Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324613 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
yinka206:
Good job you are all doing here.Please I want to apply for a tourist visa with my wife ,she works with Nestle Nig Plc as a field sales manager while am into business .what do you think our chances are?

You'll never really know till you tried it out. all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
yungreezy:

Thank you for this response.

I actually know about the option of us getting married and me sponsoring her from Canada. But my concern with that is the time it takes for it to get approved. I've heard it could take up to a year. If I land in Canada, while she's still here, and we get married in Nigeria. It would be so difficult to leave your wife and go back to Canada. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

I have gotten PPR and have sent in my passport.

What option did you take after the visit applications got denied?

Hi yungreezy, good evening. yes sponsorship takes time. however, if i understand your post correctly, you just got your PR approved and had sent in your passport. if this is the case, do not make the mistake of applying for a visitor visa for your spouse. you can actually get married, inform IRCC and they will make provision for your spouse. you will have to return your passport with the stamped visa of course and they will add your spouse to your application. if your CRS is still not below the one that got you an ITA, in less than 2 months, you both shall have your immigrant visas. until you land at a canadian POE with an immigrant visa, certain modifications can be made.

please dont misunderstand what i called a 'mistake'. you can do whatever you like but, as i always say, judge your application yourself before submission. now if a new PR has a visiting spouse, it is very hard to convince a VO that this visit is temporary which is the ground on which visit visas are assessed. also, the funds you showed in your application was for an individual so a VO may worry that you may then experience some settlement difficulties. assess your chances and make a decision. i have a feeling its going to be a good year. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
Peterpan231:
House i have a problem I can't seems to get my head across, i am a married man 30 year old with 2 infant kids, I have well establish businesses and make enough mmoney. I applied for a Canadian TRV October laster year, but was denied sitting travel history, financial status and purpose of visit, we it rejection is my fault, because I didn't include any asset documents in the application. So now I want to reapply, with my land and car documents included, my problem however is I don't have any invitation letters to back my purpose of visit, my through intentions are to meet with suppliers of used mobile phones and used car tires with is the reason I stated in the previous application, please can any one advise me or do I just forget about Canada and look elsewhere ?

dear Peterpan231, if Canada is your choice and its a business venture, why not try again. you cant just look elsewhere and one year is enough time for an individual's circumstances to change significantly. but to be honest, as a business man from Nigeria, Canada is usaually not a choice destination and the VOs know that so the onus is on you.

firstly, unlike the UK ECOs, Canadian VOs are really not very interested in your money. finances are looked at when all major factors are met. my guess. so this application has to be intellectual and make sense.

secondly, if this is a business trip, why are you traveling with the entire family? a VO may wonder. did you explain why? also, you applied with your children during october (when schools are in session), if they have been enrolled, did you explain the plans you have made to take them out of school in your travel period? have you traveled for any business trip and showed evidence of that? you mentioned you were to meet suppliers, was there any evidence of maybe prior communication with them? my point is simple, it is your responsibility to overwhelm a VO with relevant documentation to support your case.

my advice, should you consider it, is to first apply for your GCMS notes to understand your refusal in full before you commit some more money and do bear in mind that when a whole family is making an application, by default, the VO assumes you plan to illegally migrate. so the onus is then on you to convince the VO, beyond any reasonable doubt, that visit is temporary and you shall return to Nigeria. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chanbaby: 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
yinka206:

I think if you have a valid US visa ,all you need do is just drop box.i got this information from a friend who just got his family US visa

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5873E.pdf

[b]CAN+ If you have travelled to Canada in the last ten (10)
years or currently hold a valid United States non-immigrant

visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of the
valid visa), no proof of financial support is needed.
[/b]

For all others, provide proof of financial support to cover the
expenses for the duration of your visit:
Copies of bank statements or bank book covering the past three months.
Any additional relevant documentation (employment letter, pay slips, proof of pension,
business registration, investments, etc.)

