Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2320537 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
Can someone help pls. I applied since October 2020 no response till now and have raised a webform still no response..

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
galala123:

Do you mean 30 Work Days? I believe its working days which is about 6 weeks.

Yes I mean 30 working days calculated from the day biometrics was updated to passed smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2021
Donbaba123:
Can someone help pls. I applied since October 2020 no response till now and have raised a webform still no response..

I thought people were asked to apply again
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2021
adveert002:

Really? So i will have re apply again with fresh documents?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
Donbaba123:

Really? So i will have re apply again with fresh documents?

Yes on the new portal please read through older post, pple with similar experience have posted their experience
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Infiosa: 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
Donbaba123:
When you raised a webform, was the initial response specific or generic ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Infiosa: 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
adveert002:

Yes, if you meet the new requirements for the new application and if not, then your application stays on the queue. You don't have to do anything.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Desty4u: 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
I just need an urgent advice my people. Hubby just got scholarship in Canada and has applied for student visa which is still on process. Is it wise to apply for visa for me and our two kids so we could travel together or He should travel first then we join him later. Note.... No travel history for both of us
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Infiosa: 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
adveert002:

Yes on the new portal please read through older post, pple with similar experience have posted their experience
Please don't get it twisted. You can only reapply if you fall into below categories stated in the URL ,otherwise your application stays in the queue and you don't have to do anything.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Infiosa: 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
Desty4u:
I just need an urgent advice my people. Hubby just got scholarship in Canada and has applied for student visa which is still on process. Is it wise to apply for visa for me and our two kids so we could travel together or He should travel first then we join him later. Note.... No travel history for both of us
Either ways is good as long as he has enough funds to support his application on dependency. You are good to go if your skillset as a dependent is in demand in Canada otherwise let him go first, then he can file in your application later.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Good evening everyone. Please I need an advice. I have a friend that has a PR in canada. We did masters together in the united states like 5 years ago. He wants to send me and my family invitations. Me, my wife and my kid. We have a good job here in nigeria and also travel history. Please I want to know with this new portal of a thing , which one should I click and also can he identify me as his family member. I am looking forward for replies. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Desty4u:
Infiosa:

Please don't get it twisted. You can only reapply if you fall into below categories stated in the URL ,otherwise your application stays in the queue and you don't have to do anything.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Ah please you pple should apply together ohhhh
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
Phakabir06:
Good evening everyone. Please I need an advice. I have a friend that has a PR in canada. We did masters together in the united states like 5 years ago. He wants to send me and my family invitations. Me, my wife and my kid. We have a good job here in nigeria and also travel history. Please I want to know with this new portal of a thing , which one should I click and also can he identify me as his family member. I am looking forward for replies. Thank you

He is your friend not your family member. As such you don’t qualify for family reunification. Make una no go make them block this path for people wey get genuine family reunification na.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
Please someone explain.....What do they mean by saying you should be vaccinated 14 days before you travel? Does it mean if you are fully vaccinated since November 2021 and you are traveling February 2022, does it mean you can't travel? Does it mean you should take your second dose 14 days before traveling?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Donbaba123: 12:08am On Dec 27, 2021
adveert002:

Okay thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 12:39am On Dec 27, 2021
Lezy:
Please someone explain.....What do they mean by saying you should be vaccinated 14 days before you travel? Does it mean if you are fully vaccinated since November 2021 and you are traveling February 2022, does it mean you can't travel? Does it mean you should take your second dose 14 days before traveling?

It means 14 days should have passed since you got your second dose.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pelumide2020: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2021
Good Morning house
I’m new here
I would like to know if any pregnant woman has done medicals and how far along are they
Did they get approved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DeeWan: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2021
Please, I would like to ask.... I plan to travel with my kids (4.5years old, and 2 years old) to meet my wife who is on a study permit in January 2022. I am fully vaccinated with a canadian work permit but the kids are not due to their age. Do the kids require a written authorization to enter Canada? For those that travelled with kids less than 5 years old, please, what was it like at POE? Help a brother with this information �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2021
Ok, thanks
19CannyMum:

It means 14 days should have passed since you got your second dose.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by daks02: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
DeeWan:
Please, I would like to ask.... I plan to travel with my kids (4.5years old, and 2 years old) to meet my wife who is on a study permit in January 2022. I am fully vaccinated with a canadian work permit but the kids are not due to their age. Do the kids require a written authorization to enter Canada? For those that travelled with kids less than 5 years old, please, what was it like at POE? Help a brother with this information �

The kids don’t need to be vaccinated, if your wife isn’t travelling with you then you need authorisation from her I think.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigbolanle: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello pls I have a visitor visa to travel on the 17th of January to reunite with spouse and I am fully vaccinated. To my understanding I don’t need the written authorization form . Is this correct anyone pls?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigbolanle: 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
gazu007:

Hello .. please where you asked for the authorization letter to fly ? I have a visitor visa and I am fully vaccinated.

