Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2315731 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 4:49am On Jun 12, 2017
[quote author=deejay102 post=57369331]

Is it a crime to have a gf/wife in Canada and want to visit? Even though this is what experience says, I feel it isn't cast in stone. If you have a job, kids and all here as home tiez, the individual can also abandon them all if

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 4:55am On Jun 12, 2017
Jawa:

Hi deejay102, why do you have so much doubt? You know every application is different. People who earn four times my salary get denied visas daily while secondary school students get approved daily. Every application is assessed differently and circumstances differ. Ties evaluation is a wholistic approach. Please make sure you eventually clear these doubts before applying to get value for your money. If you apply for a visa with doubts, it'll hardly come out well. A VO is trained to see through your application. Be patient. Best of luck

Thank you once again for stopping by. Always appreciated. What I am doing is actually trying to clear my doubts or at least address it in my explanation.. I understand applications are different and each treated uniquely. I am doing my best to have an air tight application to the best of my ability and as confidently as I can. Thank you again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 4:58am On Jun 12, 2017
Fortissimo502:

It's not cast in stone. I got a visa to visit my fiancee.

Oh! Thank you! Some hope there.. However, did you have the home ties hurdle? When did you get the visa? If you don't mind, can you list docs presented especially the ties? I need to see my wife seriously... Loneliness is killing me o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 5:05am On Jun 12, 2017
[quote author=deejay102 post=57433053]

Oh! Thank

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 5:07am On Jun 12, 2017
Fortissimo502:

I'm a student in the US. I submitted the following:

Teaching assistantship letter
Payslips
Employment verification letter
Lease agreement
Bank statement
Proof of payment of tuition
Fellowship letter
Proof of enrollment
Detailed itinerary
Letter of explanation
Invitation letter with all her details

That's about it.

Thanks. Your situation is quite different but somewhat related.. I can see the ties to US clearly. I appreciate you time. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 5:10am On Jun 12, 2017
deejay102:

Thanks. Your situation is quite different but somewhat related.. I can see the ties to US clearly. I appreciate you time. Thank you

Alright you're welcome. I hope you're able to get it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2017
Hi fortissimo , pls wanna find out. My cousin is presently a student in the United state , his wife is his dependent. There only child is an American citizen. He intends to apply for a visiting visa to Canada. His child hood friend is willy to invite him and send him all necessary documents needed. But his fear is that he was once refused Canada visa with his wife. In 2015. The reason for refusal was based on current employment status. What ur advice. Thanks grin cool
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by unclerukus666: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jawa:

dear unclerukus666, in my opinion, you seem to be relying on your step-mum's ties to canada to secure a visa. this is a wrong approach and may not end well. as a visitor, your duty is to demonstrate to the VO that you are established at home and that it is indeed a temporary visit permit you seek. the timing of your application may be late if you plan to travel int the planned period. basic documents you may need as a student;
a well drafted letter of introduction explaining why you're making this trip, the plans you've made to handle all sectors the VO would be interested in including, but not limited to; accommodation, transportation, funding, travel history, why this trip is to be made to Canada and most importantly why you cannot abandon your studies and disappear.
all CIC forms duly completed and signed
your international passport
documents to backup accommodation, transport, money(account statement), sponsorship letter(very detailed including your name, DOB, passport number and specifically how much you're sponsored with), school introduction letter properly endorsed and possibly your academic transcripts.you must also show evidence that this woman is your step mum.
keep your application truthful. Best of luck
Hi jawa
Thanks for the previous advice.
I now have all necessary documents, includes a letter of visitation. but i heard i need to get a sponsorship letter and bank statement from someone here, and it could be from my (mother, father, uncle or even a family friend ).
So what should be the content of the letter of sponsorship.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by unclerukus666: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
deejay102:

Thank you once again for stopping by. Always appreciated. What I am doing is actually trying to clear my doubts or at least address it in my explanation.. I understand applications are different and each treated uniquely. I am doing my best to have an air tight application to the best of my ability and as confidently as I can. Thank you again.
Hi jawa
I now have all necessary documents, includes a letter of visitation. but i heard i need to get a sponsorship letter and bank statement from someone here, and it could be from my (mother, father, uncle or even a family friend ).
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sarang(f): 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
Fortissimo502:

It's not cast in stone. I got a visa to visit my fiancee.

Can you tell me what you submitted? Did you also tell them that it's your fiancee?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Sarang:

Can you tell me what you submitted? Did you also tell them that it's your fiancee?

