Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2327113 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2019
Wait till you get the visa 1st and Canadian Embassy gives the length of your passport and it can be used anytime during the validity period.

Midnightvortex:
Good morning.
I applied on the 9th of August via paper route. I got my BVL mail this morning. However, the purpose of my intended visit is over. I'm being optimistic here, can I still use the visa to travel when I eventually get it. The validy of the visa is 6 months, correct?

Thank you as you make your contributions.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2019
Request for your GCMS note for details of the refusal

Skyloloprince:
Good Morning house, can I appeal a visa denial?
No reason was giving for denying the visa, all documents summited. How can I go about this.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anita171: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2019
Good day all,

Please how do I check to know when eligibility/background review has started?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello guru,

How do I compress my document to 4MB without altering the quality?

All efforts to reduce document has proved abortive.

While some uploaded sections(Travel history, business, and passport) has little or no documentation, I am struggling to compress my mean of financial support and client details to 4MB. Does it make sense and less confusing to move some of those documents to travel history and business section?

After battling to drop it to 5.3MB with adobe distiller, I could not even read the document...

Guidance urgently needed. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 11:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
@Enick

For compression I used the link below,

https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

Use the above of your file if its in pdf format.

I don't think it's wise to upload a document to another opening, it can confuse the VO and delay application.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2019
Anita171:
Good day all,

Please how do I check to know when eligibility/background review has started?

You login to your CIC account and check for it I.e if you applied online,

But as for paper applications am not sure.

hope this helps
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Tuesday said that the nationwide implementation of the cashless policy will begin by March 2020.

The apex bank said this in a circular to all Deposit Money Banks in the country.

It said that implementation of the policy would signal the imposition of charges on deposits in addition to already existing charges on withdrawals.

According to the circular, the charges, which take effect from Wednesday (today) will attract three per cent processing fees for withdrawals and two per cent processing fees for lodgments of amounts above N500, 000 for individual accounts.

For corporate accounts, the apex bank in the circular said that DMBs would charge five per cent processing fees for withdrawals and three per cent processing fee for lodgments of amounts above N3, 000, 000.

The statement, however, disclosed that the charge on deposits would apply in Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Abia, Anambra, and Rivers States as well as the Federal Capital Territory.

It added that the implementation of the cashless policy would take effect from March 31, 2020......Gbese....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anita171: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
Thank you

Ozzz:

You login to your CIC account and check for it I.e if you applied online,

But as for paper applications am not sure.

hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anita171: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
Wow processing time is now 74 days... please are there any July applicants on this thread that are still waiting?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by suremum: 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
Anita171:
Wow processing time is now 74 days... please are there any July applicants on this thread that are still waiting?
July applicant and still waiting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
suremum:

That must be July ending I think. Please confirm.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
suremum:

online or paper application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nellykuch: 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Please oh does anyone have medical date wey e no dey use? Help a sister!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by suremum: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
abbyode:
That must be July ending I think. Please confirm.
July 25
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by suremum: 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ozzz:

online or paper application?
Paper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrskay2017: 10:52am On Sep 19, 2019
Hello guys, I finally received my application and my visa was denied as well as my husband's too, but there was no paper explaining the reasons for the refusal, please how do I go about getting a reason for the refusal,
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mrskay2017:
Hello guys, I finally received my application and my visa was denied as well as my husband's too, but there was no paper explaining the reasons for the refusal, please how do I go about getting a reason for the refusal,
Thanks

Sorry to hear, Request for your GCMS note for details of the refusal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hi guys I have some questions

1. if one gets a visitors visa and doesn't use it are there consequences ?
2. if one gets a visitors visa and travels, is it wrong to decide to apply for work permit over there?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abioolly: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
I got a final decision on my application today..paper route...no pick up mail...I was denied on no travel experience..still shocked ..been to UK,Us,Dubai and south Africa.many times,I wish I know what to do next
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
Looks like it's raining denial with Canada at the moment. I also got my visa refusal today based on travel history and not sure if I'll comr back bla bla..

Anyways, I saw something on Twitter and thought to share. Someone said if you apply online it's the embassy in London that will reply you rather than our cousins in Kenya. If approved you'll be asked to send your passport to VFS office in Lekki who will then send to their Lagos embassy to put the visa on.

Just thought to share. I don't know the authenticity though
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
wow it seems they are just denying people as they like oo cause what do dey want again after u been to USA and Uk
Abioolly:
I got a final decision on my application today..paper route...no pick up mail...I was denied on no travel experience..still shocked ..been to UK,Us,Dubai and south Africa.many times,I wish I know what to do next
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrskay2017: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thank you, please where do I request it from, can I get an email to request?,
Thanks

Sorry to hear, Request for your GCMS note for details of the refusal.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 4:56am On Sep 20, 2019
Mrskay2017:
Thanks
Sorry. The letter should come in the mail soon.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:16am On Sep 20, 2019
Abioolly:
They are aware you have travel history but might have issues with it as regards documentation, consistency, activities and purpose of travel.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nesoalba: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2019
Midnightvortex:
Looks like it's raining denial with Canada at the moment. I also got my visa refusal today based on travel history and not sure if I'll comr back bla bla..

Anyways, I saw something on Twitter and thought to share. Someone said if you apply online it's the embassy in London that will reply you rather than our cousins in Kenya. If approved you'll be asked to send your passport to VFS office in Lekki who will then send to their Lagos embassy to put the visa on.

Just thought to share. I don't know the authenticity though

Your assertion is right. I submitted online application for my aged dad and response of approval came from London VO 2 weeks ago to submit passport for visa in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2019
Nesoalba:

Your assertion is right. I submitted online application for my aged dad and response of approval came from London VO 2 weeks ago to submit passport for visa in Lagos.
Please when did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks.

I guess my document is obviously too much. I have used all the possible pdf compressor yet I can't reduce it below 5.4mb. Thinking of removing some files but wondering if those removed document may be the magic medicine.

Ozzz:
@Enick

For compression I used the link below,

https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

Use the above of your file if its in pdf format.

I don't think it's wise to upload a document to another opening, it can confuse the VO and delay application.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hoppa(m): 10:59am On Sep 20, 2019
Kindly advise how do you request for GCMS refusal note pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kessmaya: 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hello everyone, please I got a passport request on the 25th August.... Still waiting for my passport.... I was told it takes just 3-5 working days to get my passport back.....hope I'm safe cry.....it's a study permit and lectures have started

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
@Kessmaya
Congratulations not to worry its takes 2 to 3weeks when did you submit share the documents

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (1102) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: gateleo(m), Bigkenny, Doublej805, tomiwaolugbenga, chiomapx, emmy6k(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.