Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2315162 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by flow2davis: 11:09am On Jun 16, 2017
We applied March 27, his approved yesterday. No recent update in my application.

Meggito:
Hello, when in March did you apply and when was your husband approved. Also did you notice any update in your application?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dimpules8: 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
AbbeyChristy:

Really ? Thanks @dimpules8. So how will U now do it ? Apply for baby ?
Yes, that's d plan. Since I stated that I am going alone, I'll do just that and apply for baby later from there. Fortunately my elder baby doesn't nd a visa so it is just for this one. Wud have gone back to the States to deliver and save myself ds, but I submitted my passport. So don't let the whole application process disrupt u,the uncertainty can lead to high BP.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamleye(m): 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hello my fellow Nairalanders, I have been a silent follower of this trend since 2013. Kudos to everyone helping out to make this trend a place to trust for visa applications. I am much appreciative of everyone here, contributing in one way or another as i got my first US visa through this platform without paying a dime to anyone.
My wife and I got our Canada TRV approved on 09/06/2017. She got a 5 years visa while i was issued till expiration of my passport (1 Year 6 months).
It took a total of 9 days as we submitted on 01/06/2017. Our application was submitted at the Visa Application Center in Nairobi.

Below were the documents submitted:

1.Completed Application forms
2.Statement of Account ($15000)
3.Marriage Certificate
4.Appointment Letter from Work
5.Pay Slip Though i earn little as a volunteer
6.Introduction Letter/Leave Letter
7.Work ID (My wife and I)
8.Residency Card (My wife and I)- I work in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
9.Wifey Business Registration.
10.Land Survey
11.Wedding Pictures
12.Boarding Passes of previous flight (My wife and I)- I have traveled to Ghana, South Africa, United State, Ethiopia, Kenya, France, Senegal and China, Wifey has traveled to Ghana, Kenya and Ethiopia.
13.Tourist Package from Tour4Fun booked and paid for.
14.Hotel Reservation for 5 night using my GTBank Card
15.Flight Reservation on Ethiopian Airlines.

Then I prayed..Serious Prayers!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hello house, there is thus question i need assistance on.
Funds available for my stay (CA)

The issue is that I'm only paying for my air ticket while my accommodation/feeding et al is on the person inviting me.
Thus making it difficult for me to know the amount to fill. I don't want to input figures that will be too small or...

$2000(CAD) or $3000(CAD)?

URGENT PLEASE.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
awelekiti:
Good morning Jawa. In fact, I don't know where to start...every time I come on this thread to read comments, I feel a sigh of relief. What I always say is, I've found a twin bro lol. my mind always does pray for you. I often ask while reading your posts that...so I'm not the only one who's always detailed with long explanations here, lol. It's good to know that, despite our very tight schedules, we still are able to help in a way with our experience and if that's the only thing we can do to humanity in a selfless manner, God will always appreciate it. Please keep up the good work. Know this fact Jawa, many will attack, despise, even deride you but please don't be deterred cos there's a reward for what you're doing. Those who benefit from your tips, hints and pieces of advice may not appreciate it but God surely will. Have a great day bro.

Hi Awelekiti, your kind gesture is very well received. thank you. you put in so much time here too. i dont even know if i can ever do as much. my work is hectic and pulls me out of the house even weekends sometimes. i can only do as much as i can. thanks also specially for the tip. people seem to have different reasons to be here but i just want to help and learn in the process.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
azelab:
please enlight me sir/ma, is it possible to secure an unskilled job through a canadian agent without being interviewed by the employer likewise no experience, no certificate and no ielts score are requested by the agent. meanwhile the agent said i will pay $200 for certificate of acceptance in Quebec Canada immediately my employment contract letter is out. please are all these possible so that i won't be scamed. thanks.

hi Azelab, run from that individual. this will not end well. how can you even plan to migrate to Quebec and not speak french? and for a skilled trade job? Quebec is even worse than France. in some parts, you cant get around with English at all. how do you intend to work if you cant communicate? maybe you should review the skilled trade immigrant programs offered by the English speaking provinces and you may be lucky but be ready to do it right. write language exams and arrange all necessary documents. please don't take this approach, it most likely will not end well.if you plan to withhold information or lie, Canada is not the country. my opinion. best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AbbeyChristy: 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
dimpules8:

Yes, that's d plan. Since I stated that I am going alone, I'll do just that and apply for baby later from there. Fortunately my elder baby doesn't nd a visa so it is just for this one. Wud have gone back to the States to deliver and save myself ds, but I submitted my passport. So don't let the whole application process disrupt u,the uncertainty can lead to high BP.

