Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2327343 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Izu2016: 5:04pm On May 16, 2019
I know some one who applied online 25th of march and have been updated. Though she was denied visa

gk1990:

Well based on my extrapolation, you should hear from them in a week or 2
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gk1990: 5:10pm On May 16, 2019
Izu2016:
I know some one who applied online 25th of march and have been updated. Though she was denied visa

When was her file updated? i.e. when did she hear back from them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Izu2016: 6:26pm On May 16, 2019
3rd of may

gk1990:

When was her file updated? i.e. when did she hear back from them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OluwaFavored: 6:35pm On May 16, 2019
Hi House,

To those who have applied for Visit Visa to Canada from the US as Student on F-1,

Please, do you chose Tourism or Visit Family and/or Friend?

I have a cousin in Canada but do not have a common name. Can one choose to "Visit a friend"? Has anyone been approved on that?

What is the best option that you will recommend? Am a Graduate Student in the US and want to go and renew my Visa in Canada, it expires in July 2019.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Walexwal: 8:06pm On May 16, 2019
gk1990:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Walexwal: 8:07pm On May 16, 2019
gk1990:

I applied in the UK and I thought it was even be faster doing it there but I was wrong. Hope they don't deny one based on the fact that the Conference I wanted to go for has come and gone?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gk1990: 8:50pm On May 16, 2019
Walexwal:
I applied in the UK and I thought it was even be faster doing it there but I was wrong. Hope they don't deny one based on the fact that the Conference I wanted to go for has come and gone?

When did you submit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Walexwal: 9:04pm On May 16, 2019
gk1990:

When did you submit?
March 24th Online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gk1990: 9:41pm On May 16, 2019
Walexwal:
March 24th Online.

I don't really understand why CIC is taking so long to process visas.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lehinme: 10:38pm On May 16, 2019
I reported on the Tuesday that I picked up my passport with a 4 year multiple visa. One or two people have asked questions as to how I went about it, travel history etc. Like I said i applied using the paper route on the 13th of March. It was a TRV to attend my brother in laws wedding. I applied with my wife and mother in law. I included the wedding invitation, copy of my brother in laws Canadian passport as well as his fiances. My personal bank statements, company statements as I'm a business owner, company profile and registration documents, wedding certificates and birth certificates of my kids. I have extensive travel history and have had US and British multiple visas over the last 15 years although both have expired. Also visited Italy, Greece, South Africa, China, Turkey and Dubai. My wife has also been to US, UK and Dubai several times. In fact she only just got back from US/UK a week before we put in our applications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lehinme: 10:46pm On May 16, 2019
Forgot to mention that we included airline booking and hotel reservation. Included a in which I indicated I was to be responsible for call my wife's expenses. My mother in law included her bank statements and my brother in law sent her a letter which she included in her application where he indicated he would responsible for her. She did not include a hotel reservation in her application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 6:16am On May 17, 2019
oriazowan:
Hello, please I need some advise.
I am currently on study permit in Canada and i wish to invite my mum over to visit because I am expecting a baby. Is it wise for me to state in my letter of invitation that she is coming to take care of the baby or should I just say she is coming to visit me on a normal basis? Also, I wanted to apply for my mother in-law at the same time. Will applying for both of them same time taunt the chances of my mum getting an approval?
Thanks

if you need a good advice, please apply for your mother alone for now.You are on student permit as an international student,you are allowed only to work 20hrs a week,question a visa officer will ask is can you take care of two women at a time and be responsible for thier upkeep in Canada while with you,what if one falls sick can you cope with the medical bills here.

Allow one to come and go first before applying to get another one in

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:28am On May 17, 2019
gentleiphy:

if you need a good advice, please apply for your mother alone for now.You are on student permit as an international student,you are allowed only to work 20hrs a week,question a visa officer will ask is can you take care of two women at a time and be responsible for thier upkeep in Canada while with you,what if one falls sick can you cope with the medical bills here.

Exactly my thought.........
To sponsor only one person on study permit sef is hard not to talk of two people at d same time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by easyxtan: 8:00am On May 18, 2019
lehinme:
I reported on the Tuesday that I picked up my passport with a 4 year multiple visa. One or two people have asked questions as to how I went about it, travel history etc. Like I said i applied using the paper route on the 13th of March. It was a TRV to attend my brother in laws wedding. I applied with my wife and mother in law. I included the wedding invitation, copy of my brother in laws Canadian passport as well as his fiances. My personal bank statements, company statements as I'm a business owner, company profile and registration documents, wedding certificates and birth certificates of my kids. I have extensive travel history and have had US and British multiple visas over the last 15 years although both have expired. Also visited Italy, Greece, South Africa, China, Turkey and Dubai. My wife has also been to US, UK and Dubai several times. In fact she only just got back from US/UK a week before we put in our applications.

How long did it take you to pick up passport after you submitted your passport? I applied for my daughter on April 11, and passport request on May 9, submitted her passport May 10, which I always track and it still showing Passport still in process.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Izu2016: 8:24am On May 18, 2019
Pls did u apply for your daughter via paper route?

easyxtan:

How long did it take you to pick up passport after you submitted your passport? I applied for my daughter on April 11, and passport request on May 9, submitted her passport May 10, which I always track and it still showing Passport still in process.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by easyxtan: 9:27am On May 18, 2019
Izu2016:
Pls did u apply for your daughter via paper route?