Yes I told them that. Check my previous post to see d docs submitted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
kokorita:
Hi fortissimo , pls wanna find out. My cousin is presently a student in the United state , his wife is his dependent. There only child is an American citizen. He intends to apply for a visiting visa to Canada. His child hood friend is willy to invite him and send him all necessary documents needed. But his fear is that he was once refused Canada visa with his wife. In 2015. The reason for refusal was based on current employment status. What ur advice. Thanks grin cool

He should go for it while proving enough ties to US and if possible, Nigeria too. Processing time is about 3weeks so it's not too long a wait time. I don't think the previous refusal is a big deal especially now that his circumstances have changed.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dynekest: 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2017
Is it compulsory to add LOE? My SOP contains all necessary details already, I don't know what else to explain o.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by highway04: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hello House, please i need some advise. I just returned from UK on 2nd of this month for 7 days conference. I work as the CEO to my company and GO of my Ministry, fully registered and Inc. Last friday i submitted trv for two weeks vacation in montreal canada coming in August 2017. I submitted a six months statement of account with printing balance of 5m, previous visas like UK, Italy, Qatar, Mexico, Georgia, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia and stamps, CAC of my ministry and business, making two CAC, Purpose of visit letter, cover letter, travel history letter, letter to list all my credit accounts with Gtbqnk, photocipes of duplicatebreceipts of my transaction in my rental business, marriage certificate, child birth cert, wedding pix and child church dedication pix, landed documents both for church and personal. Please what are my chances?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Love12345123456: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
highway04:
Hello House, please i need some advise. I just returned from UK on 2nd of this month for days seven conference. I work as the CEO to my company and GO of my Ministry, fully registered and Inc. Last friday i submitted trv for two weeks vacation in montreal canada coming in August 2017. I submitted a six months statement of account with printing balance of 5m, previous visas like UK, Italy, Qatar, Mexico, Georgia, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia and stamps, CAC of my ministry and business, making two CAC, Purpose of visit letter, cover letter, travel history letter, letter to list all my credit accounts with Gtbqnk, photocipes of duplicatebreceipts of my transaction in my rental business, marriage certificate, child birth cert, wedding pix and child church dedication pix, landed documents both for church and personal. Please what are my chances?
Your chances will be known when your passport is returned to you, so cross your feet and wait.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jay500(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hello All , How long does it take to get Canada Visa Issued ? I have submitted my application (Paper based) for past 55days and no response yet from the VFS . I am due to travel to US in 10days and i have my ticket already . Its confusing because i read it takes only 2-3weeks to issues TRV Visa ? What do i do ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Joe980: 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hello people...just want to know if anyone has same experience with my sister. She got her package from CIC no visa was issued and no refusal letter included in her returned documents. Thanks for the responses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2017
Dear fortissimo , thanks a lot for your prompt respond, please I wanna ask again when you say ties in Nigeria what do you mean by that can you please throw more light on that thanks grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
unclerukus666:

Hi jawa
Thanks

hi, please keep your sponsorship to your nuclear family. its always best that way.
the letter should be concise. introducing you in every detail including your DOB and passport number and specifically how much money you are being sponsored with and why. signed by the sponsor with contact details. also include a relationship evidence to the sponsor. maybe their passport data page and if its a parent, your birth certificate clearly showing the names as on the passports. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
jay500:
Hello All , How long does it take to get Canada Visa Issued ? I have submitted my application (Paper based) for past 55days and no response yet from the VFS . I am due to travel to US in 10days and i have my ticket already . Its confusing because i read it takes only 2-3weeks to issues TRV Visa ? What do i do ?

dear jay500, sorry for this dilemma, it is a sad one. this may be specifically the situation considered before the online portal was introduced. in my opinion, you have two options;
1) contact the immigration office and request to pull your passport and make your US trip. this pays off sometimes especially if this request comes in when your processing time has well elapsed and can push them to process but i wont bet on that.
2)postpone your US trip if its a completely leisure trip and wont cost too much and continue waiting. this will be particularly painful if the TRV is refused but be positive.
you know your circumstances fully so you will be a better judge of the option that suits you.
best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
Joe980:
Hello people...just want to know if anyone has same experience with my sister. She got her package from CIC no visa was issued and no refusal letter included in her returned documents. Thanks for the responses.

