Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,121 members, 7,821,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2331906 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Agbaletu: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
Evagreenfields:
my story

Applied on 2nd Jan 2019 (paper route), did biometric same day.

reason for application (examination in june)
submitted bank account statement - 1.5m
another bank (mutual funds) 1.3m
pension account - 1.7m
land documents
letter from my employer

called for collection - 7th Feb

status of application - Denied

on the basis of funds, vo is not convinced I will return, travel history, purpose of visit (been to Ghana 3x and Dubai once)

I'm married and hubby and baby were not to accompany me.

This refusal is unbelievable.
Is it only Canada that you can sit for this exam or it is available locally?
Didn't you pay for the exam?
How much do you earn monthly?
Correct me if I am wrong, the only fund you can access is 1.5m the one in your main bank account. Are the Mutual and pension funds readily available for use any time?
Did you also submit your marriage certificate, or even your baby's birth certificate?
I wish you can tell us all the documents you submitted maybe you stand a chance of reapplying again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
Attach as much as u can even if its unrelated to that category. If u use up space in other categories, add documents anywhere but for finance, make sure all ur major finance documents are included. U could also put a summary as d front page to show them what u have in there. All d best
Juxen:
Good day,

Please house i need your assistance. For online application, how do I attach more than one document to one request. Especially for the documents required to show proof of means of financial support.

It's really urgent. Please help

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Evagreenfields: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2019
Agbaletu:

This refusal is unbelievable.
Is it only Canada that you can sit for this exam or it is available locally?
Didn't you pay for the exam?
How much do you earn monthly?
Correct me if I am wrong, the only fund you can access is 1.5m the one in your main bank account. Are the Mutual and pension funds readily available for use any time?
Did you also submit your marriage certificate, or even your baby's birth certificate?
I wish you can tell us all the documents you submitted maybe you stand a chance of reapplying again.

paid about 950 dollars for it.

it's a global exam done on the same day simultaneously all over the world.

I could write in nigeria but decided not to as I ll be on vacation then so it made sense to kill 2 birds with a stone.

I attached every, including my car papers

the mutual funds is a money market funds..very liquid and accessible in 3days.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SomeHenro: 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
Sirtenburg:

How do I sign my online application?
You have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature. Do not print out your application form to sign it.
Please I need more clarification because we have so many forms to sign without that option to type out your name.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sirtenburg(m): 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2019
It is only your family information you need to print after filling it then sign it, after the signing scan and upload
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AngelicBeing: 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2019
Evagreenfields:

paid about 950 dollars for it.

it's a global exam done on the same day simultaneously all over the world.

I could write in nigeria but decided not to as I ll be on vacation then so it made sense to kill 2 birds with a stone.

I attached every, including my car papers

the mutual funds is a money market funds..very liquid and accessible in 3days.
I think the VO's that handled your application might be wondering why you will travel a far distance to North America just to write an exam that can be written in Nigeria, they put alot of things together to refuse / deny visas( the influx of several Nigerians to canada via the US last year to seek Aduro / asylum is not helping matters), you can write the exam in Nigeria, give Canada a little break and re-apply after few months.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Testimony19(f): 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2019
At the USA interview we were only told we are sorry they cant

give us the Visa this time after asking what is the purpose of

going ,replied vacation, as at that time hubby just lost his job

but had already gotten letter of introduction from the bank but

they didn't check any of our documents or the invitation letter

I was working for government agency but now work for government.
Hubby just got job recently. We are both working.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SomeHenro: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2019
Sirtenburg:
It is only your family information you need to print after filling it then sign it, after the signing scan and upload
I thought applicants are not allowed to print,scan and upload documents?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozycy: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
SomeHenro:

I thought applicants are not allowed to print,scan and upload documents?
for family form, if you don't have spouse or children, you have to sign and declare you don't have spouse or children and for that, you have to print, sign and scan as there's no electronic validation for that form.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrchemist(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
Gudpm Gurus and ladyICo I have a current similar issue. I apply For the tourist Visa in August(2018) and did my Biometric October 12,(2018) But I got denied of USA Student Visa by December 19 2018... still waiting for Passport request. But my fear is Could they treat me as False information.. About my USA denied..Or Should I urgently email the Embassy for Explaining ..
ladylco:

Too bad expect a refusal with 5years inadmissible no two ways about it. If you know what is good for you quickly before your application is processed send them an email saying you erroneously omitted your USA visa refusal on your application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2019
mrchemist:
Gudpm Gurus and ladyICo I have a current similar issue. I apply For the tourist Visa in August(2018) and did my Biometric October 12,(2018) But I got denied of USA Student Visa by December 19 2018... still waiting for Passport request. But my fear is Could they treat me as False information.. About my USA denied..Or Should I urgently email the Embassy for Explaining ..

You already submitted your application to them before the refusal. So, worry less in that regard, that isn’t false information nor misrepresentation....

