Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324511 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
kaffy2016:
Good day all.

These are my questions:
1. Any addition or subtraction to d above documents? There is usually a checklist when you do the eligibility check, follow it. Most of the ones you have seems to be in order.
2. He was banned for UK visa in 2006 for false documentation thru a travel agent; should he indicate it in his Canada application, hope it will not affect his chances? . The whole idea of requesting for most of the documents in the checklist is for profiling, hence, for your interest, you are specifically requested to upload all visas(granted or denied), no cover ups.
3. is d required passport foto d same as that of US? No,they are not. US passport is bigger. You can get the dimension on CiC website.

I welcome everyone's response particularly the gurus.

Cc: Justwise, ladylco, Overlord77,Awelekiti,

@kaffy2016, do see some of my personal responses in red above.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
solveabode:
Good day all.
Pls I need your kind suggestions and contributions to these questions.
My husband want to submit online application for a tourist visa to Canada. He will be staying for 9days in hotel. His monthly salary is 290k n it reflect on his account.
These are the documents he wish to submit:
Letter of intro from company, Employment letter, Leave letter, promotion leter, Statement of Acct with bal of 900k, 4mnts pay slip, marriage & birth Cert of our son, family pics, Consent letter written by me, Letter of Explanation, Education Certificate, Reg Survey of his land, Deed of Agreement, recommendation letter from former employer, copy of expired visa to SA, Malaysia, Myanmar, Hotel & flight booking.

These are my questions:
1. Any addition or subtraction to d above documents?
2. He was banned for UK visa in 2006 for false documentation thru a travel agent; should he indicate it in his Canada application, hope it will not affect his chances?
3. is d required passport foto d same as that of US?

1. he can add bond letter
2. I think he shd state it.

I leave the rest for others to respond

1. Any addition or subtraction to d above documents? He should add his tax card, pension cert and the statement, and any other relevant official documents

2. He was banned for UK visa in 2006 for false documentation thru a travel agent; should he indicate it in his Canada application, hope it will not affect his chances? i will beg you here PLEASE, he MUST/SHOULD state his UK refusal, he can state the year and indicate incomplete documentation as the reason

3. is d required passport foto d same as that of US? he can use date as long as its digital. i used same for my parent since it was digital and it was ok

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 2:21am On Nov 10, 2017
kaffy2016:
Good day all.
My husband want to submit online application for a tourist visa to Canada. He will be staying for 9days in hotel. His monthly salary is 290k n it reflect on his account.
Letter of intro from company, Employment letter, Leave letter, promotion leter, Statement of Acct with bal of 900k, 4mnts pay slip, marriage & birth Cert of our son, family pics, Consent letter written by me, Letter of Explanation, Education Certificate, Reg Survey of his land, Deed of Agreement, recommendation letter from former employer, copy of expired visa to SA, Malaysia, Myanmar, Hotel & flight booking.

These are my questions:
2. He was banned for UK visa in 2006 for false documentation thru a travel agent; should he indicate it in his Canada application, hope it will not affect his chances?

Please what exactly are you consenting to in the consent letter? Is he traveling with your son? Also, his educational certificate isn't necessary for his purpose of visit. Providing unnecessary documents may trigger questions that you won't be there to answer.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Good day all, please is it necessary to include my wedding certificate and consent letter from my wife to my visit visa application, just wondering and I don't wanna add too much unnecessary document as I will be visiting alone?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2017
ladylco:

1. Any addition or subtraction to d above documents? He should add his tax card, pension cert and the statement, and any other relevant official documents

2. He was banned for UK visa in 2006 for false documentation thru a travel agent; should he indicate it in his Canada application, hope it will not affect his chances? i will beg you here PLEASE, he MUST/SHOULD state his UK refusal, he can state the year and indicate incomplete documentation as the reason

3. is d required passport foto d same as that of US? he can use date as long as its digital. i used same for my parent since it was digital and it was ok

All the best

You are encouraging somebody to tell the truth and at the same time teaching the same person how to lie?

