Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332208 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YinksXO: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
I've used MasterCard and visa debit cards, still no luck. Called my bank and they said there's no issue from their end, that it's possibly from IRCC's website since all of the cards are not working. Don't know if I should use the normal GC key or wait this out?

mrprolifik:

A friend of mine had similar issue with both his debit Mastercard and prepaid Mastercard issued by his bank in Italy. He couldn't pay to submit his trv application for 1 week until he got a prepaid Visa card and tried and it went through.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2022
YinksXO:
I've used MasterCard and visa debit cards, still no luck. Called my bank and they said there's no issue from their end, that it's possibly from IRCC's website since all of the cards are not working. Don't know if I should use the normal GC key or wait this out?

If it doesnt work in the new portal it won't work in the old one using the GCKey cos the 2 sites uses the same payment network to process payments. Are your cards registered for online banking?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
YinksXO:

You can ask a friend to help you with this card and use different car for individual but make sure they have minimum of 100k in their bank
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iwale: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good afternoon guru in the house, pls i just want too ask if ircc is attending to the pending application,curs going by thier words,visiting with hotel booking cannot reapply only wait till wen they respond.and i know many people are really being stock from this junction,that what is happing to the pending application,that why am asking hope they are attending to does pending ones.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by YinksXO: 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
Yes, the cards are registered for online banking. I've used the UBA one before with the GC key to make payments for people with no issues at all. I don't even know jare. Thanks for your help.

mrprolifik:

If it doesnt work in the new portal it won't work in the old one using the GCKey cos the 2 sites uses the same payment network to process payments. Are your cards registered for online banking?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Scentiments: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
Hello everyone, I have been a silent reader. My husband and I applied/biometrics for our TRV on Oct 2nd 2021 but still no response. However, I have noticed most people who applied through the new portal received response quick.
Can we also reapply through the new portal or is it only meant for applicants who have relatives currently living in Canada??
Please your response will be highly appreciated �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
iwale:
Good afternoon guru in the house, pls i just want too ask if ircc is attending to the pending application,curs going by thier words,visiting with hotel booking cannot reapply only wait till wen they respond.and i know many people are really being stock from this junction,that what is happing to the pending application,that why am asking hope they are attending to does pending ones.
Click on the link to have an idea of the current situation with the ircc and their cases
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2022/01/canadas-immigration-backlog-now-over-1-8-million-applications-0120775.html/amp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 1:11am On Jan 08, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

Yes I submitted a new application with my husband a few days to Christmas, previous application nothing yet and I don’t know what steps to withdraw. I’ve not sent any web form to them as per that one since I’ve submitted a new one and looking forward to the new one.

Oh that's good. The new application will help know if they're dutifully keeping up with their 14-30 days timeline. Fingers crossed and all the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 2:11am On Jan 08, 2022
Scentiments:
Hello everyone, I have been a silent reader. My husband and I applied/biometrics for our TRV on Oct 2nd 2021 but still no response. However, I have noticed most people who applied through the new portal received response quick.
Can we also reapply through the new portal or is it only meant for applicants who have relatives currently living in Canada??
Please your response will be highly appreciated �

If you meet any of the criteria on the new portal, you can reapply by submitting a new application. As far as I know, others who submitted on the new portal and didn't meet the criteria are still waiting for CIC's response. (Well, even those who met the criteria)
So processing time is likely same as applying on the old portal for anyone who doesn't meet the criteria. But I may be wrong.

Moreover, and wrt to the above link posted, CIC is working through a large number of backlog so this may likely impact the processing time on the new portal.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 5:56am On Jan 08, 2022
Scentiments:
Please your response will be highhly appreciated �

Well to my own point of view,it is those who are travel to meet their relatives in canada on family reunion that are gotten response quickly.

I did my biometric on Nov 24 2021 for tourist visa travel date is April against easter, also many people that applied before me for tourist purpose are still waiting. None of us that applied for tourist visa without having any relatives in Canada gotten any response yet infact we don't know the time frame but looking unto God.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 8:56am On Jan 08, 2022
OloriOfMontreal:

Oh that's good. The new application will help know if they're dutifully keeping up with their 14-30 days timeline. Fingers crossed and all the best.
My new application is 8 working days now. I think they’re keeping to time. My sister applied and total timeline was 23 working days thereabouts

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goryorhal(m): 9:04am On Jan 08, 2022
Good morning everyone

Please how much is the Canada visa fees in naira ??
Secondly I am also having problem paying with my Gtb cards..

Anyone with a solution or can render an assistance ...

Asking for a relative ..
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2022
goryorhal:
Good morning everyone

Please how much is the Canada visa fees in naira ??
Secondly I am also having problem paying with my Gtb cards..

Anyone with a solution or can render an assistance ...

Asking for a relative ..
Thanks

I think the issue affects a lot of people with Mastercard. Try using a VISA prepaid card or VISA credit card and secondly make sure the card is registered for online banking. Use either visa prepaid card or visa credit card. I don't know if visa debit card will work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2022
Good day house.

@Ashirioliwa, please how did you tackle the employer letter and consent personal information?
Am in the same situation.

Please, contributions from anyone will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

quote author=Ashirioluwa post=108046351]Documents upload question: I don't know if I am applying through the right portal or not. After I filled out the application, I was asked to upload documents in this format

1. Supporting documents: Passport / Travel document

2. Optional documents:
(a) Consent personal information
(b) Additional documents
(c) Employer letter (current).

The Employer letter is asking for: A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada.