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 2:29am On Feb 09, 2019
Dear all, typically, how many years/month visa does Canada give to prospective Nigerian visitors ? is the principle of reciprocity at work, pegging it to maximum of two years just like that of the US. I received a notification to submit my original passport. My passport expires in November 2019 but i sincerely covert the 10 years visa or atleast 5 years multiple Visa. Answers are needed please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 3:11am On Feb 09, 2019
Let me drop my application process for the house
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 3:24am On Feb 09, 2019
[quote author=seunhandsome post=75551449]i think i should leave this information here for those who might need it. Applied from the US

Online Application 1st of February
Bio metrics Notification 5th of February
Visa Approval/Notification for submission of original passport 8th of February

I sincerely believe that the travel history carries more weight. A bogus statement of account wont help, keep it moderate, i only have N300K in my statement of account, this appears more believable than submitting a statement of account with $30,000. Try to be detailed in filling your form. Do you know that desperation can be perceived even in filled forms ? eliminate desperation markers. i did not include marriage certificate, deed of any owned property, no birth certificate for my child, no family photographs, no employment letter, no logical hotel reservation, no logical flight reservation, no itinerary document uploaded, no forging of conference letters or even original conference letters. Its just for sight seeing. Stay positive and above all be prayerful.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 3:29am On Feb 09, 2019
seunhandsome:

Dear all, typically, how many years/month visa does Canada give to prospective Nigerian visitors ? is the principle of reciprocity at work, pegging it to maximum of two years just like that of the US. I received a notification to submit my original passport. My passport expires in November 2019 but i sincerely covert the 10 years visa or atleast 5 years multiple Visa. Answers are needed please.

unfortunately, your visa wont be valid beyond the validity of your passport. So you might get less than a year.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 3:42am On Feb 09, 2019
folmus:

unfortunately, your visa wont be valid beyond the validity of your passport. So you might get less than a year.

This is crazy! WTF mehn! thats too short.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamajoyfulmothe: 8:22am On Feb 09, 2019
[quote author=seunhandsome post=75551511][/quote]

Hello @seunhandsome just thought to respond to this statement you made " A bogus statement of account wont help, keep it moderate, i only have N300K in my statement of account, this appears more believable than submitting a statement of account with $30,000"

This might be your experience but doesn't apply to everyone. For most people, a balance of N300k might not show sufficient ability to afford a trip to Canada. Submitting a statement with $30k does not jeopardize your chances as long as it is in line with your bank cash flow over a period and in line with your indicated source of income. I applied with my business account which had a balance of NGN15m and turnover of NGN200m over a one year period. Any VO could see that the amount t is in line with my business and the deposits were from genuine blue chip companies. My visa was very much APPROVED.

The key is to keep it honest and consistent

Good luck everyone and thanks for all the info being shared

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2019
congrats are u a USA permanent resident or how come you applied from USA
[quote author=seunhandsome post=75551511][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2019
pufframmy:
congrats are u a USA permanent resident or how come you applied from USA

No i dont have a green card. I'm a non-resident exchange visitor and due to return to Nigeria in 2 months time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrchemist(m): 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2019
Thanks. I was also thinking to email them cause I have a document I want to include my pension Account and inform them about my USA denied...Any Suggestions...
OmoBendel24:

You already submitted your application to them before the refusal. So, worry less in that regard, that isn’t false information nor misrepresentation....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2019
Iamajoyfulmothe:

This might be your experience but doesn't apply to everyone. For most people, a balance of N300k might not show sufficient ability to afford a trip to Canada. Submitting a statement with $30k does not jeopardize your chances as long as it is in line with your bank cash flow over a period and in line with your indicated source of income.

The key is to keep it honest and consistent

Good luck everyone and thanks for all the info being shared
Well said. I applied with over $40,000 in my account. Those were the funds available and I wrote it like that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cyrilex202(m): 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2019
Good day all. I got admission in a Canadian aviation school. I'm due to summit my passport in a week time along with my acceptance litter from the school,tofel exam and health insurance. What is my chances of getting a visa on my virgen passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JustCare: 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2019
cyrilex202:
Good day all. I got admission in a Canadian aviation school. I'm due to summit my passport in a week time along with my acceptance litter from the school,tofel exam and health insurance. What is my chances of getting a visa on my virgen passport.

You would get more insight here
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JustCare: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2019
Good evening good people. I received a invitation letter from Canada yesterday which I want to attend as a student. The conference is in May and for three days.

I have gone through the visa application website, however, I want to know better from anyone here who has got such visa, the necessary documents and financial implications.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seyola(m): 7:06am On Feb 10, 2019
Hi Gurus in the house. Please I new in this thread. I need assistance. Work with a multinational in Lagos here. I intend visiting Canada this year during my annual leave. how do I go about it please. which one is better? paper route or online? How do I get the form downloaded? I have been to couple of countries before, Poland, Egypt ,and UK. Do I need an hotel reservation or an invitation from a friend?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ijeaify: 7:32am On Feb 10, 2019
Good morning house, please can I apply for a canadian visiting visa while my permanent residency application is still in process, and what are my chances?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 8:41am On Feb 10, 2019
ijeaify:
Good morning house, please can I apply for a canadian visiting visa while my permanent residency application is still in process, and what are my chances?

It is really dicey. Your permanent residency application is a give away that you are a potential migrant, and that you want to use the visiting visa to accomplish your aim of forcefully relocating to Canada regardless of the opinion of the VO. This would be interpreted as an almost touchable desperation. This increases the burden of proof of ties to your home country, and it increases it above average. You dont want to find yourself in this type of situation. Well, you might risk it sha, who knows , you may be lucky. But if i were to be you, i wouldn't even bother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad, wencius4u and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.