Yeah, thanks . . true. The uncertainty want to high my already managed BP. I think we are in d same situation, my son too is US citizen. . . so, U can actually apply for baby while U are in Canada ? Then is it possible to leave baby and go to Canada alone ?? .. . Can U kindly let me know how it goes ?
I've resigned to fate and bought baby things already today.

Tnx so much for ur time @dimpules8
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
expertman:

Hello bosses,

Please How Can A Applicant Demonstrate or Phrases to use in SOP To Convince the VO That he will surely comes back to Nigeria after few weeks of Vacationing.

Note both LEAVE Letter and Introduction letter was attached to the Application while applicant is Married and also a Government Civil Servant.

would appreciate your response .

thanks in anticipation

dear Expertman, remember that assessing ties takes a holistic approach. this is why someone with small income can get a visa and someone with much more money wouldn't and also why a single man will be granted but a married man wouldn't even tho the later in the examples seem more attached at home. a statement of purpose actually doesn't carry so much weight if its not backed with appropriate documents. Best way i think an applicant can achieve this is to think of what the VO may be concerned about and explain why those circumstances shouldn't bother them(VOs). example; you can tell the VO you know work is not permitted on a visit visa and explain you have to come back home on specified date to resume a job you have worked for x-years and how the job is in line with the career you're building. every applicant has a different story and everything in your SOP should point the VO to the direction of thought that you are coming back home.my opinion. best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 7:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
feranmi84:
Hello house, there is thus question i need assistance on.
Funds available for my stay (CA)

The issue is that I'm only paying for my air ticket while my accommodation/feeding et al is on the person inviting me.
Thus making it difficult for me to know the amount to fill. I don't want to input figures that will be too small or...

$2000(CAD) or $3000(CAD)?

URGENT PLEASE.

daer feranmi84, please be careful with this. this should be a budget of your trip, summing up what you are contributing and what your host/sponsor is contributing. have your host give you a signed letter with what resources they are contributing to your trip and with how much. be specific with the amount. this will generally depend on how long you intend to stay and 3000 CAD should be more than enough even for a trip to expensive Montreal but be ready to show this funds clearly in your statements or your sponsor's. money is usually not an issue in a US/Canada application unless you're seeking a student visa.my opinion. best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TRUMPMAD: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
Good day all,

Please i got a rejection for my application and my wife. We have both travelled to US and UK more than 5 times, and have our baby there.

The reason stated was that we did not state purpose of visit and no tie.

We actually stated purpose of visit and even did an excel of where to visit during the 10 days, hotels, shops, places to visit and stated a breakdown of cost.

Also we submitted our leave letters, house documents, lands and siblings details as ties.....

We want to re-apply and stating all these again. Do we have to submit new applications or still use the old one? Is there other things to write to convince the VO. Gurus of Canada please assist.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dimpules8: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Thank you Jawa the Boss

Jawa:

dear Expertman, remember that assessing ties takes a holistic approach. this is why someone with small income can get a visa and someone with much more money wouldn't and also why a single man will be granted but a married man wouldn't even tho the later in the examples seem more attached at home. a statement of purpose actually doesn't carry so much weight if its not backed with appropriate documents. Best way i think an applicant can achieve this is to think of what the VO may be concerned about and explain why those circumstances shouldn't bother them(VOs). example; you can tell the VO you know work is not permitted on a visit visa and explain you have to come back home on specified date to resume a job you have worked for x-years and how the job is in line with the career you're building. every applicant has a different story and everything in your SOP should point the VO to the direction of thought that you are coming back home.my opinion. best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dimpules8: 12:37am On Jun 17, 2017
AbbeyChristy:

Yeah, thanks . . true. The uncertainty want to high my already managed BP. I think we are in d same situation, my son too is US citizen. . . so, U can actually apply for baby while U are in Canada ? Then is it possible to leave baby and go to Canada alone ?? .. . Can U kindly let me know how it goes ?
I've resigned to fate and bought baby things already today.

