Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2327464 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:09am On Jun 17, 2022
thanks for sharing enjoy your trip

Adesinm:

Extending our date will cost more money and affect our plans hence seeking for alternative.

Documents Submitted
Our Valid US visa
Data page
Daughters US data page
CAC
Business Bank Statement
Business Contract Agreement and Partnerships certificate with clients we work with
Husband's letter of introduction and annual leave from employer
Letter of Explanation
Letter of Invitation and PR from friend in Canada
Old pictures of us and friend in Canada

Though they didn't ask for all these, only Valid US visa, marriage certificate and Passport, but we merged all documents in 1 file and reduced size to 2mb and uploaded under additional documents.

I hope this helps
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2022
Please, how can someone send additional documents after submitting an application. Please, someone should help and drop the link. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erudensi(f): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2022
Good morning my people,
Please I need your advice and experience too,

My husband was denied his SOWP visa yesterday after 8 months of waiting and reason been that my school here in Canada is not eligible for PGWP. I want to apply for a visiting visa for him as advised by my school and friends, say we can claim to celebrate our birthday together since it's same month and also summer. On the other some folks advised that I can still appeal for the SOWP while I gather all the necessary documents for the visiting visa.

Pls I need your help @all the experts in the house cos my mental being is at stake honestly. @Wales pls respond to my mail.

Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erudensi(f): 11:47am On Jun 17, 2022
Good morning my people,
Please I need your advice and experience too,

My husband was denied his SOWP visa yesterday after 8 months of waiting and reason been that my school here in Canada is not eligible for PGWP. I want to apply for a visiting visa for him as advised by my school and friends, say we can claim to celebrate our birthday together since it's same month and also summer. On the other some folks advised that I can still appeal for the SOWP while I gather all the necessary documents for the visiting visa.
Please can I apply for him from here like inside Canada while he is in Nigeria because of the processing time.

Pls I need your help @all the experts in the house cos my mental being is at stake honestly. @Wales pls respond to my mail.

Thanks all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zennez: 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zennez: 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
PLEASE I WANT TO ASK, CAN I EMAIL KENYA AND NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION LIKE 100 times a week??
Cus when I start nobody will hold me.

They want to spoil someone’s life ���. Since October 2021!
Ahhh! Shey na biometrics I wan dey chop? �
Eligibility hasn’t even started ���

Hi, was this application done through the old portal? If yes, my suggestion would be that you reapply using the new portal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zennez: 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
obazi:
People like us are still waiting since April 2021.

Hi, was this application done through the old portal? If yes, you may need to reapply using the new portal. They actually put out a notification saying they recommend you submit a new online application if you submitted before a certain date: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
I thought if it's only our situation changes. I got a message from cic recently.

zennez:

Hi, was this application done through the old portal? If yes, you may need to reapply using the new portal. They actually put out a notification saying they recommend you submit a new online application if you submitted before a certain date: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zennez: 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
obazi:
I thought if it's only our situation changes. I got a message from cic recently.

My suggestion is based on the section in the link that says 'we recommend that you submit a new online application if (1) you submitted your visitor visa application before Sept 7, 2021"

I was in your situation some time ago. My mum applied for a visa in May 2021 and we hadn't heard back as at this year. So i reapplied using the new portal in February, 2022 and her visa was approved a few months after.
I know a couple of people that have had to reapply using the new portal too.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DianneM: 8:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Congratulations Adesinm and safe travels.

Did you keep sending mails even after nairobi responded or you just waited it out? Received the same email a couple of days ago too.

Thank you

Adesinm:
PPR Alert for I and my husband

Submitted March 27th
Biometrics April 8th
BVL June 16th
PPR June 16th

Grateful to God, we sent emails and we forms to all email addresses.

Got a response from Nairobi 8 days ago that it's still under review and they have a lot of applications to deal with ......

I will like to ask a question, we are traveling to the US next week, please is it possible to submit our passports in the Canadian embassy over there. Because our 30 days submission will remain 2 days by the time we back.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
zennez:

My suggestion is based on the section in the link that says 'we recommend that you submit a new online application if (1) you submitted your visitor visa application before Sept 7, 2021"

I was in your situation some time ago. My mum applied for a visa in May 2021 and we hadn't heard back as at this year. So i reapplied using the new portal in February, 2022 and her visa was approved a few months after.

