Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2321618 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
wow that nice
wish i will be granted in my second attempt so i can apply for usa visa there too
seunhandsome:

No i dont have a green card. I'm a non-resident exchange visitor and due to return to Nigeria in 2 months time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aresej: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
Please I want to know how much is for the online application after submission? Thanks waiting for your response before I go look for the money? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kprake9: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2019
Aresej:
Please I want to know how much is for the online application after submission? Thanks waiting for your response before I go look for the money? Thanks

So, funds are not readily available b4 submission?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2019
Please can some help in Type of Letter to Write to VO when Reapplying After Been Denied i will Appreciate this thanks all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aresej: 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2019
kprake9:

So, funds are not readily available b4 submission?
Its taking a while for me cos I have to gather my documents,so the funds I am expecting will be ready.I am a business person I invest to get back!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ayusco85(m): 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
maternal:

Yes canada has a shortage of tradesmen like a Welder. You should apply as a skilled worker. If you get accepted go back to school and get your red seal. Red seal means you're qualified to work in canada, USA, or some places in Europe. Nobody acknowledges or respects nigerian qualifications here which makes sense.

Good day maternal. i just searched for this thread and from reading the first page i noticed you are very experienced with Canada visa related issues.
Please i need your advice nay direction on what to do.
I have a blood sister who is married with three kids, living in Canada and she is a citizen since 2011. her bubby is also a citizen and working in a gig oil coy in canada, she is working too.
me as her brother am working in a bank in Lagos, on the island since 2016. i want to apply for visit visa and dont know the first thing to do. my sis is coming this march and she wants to take me along wit a visitors visa. please what are the steps to take? i intend going there and coming back before finally going tru school.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Testimony19(f): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
Please someone should respond to this�

At the USA interview we were only told we are sorry they cant

give us the Visa this time after asking what is the purpose of

going ,replied vacation, as at that time hubby just lost his job

but had already gotten letter of introduction from the bank but

they didn't check any of our documents or the invitation letter

I was working for government agency but now work for government.
Hubby just got job recently. We are both working.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ManTiger(m): 1:28am On Feb 14, 2019
[quote author=seunhandsome post=75551511][/quote]

Did you say you applied from USA with Naija statement of account?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifechez: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2019
Please I got a mail from CIC/VFS that my passport is ready for collection. Does it mean I have been granted visa? I applied for tourist/visiting visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UNITEDBRAND(m): 9:00am On Feb 14, 2019
ifechez:
Please I got a mail from CIC/VFS that my passport is ready for collection. Does it mean I have been granted visa? I applied for tourist/visiting visa.
.....Yes congratulations... Please tell us when did you apply? All the documents you submitted for the visa application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubajek: 9:31am On Feb 14, 2019
Please is it online or paper Rout

[quote auth
or=ifechez post=75714751]Please I got a mail from CIC/VFS that my passport is ready for collection. Does it mean I have been granted visa? I applied for tourist/visiting visa. [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2019
ifechez:

Were you asked to submit passport before? If yes, then you have been granted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifechez: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
UNITEDBRAND:
.....Yes congratulations... Please tell us when did you apply? All the documents you submitted for the visa application?

I did a paper work application and my passport was submitted on the day of my biometric capture at the VFS. Yesterday I got a mail that my passport is ready for pickup. Could this really be a visa grant?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifechez: 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2019
dubajek:
Please is it online or paper Rout

Paper route
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifechez: 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2019
folmus:

Were you asked to submit passport before? If yes, then you have been granted.

I dropped my passport on the day of the my biometric
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by asiwajusirkay(m): 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2019
ifechez:

I dropped my passport on the day of the my biometric
Abuja or Lagos and what date did you submit your passport & took ur biometrics?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubajek: 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2019
OK.Did same last week too.

ifechez:

Paper route
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifechez: 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
asiwajusirkay:

Abuja or Lagos and what date did you submit your passport & took ur biometrics?

Lagos, I did the biometric in January and passport submission on the same day. So does it mean it's a visa grant since the email says my passport is ready.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
ifechez:

As it stands, Unknown till you pickup your passport from them.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifechez: 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2019
OmoBendel24:

As it stands, Unknown till you pickup your passport from them.

Tanx bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dedoll(f): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
Please how long does it take to get your passport back after submission in Abuja VFS?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
This is the clue ,

for now you wont know what your fate is, but before you open the nylon, try feeling if there is a paper in it.

if it is approved your passport will be opened inside the nylon.

perfect clue for immediate collection

ifechez:

I did a paper work application and my passport was submitted on the day of my biometric capture at the VFS. Yesterday I got a mail that my passport is ready for pickup. Could this really be a visa grant?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
This is thread for Canada.

Unless you said somethings earlier, am trying to understand what you really mean or want!

Testimony19:
Please someone should respond to this�

At the USA interview we were only told we are sorry they cant

give us the Visa this time after asking what is the purpose of

going ,replied vacation, as at that time hubby just lost his job

but had already gotten letter of introduction from the bank but

they didn't check any of our documents or the invitation letter

I was working for government agency but now work for government.
Hubby just got job recently. We are both working.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubajek: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2019
what about the tracking ID. can't one view the status online

vibrant99:
This is the clue ,

for now you wont know what your fate is, but before you open the nylon, try feeling if there is a paper in it.

if it is approved your passport will be opened inside the nylon.

perfect clue for immediate collection

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
Unless it has been linked online with the paper application.
Though it takes a little to link it, could be tasking.

dubajek:
what about the tracking ID. can't one view the status online

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubajek: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
Thanks

vibrant99:
Unless it has been linked online with the paper application.
Though it takes a little to link it, could be tasking.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Electroweb(m): 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
Is it a bad thing for one to have a visiting visa but not use it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2019
Over wrong sir!

You should use it.

Electroweb:
Is it a bad thing for one to have a visiting visa but not use it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2019
vibrant99:
Over wrong sir!

You should use it.

Substantiate please, why? I mean the “OVER” you wrote there particularly!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vibrant99(m): 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
You must use your visa when you get one sir!

It violates the whole essence of application.

It is not a Zimbabwe visa, but a must sought after visa, you may get a rejection afterwards if you didn't use it.

OmoBendel24:

Substantiate please, why? I mean the “OVER” you wrote there particularly!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozycy: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2019
vibrant99:

It is not a Zimbabwe visa, but a must sought after visa, you may get a rejection afterwards if you didn't use it.

hmmmm
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2019
vibrant99:

On what authority are you saying this? Experiential or just your thinking? And that is not correct.... Not running to the airport to fly out immediately after visa approval (especially stemming from uncontrollable circumstances that reiterates your home ties e.g work related schedule change at the time, serious family matters that needed you being on ground at the time, etc) actually puts you in a trustable position/ranking in a Visa Officer’s estimation subsequently.

My previous Canada visa was valid for just a year and I didn’t use it, applied for another one and was granted a longer validity visa, till a day to passport expiration actually.

I talk this from what I have experienced, not just what I think.... I have had a couple of visas unused without renewal issues. I remember a CBP Officer at ATL telling me using a particular visa almost under pressure just to satisfy the assumed “visa condition” wasn’t necessary but welcomed me all the same to the US, just a lesson for subsequent times that was for me there. Dig? That stringent rule is mostly in our heads, not a hard and fast rule at all, please.... Regards!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: trollx, T4kbaba(m), DabDab(f), Deering1008, Pamda1234, Dj4all and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.