Tnx so much for ur time @dimpules8
@34wks,u still have some time before baby comes(3 - 5weeks) and with ur first u would not have to buy so much for this one. Dat's wot I did. I got d most essential until I was certain I was going to deliver here. The trv I got is for study hence I can apply now or when I start school for a visit visa for the baby. If you are applying for visit, it won't be possible to apply from there. With d time u have, cic may respond so just keep enough money for quickly booking a flight and Hosp +Dr etc. Also consider extra for CS charges as u hav no Dr there yet. U know the routine. My advice is try to relax. I understand because I have been there too. Cheers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
Just be a little bit patient. I and my family applied on March 21 and nothing yet aside an update on our applications last week. Since you and hubby applied together, you'll hear from them soon, but you can send the mail if that would put your mind at peace.

flow2davis:
We applied March 27, his approved yesterday. No recent update in my application.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seun4FastLoans(f): 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hello my people. I need a quick response to this question.
An invitation letter and other documents sent from abroad is it supposed to he notarized ? Is it compulsory
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
overlord77:

I posted this more than 6 weeks ago and just this morning, i got an email from MyCiC to send in my passport. Please, does that mean the TRV has been approved?

Thanks house

Please, I submitted my TRV application online yesterday, how long will it takes the embassy to call me for my biometric? is there a time frame?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
Menakay:

Please, I submitted my TRV application online yesterday, how long will it takes the embassy to call me for my biometric? is there a time frame?

Well, I honestly don't know if there is a standardized time frame they adopt but when I submitted mine, I got a response about 5hrs later, requesting for biometric.

I submitted around 2am on a Sunday and by the time I woke up around 7am, there was an update requesting for same.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 6:13am On Jun 18, 2017
overlord77:

Well, I honestly don't know if there is a standardized time frame they adopt but when I submitted mine, I got a response about 5hrs later, requesting for biometric.

I submitted around 2am on a Sunday and by the time I woke up around 7am, there was an update requesting for same.

Ok, thanks. Did they give u a specific date to go for d biometric or u choose ur date to go by urself?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2017
Menakay:

Ok, thanks. Did they give u a specific date to go for d biometric or u choose ur date to go by urself?

Typically, you are given 30 days to get it done.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
@Jawa thanks for this.

Jawa:

daer feranmi84, please be careful with this. this should be a budget of your trip, summing up what you are contributing and what your host/sponsor is contributing. have your host give you a signed letter with what resources they are contributing to your trip and with how much. be specific with the amount. this will generally depend on how long you intend to stay and 3000 CAD should be more than enough even for a trip to expensive Montreal but be ready to show this funds clearly in your statements or your sponsor's. money is usually not an issue in a US/Canada application unless you're seeking a student visa.my opinion. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nnwanguma: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
please how much is fee for visitor visa application. Urgent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nnwanguma: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
please how much is fee for visitor visa application. Urgent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mcicze: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pls i need you guys urgent help! How can I get a tourist visa to Canada? I don't have any eligible person to send me a letter of invitation, i don't have any landed property in my name, am not married, am self employed and sponsoring myself so have up to #500.000 but no history of account(bank). Pls someone's urgent advice is needed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
Please what's the best way to make enquiry on an application? Send an email or submit the case enquiry form?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nnwanguma: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
mesh2003:
Please what's the best way to make enquiry on an application? Send an email or submit the case enquiry form?
sending an email is the best. How much did u pay for the visa fee?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hello house, any idea how long it takes for a submitted TRV application to be treated?
Want to know if i can apply 6weeks before my travel date and get response before my travel date?
Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
nnwanguma:
sending an email is the best. How much did u pay for the visa fee?
I paid $185. I applied for my mum to visit me for my graduation. I paid from Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seun4FastLoans(f): 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hello my people. I need a quick response to this question.
An invitation letter and other documents sent from abroad is it supposed to he notarized ? Is it compulsory
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2017
overlord77:

Thanks very much, just got d mail now for biometric.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by debolbet: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2017
Good morning house, i applied for Trv on 24th may for conference in canada which will start tomorrow but dont get mail frm vfs till now, hope cic can still grant the visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Somebodysmamash, wencius4u, Derende(m), Honeysweetest(f), chuksnnaemeka, trollx, oluayebenz and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.