The reason why he was banned is clear so there absolutely no need to encourage the person to lie, incomplete documentation is not an offense that will lead to a ban.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2017
solveabode:
Good day all.

These are my questions:

Those two items in bold are unnecessary, no need adding them.

1. 6 months bank statement and payslips are always encourage for visa application

2. Not declaring previous visa refusal or ban to any country is misrepresentation and it carries 5yrs ban if found out, so the choice is yours.

3. No idea but the requirement will be stated on Canadian embassy website.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:
Good day all, please is it necessary to include my wedding certificate and consent letter from my wife to my visit visa application, just wondering and I don't wanna add too much unnecessary document as I will be visiting alone?
I prefer a letter of Support to a letter of Consent. Marriage certificate can/should be added to show proof of relationship.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
jayfierce:
I prefer a letter of Support than a letter of Consent. Marriage certificate can/should be added to show proof of relationship.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate.
Please does Canadian embassy require travel insurance certificate?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
paradisewoods:
Thanks for your response sam.

I am referring to this transmission fee. Do I still need to pay that?

Did you get your passport back, what duration were you granted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
chukwuneta:
i applied 21st October and got Visa approved... So sudden.
seems the process is faster now...

Did you get your passport back, what duration were you granted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omidan21: 12:08am On Nov 11, 2017
Oh My Gosh. Please house i just found myself in a situation i cant believe.

I am applying for myself and my son.
I have sent the first application which contains my information i have done biometrics and application starts pocessing today

Now I didnt see the part where I have to include my son application so i was thinking i need to open a separate account for him and fill in his own application which will contain his own birth cert, his passport foto and letter of consent

Surprisingly, i noticed that I could actually have included him with my own app if i had answered the wizard come to Canada questionnaire correctly which asked about family members

God, please house should i still proceed with opening a different sign In key for my son

this will mean my son will have his own separate application number

Or is there a way I can link the applications to be one, or Am I even still on track by opening a separate account to proceed with his own application

Please i need your urgent feedback ohh, the experience in the house
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexxydoo: 4:13am On Nov 11, 2017
Hi everyone. I need to know where I can do my biometrics in Lagos. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:50am On Nov 11, 2017
lexxydoo:
Hi everyone. I need to know where I can do my biometrics in Lagos. Thanks.

VFSglobal by admiralty way lekki
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olayinkamentor(m): 6:41am On Nov 11, 2017
ello am olayinka please I want to know what to do now I apply for Canada visitors visa since 28th of August and I got a response from vfs on the 4th of November I went there for collection to my surprise I only meet a letter and my passport saying that am not satisfied that I have sufficient funds. including income or assets. to carry out my stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain my self while in Canada and to effect my departure (2) am not satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay as a temporary resident as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR based on your travel history. you are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that you situation meets the requirements please advise me of what to do in a case like this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2017
olayinkamentor:
ello am olayinka please I want to know what to do now I apply for Canada visitors visa since 28th of August and I got a response from vfs on the 4th of November I went there for collection to my surprise I only meet a letter and my passport saying that am not satisfied that I have sufficient funds. including income or assets. to carry out my stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain my self while in Canada and to effect my departure (2) am not satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay as a temporary resident as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR based on your travel history. you are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that you situation meets the requirements please advise me of what to do in a case like this

1. Do you work or run a business in Nigeria?

2. What is your monthly take-home income?

3. What is your budget for the trip?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omidan21: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2017
Just wise and all please can you help here

omidan21:

I have sent the first application which contains my information i have done biometrics and application starts pocessing today

Now I didnt see the part where I have to include my son application so i was thinking i need to open a separate account for him and fill in his own application which will contain his own birth cert, his passport foto and letter of consent

Surprisingly, i noticed that I could actually have included him with my own app if i had answered the wizard come to Canada questionnaire correctly which asked about family members

God, please house should i still proceed with opening a different sign In key for my son

Or is there a way I can link the applications to be one, or Am I even still on track by opening a separate account to proceed with his own application

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:51am On Nov 11, 2017
omidan21:

Since you have sent the application and do the biometric you have no other option now than to start a fresh application for your son then attach a letter explaining your mistake. Hopefully the embassy will treat both applications the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate.
Please does Canadian embassy require travel insurance certificate?
No, its not a requirement.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lexxydoo: 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hi everyone. Do I need to book an appointment to do my biometrics?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
jayfierce:
No, its not a requirement.