''

Online Route
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dedzstar789: 11:46am On May 18, 2019
I dropped off my passport May 3rd and still haven’t gotten it back. Went to VFS office yesterday just to check and it wasn’t there. I’m hoping I get it next week.

easyxtan:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 2:51pm On May 18, 2019
gentleiphy:

Thank you for your advise. We considered applying for both mothers because I am also including my husband’s bank statement.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeekab0505: 2:02pm On May 19, 2019
Good day house, plz I need your help, I applied for a Canadian tourist visa in 2016, I can't find the agent that help me to apply for the visa, and I want to reapply now, how can I retrieve all the information he used for me in 2016,....plz help a brother, thank u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Izu2016: 6:32pm On May 19, 2019
Were u given visa in 2016?

zeekab0505:
Good day house, plz I need your help, I applied for a Canadian tourist visa in 2016, I can't find the agent that help me to apply for the visa, and I want to reapply now, how can I retrieve all the information he used for me in 2016,....plz help a brother, thank u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeekab0505: 6:55pm On May 19, 2019
I tracked it on vfs from September 2016 till around February 2017, after then when I tracked it says no record till date, and I want to reapply again, and I needed all the information he used for me in 2016.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OlaSalo(m): 8:24am On May 20, 2019
Morning House
Quick questions needing urgent reply and I'll be extremely delighted to have them replied to

1) I've been to the U.S. once and I wanna apply for Canada visiting visa, what are my chances?
2) I have a business I'm currently running in Nigeria. It's duly registered and I have a million and few thousands in it's account, can I use that account statement for my application?
3) My girlfriend is a p.r. there since 2014 and she wanted to send a letter of invite, can she include that we're in a relationship (not married or common law, just boyfriend and girlfriend)
I await swift response
thank you

Abeg o
no one has replied me yet
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 10:25am On May 20, 2019
I think an issue visa officers have is also having a lot of money, because the VO might think if you now decide to stay behind it means that you have enough money to settle in canada with your family.
There is a story of someone on this thread that had a way over the required POF and was denied, then she reduced it and was granted. I'm just saying tho, it might not be true but it might too.

Eseries:
Hello Guru's in the house!
I helped an uncle with his Canadian visa family vacation application.
Man has traveled to UK,US,Dubai,India. He has traveled with his family to the US before on vacation.
He has a good Job, earn between 1.8 to 2.5 million monthly salary.
He has several investments in landed properties.
He just renewed his US visa 2years along with all members of his family.
I scanned and submitted all evidences of this, the statement has over 30 million naira, the other about 8 million naira.

The application was refused. They simply put that they are not sure he will come back.

I am mad! Do this people close thier eyes and make decisions on these applications?
I submitted everything, introduction letter from place of work, promotions he has had over the years and salary increment. investments in landed properties....everything, scanned and submitted.

I plan to reapply?
Any suggestions what went wrong with previous application or hint on what to do different now.

I even submitted an itenary linking thier trip from Nigeria to America(they all have 2 years US visa) to Canada and back.

what else could I have done?

I want to reapply for them.
someone with hint on something I
may do different this time around?

Has anyone experienced such, A very good application turned down for reasons that do not add up?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 6:46pm On May 20, 2019
Hello.house. my trv application was refused yesterday. How long can i wait to reapply? Can i reapply and change my purpose of visit from tourism to birthing?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UNITEDBRAND(m): 6:58pm On May 20, 2019
Princess2019:
Hello.house. my trv application was refused yesterday. How long can i wait to reapply? Can i reapply and change my purpose of visit from tourism to birthing?
When did you submit your application and supporting documents you submitted......review of your documents is very important before you apply again...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 7:05pm On May 20, 2019
17th of march

UNITEDBRAND:

When did you submit your application and supporting documents you submitted......review of your documents is very important before you apply again...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 7:11pm On May 20, 2019
I used hotel reservation,cac document,i applied alone but with my husband's statement of account,places i will visit and flight booking

UNITEDBRAND:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UNITEDBRAND(m): 7:18pm On May 20, 2019
Princess2019:
I used hotel reservation,cac document,i applied alone but with my husband's statement of account,places i will visit and flight booking

Is it online or paper based?
What are the reason for the refusal?
I will advise that you demanded for GCMS before reapplying again while you state in your new application as birthing purpose....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 7:26pm On May 20, 2019
They are not satisfied i will leave canada based on purpose of visit

UNITEDBRAND:

Is it online or paper based?
What are the reason for the refusal?
I will advise that you demanded for GCMS before reapplying again while you state in your new application as birthing purpose....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princess2019: 7:26pm On May 20, 2019

Princess2019:
They are not satisfied i will leave canada based on purpose of visit

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 10:30pm On May 20, 2019
oriazowan:

Thank you for your advise. We considered applying for both mothers because I am also including my husband’s bank statement.

Well your choice,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (1102) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: larrypha(f), wunmit202, Meshach171(m), wencius4u and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.