I don't understand this ur info at all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
yinka206:

I think if you have a valid US visa ,all you need do is just drop box.i got this information from a friend who just got his family US visa

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5873E.pdf

[b]CAN+ If you have travelled to Canada in the last ten (10)
years or currently hold a valid United States non-immigrant

visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of the
valid visa), no proof of financial support is needed.
[/b]

For all others, provide proof of financial support to cover the
expenses for the duration of your visit:
Copies of bank statements or bank book covering the past three months.
Any additional relevant documentation (employment letter, pay slips, proof of pension,
business registration, investments, etc.)

hi Yinka, i am not sure i understand this response but IRCC does not have a dropbox option. this is only done by the US and if you visa expired within the last 12 months. a US visa will NOT grant you entry into Canada, only US alien card holders with an ETA or US passport holders.

for the Canadian applicant, you have to fill forms for everyone but in one application. however, your US citizen dependent does not need a visa to enter canada for 180 days but has to be in your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
Chanbaby:
Hi everyone I can see u are all doing a good job well done. I have few questions to ask.
Hubby and I will like to apply for a canadian visa to visit hubby's cousin she is inviting us over since we haven't seen for 8yrs now. We will be traveling with our 1yr old son that is an American citizen. We both have a valid Amerian visa. Has anyone with a valid American visa been denied a canadian?

I see the process is a bit fast now. Paper or online application which will u recommended. I am asking cos we are not based in lagos and hubby works offshore. Don 't want a situation where we will be called for biometrics or pick up and hubby will be offshore. How do u guys advice will run our application.

My hubby works with salary of over 300k+ monthly but he has other streams of income I am an homemaker. Just taking care of my son b4 I start to working.

Hi Chanbaby, please take time with your application. your family has the financially capable for this trip but be grounded and make your application rooted. i know many people with valid US visas that have used it multiple times before applying for a TRV and it was still refused. it all depends on the circumstances of the application but a US visa will not guarantee a canadian visa. on the contrary, please do make a lot of efforts to show significant ties back home as you all have access to the US and can easily live de-facto between the borders. a canadian VO is also aware that you can easily renew US visas.

for biometrics, this is done on the same day as your application is submitted via paper or can be done within 30 days of submission if via online. i believe you can pick up the application if it is made as a family one or even just pay for a return courier and have vfs mail your processed application to you. more importantly, since your husband works offshore, make this an online application so you can have your passports handy and he can go to work anytime he wants without dilemma. if/when the application is approved, you will have 30days to submit your passports of which, with evidence, you can even appeal for extensions. your child will not even need an ETA to travel, just buy ticket for 3 when its time to travel. best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Nuelbrown:
Hello Everyone, I want to visit Canada for a Period of 3months or more, I have an uncle who is a Canadian citizen who can assist me, I still have the intentions of coming back to Nigeria because I still school here. I want to know if the visa would be granted easily.
Thanks

hello Nuelbrown, nobody can tell your chances. however, if an application is made intellectually, honestly and assessed unbiased before submission, you can make a calculated guess. the worry here is that as a student, why are you spending 12 whooping weeks (or more) abroad? this will easily put a VO off as people abandon school always. i believe the VOs are too uptight because they know their country. canada is vast and underpopulated. you can easily live untroubled unless you get into problems, if you have a strong mind. well, make your application the best you can and if your gut tells you its not good enough, please leave it and spend some more time here, gather more ground, finish school, maybe get a job and maybe visit other places first. every application is different and a VO is trained to assess this application without sighting you. take your time with this one. best of luck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lamide123: 3:40am On Jan 12, 2018
Peterpan231:
House i have a problem I can't seems to get my head across, i am a married man 30 year old with 2 infant kids, I have well establish businesses and make enough mmoney. I applied for a Canadian TRV October laster year, but was denied sitting travel history, financial status and purpose of visit, we it rejection is my fault, because I didn't include any asset documents in the application. So now I want to reapply, with my land and car documents included, my problem however is I don't have any invitation letters to back my purpose of visit, my through intentions are to meet with suppliers of used mobile phones and used car tires with is the reason I stated in the previous application, please can any one advise me or do I just forget about Canada and look elsewhere ?
Contact suppliers of the used phones and cars, ask them to send you IV.
Also you can apply without IV as a tourist. You are going on holiday. You
will need to book hotel
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
Oluwaskinny:
Please house its my first time posting on here but im a silent reader. i have been trying to track my application,but it keeps telling me No details found matching the input values .... i submitted my application since oct 3rd of october 2017.