Reapplying obviously means resubmission of everything afresh right even resent bank statements and prove of funds again ?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
Greetings, did my Biometrics At Abuja....Upon submitting my passport to VFS office via DHL it was not accepted reasons that i didn't pay the transmission fee....i was surprise and thought maybe this is a new development.
i did my biometrics 2018 am i supposed to pay for transmission? Even, if i submitted my PP to Abuja office where i did my biometric... i was so annoyed i just had to pay at DHL office and resend it back

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
Please since 2018 are they just asking for your passport??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erudensi(f): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
Pls my people, help a sister please.

Please can I apply for him from here like inside Canada while he is in Nigeria because of the processing time.

Thanks all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Erudensi(f): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
Pls my people, help a sister please.

Thanks all[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
afrobrown2000:
Greetings, did my Biometrics At Abuja....Upon submitting my passport to VFS office via DHL it was not accepted reasons that i didn't pay the transmission fee....i was surprise and thought maybe this is a new development.
i did my biometrics 2018 am i supposed to pay for transmission? Even, if i submitted my PP to Abuja office where i did my biometric... i was so annoyed i just had to pay at DHL office and resend it back

You definitely need to pay transmission fee.
Your biometric fee has expired since 2018 on that old application.

Transmission fee can only be waive if you resubmit your biometric again on this new application, and since your biometric is still valid with cic for 10yrs, any future passport request from cic will required a new transmission fee by VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2022
Hello

Please what is the email of the MP.. My application is taking forever as well. And the gcms note still on info sharing.
London office

Please do let me know

thanks

rockachic:
Hello,

So while the application was taking forever we sent a couple of webforms and also contacted an MP. We just got a response from the MP after the application was refused and the following were sent to the MP as reasons for the refusal:
1. Applicant failed to provide proof to prove the mother and daughter relationship to (name of daughter)
2. Applicant's reason to visit is to attend the ex-husband's wedding, however, applicant did not provide any evidence to prove that she is legally separated or divorced with the ex-husband.
3. Applicant stated on her application that she is in retail / Security verification: wholesale business, however, she is not able to provide any income proof or personal fund for the visit.

Tho I made a silly mistake, I felt they should have requested for those documents especially because it's stated on the portal that if they needed more documents they will request for them. Also the 3rd reason they gave is not true because I submitted my statement of account with the application.

Meanwhile the reasons for refusal that was sent to the MP is different from the ones listed in the refusal letter. These are the reasons listed in the refusal letter:

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

My hosts stated in the Invitation letter that they will be paying for my flight, feeding and also accommodate me and bank statements were attached to support their claim, I also submitted my bank statements. So that last reason is a bit confusing

I am wondering if the reasons sent to the MP is what is in my GCMS note since it's more detailed. I have not requested for my GCMS notes, I don't know if I should still do that.

I really appreciate your prompt responses and contributions to this thread, God bless you abundantly.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lovelyeyeballs: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
olasubomy:

Iffylove,

Keep sending them reminders. Do you also e-mail to Abuja-
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca.

Please how can one get Mp email address? Also what is Nairobi email address?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hello, it was my host that sent the mail to the MP, tho i have the email of the MP, i dont know if the MP for her province is the same as yours. She is in Toronto.

chatmate:
Hello

Please what is the email of the MP.. My application is taking forever as well. And the gcms note still on info sharing.
London office

Please do let me know

thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hello,
I want to start building my proof of funds. I am doing my own business which is registered. Please I need a little clarification on this:

** Applicant stated on her application that she is in retail / Security verification: wholesale business, however, she is not able to provide any income proof or personal fund for the visit.**

As a business owner, do I need income proof or I should just use my personal funds? Tho I have a business account, but I understand the funds they will be expecting me to have in it will be huge. So should I just build my personal account and use it, if not is there a way to go about the *income proof*?

olasubomy:

I think you should still request your GCMS notes so you can be assured that you are not leaving anything out. You would need to address the visa officer's concerns in your next application.