Please am I on the right page. Do you guys added any document to the Employer letter because is like this is not for visitor visa

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
jayifeanyi1234:
Good day house.

@Ashirioliwa, please how did you tackle the employer letter and consent personal information?

Thank you.

quote author=Ashirioluwa post=108046351]Documents upload question: I don't know if I am applying through the right portal or not. After I filled out the application, I was asked to upload documents in this format

2. Optional documents:
(b) Additional documents

The Employer letter is asking for: A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada.

Please am I on the right page. Do you guys added any document to the Employer letter because is like this is not for visitor visa

Well as for me, I put my own employment letter there and other relevant documents and supporting documents they will be sorting it out them self I applied on a new portal as a tourist

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
jayifeanyi1234:
Good day house.

Thank you.

2. Optional documents:
(b) Additional documents

The employer letter (Canada) - is relevant to those who are working for a company in Canada. I included her employment letter and other relevant documents under additional documents

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Well as for me, I put my own employment letter there and other relevant documents and supporting documents they will be sorting it out them self I applied on a new portal as a tourist

Right
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
I appreciate your response...thank you.

quote author=Gentlesoul3268 post=109192759]

Well as for me, I put my own employment letter there and other relevant documents and supporting documents they will be sorting it out them self I applied on a new portal as a tourist [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2022
Okay. Thanks so much. Well appreciated.

quote author=Ashirioluwa post=109193206]

The employer letter (Canada) - is relevant to those who are working for a company in Canada. I included her employment letter and other relevant documents under additional documents

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
Thanks so much for the response.

Ashirioluwa:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1950Mack: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
Is there any travel agent here that knows about Canada recruitment application? cool
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoWorld: 6:04am On Jan 09, 2022
Be careful shocked NO TRAVEL AGENCY HERE... But all of us on this forum are travel agents with free services. Ask your question many people will answered you for free

1950Mack:
Is there any travel agent here that knows about Canada recruitment application? cool

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by onyealid: 10:54am On Jan 09, 2022
Hi all, please I and my 3 other friends used an agent for a visa processing to Canada, he told us the visa has been approved but he did not tell us the type of visa either visit or work permit. Now he said because one of us is almost due to give birth that it is better to wait after delivery so we all can go for the visa collection in group. I don’t know if he is right or just buying time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iskilayodele: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2022
onyealid:
Hi all, please I and my 3 other friends used an agent for a visa processing to Canada, he told us the visa has been approved but he did not tell us the type of visa either visit or work permit. Now he said because one of us is almost due to give birth that it is better to wait after delivery so we all can go for the visa collection in group. I don’t know if he is right or just buying time

How much did you pay him individually for the processing? And did you all go for biometric data capturing?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2022
There is a red flag with this your agent.
1. Wether your friend give birth or not, you don't go in group or individual to collect visa, you send your passport to vfs and vfs sends your passport to Canada embassy, you can use DHL or ups.

2. How can you be doing visa and you don't care what type of visa the agent is doing for you, sorry for this question but am just curious? Let's assume it is visiting, when is traveling date? Where and which province are you going for you to have even researched the province by now? Is it visiting or tourist? If it is work permit, did you give the agent your qualification? Resume? Which company hired you? Is it LMIA approved or excempted?

Whether visit visa or work permit, you have 30 days to submit your original passport.

Can you ask the agent to show you original passport request letter from the embassy and hear what he says? And if he shows you, can you ask him that you guys won't be going in group to collect the visa that you want to use courier service to send in your passport for stamping?

Hope other experienced people in this group will add to my points.
onyealid:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by williamszooh: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
onyealid:
please you need to be very careful with this your agent,please don't pay him/her any dine,it sounds suspicious,please ask for the original passports request letter from the embassy,and you don't need to go in group,neither you must wait for one of you to give birth.the passports request letter from the embassy has deadline of 30days,please beware of this scammer called travel agent

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Akupuncture: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
onyealid:

Who is the "agent"? Is he a licensed Canadian immigration consultant (most likely not)? How can you hire an agent to process visa for you and you don't even know what kind of visa s/he is processing for you? Did you sign the visa application documents? Did you even do biometrics?There is nothing like "visa collection in group". This is not a case of the agent buying time - this is likely a case of you and your 3 friends being scammed by the agent.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EyinjuGod(f): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
onyealid:

You can as well request for your log in details to see the timeline and know if the agent actually got any positive feedback all the while because 10 people can apply for same visa same day and 2 of them get feedback weeks later and others get feedback maybe months later or so.

The response time is never the same for everyone that applied the same day.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Scam!!!

onyealid:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GoldenCrown1160: 3:46am On Jan 10, 2022
Let's talk
uchman:
Canada people,
Is there anybody that want to go into used car dismantling business with me from Canada? The pay is better than oil company...
I will teach you the business and also bring part of the money for the business...

Dont ignore...
Take this chance...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchman(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2022
GoldenCrown1160:
Let's talk

PM sent,
Check my signature for my contact.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
GoldenCrown1160:
Let's talk
Let's talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: larrypha(f), deejay102, dubaiboy1, oluayebenz, Tomisyn26 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.