was send them mail alongside the corrected docs. Amazingly, the CIC too often makes costly mistakes on visa stickers...typo errors, swapping applicants' docs, etc. Don't fret, pls.

Jawa:

Dear SamReinvented, as advised by Awelekiti, you can send correction email to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca and accra.immigration@international.gc.ca but dont lose sleep over this, it is indeed minor and your application will not be refused for it. major errors are mostly when it comes to an applicants DOB or issues about criminal history.best of luck

thanks a lot for your replies. As regards the attachment in the mail; should it be just the SOP and LOE, containing the mistake? Or along with the other documents that I merged with them, in their respective upload columns?

Thanks again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dynekest: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
overlord77:

My passport is back from vfsglobal and I was given 3yrs . i.e till my current passport expires

Congrats bro, can you list the docs you submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Domdiv: 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Thanks A lot you have been of immense help. I will like to ask one more question, how or where do I make the payment? Because it is the receipt I need to attached to my form.

quote author=expertman post=57194620][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (1096) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Golden2024, maziemeka2024, oluayebenz and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.