Hi I left lagos yesterday via klm on trv to unite with sibling. I enrolled on arrive can app, vaccination card, negative COVID test from accredited lab, authorization from ircc to fly (did this via webform). All documents are checked at all airports, so print all documents. In Canada I was randomly selected to do a COVID test. I am to quarantine in my sisters house till results come out in 24 hours . If negative I can go about my business, if positive then further quarantine for 10 days. They also gave a home test kit to do in 10 days and send to them. Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TradeSunMoore: 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2021
Bigbolanle:
Hello pls I have a visitor visa to travel on the 17th of January to reunite with spouse and I am fully vaccinated. To my understanding I don’t need the written authorization form . Is this correct anyone pls?
Yes. All you need is a 72 hours PCR test and your evidence of full vaccination. I travelled on xmas day to see my daughter in school in Toronto. I spent less than 2mins with CBSa agent before been cleared for entry.
Just fill your arrivecan properly, attach the necessary documents and print the receipt.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 7:15am On Dec 28, 2021
Hello house,
I have a Canadian visiting visa, am fully vaccinated.
can I travel by middle of January 2022 for Tourism?
Will i be permitted at the POE?
What are the necessary docs i need to hold.
I don't have any siblings in Canada.
Will there be any questioning based on the reason why am travelling to Canada.
Though i have travelled to Canada before and came back that was 2 years ago.
Please kindly advise.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 7:52am On Dec 28, 2021
maziude:

He is your friend not your family member. As such you don’t qualify for family reunification. Make una no go make them block this path for people wey get genuine family reunification na.

Thank you so much for the clarification. Please I need a guidance . I am looking at 1st week of February to travel . And also seems they are mostly attending to reunification of family members . Can that my friend still send me letter of invitation and I can also apply for visitors visa. Kindly guide me through/ thank you �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2021
Heledy:
Hello house,
Please kindly advise.
Thanks

Heledy I believe all the necessary thing you need to do before travel to Canada as been explaining before your questions, I know you will fill arrivecan properly, attach the necessary documents and print the receipt.

Also do pre departure test in Nigeria 72hr before your flight. Maybe another test in Canada when you arrive

My advise is that you should not travel around January to avoid any questioning base on the reason why are you traveling as a tourist at this time since you don't have a siblings or family as you said.

Why can't you travel around April against easther atleast you will have a reason why you are traveling to canada.

Note: when do you apply for your current visa?
That your current visa would be a tourist visa you apply for when issue to you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2021
I can’t comprehend your last paragraph
The visa was approved 2018
And I traveled the same year with it to Canada for 2 months before returning
Gentlesoul3268:

Heledy I believe all the necessary thing you need to do before travel to Canada as been explaining before your questions, I know you will fill arrivecan properly, attach the necessary documents and print the receipt.

Also do pre departure test in Nigeria 72hr before your flight. Maybe another test in Canada when you arrive

My advise is that you should not travel around January to avoid any questioning base on the reason why are you traveling as a tourist at this time since you don't have a siblings or family as you said.

Why can't you travel around April against easther atleast you will have a reason why you are traveling to canada.

Note: when do you apply for your current visa?
That your current visa would be a tourist visa you apply for when issue to you?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by baddestguy: 10:55am On Dec 28, 2021
Heledy:
Hello house,
Please kindly advise.
Thanks

HELLO COMPLIMENTS EVERY ONE
I have a question. When u apply for a Canada for tourist. Do u put like a time u wanna travel or somtin in d application? Cos I see u say u have ur visa already . But they r saying why not go in April. I tot since u have your visa u can go anytime u want. Can som1 explain . During d application do u let them know when u wanna travel
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Heledy:
Hello house,
Please kindly advise.
Thanks

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/foreign-sept7-vaccine
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DeeWan: 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
gazu007:

Hi I left lagos yesterday via klm on trv to unite with sibling. I enrolled on arrive can app, vaccination card, negative COVID test from accredited lab, authorization from ircc to fly (did this via webform). All documents are checked at all airports, so print all documents. In Canada I was randomly selected to do a COVID test. I am to quarantine in my sisters house till results come out in 24 hours . If negative I can go about my business, if positive then further quarantine for 10 days. They also gave a home test kit to do in 10 days and send to them. Cheers

Please how long did it take before you got the written authorization letter after requesting from IRCC?. Also, can an applicant who used the services of an agent apply directly from IRCC or has to go through the agent for this request from IRCC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
Heledy:
Hello house,
Please kindly advise.
Thanks

Nobody can tell you what to expect as no one works with border services.

The information you need is on the cic website.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iamblessed007: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2021
Thanks for this. Did you get all your boarding pass from KLM desk in lagos, i mean the one to Amastrdam and the one to canada?

Secondly, When you got to Amsterdam, did you go through passport control or security control before located your departure gate for your the next flight to canada?

thanks
gazu007:

No covid test in Amsterdam, if you google you will see government accredited website you can do your test close to you. mine was done at a lab in gbagada general hospital and I got my results same day before my flight. So when I got into Canada and I did the declaration on the self service machine then I proceeded to the boarder patrol officers desk and she told me I was randomly selected. I have a feeling anyone from Naija would be selected I guess they used my region. My test just came out and it is negative.

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: hammed71(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.