dear Joe980, i have not experienced this personally. however, if a passport is returned without a visa sticker, the TRV request has been refused. the absent letter is most likely an omission in the part of the visa officer as they are also human. i think she should apply for her GCMS notes to get the detailed reasons for her refusal. before she plans to reapply.good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by unclerukus666: 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jawa:

hi ifymeme, every application is different and on its own merits.with a simple request, the VO already knows about your US history and may have foreseen this plan you just concluded on. you mentioned you applied via paper route meaning your passport is included in your application. the VO will see the US visa and note that. however, a US visa will not guarantee a canadian visa(should influence but not guarantee) whether used or not. i know people personally who have valid US visas, traveled multiple times before applying for a canadian TRV and it was refused. dont stress it, VOs understand plans change. last year, i had planned in an application to visit saskatoon and Calgary international as my POE. work happened and i didnt have any space. eventually traveled november via Pearson intl in Toronto on egyptair because lufthansa wanted to kill me with pricing on the calcary route.
my opinion is, your application has already been made, you cant really change it. just keep your fingers crossed,regret nothing and pray it goes well so you can cross over and over in Niagara falls and chop life.
alternatively, you can email them about this new plan and its details and see how that goes. best of luck
Hi jawa
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by unclerukus666: 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2017
deejay102:

Hi jawa
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Joe980: 4:46am On Jun 13, 2017
Thanks for your swift response, how do we go about File Number cause I know this could only be gotten from the letter which wasn't attached
Jawa:
dear Joe980, i have not experienced this personally. however, if a passport is returned without a visa sticker, the TRV request has been refused. the absent letter is most likely an omission in the part of the visa officer as they are also human. i think she should apply for her GCMS notes to get the detailed reasons for her refusal. before she plans to reapply.good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 13, 2017
Jawa:

Dear sarang, kaptainafrica is only cautioning you. In my opinion, it is a good gesture. We are all here to learn from one another. You cannot deny the fact that this is always a very great burden to overcome. Indeed the instances he gave are plausible and the VO may think of that. You may want to point it out and address that in the explanation letter. If you dont admit it and follow the application one step at a time and very intellectually, it may be refused. Please know that this task is not an easy one. Best of luck.
Good morning Jawa. In fact, I don't know where to start...every time I come on this thread to read comments, I feel a sigh of relief. What I always say is, I've found a twin bro lol. my mind always does pray for you. I often ask while reading your posts that...so I'm not the only one who's always detailed with long explanations here, lol. It's good to know that, despite our very tight schedules, we still are able to help in a way with our experience and if that's the only thing we can do to humanity in a selfless manner, God will always appreciate it. Please keep up the good work. Know this fact Jawa, many will attack, despise, even deride you but please don't be deterred cos there's a reward for what you're doing. Those who benefit from your tips, hints and pieces of advice may not appreciate it but God surely will. Have a great day bro.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sarang(f): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2017
Fortissimo502:
Hi house anyone here in Saskatoon?

Ya
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 8:23am On Jun 13, 2017
Weren't you sent an email?

[qwuote author=CHERIPH post=57468160]House , i applied for visit on January via online.. please check out what i saw when i checked my online application details: no attachment found and i have not gotten any reason for refusal

-Application status - A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
-Review of eligibility - We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.
-Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
-Biometrics -Completed.
-Background check - Your background check was completed.
-Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 8:41am On Jun 13, 2017
i was sent an email that i have an update. so i found this in application details without any attachment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:46am On Jun 13, 2017
awelekiti:
Good morning Jawa. In fact, I don't know where to start...every time I come on this thread to read comments, I feel a sigh of relief. What I always say is, I've found a twin bro lol. my mind always does pray for you. I often ask while reading your posts that...so I'm not the only one who's always detailed with long explanations here, lol. It's good to know that, despite our very tight schedules, we still are able to help in a way with our experience and if that's the only thing we can do to humanity in a selfless manner, God will always appreciate it. Please keep up the good work. Know this fact Jawa, many will attack, despise, even deride you but please don't be deterred cos there's a reward for what you're doing. Those who benefit from your tips, hints and pieces of advice may not appreciate it but God surely will. Have a great day bro.

Yeah! A very good morning to you.... I'm yet to differentiate between you both though. Jawa seems to be a much more humane side (probably the reason he hasn't come under fire) of you but got lots of similarities with you. Either ways, whether you are one and the same or not, you are both good, I like and appreciate your views. What causes trouble here is the moment anyone comes across as an agent or even tries to sway participants here into private conversations, particularly the ones that has trappings of monetary extortion (that's up to participants though), that one will always meet stiff/vehement/intense resistance from key contributors here. You guys keep the good work you are doing and kudos will abound! Many regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by azelab: 8:59am On Jun 13, 2017
please enlight me sir/ma, is it possible to secure an unskilled job through a canadian agent without being interviewed by the employer likewise no experience, no certificate and no ielts score are requested by the agent. meanwhile the agent said i will pay $200 for certificate of acceptance in Quebec Canada immediately my employment contract letter is out. please are all these possible so that i won't be scamed. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ifyonyem1, Angel2500, maziemeka2024, Anndav(f), KodakBlack and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.