Go to vfa to check the status of your application

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tallboo: 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello house...Am trying to fill canada online application but i want to ask if NYSc falls into the category of the question of non obligatory national service.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
Jawa:

dear Peterpan231, if Canada is your choice and its a business venture, why not try again. you cant just look elsewhere and one year is enough time for an individual's circumstances to change significantly. but to be honest, as a business man from Nigeria, Canada is usaually not a choice destination and the VOs know that so the onus is on you.

firstly, unlike the UK ECOs, Canadian VOs are really not very interested in your money. finances are looked at when all major factors are met. my guess. so this application has to be intellectual and make sense.

secondly, if this is a business trip, why are you traveling with the entire family? a VO may wonder. did you explain why? also, you applied with your children during october (when schools are in session), if they have been enrolled, did you explain the plans you have made to take them out of school in your travel period? have you traveled for any business trip and showed evidence of that? you mentioned you were to meet suppliers, was there any evidence of maybe prior communication with them? my point is simple, it is your responsibility to overwhelm a VO with relevant documentation to support your case.

my advice, should you consider it, is to first apply for your GCMS notes to understand your refusal in full before you commit some more money and do bear in mind that when a whole family is making an application, by default, the VO assumes you plan to illegally migrate. so the onus is then on you to convince the VO, beyond any reasonable doubt, that visit is temporary and you shall return to Nigeria. best of luck
thanks for your advice, how ever I never intended to travel with my family, just me alone, and my reason was truly to as pursue business opportunities, I will put together another application, and do my best to address all the requirements, if they deny again, well I cant keep giving my money, and getting excuses, thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
Lamide123:

Contact suppliers of the used phones and cars, ask them to send you IV.
Also you can apply without IV as a tourist. You are going on holiday. You
will need to book hotel

thanks, yesterday I got meeting confirmation letter, from one of my prospective suppliers I will also put in a good intenary, showing details of places I will be visiting, dates hotel and flight booking, but if they mess my plans up again it will be very painfull, hate the feeling of rejection and helplessness,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good day house,
Please is there anyone here that has a room for lease in the GTA? I will land in Toronto in March and I will be staying for just 14days. Anyone who is willing to least a room or can host me for that short period should plz holla me
adeneyagriculturalfeeds@gmail.com

I'm a young dude so no issue, I will pay for d necessary bills also. Thx

Hotels in the GTA is really expensive

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 1:07pm On Jan 13, 2018
justwise:

You need to add..

1. Salary account and payslips (at least 6 months of both ) If money is paid into your salary account apart from your salary you need to explain the source.

2. Marriage certificate

3. Proof of accommodation from your friend

4. Breakdown of cost of the trip.

5. List of places you will be visiting while in Canada.

Your salary is good so you shouldn't have problem financially as long as you did not over budget.

I just like the way Justwise always write. Clear, gap, clean, so you won't have any excuse that you did not see this or that properly. grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Opsynene: 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hello house

I need help on my Canadian visa application
I applied with my wife and two children since September 15 2017
We were supposed to travel December but alas we have not heard from the embassy
I just linked my paper application to an online I account I created today

Information on the online account was they were still processing the visa and doing background checks

Don’t know how long it will be

Any advise people

This is what’s on my message on my account

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help - Final decision
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hajidel: 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2018
It will be as long as they require to 'review your eligibility'. However if your passport is still with them you can request it and if they approve your visa then will ask you to resend it.
I applied for my wife first and it took 2 weeks for them to approve her but then i applied for my parents and it took 2 weeks for them to refuse them lol. The irony is my parents are more financial stable and have no reason to emigrate yet they were refused and my wife was granted. Good luck though

Opsynene:
Hello house

Information on the online account was they were still processing the visa and doing background checks

Any advise people

This is what’s on my message on my account

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help - Final decision

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
Opsynene:
Hello house

Any advise people

It's not easy but you just have to wait it out.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geologistj: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hello everyone, I must say you guys are doing a great job here, everyone is being so selfless in answering questions.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by allhavesinned: 4:00am On Jan 15, 2018
Jawa:

hi Yinka, i am not sure i understand this response but IRCC does not have a dropbox option. this is only done by the US and if you visa expired within the last 12 months. a US visa will NOT grant you entry into Canada, only US alien card holders with an ETA or US passport holders.

for the Canadian applicant, you have to fill forms for everyone but in one application. however, your US citizen dependent does not need a visa to enter canada for 180 days but has to be in your application.