1. I think their first point is straightforward. You can attach the birth certificates of your daughter and yourself, and you can also attach two samples of old pictures you took with your daughter.

2. As stated in my earlier response to you, try to be silent as much as possible about your ex-husband in your purpose of visit to Canada and focus more on your visit to your daughter. However, make sure you work on the concerns of the immigration officer regarding documentary proof of separation or divorce, then attach that to your next application. You can still declare him in your form and then tick (divorced or separation) as applicable because what you filled in your first application regarding your bio details must be consistent with what you would fill in the re-application.

3. They are expecting you to attach evidence of your claim in the retail business. Are you an employee, they would expect to see a reference letter from your organization to the embassy and perhaps you are the owner of the business, you can plan to attach your incorporation documents and evidence of last tax returns filed.

4. Proof of Funds – My suggestions as earlier mention is you give sometime and build your proof of funds but please avoid lumpsum deposits as you build.

I can sense you are really in a hurry to apply again but I would suggest you wait for your GCMS note and take your time to build a strong application so you can get it right the next time but regardless, its your call.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tal4real(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
Adesinm:

Submitted March 27th
Biometrics April 8th
BVL June 16th
PPR June 16th

Got a response from Nairobi 8 days ago that it's still under review and they have a lot of applications to deal with ......

I will like to ask a question, we are traveling to the US next week, please is it possible to submit our passports in the Canadian embassy over there. Because our 30 days submission will remain 2 days by the time we back.

Thank you

Please did you apply with the general GC Key sign in or through the portal? Response to this is quite vital please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
Lovelyeyeballs:

Please how can one get Mp email address? Also what is Nairobi email address?

1. MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT IN CANADA

See below - check for the one that applies to the city you intend to visit.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/search

2. NAIROBI CONTACT E-MAIL

nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fave12345: 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
Good afternoon guys. I must commend your efforts on this community. Nice work guys.

Please is it possible to enter Canada through visitor visa and convert the visa to something else
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WarriBrandChic: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
Its possible to enter with visitors visa and apply for study permit within canada. My coursemate did it and was approved in less than a month. Though it takes time to receive the permit print out (the one given at border). Its sent via mail to ones address and without it, you can't apply for SIN, Health card or get job.

Fave12345:
Good afternoon guys. I must commend your efforts on this community. Nice work guys.

Please is it possible to enter Canada through visitor visa and convert the visa to something else
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
@chatmate

olasubomy:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DianneM: 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Good evening Olsubomy,

I'd like to send you an email please
Thanks
olasubomy:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 6:59am On Jun 20, 2022
PLEASE CAN I SEND EMAIL TO ALL THE MP’s in MANITOBA?
I can see it’s not just one person. CAN I EMAIL ALL OF THEM? Maybe if they all write to IRCC, they’d know I’m not playing too abi?
I’m just confused since October 2021.

Or should I re apply using the new portal? I’m just being skeptical cus I have been waiting for almost 9 months while hoping a decision will come in anytime.

I do not want to re apply and go stay on the queue again starting from the beginning. Please what should I do?

quote author=olasubomy post=113925738]

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tal4real(m): 9:53am On Jun 20, 2022
WarriBrandChic:
Its possible to enter with visitors visa and apply for study permit within canada. My coursemate did it and was approved in less than a month. Though it takes time to receive the permit print out (the one given at border). Its sent via mail to ones address and without it, you can't apply for SIN, Health card or get job.

I guess you can get a job too and then work permit, if you’re graced to find a job tho.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tal4real(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Adesinm:

Submitted March 27th
Biometrics April 8th
BVL June 16th
PPR June 16th

Thank you

Please I’m still awaiting your response. It would really help. Was your application done with the new portal or the GC key sign-in ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tal4real(m): 10:27am On Jun 20, 2022
zennez:

You said a few months after - how many months please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ebylicious: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2022
Hello,

Has this question been answered? I would like to know also please.

Please, if I want to submit more documents for an already submitted application, how can I do it?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Febisola007: 11:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Guys my children visa application just got approved two weeks ago. They are minors (age 2 and 4 years) I sent their passport and original passport request letter to Abuja but it was returned. Please what do I need to add for them to stamp it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (1102) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: monopoly3072 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.