Thank you sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
Good day house, Please as a new applicant, which is better between paper route and online route for Canada tourist visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
lexxydoo:
Hi everyone. Do I need to book an appointment to do my biometrics?
No, u don't need to book appointment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 12:20am On Nov 12, 2017
omidan21:

If you didn't indicate in the questionnaire and the family information form that you'll go with your son, IN MY OPINION, you have two options:

1. Don't file your son's application (at least until yours has been concluded).
2. Withdraw your application, and now file it properly, clearly stating and marking the necessary information.

The slightest discrepancy in applications typically leads to denial. Don't let them start doubting your intentions in Canada.

Of course, the choice is yours at the end of the day.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy2016: 6:22am On Nov 13, 2017
thank u @Overlord77, ladylco, justwise & others for your responses. They are all appreciated.

@Justwise: dont you think it will affect his chances if he says he was denied Uk visa due to fake doc?

one more question, his salary is being paid into his account through cash deposit, hope its not an issue & it reflect on his statenent of acct.

thank u once again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:38am On Nov 13, 2017
kaffy2016:
thank u @Overlord77, ladylco, justwise & others for your responses. They are all appreciated.

@Justwise: dont you think it will affect his chances if he says he was denied Uk visa due to fake doc?

one more question, his salary is being paid into his account through cash deposit, hope its not an issue & it reflect on his statenent of acct.

thank u once again.

Probably but he will be banned for 5yrs for misrepresentation(lying about the UK refusal)

If the monthly salary reflects in his bank account then no problem but he also need to explain that he gets paid by cash.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Gurus,
please HELP! my cousin has an invitation letter and wishes to apply for Visa to attend 2-day Conference in Toronto and will be sponsored by her company. She has travel history and sufficient funds.
My questions are:
Amongst other documents;
1. I know she requires either a sponsorship letter or Introduction Letter or both? Can either one replace the other?
2. What is the limited number of pages for the letter?
3. What other documents do you think she should add?

Please kindly advise me of other ideas. *fingers crossed*

Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
@justwise
please HELP! my cousin has an invitation letter and wishes to apply for Visa to attend 2-day Conference in Toronto and will be sponsored by her company. She has travel history and sufficient funds.
My questions are:
Amongst other documents;
1. I know she requires either a sponsorship letter or Introduction Letter or both? Can either one replace the other?

Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
justwise:

Since you have sent the application and do the biometric you have no other option now than to start a fresh application for your son then attach a letter explaining your mistake. Hopefully the embassy will treat both applications the same time.

My questions are:
Amongst other documents;

Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
Chelda:

My questions are:
Amongst other documents;

Thank you!

Take your time to read up the thread carefully, you will find answers to all your questions
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nanajec(m): 12:58am On Nov 14, 2017
Hello August House,

Good day to everyone.
My cousin is a pharmacist.He has applied to write a proffesional pharmaceautical exam in Canad..

quick questions please:
1. What category of visa must he apply for.
2.Can he apply and submit everything online

thanks for a favourite reply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2017
Chelda:

My questions are:
Amongst other documents;

Thank you!

1. She can get both

2. It doesn't matter.

3. Letter from her company(detailing her position and how the conference will be beneficiary to the company) , her employment letter, conference details, her bank statement and payslips(As a home tie)

1.Is this the first time her company is sending somebody for such conference?

2. Well known company?

3. Does she have travel history?

4. On a good or above salary?

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Meshach171(m), ayoshyne(m), Prudency045 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.