Please how to do this in one application, please tell me more as I m finding it difficult
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanadianEnginee(m): 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
Jawa:

Hi yungreezy, good evening. yes sponsorship takes time. however, if i understand your post correctly, you just got your PR approved and had sent in your passport. if this is the case, do not make the mistake of applying for a visitor visa for your spouse. you can actually get married, inform IRCC and they will make provision for your spouse. you will have to return your passport with the stamped visa of course and they will add your spouse to your application. if your CRS is still not below the one that got you an ITA, in less than 2 months, you both shall have your immigrant visas. until you land at a canadian POE with an immigrant visa, certain modifications can be made.

please dont misunderstand what i called a 'mistake'. you can do whatever you like but, as i always say, judge your application yourself before submission. now if a new PR has a visiting spouse, it is very hard to convince a VO that this visit is temporary which is the ground on which visit visas are assessed. also, the funds you showed in your application was for an individual so a VO may worry that you may then experience some settlement difficulties. assess your chances and make a decision. i have a feeling its going to be a good year. best of luck

Hi,

Must the score after including my future spouse be more than what it was when I got ITA? Is this cast in stone?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yesydeo: 1:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Demonicide(f): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.
rplease tell me how to go about regularizing visitors visa in canada, because i will be invited soon.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geologistj: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
Why is everyone ignoring me...ok, hv to go check other thread and do it myslf
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
yesydeo:
Hello Everyone,

Please I need a bit of help,

I applied for a Canadian TRV online on the 06th of Jan and provided enough supporting docs to the best of my ability,

I made a hotel and flight booking and scanned along with bank statement and work documents,

However I got a refusal on the 16th under subsection 11 (1) on grounds that I would not leave canada after my visit, travel history, purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status. The letter states I am welcome to reapply if i can respond to the concerns.

I am unsure how they came about this decision but i respect it, Justwise and co please advise as i plan to reapply with same set of documents maybe paper route this time, I hold valid UK US and Schengen visa and have been to a few countries and never abused any visa.

Please note I am single but just love to travel i love Nigeria and have no plans to relocate and I have a good job i love with a fair closing account balance, Your responses will be appreciated,

Thank you.

Sorry for your refusal, however that decision is really a fast one.

You have not stated the documents you sibmitted so may not be able to talk much. But with grounds you mentioned, you may need to convince the VO more when re-applying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yesydeo: 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
Omodadi2:

THANKS.

I Submitted letter of introduction from work employment and promotion letter. Payslips. My visas. Some travel tickets. Tax evidence. Bank Statement. Visa stamps. Cover letter. Job description.staff ID card. Hotel and flight booking. Admission letter for the MBA Course im about to start.
Did I miss anything?

Sorry for your refusal, however that decision is really a fast one.

You have not stated the documents you sibmitted so may not be able to talk much. But with grounds you mentioned, you may need to convince the VO more when re-applying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olaidecash: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
yesydeo:
Hello Everyone,

I applied for a Canadian TRV online on the 06th of Jan and provided enough supporting docs to the best of my ability,

I made a hotel and flight booking and scanned along with bank statement and work documents,

However I got a refusal on the 16th under subsection 11 (1) on grounds that I would not leave canada after my visit, travel history, purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status. The letter states I am welcome to reapply if i can respond to the concerns.

I am unsure how they came about this decision but i respect it, Justwise and co please advise as i plan to reapply with same set of documents maybe paper route this time, I hold valid UK US and Schengen visa and have been to a few countries and never abused any visa.

Please note I am single but just love to travel i love Nigeria and have no plans to relocate and I have a good job i love with a fair closing account balance, Your responses will be appreciated,

Thank you.
pls do they stamp passport for refusal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princeofdworld: 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
yesydeo:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you.
They refused u because u are single and u don't have family tie ... If u have a fiance .. U guys shuold get married .. Then apply alone and put ur marriage cert ... Then see the magic
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yesydeo: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
olaidecash:
pls do they stamp passport for refusal?

No
It' was an online application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yesydeo: 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
xxxxx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jesuisroya: 12:02am On Jan 18, 2018
maternal:

Yes canada has a shortage of tradesmen like a Welder. You should apply as a skilled worker. If you get accepted go back to school and get your red seal. Red seal means you're qualified to work in canada, USA, or some places in Europe. Nobody acknowledges or respects nigerian qualifications here which makes sense.

Hello, I'm just joining this thread. Please I need reliable information on how to travel to Canada...Not as a student (lol). I'm a married man. My wife has a stable job; I do not. We are thinking of relocating. What is your best advice please. Thanks a lot...

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: OTIK, williamszooh, Shokeye3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.